Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

even with the "waiting for new stock" method they still oversold.

Mine is stuck on "there's a delay in getting your store pickup ready and we'll cancel on Friday if it's not ready by then"

So they don't have mine and it will likely be canceled
Both my Xbox and ps5 orders say their being prepared for pick up...pickup date is today. Assuming mine will change to that status soon too. Crazy they resold stock today at stores that haven’t filled older orders.

Both my Xbox and ps5 orders say their being prepared for pick up...pickup date is today. Assuming mine will change to that status soon too. Crazy they resold stock today at stores that haven’t filled older orders.
Ordered mine a week ago and said all week it was to be ready on Friday. At about 7pm Friday it changed to the "delayed" status

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered mine a week ago and said all week it was to be ready on Friday. At about 7pm Friday it changed to the "delayed" status
Yeah I’ve noticed if it’s not filled by midnight it’s usually delayed or will be canceled.

Just got an email from Costco about my order there. Had noticed that it hadn’t budged on UPS and sure enough, sounds like it will be late.

“Please Note: You may receive a ‘ship’ confirmation on your order but not see any movement or initial scan for 2 to 4 days. There’s no need to worry! Your order is secure and will move through the carrier’s network soon.”

Walmart is selling these in store now. YMMV but there is a lot of chatter of success since these are leftover stock after online orders have been fulfilled. Good luck.

Use brickseek

Walmart is selling these in store now. YMMV but there is a lot of chatter of success since these are leftover stock after online orders have been fulfilled. Good luck.

Use brickseek
Anyone have any luck with this? Brickseek shows a bunch in a few stores by me but I’d assume they are really for online pickup orders

Anyone have any luck with this? Brickseek shows a bunch in a few stores by me but I’d assume they are really for online pickup orders
Several stores within 20 miles of me showing 6+ in stock, but I am doubtful. I am about to take the family tree shopping nowhere near any of those Walmarts, so I wouldn’t be able to check anyway. Good luck everyone.

wtf best buy? BB is double charging me for the PS5 I ordered last week. I have 2 pending payments from them. Anyone else in similar sceneaio? Got the 2nd charge earlier today.

It is a problem since I am using my debit card. Even on a pending charge using your debit, banks holds the money until it clears or is removed.
Always use a CC for anything you preorder so it doesn’t hold your money hostage, and if something happens along the way you’re not stuck waiting in limbo for an investigation and your money being tied to.

Always use a CC for anything you preorder so it doesn’t hold your money hostage, and if something happens along the way you’re not stuck waiting in limbo for an investigation and your money being tied to.
Always use a credit card for anything, as long as you can pay it off. Might as well get some rewards or cash back out of it.

Yeah man why are you using a debit card!

Also, aside from the 1% or 5% cash back, there’s the extended warranty! When my Xbox One game drive 4tb crapped out, amex refunded me $100 with no issues.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, but Walmart had me replace my delayed release day preorder from September with a special Single Use listing that has a new delivery date a week before Christmas.  They only gave me a total of 48 hours to place this order in the email, so I was lucky I was checking that account due to my Series X order today at Best Buy or I would have missed it.

[attachment=34999:pS5 Preorder Part 2.png]

Just FYI for those that ordered from Walmart on 11/24 for instore pick up. Talked to a manager and they said pick up notifications will go out starting tomorrow with it going in alphabetical order.

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. Now the order says it’s till December 25.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EYhCP8s

fuck you Best Buy. If you didn’t have the PS5 you shouldn’t have sold the damn thing. You expect me to wait till December 25 just to see if you’ll cancel. This is ridiculous. I just want this to end.

Buy another one from who dude?  

Scalpers? Probably would have been better, but now those prices have sky rocketed.

The other stores with garbage online systems like PS Direct or Target? Those have already been stressful and extremely impossible for me.

Best Buy? I never want to deal with them ever again.

This has been stressful. Its for sure now waiting till summer 2021.

Scalpers? Probably would have been better, but now those prices have sky rocketed.

The other stores with garbage online systems like PS Direct or Target? Those have already been stressful and extremely impossible for me.

I mean buy another one from best buy when they do another drop and cancel the other one

Or wait. It's a console it doesn't matter

If it dosen't matter to you why are you on a gaming forum? Why are you even trying to buy one? Or are you one of those people buying them for "friends". 

Yes, buy another one from Best Buy so they can not fulfill that one too. That makes sense.

Scalpers? Probably would have been better, but now those prices have sky rocketed. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did more drops filling some before us or not filling those as well.

Hasn’t been canceled...I guess that’s a positive. Would be hella rude to string customers along and cancel in December. I’m in the same boat as you. Mine will for sure get delayed or canceled.

If it dosen't matter to you why are you on a gaming forum? Why are you even trying to buy one? Or are you one of those people buying them for "friends".

Yes, buy another one from Best Buy so they can not fulfill that one too. That makes sense.
you're taking buying a console immediately on launch to play 2, maybe 3, launch games very personally.

I don't need your shitty mocking. 

Oh boy you have a three year old. Maybe pay attention to them and not a video game fourm. 

Just got back from a Walmart in NJ. Word definitely got out. Prob about 20 people looking for a PS5 “having just dropped.”

As expected, they definitely have them in the back and they are for online orders.

Likely those that had success at walmart were supposed to be online orders that the employees put out. Or perhaps cancelled orders. However with reports of only single stores putting out a bunch, the former seems the reason. Those that have gotten ones in store may have just taken someone else's. Unfortunate

Likely those that had success at walmart were supposed to be online orders that the employees put out. Or perhaps cancelled orders. However with reports of only single stores putting out a bunch, the former seems the reason. Those that have gotten ones in store may have just taken someone else's. Unfortunate
Sony and Microsoft’s official stance is you won’t be able to walk in and buy a system till 2021. They want the orders to be done online only due to COVID. Most retails have respected that.

Personally think you’re right they were either cancellations or were mistakenly sold.

I picked up my console from BestBuy today, ordered on the 22nd and it was supposed to be ready for pickup tomorrow but it was ready today.

Yeah its pretty dumb to say "just order another one" from Best Buy. As if it's just an easy thing to do.

I'm ready to just go through a scalper but most of the resellers have move past the $800 range now. 

Yeah its pretty dumb to say "just order another one" from Best Buy. As if it's just an easy thing to do.

I'm ready to just go through a scalper but most of the resellers have move past the $800 range now.
Why do you -need- one? Just be patient, it's been 2 weeks since launch and I didn't even pre-order when they were first available, just keep an eye on this thread and you'll get one eventually. BestBuy and Wal-Mart are your best bets.

Why do you -need- one? Just be patient, it's been 2 weeks since launch and I didn't even pre-order when they were first available, just keep an eye on this thread and you'll get one eventually. BestBuy and Wal-Mart are your best bets.
Why did you get one? It's pretty easy to play this card when you already have one.

Best Buy and Walmart are not your "best bets".

Walmart's website is incredibly bad. And they seemingly can not stay consistent on anything.

Best Buy already screwed me over by waiting a week to say they don't actually have any and maybe we'll get around to canceling your order by Christmas.

PlayStation Direct is another service people claim is a best bet, but not when it randomly decides who gets one. "Oh you were there right when it started...please wait for hours for us to tell you no".

There are no best bets, beyond simply playing scalpers or these people supposedly buying them for thier "friends".

bread's done
Back