PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Went to GS to pay off my PS4, asked about a vertical stand but apparently they won't be out til DEC. Was hoping they'd be out on launch, hopefully he PS4 can stand vertically on it's own ok for now.

spongebob.jpg
Huh? I'm pretty sure I saw some at my local Best Buy

Huh? I'm pretty sure I saw some at my local Best Buy

Cool, gonna have to check it out then. Thanks for the heads up.
The vertical stand at Best Buy is made by Rocketfish and is $20 compared to the Gamestop stand made by Red Samurai for $18. The PS4 Ultimate FAQ mentions that "In North America, vertical stands for PS4 will be released by partners as officially licensed program products during PS4's launch window." It later mentions a $14 MSRP vertical stand available at launch, which I have yet to see. It probably doesn't matter since it's just a piece of plastic, but I know some people care about whether things are "official" or not.

The vertical stand at Best Buy is made by Rocketfish and is $20 compared to the Gamestop stand made by Red Samurai for $18. The PS4 Ultimate FAQ mentions that "In North America, vertical stands for PS4 will be released by partners as officially licensed program products during PS4's launch window." It later mentions a $14 MSRP vertical stand available at launch, which I have yet to see. It probably doesn't matter since it's just a piece of plastic, but I know some people care about whether things are "official" or not.
what kind of visual differences are there? Is it just the price?

I don't mind if it's official or not as long as it works, I did see a cool looking one with built in usb hub and an led light that matches the ps4. Only thing is that it looks like it's not being sold in the U.S.

Edit: (this one, the 4Gamers Vertical Stand and USB Hub)
ps4_vertical_stand_and_usb_hub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i pre-ordered through walmart,com, will update when i receive the system, so far its not expected to ship until the 15th.

Does anyone know the latest that you can cancel a pre-order on a PS4 at Gamestop (in store) and get all $100 of your downpayment back? I can make it to a Gamestop on Tuesday or Wednesday before the chaos. I just need to know if I can get $100 credited back to my account.

Does anyone know the latest that you can cancel a pre-order on a PS4 at Gamestop (in store) and get all $100 of your downpayment back? I can make it to a Gamestop on Tuesday or Wednesday before the chaos. I just need to know if I can get $100 credited back to my account.

Do you still have the receipt? That is for sure, but idk if they keep payment methods in the system.

Do you still have the receipt? That is for sure, but idk if they keep payment methods in the system.
Unfortunately, I don't have the receipt. I lost it between June and November :whistle2:(

The full $100 downpayment was used with trade-in credit on my silver card, so I was hoping that they could just put $100 back on my silver powerup card?

Anyone know where I can get NBA 2k14 the cheapest during Black Friday?
B2G1 at target will net you the game for $40. (You can return the other two games.) apply this week only.

Otherwise TRU for buy 1 get 40% off another game.

Unfortunately, I don't have the receipt. I lost it between June and November :whistle2:(

The full $100 downpayment was used with trade-in credit on my silver card, so I was hoping that they could just put $100 back on my silver powerup card?
I don't understand? It shouldn't be hard at all to get the credit back. Just go say "I'd like to cancel my ps4 preorder".

I don't understand? It shouldn't be hard at all to get the credit back. Just go say "I'd like to cancel my ps4 preorder".
Exactly, all you need is somthing to identify yourself. They typically only ask me for a phone number and then ask if my name is the one on the account. Only once did they check my ID even though I would hope they'd ask for it everytime since it would suck if someone knew your phone number and wanted to eff with your preorder to get you back or something.

Exactly, all you need is somthing to identify yourself. They typically only ask me for a phone number and then ask if my name is the one on the account. Only once did they check my ID even though I would hope they'd ask for it everytime since it would suck if someone knew your phone number and wanted to eff with your preorder to get you back or something.
OK, I'll go in and do that. Thanks 4 the help, cags.

Just curious what games are you guys getting first?
Killzone, Injustice and COD: Ghosts. I wanted to get Knack but I have a feeling that is going to be super cheap in a few months or maybe even free for PS+ in 6 months. My girlfriend loves Mortal Kombat and I picked up a 2nd controller from amazons trade in $30 get $30 credit towards a DS4, so I figured Injustice would be a good multiplayer game.

Im going to get Knack, Killzone and Marvel at Amazon. ACIV at Gamestop.

I was going to try and get Need for Speed Rivals but I think that will likely drop price fast.

So, I have a PS4 (just the console, not a bundle) pre-ordered from Amazon since June. I knew that changing payment methods could affect the delivery date (launch day, because I had selected 1-day shipping), so I contacted someone via chat and he advised me not to do it, or I would risk not receiving the item on the same day as it releases.

Then, after giving feedback, someone else from Customer Service emailed me saying that I'd received incorrect information and that he was able to change the payment method to some other credit card on file without affecting the delivery date.

How confident should I be that I didn't lose my place in line? I pre-ordered it as soon as it became available on the website, don't want to mess things up now.

So, I have a PS4 (just the console, not a bundle) pre-ordered from Amazon since June. I knew that changing payment methods could affect the delivery date (launch day, because I had selected 1-day shipping), so I contacted someone via chat and he advised me not to do it, or I would risk not receiving the item on the same day as it releases.

Then, after giving feedback, someone else from Customer Service emailed me saying that I'd received incorrect information and that he was able to change the payment method to some other credit card on file without affecting the delivery date.

How confident should I be that I didn't lose my place in line? I pre-ordered it as soon as it became available on the website, don't want to mess things up now.
I changed my payment information about a month ago and it didn't affect my Launch Edition pre-order, that's about all I can give you.

I changed my payment information about a month ago and it didn't affect my Launch Edition pre-order, that's about all I can give you.
I changed payment method this morning and still have launch day delivery.
Thanks for the reassuring posts, guys. I've read way too many horror stories here on CAG about getting pushed back to the end of the line after making changes to Amazon orders, especially with hot pre-order items.

So, I bought a amazon account from a cag that had the ps4 launch edition order on it and he gave me the account and i changed the email and pw and everything. I just tried to login like 30 mins ago and it said my pw or email was incorrect. I updated my email to a different one and now i see the ps4 order and all my previous orders are all gone and it says my debit card is expired but it clearly isn't and it had money on it. What just happened? Did i get scammed, hacked or is it just a glitch on Amazon's behalf?

Ah okay, would be cool if you get it a couple days early.
I don't think my PS4 is coming early, even though it is shipped. FedEx has the package and it is just sitting there at the facility not moving for 2 days. I ordered it from the Sony Store and it seems like they have instructed FedEx to just hold it there. Package weighs 9.9 pounds by the way for those who want to know. I guess it was too good to be true, it would had been ironic if Sony themselves broke street date anyways.

I already picked up BF4 from BB, and if I can get in on the amazon sale Im going with Killzone, 2k, and either Knack or NFS if they have more stock.

I don't think my PS4 is coming early, even though it is shipped. FedEx has the package and it is just sitting there at the facility not moving for 2 days. I ordered it from the Sony Store and it seems like they have instructed FedEx to just hold it there. Package weighs 9.9 pounds by the way for those who want to know. I guess it was too good to be true, it would had been ironic if Sony themselves broke street date anyways.
Yeah, that would be pretty crazy if Sony did that. Guess you gotta wait til Friday like the rest of us. :D

So, I bought a amazon account from a cag that had the ps4 launch edition order on it and he gave me the account and i changed the email and pw and everything. I just tried to login like 30 mins ago and it said my pw or email was incorrect. I updated my email to a different one and now i see the ps4 order and all my previous orders are all gone and it says my debit card is expired but it clearly isn't and it had money on it. What just happened? Did i get scammed, hacked or is it just a glitch on Amazon's behalf?
Thats definitely not normal and if your orders are still missing I would contact CS to find out what happpend.

IGN has some reviews up!

NBA 2K is an 8.9
FIFA 14 is a 9.1

Also watched a new video from Adam sessler . He was just talking to Game stops president and he said they are sold out completely and they don't expect to get solid stock of the system until March!!!!

Sounds like you were scammed. Buying an Amazon account from someone is never a good idea. Did you check your bank to see if your money is all gone?

I hope they don't use LaserShip to send my console. They didn't bring my KillZone until 6 pm last night, and I will be waiting at home for it to come on Friday.

I hope they don't use LaserShip to send my console. They didn't bring my KillZone until 6 pm last night, and I will be waiting at home for it to come on Friday.
Wow thats late, Lasership is the exact opposite with me, they deliver packages so damn early that i trip on the boxes going out to work

my launch games:

KillZone - Huge fan of the series. Sick graphics. love the vs multiplayer

Knack - Why not support the new IP. Looks like a nice old school beat em up

Ghosts - I love the campaign in these & co op aliens looks awesome.

Did you check your debit card if your money is gone? This is a common trick on internet MMOs but I've never seen it done on Amazon.

New Amazon PSN store is a great idea.  Competition for the PSN store is a good thing. It will help keep prices down.

that seller was me and no I did not change or contact amazon to change the info. I pm'ed you the info back I'm still baffled as to why amazon would even do something like that.

Edit: wait so you changed your email and it moved your ps4 pre order to your new account? That's fucking weird if you need me to do anything more on my side let me know bro.

bread's done
Back