Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

The PS5 is different beast. Sony has been short changing Europe. I think we've been getting the majority of the stock, that has to change at some point but we'll see. If restocks continue at the pace they were this past week, People will just wait it out. But I still think at least until February, it will be profitable to flip.
Agreed. Returns will be minimal. Stock has yet to last longer than 5 minutes anywhere at all. It is still VERY difficult to acquire one. The demand far outpaces the supply.

The seller ships to other countries. Some countries are dealing with severe stock issues. He also wasn't those lowball, no feedback accounts looking to scam people. So I'm thinking it's a legitimate sale. 

So the PS5 I received from Direct had a invoice inside the shipping box that showed November 1st. I could tell it hadn't been opened since it was packed at the factory. I ordered on Dec 17th. It took a month and half for it to reach Sony direct. And that was by air supposedly. If true their not flying them over anymore, I wonder how that will effect restocks. 

Sold listings doesn’t mean money actually changes hands.
Exactly a common eBay scam is over bid an item and not pay. Then the item will go to the next highest bidder which is really low in value. The hope is the seller is dumb enough to fall for the scam. Ultimately you can cancel, delist, or not sell the item for any reason. For instance I had a total scammer do this to me and I refused to sell. I told them not to even bother paying as I was canceling the sale.

Exactly a common eBay scam is over bid an item and not pay. Then the item will go to the next highest bidder which is really low in value. The hope is the seller is dumb enough to fall for the scam. Ultimately you can cancel, delist, or not sell the item for any reason. For instance I had a total scammer do this to me and I refused to sell. I told them not to even bother paying as I was canceling the sale.
The auction doesn’t go to the next highest bidder. If the winning bidder doesn’t pay the seller has to relist them item

The auction doesn’t go to the next highest bidder. If the winning bidder doesn’t pay the seller has to relist them item
I think I confused myself. It would the buyer retracts their bid at the last second. It’s happened to me with iPhones. You’re likely right mate!

That's not always true. You can offer to the next highest bidder.
Yeah but he’s right who would do such a thing....although I think it’s a setting to automatically do it. I for sure have had that scam happen to me when selling my old iPhones. I tell the scammer to fuck off.

I traded my PS5 Disc with a used Immortals Fenyx Rising for a Series X with an extra Series X controller and $200. The guy was really nice but told me he already has a buyer for it. The Costco receipt shows $591 and he gave me $200 which means he is at least making $100 but most likely $200 since he ended up paying $791 for that PS5 and game. So the buyer is paying him $900 or $1000. He also drove like an hour to meet me. I live in OC and he is in LA so obviously, it's still selling there at least. I had mine listed for $825 for 2 days and wasn't really getting any serious offers. Best was $750. The PS5 is still selling for high prices whether you want to admit it or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
If ebay cancels the highest bid last second, then yes, The previous bidder not only is the current leader but it wipes the complete history of the bid amount so lets say the guy who had $900 as the leader gets removed the second highest who bid up to $890 goes down to whatever the the bidder before him had as his highest bid amount which could be anything( could be something like $200). I can see how someone can scam the system doing this. 

After the auction ends, your given the option to sell to any of the other bidders at their highest bid amount before the person above them started making bids.

Prices are still too high on Ebay. Most of the digital edition PS5's are going for around a $1000. The disc based PS5's are around $1500.
Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but I see at least 50-75 disc versions (if not more) on eBay for buy it now under $850

Not sure what you are looking at.

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but I see at least 50-75 disc versions (if not more) on eBay for buy it now under $850

Not sure what you are looking at.
850-900 is the going rate. Also, Xsx aren’t profitable on eBay after fees/shipping now. No idea why people are still selling them.

850-900 is the going rate. Also, Xsx aren’t profitable on eBay after fees/shipping now. No idea why people are still selling them.
Because they’re yokels who bought them in stores thinking they’ll strike it rich flipping vidya game consoles. Hope their time and effort is worth the 40 bucks they’ll profit.

Was able to help a coworker out and saved his Christmas with a PS5. His wife got scammed in some group that claimed they could secure everyone ps5s for Christmas and of course they didn’t come through. Luckily he messaged me asking if i had any leads on one and my JAN 9th delivery order from Walmart was literally at my door. It’s for their son who a few months ago got hit by a car riding his bike and miraculously made a full recovery after doctors had to induce him into coma and didn’t think he would make it so I’m really glad I got to help and make their Christmas

Was able to help a coworker out and saved his Christmas with a PS5. His wife got scammed in some group that claimed they could secure everyone ps5s for Christmas and of course they didn’t come through. Luckily he messaged me asking if i had any leads on one and my JAN 9th delivery order from Walmart was literally at my door. It’s for their son who a few months ago got hit by a car riding his bike and miraculously made a full recovery after doctors had to induce him into coma and didn’t think he would make it so I’m really glad I got to help and make their Christmas
glad to hear a ps5 saved their christmas

Way to go...good man sir!!!

Heads up. I contacted CS about my 12/15 Walmart order and they said my ps5 ships on 12/27. A bunch of other people on reddit got the same date.

Keep checking the dates. My Series X(ordered the 17th 12:01 PM PST) was first scheduled to be delivered the 26th but then was changed to the 29th and then back to the 26th again. I am assuming we all all referring to Walmart.

I don’t remember if I was the second or third group. Time to check my wife’s account and take a look. Mine was canceled. Thanks a lot, Walmart. Good thing I ordered 2 though (one on my account, one on hers).

I don’t remember if I was the second or third group. Time to check my wife’s account and take a look. Mine was canceled. Thanks a lot, Walmart. Good thing I ordered 2 though (one on my account, one on hers).
Did you already purchase a next gen system from them before because if so it seems they are flagging people who are buying multiples.

Did you already purchase a next gen system from them before because if so it seems they are flagging people who are buying multiples.
Nope. Walmart is just the worst. They flagged mine as possible fraud. 2 phone calls and a chat later and no explanation or resolution. I hate that store with a passion.

This is awesome! I don't really post on here much but I had to because you did a great thing by making another family's Christmas special.

My Walmart PS5 order still shows as open though it isn't set to arrive until the 15th.
Get on the chat on the website and have them call you. I asked about my order and the next day it shipped out. Coincidence maybe but it's worth a shot.

Been on Xbox my entire life and decided to also pick up a PS5 this generation (first since PS1) and really enjoying it! Spider-man is an absolute blast and now I'm getting to experience TLOU. Also picked up MLB 20 for $10 since it's been years that I've played a baseball game. Really enjoying both next-gen consoles. 

Is Sony even making more PS5s? Have they said anything? Right now its looking like an Ebay exclusive until Q2 2021.

Is Sony even making more PS5s? Have they said anything? Right now its looking like an Ebay exclusive until Q2 2021.
By all means I mean this as a legitimate question... is there any reason to own a PS5 now besides to play PS4 games a little smoother and quicker? I have had several opportunities to get one through preorder phases and all, and yet I keep talking myself out of it until v2 or at least a holiday bundle and lots of firmware updates. Then by then hopefully a 2TB HD is standard.

My 12/15 order arrived today. Walmart marked it shipped last week but between Walmart and FedEx, three different pages with three different arrival dates. Right on time for my birthday tomorrow though!

By all means I mean this as a legitimate question... is there any reason to own a PS5 now besides to play PS4 games a little smoother and quicker? I have had several opportunities to get one through preorder phases and all, and yet I keep talking myself out of it until v2 or at least a holiday bundle and lots of firmware updates. Then by then hopefully a 2TB HD is standard.
To be honest, the one game I want to play right now is Cyberpunk but owning a base PS4, I just don't want to experience it that way. I don't mind upgrading my HDD. I've done it for my PS3 and PS4 anyway. Both are the launch models. Still running.

It depends on what you're into and what else you have. I have a high end gaming PC, so I don't need it for 3rd party games. If I didn't, then I'd be playing all of the new 3rd party titles on PS5. Then there's exclusives (Demon's Souls and Mile Morales, for instance). And then there are PS4 games that are upgraded or stabilized, and I have a long list of those to go through. But those are my use cases. Everyone will have their own.

It depends on what you're into and what else you have. I have a high end gaming PC, so I don't need it for 3rd party games. If I didn't, then I'd be playing all of the new 3rd party titles on PS5. Then there's exclusives (Demon's Souls and Mile Morales, for instance). And then there are PS4 games that are upgraded or stabilized, and I have a long list of those to go through. But those are my use cases. Everyone will have their own.
Miles Morales is not a PS5 exclusive. I can't believe there are still people that think that.

I was able to get one as well.  I wanted a Digital Edition but they only had the regular...this will work. FINALLY!

I happened to go to the store with 16 seconds before queue started, got extremely lucky! Thanks for the heads-up though!

Well, they're gone now. I thought I had lucked out; I happened to jump on the queue the minute it went up. I didn't know about the new waiting room system, though, so when the queue went live, I never got close. And here I thought that it might be a little less demand after the holiday. Oh, well, more fool me.

When do people figure that the new consoles will be available in stores for normal purchasing? Spring, or even later?

Well, they're gone now. I thought I had lucked out; I happened to jump on the queue the minute it went up. I didn't know about the new waiting room system, though, so when the queue went live, I never got close. And here I thought that it might be a little less demand after the holiday. Oh, well, more fool me.

When do people figure that the new consoles will be available in stores for normal purchasing? Spring, or even later?
I would think demand is down some just from it being after Christmas, hopefully, making scalpers less interested. I don't think you'll be able to get them in most stores until online stock and availability increases a good amount. Hopefully, over the next month or at most two.

Most stores don't want to carry it because they don't want large gatherings due to COVID. New generation hype, manufacturing slowness/complications (probably due to COVID), higher than expected demand (probably due to more people playing games than usual...again COVID related), and bots/scalpers buying up a good chunk of the stock has made this the perfect shit storm. Same thing is happening with computer video cards and processors.

Haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I got my Gamestop PS5 bundle delivered today.  Well everything except the NBA game.

Very pleasant surprise since my understanding was it wouldn't be delivered until Jan 5th.

bread's done
Back