Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Kind of off topic but i want to buy the Sony x900h tv for my PS5 but everywhere is sold out except amazon. Should i buy now or wait and see if it goes even cheaper on black friday? Also is the $93 extended 3 year warranty from amazon any good or worth buying?
Do you have a Costco membership? They have the 90ch which is the same tv.

Kind of off topic but i want to buy the Sony x900h tv for my PS5 but everywhere is sold out except amazon. Should i buy now or wait and see if it goes even cheaper on black friday? Also is the $93 extended 3 year warranty from amazon any good or worth buying?
I got one off of Amazon. It was delivered yesterday. Didn't end up getting the warranty. Went with amazon because I get 5% back with their credit card. Unfortunately won't be able to set it up since I'm moving in a couple weeks. But at least the new firmware update will be out by then. Kinda wanted to hold off for the 2021 models but needed a TV now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one off of Amazon. It was delivered yesterday. Didn't end up getting the warranty. Went with amazon because I get 5% back with their credit card. Unfortunately won't be able to set it up since I'm moving in a couple weeks. But at least the new firmware update will be out by then. Kinda wanted to hold off for the 2021 models but needed a TV now.
Yeah im using a 1080p samsung that i bought in 2007, but its been turning off/on whenever there is a bright flash so i dont really want to wait until 2021 models come out or even sales around superbowl time.

Amazon says i can return it until January 31st plus the sony 1 year warranty has me thinking skip the extended warranty. If it doesnt break within a year i think it should be good for a while especially how often id be using it.

Costco order finally shipped as well! It's sounding like the notifications are going out in the last 24 hours but there's seriously a chance your order may have been physically shipped long before you receive notification

Best Buy has the 65" in stock at $969 for My Best Buy members (which is free). That's about the lowest I've seen.

They released a new one to fix it. People in Germany are getting it.

I have this TV. Haven’t had any issues with HDMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still supports some sort of hybrid hdmi 2.1 formate but just about all the 2020s are doing the same which is why I still recommend waiting.

Just an FYI if your state has Meijer stores it might be worth checking for the Dualsense charging station. The one I went to had one left that I grabbed.

Looks like costco got the 55" back in stock so i grabbed that with the free 5 year warranty. I wasnt a member so i had to pay like 45 dollars extra but worth it compared to other places who charge more for warranty and have less years on it. Hopefully not being a member doesnt effect the warranty or easy returns.

Looks like costco got the 55" back in stock so i grabbed that with the free 5 year warranty. I wasnt a member so i had to pay like 45 dollars extra but worth it compared to other places who charge more for warranty and have less years on it. Hopefully not being a member doesnt effect the warranty or easy returns.
Did the app or website show them instock at the store? I called on Monday and my store told me there were none available in my area but there were like 130 in the online warehouse even though that showed OOS this whole time on both the app and website.

Did the app or website show them instock at the store? I called on Monday and my store told me there were none available in my area but there were like 130 in the online warehouse even though that showed OOS this whole time on both the app and website.
The website shows available to add to cart and getit by monday in my area. It was sold out earlier today and yesterday. Idk if that means my local store has any.

Stay glued to amazon page for that tv at screen size you like, I sniped this tv from warehouse deals at an amazing price, said it was only acceptable but came brand new

I just picked up some stuff from Best Buy and the employee confirmed that they got XSX and PS5 on the truck today.  She couldn't confirm when they are going to sell them but she said it should be by or on Friday.  I know it's pretty obvious this was the case, but confirmed by a BB employee.

Stay glued to amazon page for that tv at screen size you like, I sniped this tv from warehouse deals at an amazing price, said it was only acceptable but came brand new
How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? I've had my eye on that one as well but was hoping to wait till it drops by a lot lol

MSRP, is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. It's the price that the manufacturer suggest a retail sale at to move products and make a profit. It is not a binding or legal contract, it is just a suggested price. So retailers, if they want can price items at more or even less than the MSRP. If MSRP is strictly enforced a retailer cannot mark down or have sales unless the manufacturer agree to lower their MSRP.

Also, since the items are itemized you can returned them to the store, YMMV if you get certain employees though.
Wait there's a good chance to return some of the items? I'd be happy if they take it even at 20% less value for each item. I only really want a few in the bundle.

Wait there's a good chance to return some of the items? I'd be happy if they take it even at 20% less value for each item. I only really want a few in the bundle.
I returned bundle items before at Gamestop. That was the only way I got my 500 Million PS4 Pro. I returned all the stuff I didn't want.

Playstation que has started.

About 1 min from when I posted. Showed 3min, now a hour but I'm sure I'm one of the first.

Edit: the que timed out and made me re click the not a robot. Probably just kicked me to the back of the line. Wow

Edit 2: que shows 17min for me currently. 

Playstation que has started.

About 1 min from when I posted. Showed 3min, now a hour but I'm sure I'm one of the first.
So, I don’t know how it works. I was in the queue for about a minute, then it took me back to the sold out product page, and I wasn’t logged in. I logged in, and I’m guessing I lost my place in line? Don’t know if it is possible to get back to the queue.

Queue started again. 52 minutes estimate for me, not as good as the 1 minute I had the first time, but I am actually logged in.

Edit: Changed to 19 minutes.

Queue started again. 52 minutes estimate for me, not as good as the 1 minute I had the first time, but I am actually logged in.

Edit: Changed to 19 minutes.
Mine says 12 mins...showed 36 mins a second ago....now shows 22 mins. Que might be screwed up.

Warning is up consoles are limited and may run out if in the que.

Best Buy shows open box available, but then says not available when you try to check out. 

I'm at 20 min. I doubt I'll get one but at least the timer isn't quickly winding down like last time so hopefully it's a good sign.

This always happens, its always popped up at least 30min after que starts. Shows oos at first
I am fortunate to already have a ps5...trying to get a second one to get rid of my unit coil whining. Will return or eBay that sucker. Nothing is otherwise wrong with it. Got one on Sunday for a Best Buy pickup but the order hasn’t been confirmed. Pretty sure it will get canceled as I bought my first ps5 there.

I am fortunate to already have a ps5...trying to get a second one to get rid of my unit coil whining. Will return or eBay that sucker. Nothing is otherwise wrong with it. Got one on Sunday for a Best Buy pickup but the order hasn’t been confirmed. Pretty sure it will get canceled as I bought my first ps5 there.
And that is why I’m not buying from a person

To anyone who gets through the queue and sees out of stock, that's how Sony's site always goes.

Stay on the product page and make sure to refresh it every couple of minutes, I know after five minutes of inactivity you get booted but not sure exactly how long, refreshing every two minutes works to keep you in.

Eventually it will change to Add to Cart and then the race is on. If you can, save your address and payment info before you get to that point to increase your chances. 

And that is why I’m not buying from a person
Your call. The unit isn’t defective, has never crashed, or had those memory errors. Also still has a 1 yr warranty.

Most people can’t even hear it and think I’m nuts for pointing it out. I’m just sensitive to the sound. I can even hear it on my Apple Watch from time to time.

I wonder why the timer fluctuates so much... I was down to 18 min and then back up to 45 min sometimes. It's not like people can cut in line (I hope lol)

I wonder why the timer fluctuates so much... I was down to 18 min and then back up to 45 min sometimes. It's not like people can cut in line (I hope lol)
I don’t think the time is a good indicator to where you are. Progress bar maybe. Wish they would push a message saying out of stock when it happens.

Queue is based on the number of people on the site, number of people waiting, and compared to an average time people spend on the site. Since people are hanging out longer than the usual time, it makes the queue estimates worthless and confuses the algorithm making it throw up forever changing times.

bread's done
Back