Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Is there a reason why I keep seeing people say "ps5" and "Ps5" all over the internet? Is it really that hard to capitalize both letters or are phones auto-correcting it wrong?
autocorrect I am guessing. I know that is what happens to me and it does not seem important enough to worry about...

Is there a reason why I keep seeing people say "ps5" and "Ps5" all over the internet? Is it really that hard to capitalize both letters or are phones auto-correcting it wrong?
I love your contributions to this website as a whole, sincerely, especially the old BB weekly ads thread.
But maybe it's time to take a short break from the internet if it bothers you that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but at what time? :(

I called before my GS opened opened on 9/22 for the xbox and they were sold out already. Hopefully, i can try my luck again tomorrow. My GS has a waiting list they go through first before walkins can get any.
I heard that all the store managers and employees would pre-order all of them from their store. Don't be surprised if you're not able to get one at GS tomorrow. All they have to do is use a different name when they pre-order it.

I'm going to keep trying my luck at Target.

I love your contributions to this website as a whole, sincerely, especially the old BB weekly ads thread.
But maybe it's time to take a short break from the internet if it bothers you that much.
It's just something I've been noticing in the past few weeks. Not actually annoying like all the people who think they are so clever by shortening Xbox Series X to SeX. ;)

I’ve got pre-orders in at Amazon and Walmart but got the email for Sony direct pre-orders and wondering if I should pre-order there as well....? Have zero interest in flipping or picking up extra systems, just want one on release to play with.

Got 2 orders of 2 each for $21.91. Total 4 PS5 controllers for less $87... 

I wonder who walmart is matching....

EDIT: Purchased on same day PS5 PO went live.

musq0xg.jpg

I already got a PS5, but I would love an Xbox Series X, since now I am the proud pre-order holder for an expansion drive that I can't even plug into anything.

Got 2 orders of 2 each for $21.91. Total 4 PS5 controllers for less $87...

I wonder who walmart is matching....

EDIT: Purchased on same day PS5 PO went live.

musq0xg.jpg
Figures I cancelled the controller I pre-ordered with the console thinking "I don't need another one right away". 🤷‍♂️ I just ordered another in hopes it gets matched automatically by whatever is causing it to happen.

I am seeing that price listed for a nearby store but I'm not seeing any way to get that price to show in the cart for an online order.

It was matched because of a Target price mistake some days ago that had it listed at that price. Target fixed it and cancelled orders, WM system is automatically PMing though due to their low price guarantee policy.

I already got a PS5, but I would love an Xbox Series X, since now I am the proud pre-order holder for an expansion drive that I can't even plug into anything.
I’m a die hard Zelda fans so this reminds me when I bought Twilight Princess at launch for the Wii, but couldnt find the actual Wii console anywhere for the first like 3 months at launch. I just kept staring at the case wondering if I’ll ever get to play it lol

Its about the same its just with the PS5 the first round of preorders was such a cluster F#$k many people didnt have a chance
What are you basing that on? We'll have to wait and see how it actually plays out, but every poll and survey I've heard about so far indicates more demand and excitement for PS5. Demand is high enough that both systems are selling out their preorder allotments, but that doesn't necessarily mean demand is equal for both systems.

What are you basing that on? We'll have to wait and see how it actually plays out, but every poll and survey I've heard about so far indicates more demand and excitement for PS5. Demand is high enough that both systems are selling out their preorder allotments, but that doesn't necessarily mean demand is equal for both systems.
It could be an area thing, but all the GameStop employees I’ve spoken to said people care about PS5 a lot more. Twice as many calls, more people doing the early reserve for the PS5 where people were asking to put 50 on something else and transfer, and in general a lot more traffic. Not to say both won’t sell out instantly, but a lot more general traffic for ps5. Literally no one wants a digital of edition of either it seems. Always the last thing to sell. Pretty much a, I can’t get the good one so I’ll get this.

I miss having a GameStop near me. I never really shopped there, but it was nice to have. They closed it due to lack of interest.

Also, I've read articles that say that there will be about half the number of Series X consoles at launch as PS5s because of Covid. Microsoft uses some factories in Mexico to make their consoles, along with other countries, and Sony uses Japan and China mostly. So, while Asian countries were getting back to business as usual, Covid cases across north america were skyrocketing, and plants were being shutdown for safety reasons.

My Walmart controller preorders were not price matched.

do you know what you did to trigger that? mine are still l $69.96

Folks on SD are saying you get in the queue and then eventually go to a page that says OOS. I had it open for a bit and decided not worth the trouble. 

bread's done
Back