PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Of course part of the problem is that I'm trying to do a chapter without using the yellow crystal power attacks (for a trophy) and so it all has to be via combat.
I didn't even realize that was a trophy until it popped up,on my screen. I realized quickly how long it takes to power them back up, so I just stopped using them lol. Basically they are my hail mary pass. Since I didn't use them to much in the beginning of the game, I usually find other ways, even if I die several times. Just makes me more determined :D

Microsoft had a smaller preorder window than Sony. The fact that they cut off the preorders should be an indication of their initial supply run. Sony releasing in more markets and having publicly started they will do everything they can to fulfill demand are just more indicators they will have a greater supply. Obviously MS will seek to stock the shelves like Sony by the end of the year, but as for launch weekend the point is that the demand is looking like it will exceed the supply.
FIF also mentioned delayed production. I follow you now. Thanks.

The link is where the preorder numbers come in. Xbox One only had a set number available, where as PS4 was seemingly limitless.
I only recall the GameStop pre-order ratio of PS4 vs. XB1

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I got the NFS rivals and is AMAZING. Great gameplay, really fun. It looks like hot pursuit, which is the best NFS in my opinion.

The graphics are also amazing. Not really different compared to Forza (which I played the demo).

Did the Burnout guys make this one too?
80 percent of Ghost is made up of Criterion staff, so kinda.

In my opinion, this game is okay. I really think Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted (and every other Criterion game) are far better. Rivals just seems like a retread of Hot Pursuit. I'd give it a 7.9.

I'm hoping the Crew will be a lot better.

Exactly if I was Japanese I'd be pissed Sony was holding back the Japanese launch because they know they already have their money.

According a Sony rep I met in best buy a couple years ago, most sony products released in Japan are not made in china, they are actually made in Japan.

If this is true, the batch of PS4 they will get is gonna be much different than ours...

Went and traded that POS Ghosts and picked up NFS Rivals. Send me a friend request if you haven't already.

Guys, I got the NFS rivals and is AMAZING. Great gameplay, really fun. It looks like hot pursuit, which is the best NFS in my opinion.

The graphics are also amazing. Not really different compared to Forza (which I played the demo).
I would say NFS Underground is the best and what kept the series around.

I finally got around to playing all my games (Assassin's Creed IV, Killzone and NBA 2k14). 2K14 is the best by a mile. A ton of fun and it looks great. Killzone isn't half bad either, awesome graphics.   

I was really hoping I could get that during Target's B2G1 but it never came in stock here :(

Those of you that have Rivals, are you able to sign in? I keep trying to go to online play, but it keeps saying I have to be signed into the PSN and Origin network. It just keeps taking me back to single player.

I am signed into the PSN. Maybe it's a issue with EA and Origin?

Has anyone tried different headsets with the PS4 controller?  These Turtle Beach N11's I got for the WiiU work but have the same low max volume that they do on the WiiU.  Didn't know if a different headset might work better or not.

I can't get it to give me the option to sign in to Origin. I just get an option to create a new account. I spent three hours talking to Origin's CS and they escalated my claim so... maybe someday I can play multiplayer.

Has anyone tried different headsets with the PS4 controller? These Turtle Beach N11's I got for the WiiU work but have the same low max volume that they do on the WiiU. Didn't know if a different headset might work better or not.
my black ops 2 xrays work fine, actually seem a little louder than on ps3

Depends on how widespread the issue turns out to be. Although I think your SKU needs to be in stock at Amazon to do an exchange? I think you can get refund without it in stock though. So refund or exchange and possibly get another broken model from Amazon or send it to Sony and get it refurbished. Not sure if you would have to pay shipping. If it were me I'd get refund from Amazon or exchange with Amazon. If it happened the 2nd time I'd either get refund and wait or get it refurbished.
Took the system to the Sony store. I will receive a replacement unit tomorrow.

Those of you that have Rivals, are you able to sign in? I keep trying to go to online play, but it keeps saying I have to be signed into the PSN and Origin network. It just keeps taking me back to single player.

working just fine here

Has anyone tried different headsets with the PS4 controller? These Turtle Beach N11's I got for the WiiU work but have the same low max volume that they do on the WiiU. Didn't know if a different headset might work better or not.
I am using my PX 21's. Go to settings/sound and screen/audio output setting and make sure your output to headphones is set to chat only. I had super low volume in my headset because I had the output set to both game and chat.

Oddly enough, when you select chat only, it increases the game sound to the headset.

EA later recanted that.

Wait, what? Link?
It was like every page of the Target B2G1 thread from last week where someone was like "herp derp Rivals but herp derp GT6".

I am using my PX 21's. Go to settings/sound and screen/audio output setting and make sure your output to headphones is set to chat only. I had super low volume in my headset because I had the output set to both game and chat.

Oddly enough, when you select chat only, it increases the game sound to the headset.
Well if I select chat audio it doesn't play game audio through whatever I have plugged into the controller and that's what I want. The N11's work they're just really quiet and I think that's just what I'm getting from them. Tried just normal earbuds with the controller and it was much louder so I think that if I get a better headset that might take care of it.

I wanna know this too.

Well you can run all the audio through your controller into a headset and mute your mic/in game chat if applicable. Under the "Sound and Screen" then "Audio Output Settings" then with headphones plugged into the controller you can select all audio or chat under "Output to Headphones".

I was just able to sign in right now, so try again or check your connection.

As for NFS Rivals, it plays like an open world Hot Pursuit but better. I like the seemless integration between single player and multiplayer. You can be doing single player objectives to unlock new cars but suddenly be involved in a multiplayer cop chase. The weather/lighting/particle effects in this game are very impressive, native 1080p on the frostbite engine. I played hot pursuit, most wanted, and personally think Rivals is the best so far. If you enjoyed those games, no reason not to pick up Rivals, considering it will be awhile before we get another racer on PS4.

Probably a dumb question but is there a way to get just game sound (no mic use) on ps4 ? For later gaming so I don't wake the house up .
Use the optical audio output, using the TB Tango headphones that way.. if I wanted to chat, not sure on that but guess I'd used the cheap earphones that come with it.

Annoyed today. I had 3 PS4's on pre-order. One for me one for my sister. I was going to cancel the third, but my friend told me to keep it he wants to buy it from me and sell it. I said nah, I don't have that kind of money to burn in case you back out. He insisted and insisted. I said "fine" and decided to keep it.

It arrives on Monday from Amazon and he tells me he doesn't want it anymore. Nice. Now I have to pay return shipping probably since it "wasn't my fault."

Not a happy person

Annoyed today. I had 3 PS4's on pre-order. One for me one for my sister. I was going to cancel the third, but my friend told me to keep it he wants to buy it from me and sell it. I said nah, I don't have that kind of money to burn in case you back out. He insisted and insisted. I said "fine" and decided to keep it.

It arrives on Monday from Amazon and he tells me he doesn't want it anymore. Nice. Now I have to pay return shipping probably since it "wasn't my fault."

Not a happy person
You should have your friend reimburse you for the return shipping. Regardless of what he says, let him know he has a standing debt with you in the amount of "X" dollars.

I like Rivals.  Had no issue signing in just now or earlier.  (though I spent the majority of my day in ACIV playing catch-up)

Only thing that pisses me off, is being MID-chase/race and turning a corner only to have someone from MP turning the corner the other way... head on collision and always messes me up.  Has happened enough times to really peeve me :)

I like Rivals. Had no issue signing in just now or earlier. (though I spent the majority of my day in ACIV playing catch-up)

Only thing that pisses me off, is being MID-chase/race and turning a corner only to have someone from MP turning the corner the other way... head on collision and always messes me up. Has happened enough times to really peeve me :)
I can see that getting annoying at some point especially if you're on the verge of beating a hard event or something. At the same time it was pretty cool when I was doing a time trial the other night and then all of a sudden I'm caught up in someone else's stuff. Think it's going to be one of those things that goes both ways.

UPS usually just leaves it at the door. Doesn't that only work if they ask you to sign for it?

just bring it unopened to a ups store and write refused on it.

UPS usually just leaves it at the door. Doesn't that only work if they ask you to sign for it?

just bring it unopened to a ups store and write refused on it.

bread's done
Back