PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I have a question for people that got a PS3 at launch. Was PSN acting up for the PS3?
my friend got it at launch and it was unable to connect forever, not to mention the game he was bragging about at launch never materialized, and I'm not talking about ff7

TwistedShade said:
Anyone get this promotion in their boxes? Been spending the whole day trying to remember where I saw you get 10$ PSN with a PS4 at.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/
Holy crap - I totally glossed over that last night. I saw the PS+ offer for new members and the music thing and just dismissed it as junk that didn't apply to me. But yeah, there is that $10 thing. I'm assuming it just applies to your balance. I'll have to give it some time with the PSN issues - I should have done it last night when everything was working great.

Got all my stuff downloaded. Bought flower with that $5 Amazon promo and snagged all the free stuff. Just trying to decide on a game to spend my $20 in PSN credit on. Looking at Trine 2. Downloaded it to try it out. Not sure if I'll purchase or not. Side note, all the video apps have captions now! I like that. Anyway, feel free to add me everyone - rockstarnati. Got Killzone now and NBA 2K14 coming soon.

EDIT: Also glad to see I could use the PS Plus 30 day trial. Was afraid it was only for people completely new to plus. But it works if you had plus before but don't currently. It just doesn't stack with the 7 day trials. I can't use the Music Unlimited trial though as I'm already a member.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PS4 I ordered on June 10th with prime didn't come today. 

Edit: Mine was scanned! Coming Monday. Hopefully it works and the PSN works well by then.

I have no picture loss, so I assume I have no hdmi problems. The update downloaded fine and the first game I played installed fine as well, so I'm figuring my HDD is okay too.

Only problem for me so far is I can't connect to psn. I wonder why that's still an issue.

Yea same here I can't use the 30 day trials for both Music Unlimited or PS Plus since Im a member. The games look nice. BF4 surprisingly looks better than Killzone and I was expecting the other way around. I am enjoying using Music Unlimited in the background while playing games. 

if you can only get one game, and you don't have friends buying cod or bf, i would.
I hear ya. I dunno what to get. Pretty burnt out with COD though. I haven't done the ps3 to ps4 digital upgrade for BF4 yet. Just want something fun and different instead of the same o stuff we see with all the shooters.

Well, have everything updated and up and running smoothly so it looks like I actually escaped the initial run of issues. I usually always get them. As such, looking for some new PS4 friends for MP and item trades from stuff like Knack.

Have the following games for PS4 :

AC 4

Battlefield 4

CoD Ghosts

Knack

Madden 25

NBA 2k14

Killzone

Will be picking up NFS and Lego Marvel soon as well since I still have some gift cards to spare.

Will also be playing Warframe and Blacklight since I have been playing both for a while on PC anyway and will most likely take a look at DCU again just too see how its changed from the old days.

PSN ID : QuantamPulse

If anyone has trouble launching resogun(like I did), put the system in standby and wake it back up. I had no issues getting back online, and Resogun played right off the bat.

If it's anything, I looked all over my area and could not find any. I just want to switch my XBONE for a PS4 plus $100. Even trade if you'd asked me.
Good luck, but I really don't see anyone doing that right now... especially with having to pay another $100 along with trading the system.

Is anyone having issues with scratching? The smooth black top has a billion scratches already. I laid my contoller down for a moment and there was a deep one set in.

If anyone has trouble launching resogun(like I did), put the system in standby and wake it back up. I had no issues getting back online, and Resogun played right off the bat.

Good luck, but I really don't see anyone doing that right now... especially with having to pay another $100 along with trading the system.

How not? It's an even trade.

I think pretty much all retailers now record the serial number of the system. Best Buy and Wal-Mart do.
The Sony store doesn't (oddly).

Called around pretty much every retailer that sold PS4's in my urban area and they were all sold out within the first hour of opening. This launch sales wise will be really huge.

If you guys are looking to buy one at retail, try the Sony store if you have one locally. My store had a lot but at this point they are requiring customers to buy either one of the following bundled versions for sale (unless you had preordered a basic Launch model):

1. Launch + extra DS4 + Knack

2. Launch + extra DS4 + Killzone

Not sure if it's a nationwide restriction but an interesting note at my local store was that they said their console sales were final and were not going to accept a standard return on them. They marked it with a "Final Sale" stamp.

Well it looks like my system is even more fuck ed than I originally thought. NONE of the ports on my system work. The controller cannot pair when plugged into either USB. No picture via the HDMI (the pins are fine and the cable has a nice snug fit). The system does not even have the ability to boot into safe mode. After about an hour of troubleshooting with a CS manager (very nice guy), they are having me send my system in. They are not able to expedite anything beyond a request to have the return box sent to me within 24 hours instead of 3-5 business days. For the troubles they gave me a $10 voucher. Not really much I can do about it unless Amazon miraculously gets more "Launch Editions" in stock for purchase. Oh well.....

Guys how do I update the application? Trying to play BF4 and everytime I get into it, it says I need to update it to use the network features. 

Guys how do I update the application? Trying to play BF4 and everytime I get into it, it says I need to update it to use the network features.
Its doing it in the background. Go to Nofications and look for downloads. It should be there. Thats how I found out that CoD was updating.

Anyone else unable to log in to their Origin account on NFS? It's only giving me the option to create a new account...

bread's done
Back