Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Has anyone’s order from Costco a few days ago done anything? Mine still just says “received”.
Nah not yet. Judging from the XSX thread it could just randomly update in a few days but I'm bracing myself for at least a week before if moves

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah not yet. Judging from the XSX thread it could just randomly update in a few days but I'm bracing myself for at least a week before if moves
I was shocked at how fast it shipped. Tried for the ps5 but it kept bouncing me out when I went to pay. Wouldn't take my CVV number.if they didn't cancel it by now at least you know it's coming.

Has anyone’s order from Costco a few days ago done anything? Mine still just says “received”.
Received for me as well. I wonder if this applies to those that chose faster shipping.....not that that was an easy option to pick considering how glitchy the process was.

I was shocked at how fast it shipped. Tried for the ps5 but it kept bouncing me out when I went to pay. Wouldn't take my CVV number.if they didn't cancel it by now at least you know it's coming.
I've actually had the Costco site do that to me before, but that really was the worst I'd seen it. Each time I tried again, a different part of the form was locked.

On black Friday all GameStop’s will have 2 of each ps5s and Xbox in store. Walmart is supposed to have some for that day. Best Buy put in their ad they would have ps5 on black Friday, Idk instore vs online.
Seems like the Walmart BF ad that just leaked said they would be available online only, but who knows.

Went to Target yesterday and no luck. Guy said to me to come tomorrow. I asked if for sure they would have them. He said he couldnt say but as a friend, to come by tomorrow. Either being trolled or somethings up. Popfinder shows 0 in stock at this moment.
It's been a long time but from my time at Target and Sam's club we typically got consoles through our UPS or Fedex delivery. It wouldn't usually ship on our regular trucks.

Target PS5 arrived at 11:24 Fedex today.  Box appeared to be reused and taped together rather poorly, but it had padding and was completely undamaged.  After trying Demon's Souls and Spider-man Miles all I have to say is damn the SSD makes a difference.  Demon's Souls is crazy smooth (HDR makes a ton of difference in dark spaces) and Spider-man (set in fidelity mode) looks amazing, and the tutorial mission against *spoiler* was fantastic.  I'm using fidelity on Spider-man to see things at their best, still haven't tried out performance mode on that.

Still glancing at TVs for my new systems. Is the Sony x950h any good (looking at the 49 inch one). It seemed to have solid reviews but the biggest problem is I read it doesn’t have hdmi 2.1 but then I also read it has a chip for hdmi 2.1 it just hasn’t been utilized yet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Still glancing at TVs for my new systems. Is the Sony x950h any good (looking at the 49 inch one). It seemed to have solid reviews but the biggest problem is I read it doesn’t have hdmi 2.1 but then I also read it has a chip for hdmi 2.1 it just hasn’t been utilized yet?

Have been eyeing the LG CX OLED TVs - they have HMDI 2.1and are on sale for BF ($1.8K for 65inch) at Costco/BBY/Amazon. Should be a great match for the next gen consoles

Have been eyeing the LG CX OLED TVs - they have HMDI 2.1and are on sale for BF ($1.8K for 65inch) at Costco/BBY/Amazon. Should be a great match for the next gen consoles
I grabbed the LG CX OLED 65 and have been loving it.

Not sure if it matters to you or not but I'm pretty sure the X950H wont ever have HDMI 2.1 at least this years model wont.

I actually wanted the 65” lg CX but with extended warranty it’s even more expensive so I went ahead n bought the 55”. What’s funny is it actually looks even bigger in my room and takes perfect amount of space I have. If I bought the 65” it wouldn’t fit lol. Perfect for my table stand too. I’m lovin it so far. Can finally game in 4K as I have never had a 4K tv or a 4K PS4 pro lol

I actually wanted the 65” lg CX but with extended warranty it’s even more expensive so I went ahead n bought the 55”. What’s funny is it actually looks even bigger in my room and takes perfect amount of space I have. If I bought the 65” it wouldn’t fit lol. Perfect for my table stand too. I’m lovin it so far. Can finally game in 4K as I have never had a 4K tv or a 4K PS4 pro lol
I also have the 55" LG CX. It's perfect for both consoles AND PC. I played Yakuza 0 at 4K 120fps on my RTX 2070 Super.

Earlier today I got a package from UPS. I opened it and it was another PS5. I thought I got sent two by accident, but then I looked at the label and it was someone else's from a few blocks away.

Brought it over to the right house. I obsessively track my expensive items from UPS, if I had a PS5 that said delivered and it wasn't at my front door I would've been freaking out.

Earlier today I got a package from UPS. I opened it and it was another PS5. I thought I got sent two by accident, but then I looked at the label and it was someone else's from a few blocks away.

Brought it over to the right house. I obsessively track my expensive items from UPS, if I had a PS5 that said delivered and it wasn't at my front door I would've been freaking out.
Very nice of you, I'm sure they were thrilled to have you bring it over.

I close my games before letting it rest, but yeah that's no good. Some bugs for sure especially for those playing games and having an external HD attached. Friend was playing games (Miles and CoD) and PS5 crashed twice on him I think and had to rebuild his external HD. He just removes it now unless he wants to play those games. I'm likely not going to risk it too much trying the Asian English title. It may work, but I don't trust Sony haha.

That was really awesome of you to do that. did the guy thank you?

That was really awesome of you to do that. did the guy thank you?
Yeah. Poor guy was waiting on his porch before I pulled up. It was cold out here today so he must've been waiting for his PS5 otherwise I don't think he'd have been just sitting outside by himself in the cold. Probably thought it wasn't coming even though the tracking said out for delivery.

You did the right thing. Big ups!!! I had a neighbor steal my laptop that was delivered to the wrong address. Ups and fedex geotrack the package drop off. They try 3 times to recollect. After the 3rd third attempt you’re issued a full refund. My neighbor was a total scum bag and clearly wanted to keep it. I was also told to try and recollect...I was like screw that I want a refund.

I guess it does not technically constitute as theft since their was no intention to steal or so I was told.

You did the right thing. Big ups!!! I had a neighbor steal my laptop that was delivered to the wrong address. Ups and fedex geotrack the package drop off. They try 3 times to recollect. After the 3rd third attempt you’re issued a full refund. My neighbor was a total scum bag and clearly wanted to keep it. I was also told to try and recollect...I was like screw that I want a refund.

I guess it does not technically constitute as theft since their was no intention to steal or so I was told.
Damn man, that sucks. Neighbor's gotta have some balls knowing you know they stole from you. In my experience, getting packages back delivered to the wrong address is a 50/50 proposition at best. Just gotta hope people do the honest thing.

I had a bunch of packages delivered to the wrong address or lost this year. The most I've ever had in any year. Before I took the package back a friend of mine jokingly said to me this is fate's way of rewarding you for all the bad luck, with a free backup PS5. I know if that happened to me it would've stressed me the hell out, especially in tough economic times like this. Gotta look out for our neighbors during these times.

Platinum Trophy unlocked. :bow:

Yeah don't even bother going to Walmart if Brickseek says they have it. Beyond the usual bad walmart customer service, I guess they are saved for BF. 

Has anybody who received theirs from Walmart still not been charged? I received mine on Thursday and still no pending charge on it.

[quote name="Rahxephon91" post="14347128" timestamp="1605447828"]

Yeah don't even bother going to Walmart if Brickseek says they have it. Beyond the usual bad walmart customer service, I guess they are saved for BF. [/quote

Which is bull shit because if they truly cares about their guests, they wouldn’t save them to be used for the busiest day of the year. Looks like this is done to get as many people in the store to buy as much as possible.

I think if they are advertised in their black Friday ad then legally they have to carry stock on black Friday.

I think if they are advertised in their black Friday ad then legally they have to carry stock on black Friday.
All stores always do this, but there’s not a minimum quantity as defined by law. You’ll see products advertised and the reality is they only have a couple. I wouldn’t expect each store to have more than 10 or 20, but you never know.

anyone still waiting for your target shipping to get updated? mine hasn't been updated since the 12th, says delivery tomorrow but i can't see that happening if the last scan on the 12 is any indication.

Depends on your state. Mine the RCW is written to include through color of deception, and specifically covers keeping things that were misdelivered if you know they aren't yours.

I've referred a guy for prosecution before, for that, then violated his terms of probation for failure to obey the law. He was a total porch pirate, but would only admit to keeping things misdelivered. It was still enough.

bread's done
Back