PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

best part for me, I'm going away until tomorrow night with my wife to celebrate our anniversary with our annual trip... get to get home, but the box in the living room and leave... :( Oh well, one more day won't hurt!
I'm married too, and i'm sure you'll have more fun tonight with her than you would with the ps4 ;)

Mine works out of the box. . . yay! It does the wobbly thing, but you have to really push on it to do it. I wish I had time to play with it today, but sadly I have other obligations. Hope everyone else has success!

My Xbox 360 headphones are the same way.  My Tv does not have Rca input on it, most HDtvs don't unlike what the guy said above.  They are going the way of the Dodo.  I had to buy an adapter that went directly into the 360 in order to get audio.  not sure when or if the PS4 or Xbox One will come out with adapters.  Right now your only choice is the controller or blue tooth

I think the Ear Force DSS or DSS2 would be an option for you to get a headset working for audio. it will allow you to use the optical from the system to your headset, while still using hdmi to your tv

almost 4pm my time and still nothing... work day down the drain for nothing..Glad i preordered xb1 in store...gladly pay the tax to have the entire day to enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've tried rearranging everything at least three times now and oh how I could use another inch or two. Or another shelf. It's a two shelf setup and I had the cable box, modem and headphone receiver on the top shelf; WiiU and super slim PS3 on the bottom. The PS4 fits with maybe a half inch to spare next to the cable box but it's putting off a lot of heat and hasn't been "on" in at least a day. Little too close for comfort on that one. The PS3 is about an inch too wide and doesn't fit next to the cable box. It's also an inch too wide to sit next to the PS4. Meanwhile the TV stand is too wide and holds the TV too low to place anything on top of the TV stand except the WiiU and that would solves nothing.

Anyone tried setting up the slim PS3 on top of the PS4? Would it cause it to overheat? I'm running out of room @.@
I would feel a little anxious all the time doing that personally. Even if it was perfectly fine it would bring on whole new levels of crazy.

My Xbox 360 headphones are the same way. My Tv does not have Rca input on it, most HDtvs don't unlike what the guy said above. They are going the way of the Dodo. I had to buy an adapter that went directly into the 360 in order to get audio. not sure when or if the PS4 or Xbox One will come out with adapters. Right now your only choice is the controller or blue tooth
Hmm, I should look to see if my TV has an RCA output because that might work if it did? This is becoming a nightmare getting this thing set up,

Wait, people really use stereo headsets to game with?

Yes, it's the only way I can game with the audio above 2 when the three year old is sleeping or feel comfortable playing something like GTA.

Well I got lucky, did the drop ship on ebay for a luanch console to someone, and they just received it and says it is working great! good feedback and money in the bank!  Helped pay off a game and ps plus!  Excited to get home to my system... work is dragging

So I've tried rearranging everything at least three times now and oh how I could use another inch or two. Or another shelf. It's a two shelf setup and I had the cable box, modem and headphone receiver on the top shelf; WiiU and super slim PS3 on the bottom. The PS4 fits with maybe a half inch to spare next to the cable box but it's putting off a lot of heat and hasn't been "on" in at least a day. Little too close for comfort on that one. The PS3 is about an inch too wide and doesn't fit next to the cable box. It's also an inch too wide to sit next to the PS4. Meanwhile the TV stand is too wide and holds the TV too low to place anything on top of the TV stand except the WiiU and that would solves nothing.

I would feel a little anxious all the time doing that personally. Even if it was perfectly fine it would bring on whole new levels of crazy.

Hmm, I should look to see if my TV has an RCA output because that might work if it did? This is becoming a nightmare getting this thing set up,

Yes, it's the only way I can game with the audio above 2 when the three year old is sleeping or feel comfortable playing something like GTA.
What? I can hear my daughter fine with Dolby.

I also don't know whether to install 1.5 or not.  Are the issues that bad?  I'd really like to do remote play but I would also like to be able to play non-crashy games as well.

I also don't know whether to install 1.5 or not. Are the issues that bad? I'd really like to do remote play but I would also like to be able to play non-crashy games as well.
My system has been on since like 10am with zero issues even after installing 1.50 from a USB. I'm thinking some of the issues are coming from people getting impatient and turning off the system during the firmware update and corrupting something.

Got mine at 11am from Amazon and its been on ever since. Works like a dream. I'm never removing the HDMI cable from the back, though. lol

Set everything up, downloaded the update and all is well. I was super nervous during that process though haha. Trittons work too, playing some Killzone now.

Played some Call of Duty with my Brother. I really like using the PS4 Controller, it's nice finally trying it out on a game because it really comes together. Had to sign in to my own Account though because we couldn't play online if I was a guest, not a huge deal though because the UI was really slick through the process. I also have to admit using the Onscreen keyboard, was really easy.

Same here. waiting for the delivery guy. UPS should do GPS tracking in addition to the normal standard tracking. Atlease they'll give us an idea of when to expect delivery.

My tracking hasn't updated since it left California last night. Fedex tracking still says it's coming today, but I tried packagetrackr.com and that said delivery for tomorrow. That can't be right, I don't think standard overnight has Saturday delivery.
I believe Fedex delivers on Sat. and doesn't on Monday.

Set everything up, downloaded the update and all is well. I was super nervous during that process though haha. Trittons work too, playing some Killzone now.
Please post some thoughts on Killzone when you get a chance, especially if you play Multiplayer. I'm interested to hear how it is from someone other than a reviewer.

Is there a way to just have them leave it at the the center or w.e so that I could of just picked it up somewhere?

Never plan on waiting all day again for something like this

Why OT today? Many of them are already working OT. UPS has a new system that now loads the drivers down with more stops per day. These poor guys are getting slammed, so cut them a break.
Totally understand.. not blaming drivers.. but I just think there should be more trucks out on big delivery dates.. this being one of them.

Is there a way to just have them leave it at the the center or w.e so that I could of just picked it up somewhere?

Maybe if you checked the website you could have figured it out yourself, you could have had your package held for will call.

I gave up and stuck it next to the cable box.  Going to fret about that constantly.  Interestingly my USB drive that's pretty standard in size wouldn't fit between the "slabs" and when I went to system update it said it already had it downloaded which was weird.

I think with UPS You can get them to have it delivered to their Facility and you can pick it up yourself. But that might be a premium MyChoice option not sure.

Just got my PS4 set up.  Installed firmware 1.5 and everything seems to be working fine.  PSN seems to be down though, so I can't login.  The flashing white light just seems to mean its setting something up as it was doing that when I was doing the first time setup.  But since I can't log into psn, I'm gonna give it a few hours.  Back to law school applications!

Well I got lucky, did the drop ship on ebay for a luanch console to someone, and they just received it and says it is working great! good feedback and money in the bank! Helped pay off a game and ps plus! Excited to get home to my system... work is dragging
Nice. I got lucky and sold my backup pre-order locally to some girl who wanted one for her BF's birthday in 6 days. Made $100 profit. I count that towards the PS4 cost that I'm keeping. Couple that with RZ certs and GCs, I only paid $260 for my PS4.

Were you a Prime Member and has your status changed since then? I would complain especially since people who ordered last night (Like me) are getting ours Saturday or Sunday depending on location.

yep, have been a prime ember for the longest. My status says it's left the facility but on ups's end it says a label has been created and is ready to be picked up. So in all honesty I might not even get one at all. Completely sucks!

Just got my PS4 set up. Installed firmware 1.5 and everything seems to be working fine. PSN seems to be down though, so I can't login. The flashing white light just seems to mean its setting something up as it was doing that when I was doing the first time setup. But since I can't log into psn, I'm gonna give it a few hours. Back to law school applications!
Poor, poor decision.

bread's done
Back