PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Same here. I check that site too and it says 1am Saturday. So I think the time is off.

My tracking hasn't updated since it left California last night. Fedex tracking still says it's coming today, but I tried packagetrackr.com and that said delivery for tomorrow. That can't be right, I don't think standard overnight has Saturday delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that so many people are posting their problems, just here on CAG is very telling though. I believe that the equipment problem rate will be higher than that. That said, this sucks, I hope whoever does have any problem gets the issue(s) fixed.
Even with as many people that have been posting... they said what that they probably sold a million... I mean how many people are complaingin on here... 10 maybe? I mean total no idea what the number is? If my math is correct .4 of a million is 4000 people.... of course 10-20 would use these boards and post it. Not to mention like someone else posted, the only people you are going to hear from are people with issues. It is not like everyone who didn't have a problem would post just to say that!

Does anyone know how the Amazon pre-order process works in regards to shipping? I had a prime membership when I pre-ordered the PS4, but it has since ran out, and now I'm just basic. I thought I would still get the free release date delivery but I looked at amazon and it says my expected delivery date isn't until next week Friday. That kinda sucks.

I'm probably going to be buying an Xbox One thru work (since I can get it for 25% off) instead so it's not a big deal but I was planning on selling the PS4 (at cost) to a family member who wasn't lucky enough to find one today. Kind of a bummer.

360 & it's HD-DVD player take up the top shelf of my TV stand, though I need to get a new power strip as I had to unplug my HD-DVD drive to have a spot for the PS4 power cord.
Holy shit you still have the 360's HD DVD player and it's still hooked up? I almost forgot about those things.

I just recently got network problems. Not sure if PSN is taking a beating or I need to restart my router. 

The pains of being an early adopter.

The PS4 is much larger than I expected. I really don't like the design, as it is going to make it hard for me to place in my setup. Played a lot of NBA 2k14 early this morning and no problems. Check out my funny Larry Bird pic in my sig. Some of the player models are laughably bad.

Watching some dude streaming NBA2k14 it is working really good.

Getting my game later today.

Those damn light reflections on the court are annoying though..... hoping we can turn those lights off.

Yeah but I don't want to pay MSRP. I have a boatload of the "25% of gaming accessory" coupons from Target and TRU is running the Buy 3 $59.99 games or accessories and get a $50 gift card.

If I buy it from GS what do I get? 600 points?
Are there any methods to getting the 25% off accessory coupon or is it random?

Watching some dude streaming NBA2k14 it is working really good.

Getting my game later today.

Those damn light reflections on the court are annoying though..... hoping we can turn those lights off.
You can't. After playing 2k14 on PS3 a lot, playing the PS4 version feels kind of off. Gameplay doesn't seem as fluid and the passing seems off, like a little delayed from when you hit the button. I also don't care for passing to guys on the run, since it never seems to hit them in stride. They have to slow up to catch the ball. Takes away from the fluid fast breaks.

Are there any methods to getting the 25% off accessory coupon or is it random?
I have been trying to get this information as well for a week.

Someone last week said he figured out how to get all the different coupons, including the accessory one, and posted a photo of tons of them. But never replied with how to get one.

I grabbed one at Target and ordered one at Amazon, will I be able to return the PS4 I ordered from Amazon to Target with no issues? Or do they check serial no.?

Will be picking up my PS4 later today after work and all this problems is getting me worried. If you do get a DOA console can't you just bring back to where you bought it and get a different one if they some in stock or do you have to contact Sony? Technically it's still under the return window right?

If you guys are buying it in store don't forget to use your AMEX.  Most cards should offer the 1 year extended warranty on top of the manufacturer warranty as a free service.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, unless you care about accidental coverage paying for warranty through other means is wasteful. 

I called last night and confirmed with the AMEX rep that my Costco AMEX card will give me a 2nd year of warranty coverage for my PS4 purchase.

I grabbed one at Target and ordered one at Amazon, will I be able to return the PS4 I ordered from Amazon to Target with no issues? Or do they check serial no.?
Serial numbers are usually printed on receipts for B&M retailers. I personally know that Target does this at least - so no your idea will fail.

UPS ninjas slipped in and delivered mine this morning. They left by the front door and I never heard the truck come by not did they ring the doorbell. Still have not hooked it up yet and I'm dreading it after hearing about so many failed systems. Sony not have a QC division?

UPS ninjas slipped in and delivered mine this morning. They left by the front door and I never heard the truck come by not did they ring the doorbell. Still have not hooked it up yet and I'm dreading it after hearing about so many failed systems. Sony not have a QC division?
I am sure QC is amazing when your paying workers 10 cents of the dollar an hour. :p

I received my system early this morning and so far I have had no issues *knock on wood*.  I have tried out Killzone (gorgeous game and good multiplayer), Need for Speed and Knack.  I also updated the system using USB through safe mode.  Remote play is very nice on the Vita.

A few things I have noticed and some personal notes:

I used my existing power cable and HDMI cable

You currently can not pause downloads BUT if you lose connection to the internet it "Pauses" it where you left off at and you can resume it at your leisure

Great news for everyone who ordered the PS4 Launch Edition from Amazon :)

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.03 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!"

Yayyy!

Still waiting on the ps quad, should be here shortly.

Was at LordVila house earlier and my god does KZ look great and the remote play was crazy good when we tried it out.

Good thing this USA Scotland match is on to keep you occupied...

Edit:

Also not sure why LordVila didnt mention but if you update via usb give it a min. It will shut off a couple of times and reboot and you will think its broke, just be patient. When it was done on his system there was NO video indicating anything, just the blue light blinking then some white light blinking I think before a solid white light.

I'll be moving my 360 out of the way to make room for PS4 but I'm not sure what I'm going to do when One releases. Still some games I want to play on PS3/WiiU in the near future and I really only have room for 3 consoles in my setup. Of course I'll still be playing certain things on PC as well.
I unplugged my 360 to plug in my PS4 but it's still there on the shelf...

best part for me, I'm going away until tomorrow night with my wife to celebrate our anniversary with our annual trip... get to get home, but the box in the living room and leave... :(  Oh well, one more day won't hurt!

Feel free to virtually punch me in the face for a question that has probably been asked a million times, but has anyone tried to redeem the 30 days to plus on an already existing plus account. I am too excited to play Contrast to sift through the thread. 

Feel free to virtually punch me in the face for a question that has probably been asked a million times, but has anyone tried to redeem the 30 days to plus on an already existing plus account. I am too excited to play Contrast to sift through the thread.
I'm tried but the 1 month code and 7 day code keep coming up as an error for me.

Nope they don't. now if you don't have plus at all, I guess if you dot he 30 day trial first then a year it will.

Nope they don't. now if you don't have plus at all, I guess if you dot he 30 day trial first then a year it will.
This.

sony confirmed that the 30 day trial etc wont stack onto current ps+. They suggested giving it to a friend to try out the service. Kinda silly but it is what it is.

bread's done
Back