PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

The people who made TrueAchievements have now made a TrueTrophies site, allowing members to track and compare their trophies obtained. The site also allows you to find other people to play with, which might be very valuable for a new system, since your friends on current generation systems might not all be buying a PlayStation 4.

You can also make groups, so someone can get a CAG group started to make it easier for people from this site to find each other to play with.

I don't really enjoy promoting these sorts of sites, as they seem to encourage the wrong type of play, but they can be very useful for finding cooperative players if you can't find any (especially with older or smaller titles).
http://www.truetrophies.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=84

#69! Gosh, I feel special. :3
I think its funny that Velo said I might pass him up in trophies cause of CoD: Ghosts. Hahaha, he plays a shit ton of CoD but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Jay pulled some plats out and move up the list quick.

I think its funny that Velo said I might pass him up in trophies cause of CoD: Ghosts. Hahaha, he plays a shit ton of CoD but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Jay pulled some plats out and move up the list quick.
Anything is possible. I've earned like 20 trophies this past month. Too busy playing Pokemon and Wii U. It's a nice change of pace, since too many people think I am completely motivated by trophies (though I am actively working towards the needlessly long Rayman Legend platinum).

Anything is possible. I've earned like 20 trophies this past month. Too busy playing Pokemon and Wii U. It's a nice change of pace, since too many people think I am completely motivated by trophies (though I am actively working towards the needlessly long Rayman Legend platinum).
It's always good to change it up. I wasn't on my PS3 for 4 days this last week so my 3DS and Vita took the gaming time those days. I'm sure I'll see you working on that Legends plat soon than later.

It's always good to change it up. I wasn't on my PS3 for 4 days this last week so my 3DS and Vita took the gaming time those days. I'm sure I'll see you working on that Legends plat soon than later.
I want to give up on Rayman; it's such a soul killer. It's quite possibly one of the most deceptively long trophies out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, honest question here and I would really appreciate some CAG advice/feedback.

I have a launch day PS4 preordered that is mostly paid off in Amazon credit (I have $30 left on it right now but once my last trade processes today the entire order will be paid in credit), but I'm really struggling to find a game to go with it.  I had Watch Dogs preordered as my launch game so the delay is a big loss.  I'm mainly interested in BF4 and Lego Marvel but I own Lego on 360 right now and $400 credit plus $60 for BF4 is an awfully expensive way to play it when I can grab it for my 360 or PS3 for $30 at Black Friday.  I'm really debating just cancelling my preorder and waiting until Watch Dogs, Destiny, Infamous, etc actually hit the market.  

So my question in all of this is, do you guys think theres any chance of some giftcard/game bundles in the next 6 months or so?  I know a price cut wont happen so a bundle deal might be the next best bet.

so, honest question here and I would really appreciate some CAG advice/feedback.

I have a launch day PS4 preordered that is mostly paid off in Amazon credit (I have $30 left on it right now but once my last trade processes today the entire order will be paid in credit), but I'm really struggling to find a game to go with it. I had Watch Dogs preordered as my launch game so the delay is a big loss. I'm mainly interested in BF4 and Lego Marvel but I own Lego on 360 right now and $400 credit plus $60 for BF4 is an awfully expensive way to play it when I can grab it for my 360 or PS3 for $30 at Black Friday. I'm really debating just cancelling my preorder and waiting until Watch Dogs, Destiny, Infamous, etc actually hit the market.

So my question in all of this is, do you guys think theres any chance of some giftcard/game bundles in the next 6 months or so? I know a price cut wont happen so a bundle deal might be the next best bet.
Keep it, get BF4 in those B2G1 deals going this week, flip the other two you don't want and use that money on Infamous/Watch Dogs.

So my question in all of this is, do you guys think theres any chance of some giftcard/game bundles in the next 6 months or so? I know a price cut wont happen so a bundle deal might be the next best bet.
I really doubt it and I think most people will tell you the same thing. Even they have consoles on the shelf 90% of the time it's not like demand's going to lacking at any point in the next year and will probably hold steady through the spring when more appealing titles come out and grow through the next holiday season. If you just want BF4 you can try your luck with finding it at Target this week, grab two other $60 games with it to return. Target prorates these things so if you only want one or two games it's easily fixed.

I have a launch day PS4 preordered that is mostly paid off in Amazon credit (I have $30 left on it right now but once my last trade processes today the entire order will be paid in credit), but I'm really struggling to find a game to go with it. I had Watch Dogs preordered as my launch game so the delay is a big loss. I'm mainly interested in BF4 and Lego Marvel but I own Lego on 360 right now and $400 credit plus $60 for BF4 is an awfully expensive way to play it when I can grab it for my 360 or PS3 for $30 at Black Friday. I'm really debating just cancelling my preorder and waiting until Watch Dogs, Destiny, Infamous, etc actually hit the market.

I doubt it. Its a new system, unless it sells poorly will their be a lot of bundles at a discount. Right now its selling very well. By 2014 Black Friday you may be able to get a bundled system at a decent price maybe. But nothing before.

I have 2 PS4s that are going to be charged to my CC, can I contact my CC company or is there some way to tell them in advance to NOT block those charges?

so, honest question here and I would really appreciate some CAG advice/feedback. I have a launch day PS4 preordered that is mostly paid off in Amazon credit (I have $30 left on it right now but once my last trade processes today the entire order will be paid in credit), but I'm really struggling to find a game to go with it. I had Watch Dogs preordered as my launch game so the delay is a big loss. I'm mainly interested in BF4 and Lego Marvel but I own Lego on 360 right now and $400 credit plus $60 for BF4 is an awfully expensive way to play it when I can grab it for my 360 or PS3 for $30 at Black Friday. I'm really debating just cancelling my preorder and waiting until Watch Dogs, Destiny, Infamous, etc actually hit the market. So my question in all of this is, do you guys think theres any chance of some giftcard/game bundles in the next 6 months or so? I know a price cut wont happen so a bundle deal might be the next best bet.
I canceled mine for the same reason. Figured I would free up some cash for Christmas and give them time to get some games out. I did not order a ps3 and 6-7 months later they had the metal gear solid bundle with a larger hardrive that I picked up. Figure there will be a watchdog bundle or second son bundle in the future. Plus a lot of my friends are are just staying with bf4 and call of duty on the ps3.

I know this is an extremely ridiculous complaint to make, but I really dislike the PS4 box compared to the PS3 one.  It doesn't hit me with that next-gen first impression at all.

Has anyone got their confirmation to pick up their ps4 from best buy at the launch?

When do you guys think amazon will start shipping these? Mine says launch edition and delivery is by Friday at 8:00 but I'm still nervous..ha

Friday can't come soon enough now. Got two games from target and might pick up a 3rd game and an extra controller friday after I get my system. Cmon Friday!!!

Question!

I have my PS4 coming by 8pm on Friday. BUT the mail office at my school closes at 5( I live on campus )

Is there a way I can pick it up at Fedex instead? I ordered via Amazon.

Question!

I have my PS4 coming by 8pm on Friday. BUT the mail office at my school closes at 5( I live on campus )

Is there a way I can pick it up at Fedex instead? I ordered via Amazon.
Well you should probably wait and see who actually ships it first. ;)

After that both UPS and FedEx usually give you the ability to reschedule or request to pick it up from the tracking page.

Dude never owned a 360 but those xbox one commercials are making it look sweet. Granted I find it creepy that I walk into a room and the camera picks me up but still, looks like some next gen shit. Second guessing my choice because I will never have time to own both.

Dude never owned a 360 but those xbox one commercials are making it look sweet. Granted I find it creepy that I walk into a room and the camera picks me up but still, looks like some next gen shit. Second guessing my choice because I will never have time to own both.
You can put a cover over the Kinect when you're not using it. It's really all personal preference. Xbox One for Media Center with gaming included, PS4 for a system focused around gaming.

First. Amazon has 8pm because thats when UPS driver stop making runs. You will more than likely get it before then. If you don't want to wait and have a MyUPS account you can pick it up at the nearest hub starting at 10am in most locations. For an extra charge they can leave at a UPS store. 

For the college kid, you'll probably get it before 5pm unless your campus mail center is a disaster. I know during my college years, UPS Fed Ex and USPS got there before 9am and they sorted the mail by 2pm that afternoon. Just follow your regular UPS schedule. 

I doubt it. Its a new system, unless it sells poorly will their be a lot of bundles at a discount. Right now its selling very well. By 2014 Black Friday you may be able to get a bundled system at a decent price maybe. But nothing before.
the earliest/only time i can see a bundle deal for the ps4 is next years black friday.

First. Amazon has 8pm because thats when UPS driver stop making runs. You will more than likely get it before then. If you don't want to wait and have a MyUPS account you can pick it up at the nearest hub starting at 10am in most locations. For an extra charge they can leave at a UPS store.

For the college kid, you'll probably get it before 5pm unless your campus mail center is a disaster. I know during my college years, UPS Fed Ex and USPS got there before 9am and they sorted the mail by 2pm that afternoon. Just follow your regular UPS schedule.
Yeah, the UPS drivers know their runs and what order to make their stops. I have my PS4 sent to my work so I'll have it when the UPS guy delivers at 10am. They know businesses close and come to those early. When I have stuff shipped to my house, it comes around 4 because they know residences are mostly empty during the day and they have until later to deliver it.

If your mail center closes at 5, you will almost certainly have it before then.

Can't believe it's almost here. :D Late Friday morning to early Friday afternoon I will be ready for the UPS man. I'll probably answer the door before he even knocks!

I have 2 PS4 bundles pre-ordered. Do you think I should just cancel them or try to flip them on Craiglist? I have a 3 vanilla PS4's that I'm keeping one for me, one for a friend and one possibly for my brother.

I canceled mine for the same reason. Figured I would free up some cash for Christmas and give them time to get some games out. I did not order a ps3 and 6-7 months later they had the metal gear solid bundle with a larger hardrive that I picked up. Figure there will be a watchdog bundle or second son bundle in the future. Plus a lot of my friends are are just staying with bf4 and call of duty on the ps3.
The MGS4 bundle, the one I bought, came nearly 18 months after launch, just sayin'

I can't believe how whiny and entitled the current generation of gamers is.

Finding fault with a launch that has outstanding versions of four of the most dominant series in gaming over the past decade shows a mental instability nearly unmeasurable by human standards. If the system was launching with ONLY Call of Duty:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Ass Creed 4: Black Flag, and Madden 25, that would be a fantastic launch, probably the beat launch lineup of any system... ever. These are not terrible ports of old games and stupid technograbs meant to sell the system's capabilities, they're brand new (with the exception of Madden 25) games that many of us have yet to play, optimized for the latest hardware. 

If you're dumb enough to wait six months to make the leap in order to save $100 or something, you need to own the fact that you're dumb, and quit blaming the launch. The launch is excellent, and that's without discussing all the Internet apps, free to play games, and the other titles (including AAA titles like Killzone) that will be available. I know I'll get the system eventually, so what's the point exactly in denying myself the next months of awesome gaming with brand new titles I would have bought on current gen anyhow? Le sigh.

Finding fault with a launch that has outstanding versions of four of the most dominant series in gaming over the past decade shows a mental instability nearly unmeasurable by human standards. If the system was launching with ONLY Call of Duty:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Ass Creed 4: Black Flag, and Madden 25, that would be a fantastic launch, probably the beat launch lineup of any system... ever. These are not terrible ports of old games and stupid technograbs meant to sell the system's capabilities, they're brand new (with the exception of Madden 25) games that many of us have yet to play, optimized for the latest hardware.

If you're dumb enough to wait six months to make the leap in order to save $100 or something, you need to own the fact that you're dumb, and quit blaming the launch. The launch is excellent, and that's without discussing all the Internet apps, free to play games, and the other titles (including AAA titles like Killzone) that will be available. I know I'll get the system eventually, so what's the point exactly in denying myself the next months of awesome gaming with brand new titles I would have bought on current gen anyhow? Le sigh.
Well most of those are not optimized for next gen besides BF4 with 64 player count. Also online is Free on the PS3. Don't overlook this as this big to most gamers.

Hyperbole much? I just cancelled my PS4 pre-order yesterday. To each his own. It's a fine launch lineup, but just didn't feel the need for a new console at the moment. I have plenty of last gen games to keep me busy in the meantime.

"If you're dumb enough to wait six months to make the leap in order to save $100"? You might want to check the name of the site you're on numbnut.

bread's done
Back