Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I can’t imagine going to any store on BF with the COVID cases spiking. No thanks.
I haven’t gone in years. I’ve always been able to get everything I wanted the week of Black Friday, usually before Black Friday- I’ve found Wed to be the best day.

On actual Black Friday we’ve always made a big thing of it, but not for shopping. For the last 7 or 8 years we’d buy what we needed online Black Friday morning and then head out about 11. Hit up a couple small stores just to look around and then go to a bar/restaurant for 12. Sit there for about 2 hours drinking all of the beers and ordering all of the apps. Ordering from various stores online. Always had a blast. That part is the only thing I’ll miss this year.

Depends on your state. Mine the RCW is written to include through color of deception, and specifically covers keeping things that were misdelivered if you know they aren't yours.

I've referred a guy for prosecution before, for that, then violated his terms of probation for failure to obey the law. He was a total porch pirate, but would only admit to keeping things misdelivered. It was still enough.
Nice!!! Laws do change from state to state. Wish that was the case here. It was an expensive surface book i7 fully loaded. The guy made a mint or kept it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only that it seems like 25% of the supply suffers from coil whine. Mine has gotten worse. Very annoying may send it in or sell on eBay and buy another. Granted I may have to return a few till I get one without. I think I’m very sensitive to the sound as I can hear it 8+ feet away. Lots of people on Reddit and YouTube have it.

On black Friday all GameStop’s will have 2 of each ps5s and Xbox in store. Walmart is supposed to have some for that day. Best Buy put in their ad they would have ps5 on black Friday, Idk instore vs online.
Hot coffee in tow, will do the old-school 2-3am drive-by if I haven’t scored by then .. lord help me

Lots of them on Facebook Marketplace and Offer Up, but I'm not really sure I trust these places. I don't want to get scammed out of my money yknow?

Lots of them on Facebook Marketplace and Offer Up, but I'm not really sure I trust these places. I don't want to get scammed out of my money yknow?
If you’re the buyer you’re likely fine. Just meet up at a police station or a local drop off. As a seller I’m always concerned about getting robbed or getting counterfeit cash. You can always have the buyer send you money via PayPal friends and family or zelle.

Isn't this good news? Lots of it are just sitting there so there's a good chance of scalpers lowering their prices sooner?

I just saw Offerup. So many PS5s.

3 walmarts near me showing 6 plus in stock in brickseek, r they selling in store ? Worth a try? Or its online only last time I went to walamrt and ask the guy who was really old gentleman in electronics who didn't even know what ps5 is, all he knew was games section which he told me to go there.

3 walmarts near me showing 6 plus in stock in brickseek, r they selling in store ? Worth a try? Or its online only last time I went to walamrt and ask the guy who was really old gentleman in electronics who didn't even know what ps5 is, all he knew was games section which he told me to go there.
Probably being held for Black Friday ...

If you’re the buyer you’re likely fine. Just meet up at a police station or a local drop off. As a seller I’m always concerned about getting robbed or getting counterfeit cash. You can always have the buyer send you money via PayPal friends and family or zelle.
PayPal Friends can be charged back now.

I missed my delivery for fedex from Sony direct. I put a fedex release authorization on my front door and they rejected it and change delivery date to 11/17....they screw me up and I called Sony and they said they can’t do anything about it. Fedex 800 number is closed today

All stores always do this, but there’s not a minimum quantity as defined by law. You’ll see products advertised and the reality is they only have a couple. I wouldn’t expect each store to have more than 10 or 20, but you never know.
I was just pointing out to the guy why they can't just sell him their stock for black Friday because he's ready to buy now.

It's funny seeing some the prices people are asking for the PS5 on Craigslist. You would have to be crazy to pay $1200.

I doubt it's worth it, Brickseek says the local Wal-Mart has 6+ XSX's in stock and I was in there yesterday and they had nothing. I'm guessing it's inventory for Black Friday

Best to meet at your bank and let the teller deposit the money before completing the exchange.
I like this idea. Will do next time I sell something online. Don’t want to use eBay again. Too many fees, scammers, etc. Also for some dumb reason they put a hold on my funds. Very annoying.

Lots of weird listings starting to pop up on FB marketplace ... people selling PS5s and Series X consoles for $450 or $500 with free shipping ... 99.99% sure these are scams. Watch out ... resellers may be meh but scammers are the worst.

Lots of weird listings starting to pop up on FB marketplace ... people selling PS5s and Series X consoles for $450 or $500 with free shipping ... 99.99% sure these are scams. Watch out ... resellers may be meh but scammers are the worst.
I trolled one the other night. When they say any amount of money and cash app/zelle only you are losing every bit of it. I feel for the parents/grandparents buying for their kids this way and some thief steals their money

I wonder what the scam is... like what do they do? Isn’t there seller protection on offer up and Facebook? I asked one of them but they never reply lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah clearly scams. No one would dare sell for Msrp. I sold my series x for $850 yesterday.

I wonder what the scam is... like what do they do? Isn’t there seller protection on offer up and Facebook? I asked one of them but they never reply lol.
People don't understand how these marketplaces work, you don't get paid until the item ships and it's confirmed to be the right item.

The other scam is you send them money outside of the marketplace, through Zelle or PayPal and they just never send you anything. People pay via friends and family so PayPal won't help you get your money back.

Queue is up at Sony Direct. Is it me or the trick previously shared to skip the queue (hit escape) doesn't work anymore.
It is not working. I have a PS5 in my cart still from last time. Been refreshing all morning and it is sitting there showing Out of Stock. Now I am in a queue. Ugh.

It is not working. I have a PS5 in my cart still from last time. Been refreshing all morning and it is sitting there showing Out of Stock. Now I am in a queue. Ugh.
I don't even think the noscript is working either, I get an error when I try and run it. So looks like they spent the weekend fixing it and now we're probably all fucked

My wait dropped to 28 mins... progress? Not getting my hopes up at all, but if they did fix the "backdoor" then maybe? No, that sounds like hope. I can't give in.

yes - tried that as well and no luck. Yup, now it's going to be another massive cluster with bots and scalpers getting the PS5s.

I don't even think the noscript is working either, I get an error when I try and run it. So looks like they spent the weekend fixing it and now we're probably all fucked

Did anyone use a HDMI 2.1 aka Ultra High Speed cable other than the one supplied? I eventually need to put the cable behind a wall and need 15' length. There's a couple out there and I wanted to see if anyone had success with a longer cable.

bread's done
Back