PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I think everyone should wait on buying the PS4 in store so they can fix the problems that seem to be occurring.
So I can get one tomorrow!
according to sony they think it's a small issue with a small group of systems. But did you expect no problems? every electronic item has issues at launch. When you buy a game system at launch you are pretty much a beta tester and should expect issues.

Luckily I remembered two days ago that I had my old address on my order since it was placed before I moved.  That really would've sucked if my PS4 got delivered to the wrong place or just got canceled altogether due to incorrect billing address.

Mine says Shipping Soon right now.  I have Prime and have been using 2-day but all this week Amazon has been giving me "overnight ups saver" shipping, but waiting a day to ship it (so its still 2 day shipping).  

I foresee lots of returned ps4's in the future.  Even ps3 was easy to find on launch week, best buy had a stack of them on launch month.  Those buying multiple in the hopes of making a profit is in a rude awaking.  400+ system in this economy is a pretty tough sell especially with no real exclusives.

Are there any stores that will let you put a reserve down on a system today once they sort out how many extras they have available?  Or are the only options camp out somewhere for midnight or get to stores early tomorrow?

I foresee lots of returned ps4's in the future. Even ps3 was easy to find on launch week, best buy had a stack of them on launch month. Those buying multiple in the hopes of making a profit is in a rude awaking. 400+ system in this economy is a pretty tough sell especially with no real exclusives.
Well people are still worried they may not find one, and even the ceos of Best Buy and Gamestop have said they don't forsee them being easy to get until March. I sold my extra one for 560. Is there room for a lot of profit, not really, but you can make a couple hundred bucks.

Are there any stores that will let you put a reserve down on a system today once they sort out how many extras they have available? Or are the only options camp out somewhere for midnight or get to stores early tomorrow?
Your only option is to camp, preorders are over, now it is first come first serve

Well people are still worried they may not find one, and even the ceos of Best Buy and Gamestop have said they don't forsee them being easy to get until March. I sold my extra one for 560. Is there room for a lot of profit, not really, but you can make a couple hundred bucks.
it could be true or it could be those companys are trying to get people to wait in line so they make profit on the extra system they have for launch. Sony and ms both said they are doing everything they can to make sure these things are seen in stores after launch.

Your only option is to camp, preorders are over, now it is first come first serve
I would call your local GS. The should know how many they have by now and the ones around here were planning to give out numbers earlier in the day so that people didn't have to wait all day and could come back and line up around 11PM. Don't know if they'll tell you how many extra they have but they should at least be able to tell you if and when they plan to do it so you can get an idea of if it's worth your time or not.

I think my PS4 issue at BB is fixed. They said pre auth stopped in August for an unknown reason. They reran the card and it worked so it seems. No idea why it stopped.

Interesting, I ordered the PS4 back at E3 from Amazon, and bought AC4, Lego Marvel, and Need For Speed from them this week on the B2G1 deal.  Yesterday, they shipped Lego Marvel and the PS4 in the same shipment (they shipped AC4 on Tuesday, and are delaying NfS).  Right now, my console seems to be in Kentucky.  One more day....

I foresee lots of returned ps4's in the future. Even ps3 was easy to find on launch week, best buy had a stack of them on launch month. Those buying multiple in the hopes of making a profit is in a rude awaking. 400+ system in this economy is a pretty tough sell especially with no real exclusives.
It's possible they will be hard to find.

However, have you EVER seen a system that was hard to find after Christmas? Maybe the wii. Maybe. I remember getting one a few months after they came out, just walked in and they had gotten a shipment at GS. I found out they were still super hard to find.

Then I remember seeing a ps3 and 360 everywhere right after Christmas.

For those who picked up NFS:Rivals and got a "we have no clue when it will ship" type message...I ordered mine, and it just shipped.  Estimated Arrival on Saturday via Fedex Smartpost (ewww).

However, have you EVER seen a system that was hard to find after Christmas? Maybe the wii. Maybe. I remember getting one a few months after they came out, just walked in and they had gotten a shipment at GS. I found out they were still super hard to find.

No, I remember getting my 360 in Febuary and they were still hard to find until almost March! The last gen launches were bad as far as shipments... This launch they have way more stock, so yes after Christmas it will probably be easier to find.

Mine from BB (West Coast / Cal) is still in Payment Validated stage, not even at Preparing Order, I will give them a call around11am after BB opens on the West Coast.

Anyone in PST in the Preparing Order or Ready for Pick-up stage yet?

mine just went to shipping now  :D/

I also bought killzone and fifa on sunday with the B1G1 promotion and they have still yet to ship, the fifa page shows out of stock and i have yet to receive any kind of update from amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wii, that was awful. Working at BBY during that dark period it was at least the next Christmas before we had this available every day.

For those who picked up NFS:Rivals and got a "we have no clue when it will ship" type message...I ordered mine, and it just shipped. Estimated Arrival on Saturday via Fedex Smartpost (ewww).
Well that's a lot better than Tuesday if it shows up Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
well get used to it amazon and usps signed a giant deal. usps now will delevery amazon only packages on sundays and trials start some time this month in bigger cites. Seems like ups soon will not be major shipper of amazon product.
See, I hate FedEx Smartpost because our letter carrier is inefficient, unpredictable, and, on a relatively regular basis, mis-delivers our mail. And, quite frankly, while our carrier is set up to do things like single games....they couldn't do something, say, the size of the PS4...given the size of their delivery truck. It would end up being held at our local post office for pickup...which would really cheese me off.

UPS never, ever, ever has done that, and our driver basically shows up the same time every day (around 2 PM). And, during the holidays, I typically see 2 to 3 trucks through our neighborhood making deliveries.

I also hate that I can't track it as well as I can via UPS.

bread's done
Back