PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Never gotten a console from Amazon, and I am drop shipping my ps4 to a ebayer, but ive had many things basically one day shipped to me with release day delivery...
So...what are you going to do if/when they open an "item not received" case and you can't prove that you used signature confirmation?

Nothing of Mine has started shipping : / Preordered PS4 June 10 and B2G1 games Yesterday... Killzone, NFS, and Injustice...

Some of you guys already answered so I am not alone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine went from 'preparing for shipment' to 'not yet shipped' for some strange reason. Same with Killzone. But I'm not sweating it. Holy crap, what is with everyone? If you have release day delivery, it will be there Friday. There's still plenty of time to ship it. It's 8:30 AM for crap sake. Nothing of mine ever shows as shipped this early. It's always later in the day. Calm down. 

same here. Mine still says not yet shipped. I live in Pittsburgh PA. I am not really stressed since I have a back up preorder for in store pick up at bestbuy!!!

I have one more HDMI slot free but only because I never play my 360 so it's just hooked up with the regular A/V cords. I should probably rectify that at some point.
I ordered one before bed (this one) only to realize that now I had forgotten to order another HDMI cable. I might finally have a working setup come January.

... like you said... you used super saver. The people having theirs shipped now are those who have prime, or chose two day shipping and the like. You however, chose the shipping method where it usually takes two days or so... just to process. After which it will be shipped the cheapest method possible. You can expect it to ship some time on the 15th or so, and for it to arrive sometime *gasp* on the 21st...
Thank you.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts on if Costcos getting stock in on Friday?  I didn't preorder and have some money for Costco and was wondering if anyone knew. 

Trying to think of a good place to look on Friday.

We are doing a midnight launch. Were expecting people to be camping out by wensday lol. I honestly dont think Ps4's will be sold out but, I could be wrong. A lot of people have been coming in and cancelling trying to get x1's all of a sudden. If we sell all of our consoles at the midnight launch then we wont be selling any for the morning :). Were only holding ps4's for people who had previous pre order and no we are not preselling at midnight launch. First come first serve.
I gotta tell you, the xbox really intrigues me this time around - even with all the faults.

I like the idea of a multimedia center for my living room. The NFL integration and smartglass are cool and I really like the way Kinect is voice controlled. There are definitely a few games that I'd like to play that are exclusive to xbox too.

This time around I may eventually own both.

Not yet shipped! AND Knack is getting not-great reviews! PS4 RUINED. GREATNESS POSTPONED. /sarcasm
Holy crap, didn't see those sorts of scores coming. Here I had gotten myself rather excited for it now. At least I only paid $20 for it and can trade it back for a profit.

At least by these reviews it's not that the game is buggy, or controls bad or anything like that. Just that it's really, really bland and the same start to finish which is what we were talking about yesterday. Kind of surprised it got slammed so hard on scores in that case though since that sounds more like a 6 to in most of these review scales where a 4 is usually something broken, unplayable and bordering on some of the worst games out there.

All the more reason to get Lego Marvel come Friday I suppose.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts on if Costcos getting stock in on Friday? I didn't preorder and have some money for Costco and was wondering if anyone knew.

PM me a store number or location, and I can find out what's on order.

I got a cancellation email this morning from Gamestop on my PS4 I had on preorder since June.

I called yesterday to ensure my shipping, billing, and expiration date were right on my credit card.  After being on hold for 30 minutes, I was told they were all updated.

My credit card has several thousand dollars left in its limit, so I have no idea what is going on other than the guy I talked to yesterday screwed something up.  I'm on hold again but not crossing my fingers that they will fix it :(

I got a cancellation email this morning from Gamestop on my PS4 I had on preorder since June.
I called yesterday to ensure my shipping, billing, and expiration date were right on my credit card. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I was told they were all updated.

My credit card has several thousand dollars left in its limit, so I have no idea what is going on other than the guy I talked to yesterday screwed something up. I'm on hold again but not crossing my fingers that they will fix it :(
Wow! I feel for ya... Had a similar situation with newegg but that was over like 6 or 7 preordered games. The CSR was less than helpful. Mine was only games though. Not a launch day console.... Sorry man.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts on if Costcos getting stock in on Friday? I didn't preorder and have some money for Costco and was wondering if anyone knew.

gamestop! Mine has over 20 ps4 more. that's after pre orders and stock reserve

IGN reported that the free 30day plus trial is for new psn accounts only......

Kind of lame.

I guess everyone will make new PSN names?

WTF at the lower scores Killzone has been getting. I was expecting a lot of 8.5-9 scores
Yea i dont know. I bought and liked kz 2 and 3 so im not worried. I got bf4, ghosts, and shadowfall with the amazone b2g1 promo hoping odds were one out of the 3 would be good. A lot of hate for ghosts as usual and suprised at shadowfall but i dont recall killzone ever getting good reviews. Looks beautiful though. Regardless i will likely default to ghosts to do the same mindless shooting i have done since freshman year of college and when i get bored of that pop in bf4 to level some skyscrapers with a tank.

I gotta stop refreshing the amazon open order status page... This is kinda depressing :( I live fairly close to a main amazon.com warehouse in northern NJ (90 miles). I wonder if they are shipping in proximity order, to keep from having arrive before the 15th. I've had this preordered since the minute the price was announced, and the page went live, at the E3 Sony press conference on June 10...

Holy crap, didn't see those sorts of scores coming. Here I had gotten myself rather excited for it now. At least I only paid $20 for it and can trade it back for a profit.

At least by these reviews it's not that the game is buggy, or controls bad or anything like that. Just that it's really, really bland and the same start to finish which is what we were talking about yesterday. Kind of surprised it got slammed so hard on scores in that case though since that sounds more like a 6 to in most of these review scales where a 4 is usually something broken, unplayable and bordering on some of the worst games out there.

All the more reason to get Lego Marvel come Friday I suppose.
I'm actually hoping for Knack to be a kind of mindless brawl, exactly what I'm looking for out of it. those reviews do seem pretty brutal though. looks like killzone is taking it on the chin a bit too. I don't put much stock in reviews anyhow, but I am glad to see resogun getting high marks.

Wow! I feel for ya... Had a similar situation with newegg but that was over like 6 or 7 preordered games. The CSR was less than helpful. Mine was only games though. Not a launch day console.... Sorry man.
I just called my credit card company and they said no authorization or charge was even attempted on my account. So most likely the guy screwed up my cc number (which was already on my GS account, didn't need to be entered again), or screwed up royally some other way to cause my pre-order to get canceled :(

I'm actually hoping for Knack to be a kind of mindless brawl, exactly what I'm looking for out of it. those reviews do seem pretty brutal though. looks like killzone is taking it on the chin a bit too. I don't put much stock in reviews anyhow, but I am glad to see resogun getting high marks.
I'm less excited but still going to play it and hopefully my kid will enjoy watching it. I was hoping that it was holding something back that we hadn't seen in the demos yet but guess not. At least it's not like it's broken and it's more that they just found it uninteresting.

I just called my credit card company and they said no authorization or charge was even attempted on my account. So most likely the guy screwed up my cc number (which was already on my GS account, didn't need to be entered again), or screwed up royally some other way to cause my pre-order to get canceled :(
That's terrible. I would keep escalating it from supervisor to manager, etc., until you get your preorder back.

Damn Knack seems to be getting hit hard. Was kind of surprised at IGN's Killzone review it sounded like he really enjoyed it then BAM! gives it an 8.
Don't ever trust IGN. They cater to particular games and then criticize others unfairly. If it's not Call of Duty or BioShock, they'll pull down their britches and take a long, steamy mud rocket on them.

GameTrailers does an excellent job IMO. They're more detailed, provide a well balanced amount of pros and cons and give games a rating they actually deserve (most of the time, but I'm bias to a certain genre so it's likely just me).

I gotta stop refreshing the amazon open order status page... This is kinda depressing :( I live fairly close to a main amazon.com warehouse in northern NJ (90 miles). I wonder if they are shipping in proximity order, to keep from having arrive before the 15th. I've had this preordered since the minute the price was announced, and the page went live, at the E3 Sony press conference on June 10...
I live in Monmouth county NJ and ordered an hour after e3, still at not shipped. My friend who ordered 15 days later also lives in Monmouth had his status changed. I know everyones getting their system but boy do they not follow any sort of pattern.

What is people's deals with reviews!  IGN says it all the time, anything above a 7 is good!!!!!  9-10 is reserved for masterpieces!  We are seeing more of them now because we were at the end of a life cycle for a console, so the games were pushing the system!  I mean an 8 on a launch exclusive is pretty darn good!  Not to mention the sports games are getting great reviews.  Seems this launch is going to be one of the better ones as far as quality.  Knack isn't doing well, but I expected that...

As for the whiners complaining their console hasn't shipped, Amazon may end up doing overnight shipping on Prime orders to make sure systems aren't arriving early!  I have had Prime release day delivery do that, if it's Friday morning and it hasn't shipped then panic.  Let's all calm down, if you did release day delivery, prime, then relax!!

I live in Monmouth county NJ and ordered an hour after e3, still at not shipped. My friend who ordered 15 days later also lives in Monmouth had his status changed. I know everyones getting their system but boy do they not follow any sort of pattern.
Thanks for the info. I was beginning to get a little worried. You are much closer than me to the hub so I guess there is no rhyme or reason based on what you say. Bummer...

As for the whiners complaining their console hasn't shipped, Amazon may end up doing overnight shipping on Prime orders to make sure systems aren't arriving early! I have had Prime release day delivery do that, if it's Friday morning and it hasn't shipped then panic. Let's all calm down, if you did release day delivery, prime, then relax!!
I DO have amazon prime so maybe that's it. As for calling us whiners? I think people have a legitimate cause for concern when orders taken much later ie.) bundles, are shipping so much sooner.

Do you guys know for the PS$ Bundles on Amazon will they include the 1 year ps+ membership in the box or have the code emailed to ?you? 

Everyone who did the online in store preorder with bestbuy, make sure you have the funds in your account or else it will get cancelled. I remember people last year losing out on Wii U's.

I DO have amazon prime so maybe that's it. As for calling us whiners? I think people have a legitimate cause for concern when orders taken much later ie.) bundles, are shipping so much sooner.
Some people live close to fullfilment centers, some don't live anywhere near them! So some may take a whole two days, some may only take a day. If they shipped everyones the same day people would get the console early and Amazon would be in trouble. I don't see how people don't get that! There are literally people refreshing their pages over and over again, just show a little patience, and if Friday morning it hasn't updated or even Thursday night if you really are impatient and call Amazon. I mean if Amazon messes up and we don't get our consoles on time, no big deal you'll get a partial refund and wait maybe a day! I guess I am just a patient person who has waited 4 years for this and would be fine with one more day.

I'm in South Jersey - about the same distance away. I'm thinking that since I usually get things the next day, they are waiting to send it later this afternoon or tomorrow. The people who are currently shipping probably live farther from warehouses.

Some people live close to fullfilment centers, some don't live anywhere near them! So some may take a whole two days, some may only take a day. If they shipped everyones the same day people would get the console early and Amazon would be in trouble. I don't see how people don't get that! There are literally people refreshing their pages over and over again, just show a little patience, and if Friday morning it hasn't updated or even Thursday night if you really are impatient and call Amazon. I mean if Amazon messes up and we don't get our consoles on time, no big deal you'll get a partial refund and wait maybe a day! I guess I am just a patient person who has waited 4 years for this and would be fine with one more day.
Thank you for your 2 cents o wise one.... I guess I now know what the "A" and mountaintop on your pic stand for. ;)

bread's done
Back