PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

aeneas3 - yes!

Kenshindono said:
I keep hearing about Resogun i guess i better look into it.
Resogun is very slick looking (and running). It is a twin-stick space shooter that plays out on a cylinder (so you can go around in a circle and get back to where you were. It is great but I just suck at it - couldn't clear the first boss. I may have to bump it down to "easy".

Blaster man said:
So, for those that have played a game, how do they look compared to current gen?
Well, Resogun looks amazing. And so does Contrast which has a great art style. It is hard to say that either blows you away as "next gen", though, simply because of the types of games they are. I should be getting NBA 2K14 soon and supposedly that is the one to show it.

Rohsiph said:
7 hours later . . . PSN downloads are going super slow, but almost have AC4 and Warframe finished.
Really? Like I said earlier, not too long after midnight Pacific I was able to download Resogun (400+ MB) and Contrast (700+ MB) in mere minutes. I also got Flower in just a few minutes. Since that went so fast I downloaded Warframe while I played those games and it finished pretty quickly as well.

I was really impressed that the speed was so fast on Sony's end.

Also, I just discovered the NBA Game Time app a few minutes ago. I got to watch the highlights of the Warriors game which I totally forgot to watch. So this will be a great way my son and I can watch more in-depth game highlights in HD (vs. on ESPN which we do not have in HD - that's the cheapass in me ;)). I don't know if this has been available on 360 or any other device, but it works quick and smooth on the PS4.

Also, PS4 is whisper quiet - can't hear it at all. My Slim PS3 with a replacement HD is much louder. Though of course neither is as bad as my original Xbox 360 Elite which sounded like a jet when playing disc-based games.

Anyway, sunk 4 hours into my PS4 (giving it some stress testing right off the bat to make sure there are no hardware issues - yeah, that's the ticket!) Time for sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Resogun looks amazing. And so does Contrast which has a great art style. It is hard to either blows you away as "next gen" simply because of the types of games they are. I should be getting NBA 2K14 soon and supposedly that is the one to show it.

Also, PS4 is whisper quiet - can't hear it at all. My Slim PS3 with a replacement HD is much louder. Though of course neither is as bad as my original Xbox 360 Elite which sounded like a jet when playing disc-based games.
Thanks for the info GRAMPS! I say this tongue in cheek since I"m in my mid 30's and am an "old man" too. I cancelled my order a couple months ago and decided to wait for a while. Either until there's some kind of price cut or a bundle. I'm hoping that the second son bundle that leaked will be available in the US in 4 months. Also, none of the disk based games really got me that interested (I wanted Watch Dogs).

How hot does it run?

Found this on my twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/401335914506760192

Blaster man said:
How hot does it run?
I have mine laying down but crammed in between my upright Wii U and my Slim PS3 - like less than an inch between them. I just checked it right now and it was not really hot at all - and it's been on for over 4 hours. There was some heat coming out of the back (fan blows that way) but the top and sides were pretty cool. So, yeah, keep the back of it clear for ventilation I guess. But it is not bad at all considering the relatively small size, the power it packs, and the internal power supply.

I was going to put it upright but apparently the console stands are not available yet. But I might just leave it like it is.

I just put it in standby mode and plugged the controller in to get it fully charged (though it came about 2/3 charged). I have that second one from Amazon that I'll have to charge up tomorrow morning in preparation for playing Knack with my kids. According to the box that is 2-player coop so I'm glad I got the second controller for $30 from Amazon (using trade-in promo).

are u guys enjoying your systems for those who picked theirs up last night? hope so!

I'm liking it. My only problem is when it comes to AC4 & BF4 I did the whole PS3 Disc $10 to Digital PS4 Upgrade and neither is done yet. I managed to download enough to play the first level of the BF4 campaign but thats about it and the one game I do have a disc copy of (COD Ghosts) is broken thanks to the latest patch. It's affecting a lot of people. The game crashes at the title screen, you can't do anything, not even single player.

Resogun is pretty fun and action packed. Yet to play Contrast or any F2P games.

As for the UI it's super fast and so is sharing and streaming to Twitch. So, yeah, the PS4 is a fast, powerhouse. I just need to wait for Infinity Ward to fix COD and my downloads to finish.

And I have to say good god Battlefield 4 looks beautiful. I played some of the campaign on PS3 yesterday and in comparison it's so obvious.

I'm liking it. My only problem is when it comes to AC4 & BF4 I did the whole PS3 Disc $10 to Digital PS4 Upgrade and neither is done yet. I managed to download enough to play the first level of the BF4 campaign but thats about it and the one game I do have a disc copy of (COD Ghosts) is broken thanks to the latest patch. It's affecting a lot of people. The game crashes at the title screen, you can't do anything, not even single player.

As for the UI it's super fast and so is sharing and streaming to Twitch. So, yeah, the PS4 is a fast, powerhouse. I just need to wait for Infinity Ward to fix COD and my downloads to finish.

And I have to say good god Battlefield 4 looks beautiful. I played some of the campaign on PS3 yesterday and in comparison it's so obvious.
If it's like the PS3 at all, you should be able to go in and delete the patch.

Well FML..

Manager @ Kmart told me last night they wouldn't get any in until sometime this afternoon likely. So I call the store 15 mins after they open and the woman tells me they have some but they are selling. I get there and they JUST sold the last one.

Day late and a dollar short as usual.

Ah well I'll get one next year maybe. No need of trying any more stores until at least after the holidays.

If it's like the PS3 at all, you should be able to go in and delete the patch.
Oh, I can and that can get me the campaign but I was more so wanting to do MP. It seems like it's affecting people who got the game digitally and on disc then there are some people it's not affecting at all. I've even completely reinstalled the patch about three times now.

Have you tried to share a video clip yet? If so, how has that worked out? One of the things I want to see if I can do is share a video clip to my PS4 friends without having to put it on Facebook, but I don't know if that is the case. I might have to make a PS4 facebook page seperate from my regular page.

Picked up my PS4 from my UPS distribution center.  Noticed about 5 other boxes the same size from Amazon prime.  I loaded the firmware onto a USB already to save some time and its going through the update process now.

I went into WM to pick up a few things and did not spot any PS4's at all in the glass or behind the counters.

Does it really NEED a stand to go vertical?  Or does the stand just add some stability?

Basically, is it "tippy" (*ducks*, knowing this could set off another "wobblegate")?

I have no stand, but my plan is to put it vertical out of the box.

Does it really NEED a stand to go vertical? Or does the stand just add some stability?

Basically, is it "tippy" (*ducks*, knowing this could set off another "wobblegate")?

I have no stand, but my plan is to put it vertical out of the box.
Well last year there were tons of reports of the Wii U selling out but when I went to my TRU that Sunday at around 11AM they had a bunch in stock. I wonder if these reports of PS4 sold out are true or not?

Picked up my PS4 from my UPS distribution center. Noticed about 5 other boxes the same size from Amazon prime.
Wish I would have realized this was an option last night. Mine's already on the truck and out for delivery. Now I just wait and hope I get it before 8pm.

I'm pre-ordering from a local store with a midnight launch for the next console releases. My schedule has me up all night most of the time and sleeping during the day. That tax savings led me to Amazon but now I wish I would have gotten it from Gamestop.

Worried for nothing. Amazon shipped late last night and it is already out for delivery this morning. NFS Rivals dinged my credit card but no news on that shipping. Was hoping to get it for launch but with six other games I guess there'll be plenty to do this weekend.

Edit: anyone know how to check if a signature is required? UPS ground usually doesn't but saw something on here saying someone had to sign.

Personally I couldn't care less about BF4.. and killzone i still havent played the other 3 despite owning them.

Knack looks amusing. Someone whos played it told me its like ratchet and clank, which i love, but i dont see it being worth 60 bucks. Id imagine it will drop in price very soon, and i'll probably get it then.. which still leaves me with nothing to play now o_O

I really wish you could play PSN games you already own at least. ANy word on why we cant? Is it a technical thing, or just sony being dicks?

Thats cool?

Well, B2G1 free makes Knack easier to swallow. While I strongly believe it will be a PS Plus title, I still think it looks quite enjoyable.

They RADICALLY changed the architecture, which caused things like this to happen.

My Wal-Mart had 13 extra. Got in line about 7 15 as that's when it started to fill up. Ended up being number 8 to get my system. A lot of people got turned away trying to wait until the last minute. I think it was worth it lol.

Had a moment of weakness at around 12:30 am and ordered a ps4 from Amazon. I had a pre-order earlier and ended up selling it (it was the BF4 bundle). I am just not really wanting to play any of the launch games right now. Not sure if I should cancel the order or not.

So, for those that have played a game, how do they look compared to current gen?

There really is a noticeable difference. The games look amazing to me. I have call of duty ghost and NBA 2k14 and I was thoroughly impressed.

Worried for nothing. Amazon shipped late last night and it is already out for delivery this morning. NFS Rivals dinged my credit card but no news on that shipping. Was hoping to get it for launch but with six other games I guess there'll be plenty to do this weekend.

Edit: anyone know how to check if a signature is required? UPS ground usually doesn't but saw something on here saying someone had to sign.
Usually more expensive items require a signature. I think USPS might require anything over 250. UPS might be similar. I'm sure its somewhere on their website.

Can anyone recommend me a game for ps4? I'm thinking Injustice but I can't justify a game that I could have bought for my ps3/360. I kinda want a game that shows off the consoles power but I doubt anything out there right now will be a significant difference from ps3.

Have around $500 in my paypal account. Didn't preorder it.Deciding if should wait or try to find one somewhere that takes paypal.

Just want to note, the PS3 Slim (not talking super slim) fits exactly ontop of the PS4. The PS4 is about literally the same size as the PS3 slim.
Thanks for this. I was planning on keeping my PS3 ontop of my PS4 since the PS3 slim has that awkward curved top. Good to hear it fits well.

ya i downloaded the system update last night on my pc so that i could avoid the super slow speeds when everyone gets their machine today :p now ill just install it from usb was around 890 mb.. but didnt get ps4 yet..soooo ill do later tonight btw those asking when ups comes..its variable ive gotten packages at 8 am in the morning and packages at 9 pm at night ...and some in between that... so u pretty much wait around all day for them if its an imp package like the ps4 hahaha :)

Didn't see much people lining up last night, maybe it was because of the cold weather. But a crap ton of them showed up this morning when I was trying to hunt down a copy of Need For Speed Rivals before heading to pick up my package at UPS.

btw i know this is a dumb question or maybe not.. and i know il find out for myself in a few hours but is the gameplay/graphics a whole lot better on ps4 now that u guys have seen it for yourself instead of youtube videos etc...??

I wonder how many consoles they sold at launch? I assume thy fulfilled the 1 million preorders and hadore for people in line. So maybe 1.5-2 million sales day one?

Waiting for UPS to show up.....No clue if it needs a sig required.

No reason to wait to get a new console imo.

Price drops wont be happening anytime soon, And target buy2get1 free games is great.

Even if all the games suck you can sell them for around what you paid for them(40per)

Didn't see much people lining up last night, maybe it was because of the cold weather. But a crap ton of them showed up this morning when I was trying to hunt down a copy of Need For Speed Rivals before heading to pick up my package at UPS.
Define a crap ton. Like 10?

You must have pretty low self-esteem to constantly take the time to post snide remarks and put other people down all over this site. I pity you.
I don't see how he was putting you down... it is a fact, it is hard to ask about download speeds when it has already been announced that the traffic crashed the PSN. Give it a few days or weeks before we can really ask how the download speeds are.

Price drops wont be happening anytime soon, And target buy2get1 free games is great.
Even if all the games suck you can sell them for around what you paid for them(40per)
My reason was because the game lineup. Hope the infamous bundle makes it here.

You must have pretty low self-esteem to constantly take the time to post snide remarks and put other people down all over this site. I pity you.
If you don't like my comments, then just ignore me like everyone else.

I don't see how he was putting you down... it is a fact, it is hard to ask about download speeds when it has already been announced that the traffic crashed the PSN. Give it a few days or weeks before we can really ask how the download speeds are.
I don't see how someone could not realize this. I mean, look at what happened when the Obamacare website went up or when Apple releases a big new firmware or OS. I remember my brother spent 18 hours trying to download iOS 7 the day it released... this isn't the time to care or think about how fast the download times are. If anything, they're going to be significantly worse than anything on the PlayStation 3 on a normal day.

Console will most likely get cheaper, games will be too next year. Hardware defects and firmware glitches will be exposed and hopefully fixed. A larger pool of games to choose from. Get some time to work on three digit backlogs. Maybe patiently observe the announcement of a newer model.

bread's done
Back