PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Nice. I got lucky and sold my backup pre-order locally to some girl who wanted one for her BF's birthday in 6 days. Made $100 profit. I count that towards the PS4 cost that I'm keeping. Couple that with RZ certs and GCs, I only paid $260 for my PS4.
I made $100 as well and it covered my $499 bundle at Amazon for the difference. I only spent $310 out of my own pocket for the PS4, PS Plus, and 6 games!

Maybe you didn't choose the "2 day" (release day) delivery, which costs $8 extra?

what!?! There was an option like that? Crap I just figured it was guaranteed if you were prime. Sucks to be me lol

Please post some thoughts on Killzone when you get a chance, especially if you play Multiplayer. I'm interested to hear how it is from someone other than a reviewer.
I havent played multi yet, Imma jump into that later when my buds get home from work. So far Im liking the SP, the gameplay is not groundbreaking, but still very solid. AI can be hit or miss though. The visuals however are seriously amazing, game looks gorgeous.

Totally understand.. not blaming drivers.. but I just think there should be more trucks out on big delivery dates.. this being one of them.
lol.... wtf? How old are you 12? The one and only time I've seen UPS do anything extra over a release was when the final Harry Potter book came out, they asked drivers to work on Saturday to try and alleviate some of volume. I couldn't believe how nerded out some people got over the book when I was delivering them.

Sweet my playstation 4 up and working smoothly now. Recovered my ps3 account and been playing most the day now Call of Duty multiplayer, Battlefield multiplayer and going to try Killzone next.
Add me on PSN
Outlaw420247

lol.... wtf? How old are you 12? The one and only time I've seen UPS do anything extra over a release was when the final Harry Potter book came out, they asked drivers to work on Saturday to try and alleviate some of volume. I couldn't believe how nerded out some people got over the book when I was delivering them.
12? really? lol..

Im your average guy that is just a lil frustrated to not be playing right now. that is all.

i understand that im bitchin a bit.. but can you blame me or anyone else for that matter... its perfectly normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all those who set it up with no HDMI issues, are you using the supplied cable or your own?
I used the ps4 one but it does not seem to be the problem with the cables. As someone said above its some metal sticking up in the wrong place. Just look at the hdmi slot before you jam a cable in there.

Any opinions/experience on sony's warranty plan being sold in the psn? Covers accidental and all. Thinking of buying it because of all these issues. Thanks guys

Has anyone been able to sign into PSN? I enter my PSN details it keeps saying Please Wait. Anyone else having this issue? I was able to DL the patch fine.

Kinda bummed out about not being able to get the ps3 to ps4 digital version of Battlefield 4 until Nov 29th

Cool, thanks everyone. Just the usual opening night jitters. I'll give the port a good once over before i stick it in. Mine just arrived. Won't set up til later. Does this thing put off a lot of heat? Still debating putting it in a roomy cabinet (with a back) or vertical on top of the tv stand.

12? really? lol..

Im your average guy that is just a lil frustrated to not be playing right now. that is all.

i understand that im bitchin a bit.. but can you blame me or anyone else for that matter... its perfectly normal.
I'm a UPS driver so I get a little annoyed, I'm waiting for mine too. He should be here with in the next hour and half. I'm just waiting for him to get here so I can leave, having cell phone issues that need some resolving!

To set up a will call is easy and my choice is crap, to get the extra services it requires you to pay for a sub and the charges don't stop there for even more extra services.

The website tells you you can set up a will call after the first attempt but if you call 1-800-pick-ups and have the tracking available they can help you out.

I gave up and stuck it next to the cable box. Going to fret about that constantly. Interestingly my USB drive that's pretty standard in size wouldn't fit between the "slabs" and when I went to system update it said it already had it downloaded which was weird.
I was worried about that. I have a couple pretty thick USB drives, but figured Sony wouldn't have overlooked something so simple.

Guys, I have a major problem with my PS4. :( I've said this before, but I have a sub account that I was using as my main. Why? Back when I first got the system, I was still under age. I decided to be truthful and enter my own age. Little did I know being truthful would bite me in the butt, 5 years later. Why did Sony not allow something so simple?

So here I am, with my new PS4, trying to decide what account to use:

Sub

Pros:

Already have trophies that I've been collecting over the years. Over 400.

Already have tons of friends that I play with under this account.

Cons:

Can't use Plus membership (have to switch to master account to download Plus games)

Can't broadcast gameplay on Twitch or Ustream (really, Sony?)

Master

Pros:

No more switching back from master to sub

Broadcasting ability. YAY!

Cons:

Have to start from the beginning with trophies

Have to PM all my friends, from my sub account, to add them on master

I just need some advice of what you guys would do. I haven't played much of my games, because I didn't want to have to restart with the other account if I picked it. Thanks. :D

What is? Law school? I know the job market isn't too good right now, but it's what really interests me.
Yeah, law school. I hope you're getting most of it paid for, then. The market is garbage and I don't see it getting better in 3-4 years. I always advise against going to law school nowadays, but to each is own. Good luck to you.

Guys, I have a major problem with my PS4. :( I've said this before, but I have a sub account that I was using as my main. Why? Back when I first got the system, I was still under age. I decided to be truthful and enter my own age. Little did I know being truthful would bite me in the butt, 5 years later. Why did Sony not allow something so simple?

Sub

Pros:

Already have trophies that I've been collecting over the years. Over 300.

Cons:

Can't use Plus membership (have to switch to master account to download Plus games)

Master

Pros:

Cons:

I just need some advice of what you guys would do. I haven't played much of my games, because I didn't want to have to restart with the other account if I picked it. Thanks. :D
I would say start over... it might be nice starting from scratch on your trophies for the next gen, unless you love your trophies and worked super hard for them. Just seems like more of a conveniance to make a new one then just losing friends and trophies...

Sub

Pros:

Cons:

Master

Pros:

Cons:

Just make a new account. 300 trophies is nothing (no offense).

Sub

Pros:

Already have tons of friends that I play with under this account.

Cons:

Master

Pros:

Cons:

start over. 300 trophies isn't a lot. If i was in this situation with my 3000 trophies, I would not start over.

Has anyone been able to sign into PSN? I enter my PSN details it keeps saying Please Wait. Anyone else having this issue? I was able to DL the patch fine.
Same here. Patch went on quick. I used supplied HDMI cable and was careful. Just sitting on the "Please Wait" trying to sign into PSN.

Those of you that signed in did you let it sit at that screen or cancel and try again?

Same here. Patch went on quick. I used supplied HDMI cable and was careful. Just sitting on the "Please Wait" trying to sign into PSN.

Those of you that signed in did you let it sit at that screen or cancel and try again?
Sat for 30, cancelled, tried again, got on in 3 minutes.

I was getting mine set up at 7am this morning and had the same issue, I just pressed O and backed out 3 times, the 4th attempt it took off. No issues after that except it froze and had to pull the power cord to power it down. (was using remote play, starting up warframe)

Mine says the PSN is undergoing maintenance.

Got my system setup. I really like the UI. My update ran quick and I downloaded Resogun and Contact. Played first two chapters of Killzone. Its OK so far, graphics look great but game play is pretty dull so far. I like the systems looks and size

bread's done
Back