Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Motion is great. No difference between my 144 gaming monitor and the LG when playing on a PS4 pro.

Overall I’m extremely happy with it and highly recommend it.
You convinced me to go for the OLED, but now Bestbuy is playing with my mind. I keep watching to see if the CX gets a nice discount, currently only 200 off at 2300 for the 65, and now they put the Sony 900h 75 on sale for 1600 from 2500.... tempting me. I can't decide which will be more enjoyable. Getting the better motion on a 65 OLED, or upgrading from my 55 to a 75 monster sized for substantially less money. Tough choice.

OLEDs do not have better motion than Sony LCD's with the X1 / Ultimate processor.  Sony has the best motion handling in the business.  OLEDs have the best colors.

Too bad the CX hasn't come down in price at all yet ($2249 @ BB).   The 65" C9 was available most of the time last year for $2099 at Costco and other places, and as low as $1999 occasionally, for comparison.  

The 48" CX hasn't gone on sale yet. 

OLEDs do not have better motion than Sony LCD's with the X1 / Ultimate processor. Sony has the best motion handling in the business. OLEDs have the best colors.

Too bad the CX hasn't come down in price at all yet ($2249 @ BB). The 65" C9 was available most of the time last year for $2099 at Costco and other places, and as low as $1999 occasionally, for comparison.

The 48" CX hasn't gone on sale yet.
Oh... people have been telling me an OLED would be more like my plasma I miss. I currently have a 2 year old Sony x900f with the X1, and the only complaint is sometimes there's an aura around a character when it's motion algorithm can't keep up on a low framerate game. (like on Assassin's Creed Odyssey since it 30fps and very detailed for example) Other than this I love the Sony. Maybe that's been improved now on newer models.

I guess the CX is more capable for different types of inputs though. Sony promises updates to firmware, but from what I've read the CX will still have more options to handle 4k 120fps, which is the whole reason I started looking for a new tv, then got all crazy with size when I realized I could go from a 55 to 75.

Oh... people have been telling me an OLED would be more like my plasma I miss. I currently have a 2 year old Sony x900f with the X1, and the only complaint is sometimes there's an aura around a character when it's motion algorithm can't keep up on a low framerate game. (like on Assassin's Creed Odyssey since it 30fps and very detailed for example) Other than this I love the Sony. Maybe that's been improved now on newer models.

I guess the CX is more capable for different types of inputs though. Sony promises updates to firmware, but from what I've read the CX will still have more options to handle 4k 120fps, which is the whole reason I started looking for a new tv, then got all crazy with size when I realized I could go from a 55 to 75.
Yeah if you're trying to recreate plasma then go for the OLED.

What you're talking about is called blooming or "haloing". The screen has a backlight or an edgelight that shines through the TV to light it up and then only so many local dimming zones to reduce the halo effect. That's the drawback of LCD technology. For some people it's a huge deal breaker and for others it's not a big deal at all. That is something that's a non-issue on OLEDs bc each pixel is individually lit. OTTH, some people prefer a high-end LCD for their brightness and increased HDR effect. Though in this comparison the CX is a much nicer set than the 900H. Sounds like the LG is the better set for you.

Unfortunately, LCD technology has regressed and stagnated (since 2016) and they do not really manufacture top end LCDs anymore. Nothing current is as good as the Sony 930E and the Z9D were. Today I'd want a 950H for its brightness; but it doesn't do HDMI 2.1 like the 900H does. Both the 900H and the CX are going to have 120hz VRR + G-sync compatibility. Unlike just about everything else. The 900H is an incredible value for a mid-range set, especially at these 65" and 75" prices if you want a cheaper, high-quality big screen. For anyone on a budget, that $899 55" 900H is a no-brainer if they want to become next-gen ready along with decent HDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sony OLED's have the ultimate x1 processor and are currently on sale at bestbuy. The 55 is currently 1,299. 1k off. I saw both the CX and A9G and went with the A9G. I think the A9Gs picture just looks better. I have no regrets. The A9G is on sale as well.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-a8h-series-oled-4k-uhd-smart-android-tv/6401199.p?skuId=6401199
Yup that's a great deal if you're looking to get into OLED and also want the Sony video processing. Unfortunately it's not going to be HDMI 2.1 compatible though.

The A8H and the 900H are the most notable sales right now.

Yeah if you're trying to recreate plasma then go for the OLED.

What you're talking about is called blooming or "haloing". The screen has a backlight or an edgelight that shines through the TV to light it up and then only so many local dimming zones to reduce the halo effect. That's the drawback of LCD technology. For some people it's a huge deal breaker and for others it's not a big deal at all. That is something that's a non-issue on OLEDs bc each pixel is individually lit. OTTH, some people prefer a high-end LCD for their brightness and increased HDR effect. Though in this comparison the CX is a much nicer set than the 900H. Sounds like the LG is the better set for you.

Unfortunately, LCD technology has regressed and stagnated (since 2016) and they do not really manufacture top end LCDs anymore. Nothing current is as good as the Sony 930E and the Z9D were. Today I'd want a 950H for its brightness; but it doesn't do HDMI 2.1 like the 900H does. Both the 900H and the CX are going to have 120hz VRR + G-sync compatibility. Unlike just about everything else. The 900H is an incredible value for a mid-range set, especially at these 65" and 75" prices if you want a cheaper, high-quality big screen. For anyone on a budget, that $899 55" 900H is a no-brainer if someone wants to become next-gen ready along with decent HDR.
I guess my hangup I need to let go of is comparing the motion to my plasma that I used its 'motion smoothing' on at max. I loved it for games because it was insanely fluid and no lag, and my wife hated it when watching movies :) It made me where I always turn off motion blur in game settings.

The 'motion smoothing' on the 4k sony just isn't the same. I guess I need to quit living in the past :baby: :lol:

Yup that's a great deal if you're looking to get into OLED and also want the Sony video processing. Unfortunately it's not going to be HDMI 2.1 compatible though.

Honestly relieved it's not HDMI 2.1. I'm not really in the market for a new TV but I would have absolutely splurged on one if it was.

Would get on it if mvp edition wasn’t $50 this week. I really need the packs it seems since the rewards in MUT is nonexistent this year smh
I enjoyed MUT the first couple years but then it clearly got money greedy. Stopped playing it.

I now only play franchise and exhibition games when friends are over. I’d also like to try the yard mode.

I guess my hangup I need to let go of is comparing the motion to my plasma that I used its 'motion smoothing' on at max. I loved it for games because it was insanely fluid and no lag, and my wife hated it when watching movies :) It made me where I always turn off motion blur in game settings.

The 'motion smoothing' on the 4k sony just isn't the same. I guess I need to quit living in the past :baby: :lol:
One drawback of my OLED...panning shots are pretty bad as far as stuttering goes. Banding can be an issue too, but it gets better with each gen of OLED.

This is what stopped me from pulling the trigger on the LG CX 65" this morning. I had it in cart with the $500 off on Amazon plus a bump to 10% cashback due to Prime Card.

However, with how shit the PS5 pre-order situation is, I doubt, I'll be getting one until Spring at the earliest. At which point next years OLEDs will be announced and maybe Sony adding 2.1 will cause some pricing pressure. Worst case, I'll pick up a 2020 LG model at something cheaper than the roughly $2K I was considering today.

Good to hear you think OLED is worth it. Thats the other bit that had me hesitating.

One drawback of my OLED...panning shots are pretty bad as far as stuttering goes. Banding can be an issue too, but it gets better with each gen of OLED.
Yeah exactly. There is judder, stutter, or whatever you want to call it on the LG OLEDs that is not quantified well enough on Rtings.com review scores. Color banding is sometimes an issue for people too. Although some folks have a flawless experience, those are the drawbacks. "There is no perfect television".

So many OLED owners think that their sets are 100% flawless so it was really refreshing to read your post.

Honestly relieved it's not HDMI 2.1. I'm not really in the market for a new TV but I would have absolutely splurged on one if it was.
What!? You are one crazy guy. :cool:

Don't you have like two OLEDs already including a C9/CX?

I enjoyed MUT the first couple years but then it clearly got money greedy. Stopped playing it.

I now only play franchise and exhibition games when friends are over. I’d also like to try the yard mode.
I gotta give franchise a try. I always go straight to MUT lol

Nintendo absolutely plays it safe and can weather any storm for it, but fails to grow as a company for it. Being exorbitantly flush with cash doesn't mean much when your ambitions are extremely shallow. Scrooge McDuck, essentially.

And limited in Japanese means not everyone gets one. Their culture honors rarity and not being able to have it all.

Bro.....scrooge had tons of ambition, he was always risking everything to expand his fortune....

Nintendo absolutely plays it safe and can weather any storm for it, but fails to grow as a company for it. Being exorbitantly flush with cash doesn't mean much when your ambitions are extremely shallow. Scrooge McDuck, essentially.

And limited in Japanese means not everyone gets one. Their culture honors rarity and not being able to have it all.

I was doing a Drive Up order at Target and was able to attach a PS5 preorder to the same order.
Says deliver 11/13 to 11/18. I'm sure it'll get canceled but a weird workaround since you can't order through the item page.

Nice was just able to pre order the controller charging station from playstation direct with release day shipping of October 30th. Hoping people cancel orders and the headset shows back up.

Question is is it only from them or all retailers? I’d finally have peace of mind if that’s the case for target orders
It looks like the Target listings now all show October 30th for release date:

https://www.target.com/p/dualsense-wireless-controller-for-playstation-5/-/A-81114477

https://www.target.com/p/playstation-5-hd-camera/-/A-81114478

https://www.target.com/p/dualsense-charging-station-for-playstation-5/-/A-81114475

https://www.target.com/p/playstation-5-media-remote/-/A-81114476

https://www.target.com/p/sony-pulse-3d-wireless-gaming-headset-for-playstation-5/-/A-81114474

I checked Best Buy and they haven't updated the release dates on their PS5 accessories as of yet.

Just for what it's worth...

Hm awesome. Wonder when they’ll email us with updated release date. Still shows November for my orders atm

Is there are reason to get the new PS5 camera other than streaming purposes?

Because for PSVR you can still use the PS4 camera with a free adapter, which they have not said yet how to get it though...

Is there are reason to get the new PS5 camera other than streaming purposes?

Because for PSVR you can still use the PS4 camera with a free adapter, which they have not said yet how to get it though...
It's weird to me that you need the PS4 camera as well as the PS4 DS controller to play the games. You'd think at least the controller would work for PS5.

What I ultimately want is a PSVR2 that plays all PSVR games on PS5 with the new camera and controller. I would hate to think I need to keep a bunch of old stuff around just to play these titles.

It's weird to me that you need the PS4 camera as well as the PS4 DS controller to play the games. You'd think at least the controller would work for PS5.

What I ultimately want is a PSVR2 that plays all PSVR games on PS5 with the new camera and controller. I would hate to think I need to keep a bunch of old stuff around just to play these titles.
Based on how the PS5’s remote looks I would guess psvr2 will use inside out tracking (hands and objects) and a camera to track your controller. Wish it wasn’t such a mess to use psvr in general. I barely use mine.

The pre-order button was yellow at BB but wouldn't do anything when I hit it. Now it's back to coming soon.

bread's done
Back