PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I can't believe how whiny and entitled the current generation of gamers is.

Finding fault with a launch that has outstanding versions of four of the most dominant series in gaming over the past decade shows a mental instability nearly unmeasurable by human standards. If the system was launching with ONLY Call of Duty:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Ass Creed 4: Black Flag, and Madden 25, that would be a fantastic launch, probably the beat launch lineup of any system... ever. These are not terrible ports of old games and stupid technograbs meant to sell the system's capabilities, they're brand new (with the exception of Madden 25) games that many of us have yet to play, optimized for the latest hardware.

If you're dumb enough to wait six months to make the leap in order to save $100 or something, you need to own the fact that you're dumb, and quit blaming the launch. The launch is excellent, and that's without discussing all the Internet apps, free to play games, and the other titles (including AAA titles like Killzone) that will be available. I know I'll get the system eventually, so what's the point exactly in denying myself the next months of awesome gaming with brand new titles I would have bought on current gen anyhow? Le sigh.
Maybe it's because I'm knee deep in other games so rushing out to get a new system and new games to justify a new system isn't really high on my priority list. As far as internet apps, I have I'm covered by my PS3 and AppleTV.

I don't know (or care) about your financial situation, but saving $100 is a lot to most people. I'd rather take the $400 - $600 I'd spend on a PS4, games, controller, etc... and use it towards Christmas gifts for my family. Then next year when Infamous Second Son hits or when I find a deal on the PS4 I'll pick it up and hopefully save a bit of money.

If you're dumb enough to wait six months to make the leap in order to save $100 or something, you need to own the fact that you're dumb, and quit blaming the launch.
How is waiting in order to (1) save money on console and games (2) potentially acquiring a upgraded model (3) let the early adopters expose the hardware defects and firmware instabilities (4) observe the reviews of a larger collection of games that isn't all about shooters and sports (5) work on the PS3/360 backlog, in any universe, dumb?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo, another one of these clones spewing out the entitlement card. You heard others use that word on the internet so you wanted to as well. Congrats. Its almost as if any time people argue about something concerning video games you need one of these fools to jump in and call everyone out on how entitled they are.

Here is the thing, when we are spending our money on products we are entitled to our opinions on it. I think calling people dumb because they want to wait a few months until some real blockbuster titles come out sounds more whiny and childish than anything else I have read on here.

Maybe it's because I'm knee deep in other games so rushing out to get a new system and new games to justify a new system isn't really high on my priority list. As far as internet apps, I have I'm covered by my PS3 and AppleTV.

I don't know (or care) about your financial situation, but saving $100 is a lot to most people. I'd rather take the $400 - $600 I'd spend on a PS4, games, controller, etc... and use it towards Christmas gifts for my family. Then next year when Infamous Second Son hits or when I find a deal on the PS4 I'll pick it up and hopefully save a bit of money.
Yeah, I mean, the only reason I bit at launch is because a friend of mine who pre-ordered his system got a very sudden internship in DC and won't be back until the beginning of next semester. He needed the money he'd put down back so I bought it off him. I don't know what the guy is talking about saying this is a great launch. You can get practically everything on current gen consoles. Initially I was going to wait until the spring but... I guess I don't regret it too much now in light of all these PS4 game deals. But still. I don't know why people would get on someone's back for making a reasonable choice not to get a launch title.

Just cancelled my pre-order.  Too many other games to play, and I'm sure there is a surplus of PS4s lined up at the warehouse, just waiting for the launch orders to ship.

I'll wait for a promo of some type before buying.  Any promo.

so, honest question here and I would really appreciate some CAG advice/feedback.

I have a launch day PS4 preordered that is mostly paid off in Amazon credit (I have $30 left on it right now but once my last trade processes today the entire order will be paid in credit), but I'm really struggling to find a game to go with it. I had Watch Dogs preordered as my launch game so the delay is a big loss. I'm mainly interested in BF4 and Lego Marvel but I own Lego on 360 right now and $400 credit plus $60 for BF4 is an awfully expensive way to play it when I can grab it for my 360 or PS3 for $30 at Black Friday. I'm really debating just cancelling my preorder and waiting until Watch Dogs, Destiny, Infamous, etc actually hit the market.

So my question in all of this is, do you guys think theres any chance of some giftcard/game bundles in the next 6 months or so? I know a price cut wont happen so a bundle deal might be the next best bet.
Don't get BF4 for 360 or PS3, it's a port. Current gen consoles can barely run the game and still have only 24 player count compared to 64 on next gen.

Just cancelled my pre-order. Too many other games to play, and I'm sure there is a surplus of PS4s lined up at the warehouse, just waiting for the launch orders to ship.

I'll wait for a promo of some type before buying. Any promo.
I'm so tempted to do this as well. I was thinking I might just flip it, but not sure if it's worth meeting someone on craigslist to sell it

another idiot spouting the "entitled" card added to the ignore list. thats like the 3rd in the last few day. lol!

on topic: Does anyone know if live streaming will be ready at launch?

ooh nba4 is gonna be the best, u go kobe

sig.jpg

Anyone know when Amazon will charge for the PS4? I have two pre-ordered and I'm only getting one. Saving the other for a friend but he might not get it so I'll cancel. Wondering when's the last day for me to keep it up until it is charged?

well, this message just came straight from the horses mouth aka bestbuy rep regarding the availability of ps4:

We're expecting to have enough PlayStation 4s in our stores to fulfill all pre-orders at launch, and will even have limited quantities available to sell to those without pre-orders. While I'm always hesitant to use the word "guarantee," you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One-Midnight-Opening-FAQ/td-p/721719/page/23

Finding fault with a launch that has outstanding versions of four of the most dominant series in gaming over the past decade shows a mental instability nearly unmeasurable by human standards. If the system was launching with ONLY Call of Duty:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Ass Creed 4: Black Flag, and Madden 25, that would be a fantastic launch, probably the beat launch lineup of any system... ever. These are not terrible ports of old games and stupid technograbs meant to sell the system's capabilities, they're brand new (with the exception of Madden 25) games that many of us have yet to play, optimized for the latest hardware.

If you're dumb enough to wait six months to make the leap in order to save $100 or something, you need to own the fact that you're dumb, and quit blaming the launch. The launch is excellent, and that's without discussing all the Internet apps, free to play games, and the other titles (including AAA titles like Killzone) that will be available. I know I'll get the system eventually, so what's the point exactly in denying myself the next months of awesome gaming with brand new titles I would have bought on current gen anyhow? Le sigh.
call of duty is stale and bf4 has major issues and from what i have played on pc i like bf3 better and i will not judge ac4 seeing i have not played it yet.. To name those franchise as one of the best in gaming histroy is just llol and don't even get me started on madden.

Lmao, you sound like a 12yr old entitled brat that "needs" to have everything day one. most people here dont have a mommy thats dumb to spend over $700 on some entitled child like you. :)

Just cancelled my pre-order. Too many other games to play, and I'm sure there is a surplus of PS4s lined up at the warehouse, just waiting for the launch orders to ship.

I'll wait for a promo of some type before buying. Any promo.
I canceled mine too. I have over 30 games (digital & retail) that i havent played yet.

well, this message just came straight from the horses mouth aka bestbuy rep regarding the availability of ps4:

We're expecting to have enough PlayStation 4s in our stores to fulfill all pre-orders at launch, and will even have limited quantities available to sell to those without pre-orders. While I'm always hesitant to use the word "guarantee," you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One-Midnight-Opening-FAQ/td-p/721719/page/23
I got a phone call from my local Best Buy today saying my in-store (not BB.com in-store pickup!) PS4 pre-order will be ready to be picked up Thursday night. They open the doors at 9:45PM, and then let us leave with our consoles at midnight.

It's nice to finally have that concrete confirmation.

I got a phone call from my local Best Buy today saying my in-store (not BB.com in-store pickup!) PS4 pre-order will be ready to be picked up Thursday night. They open the doors at 9:45PM, and then let us leave with our consoles at midnight.

It's nice to finally have that concrete confirmation.
Watch out for sketchy people in the parking lot! This is a prime time for ripoff artists.

I'm so tempted to do this as well. I was thinking I might just flip it, but not sure if it's worth meeting someone on craigslist to sell it
trust me i tried selling on craigs list no one was making me an offer

Anyone know when Amazon will charge for the PS4? I have two pre-ordered and I'm only getting one. Saving the other for a friend but he might not get it so I'll cancel. Wondering when's the last day for me to keep it up until it is charged?
you have up to the 13th or 14th

I went to my local Gamestop today and they told me that they will get 35 PS4 extra. The list was already on #31.

Requisites to get one of those extra PS4:

Pay it full by Thursday at 5PM & get it on Midnight.

I went to my local Gamestop today and they told me that they will get 35 PS4 extra. The list was already on #31.

Requisites to get one of those extra PS4:

Pay it full by Thursday at 5PM & get it on Midnight.
Interesting. I'll have to call my local gamestops and see if this is an option.

I'm excited to see if NBA 2K actually lives up to the way it looks but a little worried about that since it said in the PS blog piece on it that it's only like 600 audio clips which isn't all that many. Little worried that it's going to quickly become as bland and repetitive as the audio stuff that they recycled across the last few years.

I'm excited to see if NBA 2K actually lives up to the way it looks but a little worried about that since it said in the PS blog piece on it that it's only like 600 audio clips which isn't all that many. Little worried that it's going to quickly become as bland and repetitive as the audio stuff that they recycled across the last few years.
Excited for it as well. But like you, it gets repetitive big time. I'm hoping it gets more and more, similar to how GTA IV and GTA V were with it's audio clips. But then again, only so much can be said in a video game.

Watch out for sketchy people in the parking lot! This is a prime time for ripoff artists.
My best advice would be to bring a friend along if possible. Unless your car is literally like a few feet away and in plain sight. I would imagine there would be a few of people trying to steal one. Of course it will be very small chances of it happening but best to be safe with a $400 hot item.

I been to a few midnight launches. No police at any whatsoever. Luckily my car was only a few feet away for all of them.

well, I made the decision today and I'm all in.  I got the 30% coupon at Target so BF4, Assassin's Creed (the pirate bit has me intrigued) and either NFS or Lego.  Bring on the next gen!

My best advice would be to bring a friend along if possible. Unless your car is literally like a few feet away and in plain sight. I would imagine there would be a few of people trying to steal one. Of course it will be very small chances of it happening but best to be safe with a $400 hot item.

I been to a few midnight launches. No police at any whatsoever. Luckily my car was only a few feet away for all of them.
it would not be surprise me to hear stories of theft/robbery of $400 ps4 consoles. i remember a few years ago, seeing news that people were getting mugged/robbed at gunpoint for those NIke foamposite galaxy penny sneakers that cost around $150 or $200 retail price.

Got my review copy of Madden today from EA, guess I'm locked into getting my console now.  Heh.  (I was locked in before, but this pretty much clinched it.)  

Now I just need to figure out when I want to show up for the midnight launch.  

two words: concealed carry.
Or you can just craft some ninja smoke bombs and if anything happens..Boom! Ninja vanish.

Anyways, I look like a hero who can smash stuff, so I don't think anyone will try to take shit from my launch party. Shit, if I see it happen to someone else, I'll throw my dagger and make the most terrifying sound in the world..The great bird KAW!! Kaw!

Or you can just craft some ninja smoke bombs and if anything happens..Boom! Ninja vanish.

Anyways, I look like a hero who can smash stuff, so I don't think anyone will try to take shit from my launch party. Shit, if I see it happen to someone else, I'll throw my dagger and make the most terrifying sound in the world..The great bird KAW!! Kaw!
yeah, lets see if you still feel that way , when someone points a gun in your face.

Went to GS to pay off my PS4, asked about a vertical stand but apparently they won't be out til DEC. Was hoping they'd be out on launch, hopefully he PS4 can stand vertically on it's own ok for now.

spongebob.jpg

bread's done
Back