Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Got mine from Walmart, even though I had an email warning it might be delayed.

A friend did not get such an email, and his has been delayed by a day or two. Or maybe the weekend.

If I get the regular edition of Miles, I think you can add the PS5 version of 2018 Spider-Man for $20. If I then trade Miles back in a month, will I still have access to PS5 version of Spider-man as a separate executable?

If you need to access PS5 Spider-Man through MM, I'll just go digital
My understanding is that it is accessed and played through miles morales. Which is why it can't be purchased independently on the PS store. But I don't have it just yet so can't confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="christophles" post="14345633" timestamp="1605208384"]

I ordered from Sony Direct last night and I'm showing a shipping label created for FedEx today.[/quote

I got mine in pretty late. Mine is showing preparing to ship. I checked FedEx and saw a created label and was excited... until I realized it was my Target order lmao

Hopefully I get it by Monday. I want to actually play the damn thing.

These people buying more than 1 should sell fast before stores start getting more. I have a feeling we will see an influx in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I know target told me they were going to be putting some out tomorrow as they did with the Xbox series x’s day after.

Walmart 1 Amazon 0 at the moment ... Still unclear how to largest, most profitable online company in the world can't manage to update their shipping details to clarify whether I actually even have a unit on its way. My plan was always to cancel Prime after BF ... looks like that's going to continue to be the plan.

These people buying more than 1 should sell fast before stores start getting more. I have a feeling we will see an influx in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I know target told me they were going to be putting some out tomorrow as they did with the Xbox series x’s day after.
When they "put them out tomorrow" does that mean you have to go in store at open to buy them? Or will you be able to order them online for in store pickup? And if the latter, when do they go live on the website? At store open time or like middle of the night?

Has anybody ever dealt with the company Walmart uses for their extended warranties? I’m think of adding the four year one onto my PS5.

Thanks

Best Buy has already confirmed they won't have any Xbox Series X or PS5's for in-store purchases until 2021. Amazon sent emails to some Xbox Series X preorders that they may not ship until 12/31. Walmart sales for today won't be delivered for several weeks (people already saying they are seeing 11/24 and 12/1 as delivery dates). That tells me stock is gonna be tight through the end of the year. I'm sure we will get some here and there online but how will it be any different than what we are seeing today? Bots are gonna scoop them up and hold them hostage through the holidays thanks to the ability to return them. I think if there were solid numbers of units coming down the pipeline, Microsoft and Sony would have already told us. I like your optimism but nothing points to that being realistic at the moment.

Best Buy had the worst packaging...one small row of packaging and it was standing on its side bulging out of the box.

Ended up with an extra disc version if anyone has a nice switch bundle or retro bundle to trade?

The box is massive.

Best Buy has already confirmed they won't have any Xbox Series X or PS5's for in-store purchases until 2021. Amazon sent emails to some Xbox Series X preorders that they may not ship until 12/31. Walmart sales for today won't be delivered for several weeks (people already saying they are seeing 11/24 and 12/1 as delivery dates). That tells me stock is gonna be tight through the end of the year. I'm sure we will get some here and there online but how will it be any different than what we are seeing today? Bots are gonna scoop them up and hold them hostage through the holidays thanks to the ability to return them. I think if there were solid numbers of units coming down the pipeline, Microsoft and Sony would have already told us. I like your optimism but nothing points to that being realistic at the moment.
My feeling is more this. These are going to be scarce for many months ahead.

People can shit on gamestop all they want, but they have their shit together at almost every launch.

Gamestop PS5 bundle was the first to arrive. Amazon broke my shipment up and sent Demon's Souls and system separate. Still waiting on Ps5. 

Gamestop XSX bundle ordered on launch day will be here tomorrow. 

I know yall hate some GS bundles, but ive never had an issue with ordering from them on hot items like this. I did the same for PS4 and Xbox one releases as well. 

Anyone who received ps5 can give us some review about the console ? Is series x really better ?
I got to open my Taco Bell X box series X and the processor for that system seems very fluid, responsive, and the hub where you watch game preview/trailers will play while you side scroll through other game details. The only comparison I can make is it appears more responsive (obviously) to how responsive the PS4 pro seemed with a Samsung EVO SSD upgrade vs the stock HDD. Waiting on ps5 delivery currently too....

All three of my PS5's arrived. I had put in three orders just in case any of them were canceled. One from Amazon, Walmart, and best buy. I was surprised most that Walmart came through. I kept my best buy one, and two of my co-workers came and grabbed the other two. Felt great to get them a console at cost, and not have to worry about dealing with resellers. Overall extremely impressed with how smooth it went. Hoping the best for everyone in here finding one, and that your orders go as smoothly as mine. Here's to an excellent generation!

Oh, deer, you were right on time, but our website is dysfunctional. Please do not go to Cabela's.

Got to the security code again and got the error, was able to go back though so it still has that page loaded up and I just have to confirm the security code. I am going to leave that page up and not mess with it and try to just add the code and hit send on the next batch. Has anyone tried that or are you re-adding it to cart each time?

Secured both my xbox and PS5 on Costco.

I bought my xbox at 10:19am CT on Costco .... so I was checking their website around 930am CT for PS5. It went live about 9:45am CT.

Had so much lag checking out, but after waiting for each page to load correctly, it went through. Had trouble with entering CC numbers but set up Visa Checkout on Costco and that solved that problem.

People can shit on gamestop all they want, but they have their shit together at almost every launch.

Gamestop PS5 bundle was the first to arrive. Amazon broke my shipment up and sent Demon's Souls and system separate. Still waiting on Ps5.

Gamestop XSX bundle ordered on launch day will be here tomorrow.

I know yall hate some GS bundles, but ive never had an issue with ordering from them on hot items like this. I did the same for PS4 and Xbox one releases as well.
I had a ton of chances to buy PS5 bundle on GS last night ... but just couldn't bring myself to pay $880 w/ tax for their ridicilous bundle. I mean, at least let me pick out the two games that come with it!

We did it fellas. Playstation Direct order, confirmed. Woot! Xbox & PS5 = I'm happy. :D/

Anyone else pay for expedited shipping? When did you/typically do receive your item? Thanks!!

Kept spamming place order and now walmart removed it from my cart.

Saw a twitch player saying he paid $ 2000 for his. Damn.

Heh got to the Walmart address selection in checkout and after 5x errors I got the out of stock message. Womp womp.
I got all the way to "confirm order" and then when I clicked it just hung and kicked me back to payment info and then said out of stock. Biggest case of blue balls I've ever had.

I managed to get mine through Sony's direct site.  Hopefully the 1-2 day shipping holds up (it gave me that option for free since I was a Plus member.) 

I am claiming Costco and Sam's Club as the clear winners of this shit show launch. Got both XBOX and PS5 on Costco. That membership pay wall goes a long way at keeping those filthy scalpers out.

PS5 is going to my good buddy, who missed out, but has been hyped up for that machine for nearly 2 years now.

Every other website was a total shit show plagued with bots and broken payment systems.

Aside, both MS and Sony messed up big time here. They should have focused resources, efforts on a disc version of the console and later release a more affordable discless version several months later. They stretched themselves way too thin at a time when supply issues were already obvious.

Looks like BF next chance. And man, is that going to be an even bigger shit show!

bread's done
Back