PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

SquareTrade is also a good place to get your warranties. I usually get 30% coupon codes sent to my email every few days from them so I could share those if anyone wanted one. Right now I have some codes worth 20% but obviously not as good as 30%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.

But accidental is the way to go. She told me that if your USB port fails, it will not be covered by the regular one, just the accidental one for example. I don't know why
I'm assuming the USB ports are a part of the motherboard. They probably have to basically give you a new console. My USB ports never failed on my other consoles.

SquareTrade is also a good place to get your warranties. I usually get 30% coupon codes sent to my email every few days from them so I could share those if anyone wanted one. Right now I have some codes worth 20% but obviously not as good as 30%.
Didn't I have an arguement with you in some other thread about SquareTrade like a year ago? My main problem with them is that if there are multiple failures over 4 years they won't necessarily keep repairing it while Sony will

Yeah.

But accidental is the way to go. She told me that if your USB port fails, it will not be covered by the regular one, just the accidental one for example. I don't know why
Presumably because most USB issues come about when stuff gets unplugged too roughly over and over or excess pressure is put on it when something is plugged in and it breaks the connection over time.

I'm assuming the USB ports are a part of the motherboard. They probably have to basically give you a new console. My USB ports never failed on my other consoles.

Didn't I have an arguement with you in some other thread about SquareTrade like a year ago? My main problem with them is that if there are multiple failures over 4 years they won't necessarily keep repairing it while Sony will
SquareTrade doesn't repair consoles? They just give you the money to buy a new one.

Edit: Maybe they did at one point, now I believe they just give you the money.

I worked with BB Gee squad. On consoles we would just replace them and be done, then your warranty was done. Too expensive to fix. If it was the first year though we send it off to Sony

I haven't seen that listed in their terms...where does it say that?
I spoke with a rep about my monitor that told me they would just pay me if it happens to break. Looking at the page, I guess they might try to fix it, and if that doesn't work, then they'll just pay you. On a side-note, you shouldn't use SquareTrade if you don't have your console yet as people have been reporting having trouble with preorder plans (they'll try to start your plan from the moment you buy it, not when you have your system).

my amazon release date pre-order has not shipped has me worried

i see the pending charge on Discover but am concerned why it has not shipped

my amazon release date pre-order has not shipped has me worried

i see the pending charge on Discover but am concerned why it has not shipped
Please tell us how worried you are, I need to know the details and did you feel like crying?
Be concerned if it's not shipped by 5pm.

My Amazon preorder (made on 6/10) finally went to Preparing for Shipment this morning. I have gotten things overnight even with the 2-day prime before (Knack came next day) which is probably why they held off. If yours still says not yet shipped - I bet it is due to location and their ability to ship it to you by the 15th.

I spoke with a rep about my monitor that told me they would just pay me if it happens to break. Looking at the page, I guess they might try to fix it, and if that doesn't work, then they'll just pay you. On a side-note, you shouldn't use SquareTrade if you don't have your console yet as people have been reporting having trouble with preorder plans (they'll try to start your plan from the moment you buy it, not when you have your system).
I do think that SquareTrade would probably be fine for 2 years. If you do a 4 year warranty with them then I think it's not a good deal. That's a long time and they'll not replace the console more than once.

Also something to keep in mind, some credit cards DOUBLE the manufacturer warranty on items purchased with them. So people might already have a 2 year warranty.

YES.

My in-store bestbuy order is also ready for pick-up.

Should I cancel my amazon order (it is "shipping now") or should I wait until I physically get the system at bstbuy to make sure they don't f$#% up??

what do you guys think?

Davi

YES.

My in-store bestbuy order is also ready for pick-up.

Should I cancel my amazon order (it is "shipping now") or should I wait until I physically get the system at bstbuy to make sure they don't f$#% up??

what do you guys think?

Davi
Keep both, if anything, you won't have to worry about finding a buyer.

How long do I have to buy the SONY warranty? Can I get it anytime within the first year?
Sony accidental 2 year warranty extension must be purchased within 30 days of purchasing the console and takes affect after your normal 1 year warranty ends. I am not sure about the non accidental warranty package however.

My PS4 shipped from TN this morning. I was hoping they would mail the b2g1 games with it since I don't have prime anymore but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Both my consoles are good to go!  First one shipped last night, and I just checked this morning and the other one is in shipping now status!!!  It is finally upon us!  Everyonee, don't worry until at least 5 today.  If you are close enough to a facility they will just overnight it.  They don't want people getting it early!

Got the email about an hour ago that my Best Buy order will be ready for pickup tomorrow. Got an email about a half hour ago that my Target order shipped, and my Amazon order went to Preparing for shipment this morning for delivery tomorrow. I wanted to cancel 2 if them but I didn't want to get screwed not having a system on launch. Guess I will either return or sell them. I have the same setup for the XBox One next week. I have to see what I want to do.

Should I be worried? My PS4 "shipped", but my shipping status hasn't moved since it shipped.
Nope it takes a while for UPS to have an update when it is first shipped, give it a little while. However when did it show shipped? If it was yesterday or today then no worries.

Nope it takes a while for UPS to have an update when it is first shipped, give it a little while. However when did it show shipped? If it was yesterday or today then no worries.
It has been on Your package has left Amazon facility and is in transit for 12 hours, which is what worried me. I mean, normally I wouldn't care that much, but I don't want this thing being delayed. ><

It has been on Your package has left Amazon facility and is in transit for 12 hours, which is what worried me. I mean, normally I wouldn't care that much, but I don't want this thing being delayed. ><
Your fine, give it till this afternoon... Mine is same way, shipped at 8 and still says on its way to carrier..

Just noticed both of Injustice and NBA 2k14 have enetered into shipping now, maybe I will get both on Monday?!?!?!? :)

Should have no problem selling the extra console, especially if you don't want a profit.  Check with coworkers or friends. I was going to cancel my PS4 preorder, but now I'm flipping it to a a coworker who waited too late to preorder. 

Got the email about an hour ago that my Best Buy order will be ready for pickup tomorrow. Got an email about a half hour ago that my Target order shipped, and my Amazon order went to Preparing for shipment this morning for delivery tomorrow. I wanted to cancel 2 if them but I didn't want to get screwed not having a system on launch. Guess I will either return or sell them. I have the same setup for the XBox One next week. I have to see what I want to do.
Target and Best Buy can be returned to retail outlets (even if ordered online and shipped to home). Those would be the ones I returned...because typically the Amazon return process takes a little bit longer.

Or you could just list them on CL and sell 'em.

Excited AC 4 will be here today and Killzone will be here tomorrow as well as my PS4, but upset about NFS. Talked to CS and waiting to hear back. My NFS order still says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Target and Best Buy can be returned to retail outlets (even if ordered online and shipped to home). Those would be the ones I returned...because typically the Amazon return process takes a little bit longer.

Or you could just list them on CL and sell 'em.
Yeah. That's exactly why I kept them. I'm trying to keep the target one because of the 5% red card discount, but at least it can be returned. That plus I am an elite plus member at best buy made my decision easier to keep all of the preorders open.

Excited AC 4 will be here today and Killzone will be here tomorrow as well as my PS4, but upset about NFS. Talked to CS and waiting to hear back. My NFS order still says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."
I had the same message for awhile (ordered with a freebie game code on Sunday, didn't get an update til early this morning). Eventually it updated with "Arrival by November 19th", and it is now being prepped for shipment.

I wouldn't worry too much...I'd guess you may see it as early as next week.

BTW, my preference in terms of warranties is not to pay for any and instead call them and yell at the CSR until they give you a free out of warranty repair. I've done it twice with Xbox 360's and once with my Wii. Also I did it with some car repair work.
Do you think you are entitled to free repairs of stuff?

Ordered mine at walmart.com got at my house an hour ago see if can get out early of work have also one reserved at store but won't have to go at midnight now go get first thing

Ugh now I am worried. Amazon status still show "not yet shipped" and I have a launch console with release date delivery. Called in and customer service said they are having quantity issues. I straight up asked "so I may not get my console tomorrow?" And they said that is a possibility. FML lol I hope they give me some credit or something for the inconvenience.

bread's done
Back