Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Now it's changed to "Find a Store" and when I click on it it says:

Store pickup is not available within 250 miles.

:wall:  :roll:  :dunce:  :dunce:  :dunce:  :dunce:

Keep trying eventually it will let you add it. They aren’t out of stock. It let me add it a second time to cart. Clearly I can’t checkout limit 1 per person.
Extremely doubtful. I have been trying every chance I've gotten, nearly 24 hours total of trying at this point, and the only order I've gotten is because a CAGer in BB digital orders placed an order at BB for me for XSX. None of my own personal efforts have been successful in three generations of console releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely doubtful. I have been trying every chance I've gotten, nearly 24 hours total of trying at this point, and the only order I've gotten is because a CAGer in BB digital orders placed an order at BB for me for XSX. None of my own personal efforts have been successful in the generations of console releases.
Use an iOS device. I always have the best luck with that browser. It’s very well optimized. Had the same message you said come up on launch. I would keep trying as they’re still releasing inventory.

for those that says no pickup within 250 miles keep updating location and eventually it may pop up a location. it did for me and already got confirmation email. 5min ago 

for those that says no pickup within 250 miles keep updating location and eventually it may pop up a location. it did for me and already got confirmation email. 5min ago
My pick up date is quoted as next Saturday nov 28th. When is your date?

I can see two locations that I can pickup a PS5 in a week but keep getting this message when I try to add it to cart. Any idea what to do?

This item is not in your cart yet.

Due to high demand, we're having everyone go through one more step before it can be added.

Please try again.
Keep trying I kept getting the same message and finally got one

LOL, tried to get an XSX for my oldest son.  After 10 minutes of add to cart not working, it finally added to cart, them immediately said OOS and removed it on next step.

I guess they are done selling PS5s.  It only ever says sold out, never gives me the please wait button.  I fucking hate these stores putting this stuff on sale in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping, and giving bots/scalpers optimum scenario for buying more units to scalp.

someone wake up this early can also be lucky
Put me in this category. I woke up at 5:30cst had to go to the bathroom. Picked up my phone and checked Best Buy app. The shop Black Friday sales popped up and of course I checked video games first. PlayStation 5 was at the top so I clicked that and finally got one.

PlayStation 5 is back to add to cart, but only ever get this...

Due to high demand, we're having everyone go through one more step before it can be added.

Please try again.

PlayStation 5 is back to add to cart, but only ever get this...

Please try again.
Keep trying...took me a whole 30min. Almost gave up

Just got a series x. I was logged into mobile , safari, and mobile chrome.

Once I logged into safari I still got errors, but I was able to add to the cart in the mobile app. $280 after using reward cents that I’ve been saving all year.

Just got a series x. I was logged into mobile , safari, and mobile chrome.

Once I logged into safari I still got errors, but I was able to add to the cart in the mobile app. $280 after using reward cents that I’ve been saving all year.
When is your pick up date mine is next Saturday

Finally got it in cart, and now it's immediately stuck on a screen saying it's no longer available at the store I selected with no other options for pickup.

Well, was able to get an XSX for the kids for Christmas, but that meant removing the PS5 from my cart since it was out of stock at all nearby locations anyway.  I'll try the PS5 again later.

Hah, somehow I was just able to add a PS5 to my cart again but just like last time, it's still showing OOS within 250 miles so I can't progress the order.

I guess they are done selling PS5s. It only ever says sold out, never gives me the please wait button. I fucking hate these stores putting this stuff on sale in the middle of the night when most people are sleeping, and giving bots/scalpers optimum scenario for buying more units to scalp.
You do realize that putting it on sale in the middle of the day would result in you having exponentially less of a chance of getting one, right?

You do realize that putting it on sale in the middle of the day would result in you having exponentially less of a chance of getting one, right?
No, because there's no value for chance of less than 0, and putting it on sale while I am asleep = 0 chance of me buying one.

There's been zero change in PS5 ability to add to cart and zero change in stock values within 250 miles for a long while now, so I'm calling it quits.  Have work to do.  Ah well, as I've said before, if PlayStation wanted me to have one, they'd have planned this shit out better.

If I didn't stay up until 3am to get the PS5 on Best Buy I would be up at 5am which is when I normally wake up. I woke up late today.

The universe just doesn't want me to get one it seems.

I wouldn't be surprised if, after BF sales are over, you don't see any more stock for any of the new consoles until January, when the scalpers are forced to return what they have left or face potentially losing money on their remaining stock.

I wouldn't be surprised if, after BF sales are over, you don't see any more stock for any of the new consoles until January, when the scalpers are forced to return what they have left or face potentially losing money on their remaining stock.
If there is no stock after BF, then it is the time for the scalpers to shine because only they have those consoles.

If you pray, maybe you'll get one

Why would scalpers face potentially losing money when they are selling for double retail right now? This makes no sense.

Well turned my phone to silent bcoz of stupid wario64 tweets every few mins,
If I was only subscribed to ps5 alerts on Twitter should have got 1 ps5. Well next time, try try again

Why would scalpers face potentially losing money when they are selling for double retail right now? This makes no sense.
At some point they won't sell for double anymore (and will begin approaching retail price) because they will be readily available at stores, which often happens at some point between December and March it seemed for past generations.

At some point they won't sell for double anymore (and will begin approaching retail price) because they will be readily available at stores, which often happens at some point between December and March it seemed for past generations.
MS has already said it's not going to be until April the XSX is widely available. I'm guessing PS5 will be the same or worse.

Tbalt’s proposed scenario: Scalpers still have units on hand when retailers are supplied with units to sell at MSRP, so scalpers will no longer be able to sell for more than retail.

MS has already said it's not going to be until April the XSX is widely available. I'm guessing PS5 will be the same or worse.
Maybe, maybe not, it feels like there's been a much better supply (and corresponding demand) for the PS5, but I could be wrong. Time will tell. Either way, I'm all for anything that results in scalpers losing out on additional profits. fuck scalpers. I wouldn't piss on them to put them out if they caught fire.

Regardless, I was speaking of a hypothetical. We won't know for sure until then.

Maybe, maybe not, it feels like there's been a much better supply (and corresponding demand) for the PS5, but I could be wrong. Time will tell. Either way, I'm all for anything that results in scalpers losing out on additional profits. fuck scalpers. I wouldn't piss on them to put them out if they caught fire.
If there was more demand for PS5 being met, they wouldn't be selling for $200-$300 more than XSX.

So the 55” Sony X900H is down to $919 at Costco with included 5 year warranty but it’s OOS for shipping and you can’t check to see if your local store still has it.

Here's my dream scenario for scalpers:

Sell a bunch of PS5s on ebay at ridiculous prices right now

Buyer waits 4-5 months and files a chargeback/item not as described, and just buys a console at MSRP to return

Scalper loses all profit, plus probably has to pay S&H fees, and their ebay accounts are ruined due to excessive returns

I'm an a-hole but I don't care

I just got the an email from Kohl’s with my $180 Kohl’s cash (not valid until 11/28).

Kohl’s director of web sales: Did we sell all 1,000 PS5 bundles as quickly as expected?

Kohl’s hourly employee: Yep, we sold over one milli... wait, did you say one thousand?

Yep, got that email and then the cancellation email right behind it. Great part is that I kept refreshing BB until about 4 AM my time and then went to sleep, with no luck. Hunt continues.

I just got the an email from Kohl’s with my $180 Kohl’s cash (not valid until 11/28).

Kohl’s director of web sales: Did we sell all 1,000 PS5 bundles as quickly as expected?

Kohl’s hourly employee: Yep, we sold over one milli... wait, did you say one thousand?

Your Kohl’s got canceled? Anyone else get canceled?
Just got mine cancelled right now. Ordered mine about 10:12PM PST. Only ordered one. Predicted this was going to happen. No way the PS5 listing was gonna last an hour.

Just got my Kohl’s cash email. Let’s see if I get a cancellation email too...

Edit; I think I ordered right when they went live though. We’ll see.

There's going to be a lot of free kohl's cash being spent. Bet most of the good stuff will be sold out.

Somehow, my extra dualsense and charge station order is still in fulfillment. Kinda puzzled.

Damn, pending charges on my credit card and the Kohl’s cash confirmation. Thought I was in the clear. Guess it’s going to be a stressful few days to see if I actually get a shipping confirmation.

Do you really get to keep the kohls cash if they cancel your order?
No chance.

When you return stuff to Kohl's and you have Kohl's cash from the purchase, it just voids out the old Kohl's cash you had. Sure you can have the physical paper and try to use it at the store, but as soon as they scan it, it will tell them it's invalid and I'm sure it says why too.

It's all done electronically so just because you have the email now doesn't mean it's going to work on the 28th when it starts being valid.

bread's done
Back