Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

What a silly statement. Meijer is an extremely popular store in the Midwest.
Really? I forgot they exist. Walked into one last year and the place was dead on a weekend. My local one hasn’t been updated in nearly 20 yrs. like walking into the early 2000s. Game section was reduced to a very small area and electronics/cds/movies nonexistent. Thought they were headed into bankruptcy...reminded me of kmart before it all went to shit.

This is the verbiage in the email they sent —>

Unfortunately, our credit and fraud avoidance team flagged this order as unusual, so we had to cancel. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Don't worry - you weren't charged for the order. Any temporary holds will be removed within 10 business days, in accordance with your bank's policy.

What's next? We recommend you double-check your payment information and then try placing a new order.
If you still have issues, you can learn more about canceled orders in our Help Center.
Again - our apologies,
Team Walmart
Order number 6022051-191484
Order date Wed, Nov 25, 2020

Total BULLSHIT

My money and card is GOOD no issues whatsoever ordering from Walmart.com. But me buying a PS5 is now suspicious activity?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfortunately, our credit and fraud avoidance team flagged this order as unusual, so we had to cancel. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Don't worry - you weren't charged for the order. Any temporary holds will be removed within 10 business days, in accordance with your bank's policy.

What's next? We recommend you double-check your payment information and then try placing a new order.
If you still have issues, you can learn more about canceled orders in our Help Center.
Again - our apologies,
Team Walmart

Total BULLSHIT

My money and card is GOOD no issues whatsoever ordering from Walmart.com. But me buying a PS5 is now suspicious activity?
Do they send you instructions to place a new order again? It happened to me as well when I ordered Mario Mario 8 bundle today.

Again - our apologies,
Team Walmart

Total BULLSHIT

That is super frustrating. So is this new world of online-only shopping. Sorry dude.

Question: are any retailers selling these online for “Black Friday?”

Thanks. I returned my SX and now plan on just gaming on PS5. Microsoft is the worst.

Question: are any retailers selling these online for “Black Friday?”

Thanks. I returned my SX and now plan on just gaming on PS5. Microsoft is the worst.
Loving my Series X here.

Getting a PS5 as well for exclusives and to be able to play PS4 games without the sound of a jet engine...

They wouldn’t let me upgrade Cold War for $10.

There is apparently a difference between the digital versions of “CoD Cold War” and “CoD Cold War Standard Edition.”

I was told I bought the substandard version; I thought “standard edition” implied “base game.”

Anyway. Customer experience was awful and I felt it was a greedy move on MS part. So for a few bucks they lost a longtime customer, advocate.

Returned it. Now going with PS5. My SX also kept shutting down randomly.

Happy for those of you who snagged one and enjoying it.

There is apparently a difference between the digital versions of “CoD Cold War” and “CoD Cold War Standard Edition.”

I was told I bought the substandard version; I thought “standard edition” implied “base game.”

Anyway. Customer experience was awful and I felt it was a greedy move on MS part. So for a few bucks they lost a longtime customer, advocate.

Their CS has been nothing but great to me. Sorry you had a bad experience. I wouldn’t judge a company based on one interaction but it’s your money. Do what makes you happy. I’ll keep gaming on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yeah apparently you can only upgrade for $10 on PlayStation, for Xbox you need to buy the $70 version from the get go

It was several interactions. In some instances, they would call me after a few hours and then disconnect, or send me to “sales” which was MS Azure sales ...

Felt the whole “standard edition” is different than “CoD Cold War” to be sketch. Left such a sour taste that I was done.

But to your point, to each their own.

For sure.

Anyway are any retailers selling PS5 online for BF? I tried searching but kept getting sent to clickbait websites that didn’t provide any actual info.

That sounds more like an issue on your end. If you bought the $60 version (the only purchasable version for Xbox One), you most certainly can upgrade to the SX version. Plus, if MS gave you a refund, you could have just bought the cross-gen version. No longtime customer of any brand is going to leave because of something like this. Not really sure what was greedy about it though. MS didn't choose to make the next-gen version $10, that's on Activision.

No you cannot, not unless the words “standard edition” are included. I honestly didn’t know the meaning of “standard edition” changed. It’s historically meant the base game.

I literally didn’t know there was a difference. Didn’t even notice the word missing. That’s some fine print BS, if you ask me. W/ PS5 I could have just purchased physical version and been fine.

Fanboys are so rabid to stick up for sketch biz practices.

No you cannot, not unless the words “standard edition” are included. I honestly didn’t know the meaning of “standard edition” changed. It’s historically meant the base game.

I literally didn’t know there was a difference. Didn’t even notice the word missing. That’s some fine print BS, if you ask me. W/ PS5 I could have just purchased physical version and been fine.

You’re not listening. Xbox has no control over this. They don’t make Call of Duty. They don’t name it, etc. Why would they let you upgrade it they can’t and it wasn’t their problem. You should have bought the game on Ps5 in the first place. Plus you got a refund. What else do you want? You’re on some Karen shit seriously. Take a breath.

You’re not listening. Xbox has no control over this. They don’t make Call of Duty. They don’t name it, etc. Why would they let you upgrade it they can’t and it wasn’t their problem. You should have bought the game on Ps5 in the first place. Plus you got a refund. What else do you want? You’re on some Karen shit seriously. Take a breath.

It’s their platform; I’m unsure how they have no control. Again, misleading to allow something to be sold sell as “standard edition” and something that isn’t. SE implies the base game. Maybe that’s changed with this console cycle?

It’s their platform; I’m unsure how they have no control. Again, misleading to sell something as “standard edition” as it implies the base game. Maybe that’s changed with this console cycle?
I’m sure the seller of the game details to the wha they want their product named on their platform. I mean really you should be mad at Activision like I’ve mentioned several times. Microsoft did their part. They refunded you your money. You could use that to buy the $70 version which effectively is the same as you upgrading.

Everybody is scummy, lets all agree there.

Heck, the fact that Target still sells the digital codes for NHL 20, which somebody will no doubt buy by accident, is a joke. All the confusion about NBA 2k is a joke (PS4/XB1 versions are $27 but don't include next-gen upgrade path, and the PS5/XBX are $70).

Also, just for an added hilarity... all of the GS near me have 2 PS5s, except 2 random ones that have 50 & 18. That's gotta be an error right? (those 2 aren't in particularly special areas either btw).

Everybody is scummy, lets all agree there.

Heck, the fact that Target still sells the digital codes for NHL 20, which somebody will no doubt buy by accident, is a joke. All the confusion about NBA 2k is a joke (PS4/XB1 versions are $27 but don't include next-gen upgrade path, and the PS5/XBX are $70).

Also, just for an added hilarity... all of the GS near me have 2 PS5s, except 2 random ones that have 50 & 18. That's gotta be an error right? (those 2 aren't in particularly special areas either btw).
Yeah it’s a damn mess. Publishers out here trying hard to bone everyone. I had to look up like 3 articles to figure out what Valhalla to get.

There are only 3 versions that you can actually buy digitally. One is the $60 X1 version that lets you upgrade to the cross-gen for $10 (it's why people were talking about the glitch of gifting the cross-gen bundle for $10), the other is the cross-gen bundle for $70 and then the ultimate edition for $90.

It sounds like you are talking about this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war/9p7pfh4rmfzd?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab&atc=true&cid=msft_web_search

You can't purchase that though, it's what you get for buying the $70 or $90 versions. So I am not sure how you weren't able to upgrade, other than user error.

It’s their platform; I’m unsure how they have no control. Again, misleading to allow something to be sold sell as “standard edition” and something that isn’t. SE implies the base game. Maybe that’s changed with this console cycle?
I’m not defending Microsoft but they are just a storefront. Activision named their products and their own rules for the insane upgrade system. They could have just made one game and given free upgrades like so many other publishers have done this cycle.

If you bought AC Valhalla, for instance, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. So it’s not like it wasn’t technically possible for Activision to do it.

I’m sure the seller of the game details to the wha they want their product named on their platform. I mean really you should be mad at Activision like I’ve mentioned several times. Microsoft did their part. They refunded you your money. You could use that to buy the $70 version which effectively is the same as you upgrading.

Heh. No. MS didn’t refund my money. That’s why I’m salty about the whole experience. Last refund I requested was maybe 2 years ago for a game that wouldn’t get past the title screen. It was $15.

Anyway. Didn’t want to derail this. It’s sketch. MS should have some standards as to what can or can’t be sold on its platform. It’s fine if you disagree with this. Moving forward now ..

Heh. No. MS didn’t refund my money. That’s why I’m salty about the whole experience. Last refund I requested was maybe 2 years ago for a game that wouldn’t get past the title screen. It was $15.

Anyway. Didn’t want to derail this. It’s sketch. MS should have some standards as to what can or can’t be sold on its platform. It’s fine if you disagree with this. Moving forward now ..
I’ve never had them deny me for a refund. Every story has 2 sides. We’re only hearing one. Good luck with whatever gaming console you choose to play on.

My Ps5 got banned from Sony because I help my friends claiming those ps collection games. And the ban is forever. What did I do wrong? All my friends' account are banned for 2 months. That is unacceptable. I was just trying to help my friends. That's why I am searching for another Ps5. But Sony direct still cancel my order for nothing. Maybe it is time to choose XSX for me. Really really a bad experience.

The Playstation Plus Collection can only be claimed on a PS5 and gives access to a bunch of games, they were logging in as multiple users on PS5 to claim the bonus.

My Ps5 got banned from Sony because I help my friends claiming those ps collection games. And the ban is forever. What did I do wrong? All my friends' account are banned for 2 months. That is unacceptable. I was just trying to help my friends. That's why I am searching for another Ps5. But Sony direct still cancel my order for nothing. Maybe it is time to choose XSX for me. Really really a bad experience.
Good

All that work to get games that are all like $5-$10 each now lol 😂

Bashing a guy for trying to help his friends out when most of them probably can not get a PS5 because of this bot and online ordering only b.s. SMH

Bashing a guy for trying to help his friends out when most of them probably can not get a PS5 because of this bot and online ordering only b.s. SMH
Doesn't sound like the issue is purchasing a PS5....it's that they are trying to get free games without purchasing a PS5.

Wow, I lucked out!! My Kohl’s order actually went through. Got a shipping email 5 days later!! I was able to get through PS Direct yesterday too!

Wow, I lucked out!! My Kohl’s order actually went through. Got a shipping email 5 days later!! I was able to get through PS Direct yesterday too!
Nice! How early did you get the order in? Kohl's kept me in limbo for a few days before cancelling :(. At least the wifey gets the $180 Kohl's cash though (please don't start an argument whether this will work or not).

Just checking am I still in the PS5 preorder thread?
This thread's been down so many ratholes, I've lost count. Some have been entertaining though :)

Seems like people were abusing it and selling access to get the games and there’s no way they can tell that you didn’t sell access so now everyone who did it gets banned
https://www.psu.com/news/report-multiple-psn-accounts-are-being-banned-for-selling-access-to-the-playstation-plus-collection-to-ps4-users/

bread's done
Back