PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Well it looks like my system is even more fuck ed than I originally thought. NONE of the ports on my system work. The controller cannot pair when plugged into either USB. No picture via the HDMI (the pins are fine and the cable has a nice snug fit). The system does not even have the ability to boot into safe mode. After about an hour of troubleshooting with a CS manager (very nice guy), they are having me send my system in. They are not able to expedite anything beyond a request to have the return box sent to me within 24 hours instead of 3-5 business days. For the troubles they gave me a $10 voucher. Not really much I can do about it unless Amazon miraculously gets more "Launch Editions" in stock for purchase. Oh well.....
That really sucks man, hopefully you can get a replacement sooner then later.

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Deader2818. Feel free to add me guys!

I got Knack, Killzone, ACIV and Lego Marvel so far. Might get Battlefield 4 later to give it a try.

That really sucks man, hopefully you can get a replacement sooner then later.
He said it will likely be about 2 weeks (minimum) before I get it back. The CS end sounded like a madhouse with people chiming in and trying to help each other. They seem to have been blindsided by all of this and are doing their best to accommodate people as much as possible. I am hoping that Sony formally addresses the issue and the process for replacements of PS4 systems get a different treatment. Currently they have to treat all repair/replacement request under the typically protocol which is in the ballpark of 2-4 weeks.

Feel free to add me on PSN

I have AC4, BF4 & KZ. Plus all the PS+ games of course

ID is mcnasty09

And yes I know that name is horrible but I made it in 2006 when I was 15. I really hope they can patch in changing your name later on lol.

will have to say after all of the reports of busted systems shocked anyone is selling anymore.. worried about the one i sold.
Why? Its brand new still in the box from Amazon and if there was an issue I'd help with a return/refund from Amazon. The risk is just the shipping cost. I feel like the % of busted systems is pretty low actually if you look at how many systems they sold.

So good. So so good. A lot better than what most expect, definitely the best of the Lego series ahead of LOTR. Playing as a mini-lego Iron Man makes you feel quite manly.
Can you play online? I haven't played a Lego videogame in many many years, so I'm curious what all you do in them now.

Why? Its brand new still in the box from Amazon and if there was an issue I'd help with a return/refund from Amazon. The risk is just the shipping cost. I feel like the % of busted systems is pretty low actually if you look at how many systems they sold.
figure it out though. you would be out some major cash unless the buyer helps

You get the system ship from amazon to you FREE

you ship the system from you to buyer 24 bucks

Buyer ships the system back to you 24 bucks

so your going to be out 48+ if the system is messed up. I got one from amazon and was going to ship it to the buyer and was told on amazon chat if i would ship it to the buyer my account would be banned for dropshipping

If buyer goes through eBay protection, then eBay will immediately refund the buyer, and more than likely, bill you for the return cost on your account. So you are out of time and shipping cost. And, even if the buyer ships the console back, say, without the controller, then there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. They are not going to ship it back to you, unless they are really nice people.

Not to mention a potential negative feedback, which in itself may cost you quite a lot if you sell on eBay often.

It all depends on how reasonable is the buyer. A lot of buyers buy on EBay as a risk free way to get a working console without having to do the manufacturing repairs.

OK I must be stupid.

1) My Mic is plugged in, I can see that I'm talking but I don't hear anyone. Is it not plugged in right?

2) Everytime I try to broadcast, it gives me an error message saying the connection was lost.

3) How do you invite someone to like a Conquest online match on BF4?

Is there a way to turn off the microphone on the Playstation camera?  When I'm playing Battlefield and Call of Duty everyone can here me even though I do not want them to.  I have not found an option that lets me turn this off.

figure it out though. you would be out some major cash unless the buyer helps

You get the system ship from amazon to you FREE

you ship the system from you to buyer 24 bucks

Buyer ships the system back to you 24 bucks

so your going to be out 48+ if the system is messed up. I got one from amazon and was going to ship it to the buyer and was told on amazon chat if i would ship it to the buyer my account would be banned for dropshipping
That would be on the buyer. I'd make it clear what I am selling and make it clear also that the buyer pays for the shipping (all shipping costs). People know the risks of dealing on CAG. I would make things clear and if they don't agree I'm not going to risk losing any money when I can just sell it at cost in a second on Craigslist. I'd rather get it to a CAG who can't find one though.

Granted you can just get one of Amazon as of now.

If buyer goes through eBay protection, then eBay will immediately refund the buyer, and more than likely, bill you for the return cost on your account. So you are out of time and shipping cost. And, even if the buyer ships the console back, say, without the controller, then there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. They are not going to ship it back to you, unless they are really nice people.

Not to mention a potential negative feedback, which in itself may cost you quite a lot if you sell on eBay often.

It all depends on how reasonable is the buyer. A lot of buyers buy on EBay as a risk free way to get a working console without having to do the manufacturing repairs.
I wouldn't be selling it on ebay, just directly to a CAG. I would never risk selling a PS4 on ebay, even if they amount of scammers isn't that large.

Hooked up PS4, spent about 1 min looking at stuff, went to do the firmware update and the thing was already at 79% downloading by itself in the background. Confirmed it, PS4 turned off and on and it installed. Whole process took literally 3 minutes. Was surprised how well the share feature works for being able to watch other people's broadcasts.

No problems with PSN. Works fine. I think I got some sort of error doing something but no problem. Downloaded some apps and games. Everything is so friggin fast and crisp. Amazing! My question is if I have a 720P tv should I set the PS4 to 720P?

Hooked up PS4, spent about 1 min looking at stuff, went to do the firmware update and the thing was already at 79% downloading by itself in the background. Confirmed it, PS4 turned off and on and it installed. Whole process took literally 3 minutes.

No problems with PSN. Works fine. I think I got some sort of error doing something but no problem. Downloaded some apps and games. Everything is so friggin fast and crisp. Amazing! My question is if I have a 720P tv should I set the PS4 to 720P?
yeah because your TV won't support anything higher

called ebay about this and they said they have got a lot of reports on this .. if the seller wants to return it EBAY will eat the return shipping up to 15 bucks. BUT then i go what if they just ship back an empty box and the dude goes well then your shit out of luck LOL....

i had problems in the past Ebay never helps but paypal always does

Is there a way to turn off the microphone on the Playstation camera? When I'm playing Battlefield and Call of Duty everyone can here me even though I do not want them to. I have not found an option that lets me turn this off.
check under settings, sound settings, or device settings. I believe it was one of those.

My paraplegic friend can't adapt to the ps4 controller (only mobility of thumb and index fingers), he's returning his.

2 friends have blue light of death. Returning theirs and waiting until next year to order when there is a complete fresh batch.

My order was never shipped from amazon and neither ups nor amazon have a clue where the package is (it's been saying electronic info received)...

On behalf of my friends and I; 

fuck you Sony. fuck you amazon (that one is just from me b/c they fucked up my shipping).

Awesome. Amazon currently has some of the PS4 Launch Bundles (the ones with games/ps plus) and no "Launch Editions". I called see why I cannot get a replacement when they clearly PS4 systems in stock (just in bundles). They tell me they cannot replace my item because they must have an identical item in stock. So I have to wait for the "Launch Edition" to come back in stock before they will replace it. Such BS!

Count me with the DoA PS4. It just blinks. I checked the HDMI and put it in slowly and the pins seem fine, I also tried my ps3 hdmi which didn't output any video either, and when I put it back into my ps3 works perfectly. Also tried the safe mode trick and removing HD and wouldn't even go into safe mode. I'm not really angry to tell the truth just disappointed. I never buy consoles at launch...got the PS3 when it was slim, same for ps2 and psone and also the 3DS xl. I took a chance this generation and have this. Currently waiting on customer support...maybe might get a way for it to get fixed...who knows. I'm just kind of apathetic to it....never been an early adopter, and this happens...figures...oh well. Give me luck guys on my getting it replaced or quite possibly just a refund from Amazon. 

Awesome. Amazon currently has some of the PS4 Launch Bundles (the ones with games/ps plus) and no "Launch Editions". I called see why I cannot get a replacement when they clearly PS4 systems in stock (just in bundles). They tell me they cannot replace my item because they must have an identical item in stock. So I have to wait for the "Launch Edition" to come back in stock before they will replace it. Such BS!
cant you return it and grab a bundle ?

I just finished setting mine up, very easy except PSN being down, reading all the complaints had me worried.

But like they say, complainers are always the loudest and are usually the small minority.

1080P from PS4 will work on my TV. I'm guessing if PS4 is set at 1080 the TV scales the image down? And it might be better to just output at 720P.
Correct. You can output it to 1080, but won't make a difference on your set. My TV in the den is only 720. I took over the 1080p set in the living room for the weekend :)

Does any wired headset works If I connect to the dualshock 4?? I have a wii u one that might work. If does not, which one will work?? The headset included by sony is crap

Does any wired headset works If I connect to the dualshock 4?? I have a wii u one that might work. If does not, which one will work?? The headset included by sony is crap
I think only the Official PS4 headsets will work for now. Supposedly we're supposed to be getting a patch that will add support for PS3 Headsets.

I think only the Official PS4 headsets will work for now. Supposedly we're supposed to be getting a patch that will add support for PS3 Headsets.

I thought thay the patch is if you want to use wireless ?

Count me with the DoA PS4. It just blinks. I checked the HDMI and put it in slowly and the pins seem fine, I also tried my ps3 hdmi which didn't output any video either, and when I put it back into my ps3 works perfectly. Also tried the safe mode trick and removing HD and wouldn't even go into safe mode. I'm not really angry to tell the truth just disappointed. I never buy consoles at launch...got the PS3 when it was slim, same for ps2 and psone and also the 3DS xl. I took a chance this generation and have this. Currently waiting on customer support...maybe might get a way for it to get fixed...who knows. I'm just kind of apathetic to it....never been an early adopter, and this happens...figures...oh well. Give me luck guys on my getting it replaced or quite possibly just a refund from Amazon.
Your issues sound a lot like mine. I cannot get into safe mode at all. If I hold down the power for 7 seconds, I dont get the second beep. Holding it until I hear that second beep just turns it off. Try syncing your controller and see if it will even do that. I tried both USB ports and all it does is blink 6 times and turn off. I spent well over an hour working with a Sony CS manager and we came to the consensus that only the power jack was functional on my unit. The only options I have is to send it to them or send it to Amazon.

cant you return it and grab a bundle ?
I paid in credit so they cant refund that back until after they receive it. If I did not pay in credit that is what I would have done.

I saw someone recently say, maybe it was IGN, that any wired headset works because it's a standard wired connection.

Well I got screwed out of my PS4. I had one preordered with best buy for store pickup and got an e-mail yesterday that there was an issue with a payment on it. I called and they had my old credit card that got stolen so I changed it to my new credit card and everything was suppose to be good to pick it up still. If there was a problem with the order I should get another e-mail. I never got an e-mail again. I go today to pick it up and was told that there was still an issue with the payment processing even though I fixed it yesterday and they didn't hold one back for me and gave it to someone that was waiting at midnight that didn't have a preorder. I had this lined up to sell to someone for $650 in my local area from craigslist so I lost out on about $250 and they still couldn't get me a system. Since this error was completely on their end I asked what are you guys going to do for this. I drove there to pick it up, was told that things were fine on the phone, and am losing out on a lot of money. I am told that they can't do anything at all for me but hold one for me the next time they get a shipment. This was a major mistake on best buys part. So after all of this I was told to call best buy online since they processed the payment. They tried blaming it on my credit card not processing. So after arguing with the best buy online telling them that I called my credit card company and they said they weren't even showing a pending charge on my credit card for best buy and it wasn' them I had them read to me the last four digits of my credit card. It turns out the person I spoke with yesterday at best buy never processed the new credit card I gave them and that is why I didn't get a system and still they don't do anything. I am an elite plus member that spends quite a bit of money with them and they can't do anything for me for a major mistake on their part that caused me to lose many hours of my time and $250. I think best buy is officially banned for me now.

finally got my ps4 around 8:40. dammit. wasted an entire day for this thing. 

BTW, it didn't require signature.  hopefully those that sells via dropshipped from amazon don't get screw.

bread's done
Back