Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Anyone going bat**** crazy on the amount they spend on gaming the week the system releases? (This is sort of a “what are you getting launch week?” post)

I’m getting:
PS5 console
Demon’s Souls
Miles Morales Ultimate
AC Valhalla Gold

Series X console
Black Ops Cold War
Gears Tactics

Easily the craziest week I’ll be spending on gaming ever.
For me it's just Demon's Souls. Nothing else gets anywhere close to exciting me. I will be playing Cyberpunk around release, but that will be on PC.

Anyone going bat**** crazy on the amount they spend on gaming the week the system releases? (This is sort of a “what are you getting launch week?” post)

I’m getting:
PS5 console
Demon’s Souls
Miles Morales Ultimate
AC Valhalla Gold

Series X console
Black Ops Cold War
Gears Tactics

Easily the craziest week I’ll be spending on gaming ever.
Considering Black Friday is just two weeks after the consoles launch, I'm taking my chances with holding off on most things. Like I really want the Ultimate Edition of AC Valhalla, but those games usually always go on sales for 40% off on Black Friday. So my plan now is for the PS5, just replay Spider-Man and then jump into Miles Morales, then get Cyberpunk the following week. For my XSX, I still have Gears 5 to play so that might be my big go-to there, as well as trying out other current gen games to see how well they run on the new hardware.

Considering Black Friday is just two weeks after the consoles launch, I'm taking my chances with holding off on most things. Like I really want the Ultimate Edition of AC Valhalla, but those games usually always go on sales for 40% off on Black Friday. So my plan now is for the PS5, just replay Spider-Man and then jump into Miles Morales, then get Cyberpunk the following week. For my XSX, I still have Gears 5 to play so that might be my big go-to there, as well as trying out other current gen games to see how well they run on the new hardware.
Yeah, I am similar. I'm going to replay some blacklog ps4 games on my new ps5 until Cyberpunk and then pick that up as soon as it hits.

I doubt next gen games will get much of discount. That’s historically been the case. Ps4 and xbone games and peripherals for sure have deep discounts to clear their inventory channels.

I doubt next gen games will get much of discount. That’s historically been the case. Ps4 and xbone games and peripherals for sure have deep discounts to clear their inventory channels.
Yeah I don’t see any next gen games getting a discount that close to Black Friday. That being said hopefully things like Crash 4 and Mafia Definitive will be a lot cheaper then.

Black Friday will still be after Thanksgiving but probably a lot more of it will be online. Prime day is a few weeks out anyways.

Saw the seller and also questioned this. It's also the digital version which I don't want at all so not going to risk an order on this one. 

Yeah I don’t see any next gen games getting a discount that close to Black Friday. That being said hopefully things like Crash 4 and Mafia Definitive will be a lot cheaper then.
There’s always a chance of a retailer specific deal that applied to all games. For example, shortly after the ps4 launched Target had a B2G1 deal that allowed me to pickup NBA 2k14, CoD Ghosts, and Need for Speed Rivals.

Black Friday will still be after Thanksgiving but probably a lot more of it will be online. Prime day is a few weeks out anyways.
Doubtful about the “a lot more online part” ... after the election it will probably resume to businesses not caring about workers or shoppers’ well being (regardless who wins)

IE expect stores open on Thanksgiving during the pandemic

Is anyone planning on getting Godfall? Looks pretty good but kinda want to wait for reviews
Looks like the worst kind of generic slop to me so I'll pass for sure. The big launch pickup for me is Demon's Souls. I'd get a PS5 even if that was the only game available. Also picking up Sackboy to have something to play with my son and Miles Morales Ultimate because I'm going to need something lighter to play when I need a break from Souls.

Doubtful about the “a lot more online part” ... after the election it will probably resume to businesses not caring about workers or shoppers’ well being (regardless who wins)

IE expect stores open on Thanksgiving during the pandemic
Im not questioning this statement, just wondering what you are saying here. You are stating that businesses currently care (or are pretending to care) about employee and shoppers health and well being because there is an election coming up, and they will stop caring after the election? I don’t think Black Friday being before or after the election would make much difference personally...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anybody got an email, but i received a Walmart email, "this might be gone soon."  Surprisingly, it was for the PS5 Digital version, quickly clicked and apparently i've got an order in projected to arrive on 15 Oct.  We'll see if this stands...

Looks like the worst kind of generic slop to me so I'll pass for sure. The big launch pickup for me is Demon's Souls. I'd get a PS5 even if that was the only game available. Also picking up Sackboy to have something to play with my son and Miles Morales Ultimate because I'm going to need something lighter to play when I need a break from Souls.
Really? I think it’s a pretty cool launch title for what it is. Granted I’m being less picky as it’s a launch title. Normally a game like this wouldn’t be on my radar. It does look rather last gen kind of like a cross gen release.

Really? I think it’s a pretty cool launch title for what it is. Granted I’m being less picky as it’s a launch title. Normally a game like this wouldn’t be on my radar. It does look rather last gen kind of like a cross gen release.
That wasn’t towards me but I’ll keep an eye on the game. The biggest turnoff for the game right now is that there is a $100 ultimate edition and it only mentions getting the first expansion, not all of them (assuming there’s more than one). I absolutely hate when they do that, release a super expensive version and you still don’t get all the substantial dlc.

That wasn’t towards me but I’ll keep an eye on the game. The biggest turnoff for the game right now is that there is a $100 ultimate edition and it only mentions getting the first expansion, not all of them (assuming there’s more than one). I absolutely hate when they do that, release a super expensive version and you still don’t get all the substantial dlc.
It is published by Gearbox so it does follow.

Damn that’s straight up bullsh!t. Their 10 min developer commentary said no micro transactions and you get 100% of the game on day one. Like literally That’s what they said. I may pass and wait for a definitive edition in a year or so.

I don't have the time or patience for "game previews" anymore.  Just show me the game when it's completed and if it's good enough then I'll buy it.  It's hard to get excited about anything that's in development anymore; even good concepts are ruined by MTXs, carved DLC, publisher interference, or poor execution.

Godfall looks very much like a launch title and a solid rental ... unless a majority of reviews say it’s a must play, I would wait for a sale. Something about it just looks a little ... off? If it wasn’t $70 I think I’d be willing to take a risk on it, but Demon’s Souls and Spider-man will be enough to take me into Black Friday at least.

Godfall looks very much like a launch title and a solid rental ... unless a majority of reviews say it’s a must play, I would wait for a sale. Something about it just looks a little ... off? If it wasn’t $70 I think I’d be willing to take a risk on it, but Demon’s Souls and Spider-man will be enough to take me into Black Friday at least.
Yeah we’ll see since a lot of people said ghost of Tsushima would be generic and only worth a rental but turned out to be one of the best exclusives.

Yeah we’ll see since a lot of people said ghost of Tsushima would be generic and only worth a rental but turned out to be one of the best exclusives.
If we’re being honest, I haven’t been a fan of a lot of the recent AAA titles being released lately. Tsushima felt boring to me, but I think I just wasn’t really taken in by the whole wandering samurai thing and I found the Last of Us Part II to be visually impressive but dreadfully dull as well. Could be that I’m just looking for more specific genres as I get older ... open world games are really hit or miss for me these days. If they don’t have the depth of something like Fallout with crafting, building, scavenging, etc I just have a hard time getting excited about them.

If we’re being honest, I haven’t been a fan of a lot of the recent AAA titles being released lately. Tsushima felt boring to me, but I think I just wasn’t really taken in by the whole wandering samurai thing and I found the Last of Us Part II to be visually impressive but dreadfully dull as well. Could be that I’m just looking for more specific genres as I get older ... open world games are really hit or miss for me these days. If they don’t have the depth of something like Fallout with crafting, building, scavenging, etc I just have a hard time getting excited about them.
Makes sense. I’m getting older and I prefer to play games with good story nowadays instead of just mindless hack and slash/shooters. I bet last of us will get a lot of awards, stunning visuals with so much details. Ghost of Tsushima was just overall more fun and I was more addicted to it cuz of the type of game it is, and side quests were done well.

Godfall require ps plus so it is a big no for me

I thought the same. GoT was cool for a while, but as I got into the last area of the game it no longer had my interest. It ended up being pretty repetitive. LoU2 had the same not great combat from any Naughty Dog game (Uncharted 4 was pretty fun to play), but those games are played for the story which LoU2 did not impress me on.

Literally what he said...
“From what I've seen online it's only required for online co-op -“

To go online with a PlayStation, you need PlayStation Plus ... Godfall requires internet to play in any mode. Therefore it’s not just for online co-op, you need an internet connection for single player as well. That’s not “literally what he said.”

It’s possible it might allow you to connect without an active PS Plus account, but I haven’t seen that confirmed. Either way, I try to avoid games that require internet for single player ... once the servers shutdown, you have no game.

“From what I've seen online it's only required for online co-op -“

To go online with a PlayStation, you need PlayStation Plus ... Godfall requires internet to play in any mode. Therefore it’s not just for online co-op, you need an internet connection for single player as well. That’s not “literally what he said.”
Having an active internet connection is not the same as requiring Playstation Plus. You can go online in a number of games without it. See recent example: Rocket League.

Having an active internet connection is not the same as requiring Playstation Plus. You can go online in a number of games without it. See recent example: Rocket League.
Again, I don’t know how accurate this article is, but it states otherwise for Godfall.

https://www.psu.com/news/godfall-ps5-requires-an-internet-connection-and-ps-plus-to-play-the-game/#:~:text=PlayStation’s%20official%20website%20has%20confirmed%20that%20Godfall%20on,if%20you%20are%20playing%20through%20the%20looter-slasher%20alone.

If I'm wrong I'll own it, but I imagine this will be cleared up before launch. Didn't the division 2 require online to play and PS+ was not needed to play single player? Same with Destiny 2 if I remember right. I don't see why this would be any different.

If I'm wrong I'll own it, but I imagine this will be cleared up before launch. Didn't the division 2 require online to play and PS+ was not needed to play single player? Same with Destiny 2 if I remember right. I don't see why this would be any different.
Yep, both Division games are online but you only need PS+ to play with other people. Some of the features in the NBA2K games like MyCareer are also online (though there are offline modes), but you need PS+ to play against human players online.

It’s possible that single player could simply require an internet connection, but that’s the reason I’ll wait for a deep sale if I pick it up. Only Blizzard and a few other companies can get away with always online requirements for me personally.

With that said, it seems like the majority of AAA PS games that require internet also make PS+ a requirement. Some MMOs and F2P games appear to be the exception. Knowing Gearbox, it seems like this is already going hard into the day one DLC items and other stuff that can make a game rather unappealing for me.

Who ever preordered at gamestop bundle check your status. I am hearing people are getting refunded status. Looks like its an error message

Big YMMV here, but Target was nice and gave me an extra 10% off on my PS5 preorder.

I started up the online chat, and asked if I could apply the current 10% off Target Circle deal (10% off one Electronics item or video game) to my existing PS5 order. They looked into it, told me that deal isn't valid on the Sony PS5 at all, but that they could give me 10% off anyway just for being a valued customer.

So Red Card brought it down to $475, and then they gave me an extra $47.50 off on top of that. Pretty shocked they did that for me, but I'll happily take it.

bread's done
Back