Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Not trying to get into this beef, but...what exactly is it you only want factory sealed for? Does COD CW come with a voucher code? If not, take the game exchange. Odds are you’re still getting a perfectly mint disc.
I mean I think that gamestop selling a used game as new is shitty business and should be called out. It's not that he NEEDS a factory sealed copy, but it is what he paid for and that's what he should get.

I mean I think that gamestop selling a used game as new is shitty business and should be called out. It's not that he NEEDS a factory sealed copy, but it is what he paid for and that's what he should get.
Yeah total bs. Also the associates are allowed to play these open copies to give their opinion on games. They should be sold used. No clue why they don’t just use printed boxes on the shelf. They break copy right laws anyways when they do their own reprinted labels.

Yeah total bs. Also the associates are allowed to play these open copies to give their opinion on games. They should be sold used. No clue why they don’t just use printed boxes on the shelf. They break copy right laws anyways when they do their own reprinted labels.
Agreed. Selling gutted copies as new was always sleezy...but if the customer was fine with it, then whatever.

I bought Slay the Spire on Switch a year ago and it was gutted and the last copy. They told me it was never used. That was a lie since l tried to redeem the Nintendo Gold Coins and it said it was already redeemed, as opposed to expired.

I mean I get it..but what’s the best they do? Take it back with a gift card in return and send him on his way to another local store that might have a factory sealed copy, or tell him, “sorry, you’re SOL. Take the copy or leave it.”?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Selling gutted copies as new was always sleezy...but if the customer was fine with it, then whatever.

I bought Slay the Spire on Switch a year ago and it was gutted and the last copy. They told me it was never used. That was a lie since l tried to redeem the Nintendo Gold Coins and it said it was already redeemed, as opposed to expired.
Ya that would piss me off too. If the game is gutted, at least have the vouchers work. Every game I’ve purchased from them have had functioning vouchers. That was a sleazy employee for sure.

Huh. So either they also had an pre-owned copy and the clerk grabbed the "wrong one" or some clever clerk figured out they could rack up a ton of eShop credit by stealing the gold coins from these "new" games.

Sorry..I guess I used the wrong word
I am just trying to do that exchange...not returning...I just got the bundle last week. I am not a sport guy and that is why I exchange the NBA with call of dut. I prefer factory sealed.
You are certainly entitled to get a factory sealed game. But if I had the game I wanted to play on the console I wanted to play it on...
Well then, I would just open dat sum bitch and start playing it. Enjoy the game man! And get over yourself!

I mean I get it..but what’s the best they do? Take it back with a gift card in return and send him on his way to another local store that might have a factory sealed copy, or tell him, “sorry, you’re SOL. Take the copy or leave it.”?
I hear you, but I think the "best" they could do is not open the copies to begin with. If no one complains about it then nothing will ever change. Also if they don't have a sealed copy of call of duty and the was actually their last copy then they are doing something wrong because that should be a well stocked game.

I too have gotten "new" switch games that were gutted and had the coins redeemed. After that I started refusing the opened copies, a couple times they have swapped it for a sealed one, other times it is actually their last copy. My solution to all of this has just been to take my business elsewhere honestly. Never gotten an opened new game from Best Buy, Amazon, or Target!

I hear you, but I think the "best" they could do is not open the copies to begin with. If no one complains about it then nothing will ever change. Also if they don't have a sealed copy of call of duty and the was actually their last copy then they are doing something wrong because that should be a well stocked game.

I too have gotten "new" switch games that were gutted and had the coins redeemed. After that I started refusing the opened copies, a couple times they have swapped it for a sealed one, other times it is actually their last copy. My solution to all of this has just been to take my business elsewhere honestly. Never gotten an opened new game from Best Buy, Amazon, or Target!
And is fully agree with all of this! 🤙🏻

You are certainly entitled to get a factory sealed game. But if I had the game I wanted to play on the console I wanted to play it on...
Well then, I would just open dat sum bitch and start playing it. Enjoy the game man! And get over yourself!

Thank you very much!!! I check their inventory yesterday and they have more than 4 in stock at my local GameStop. They just gave that resealed one to my wife. I guess I am unlucky

Yup, that's the right approach. I admit I've taken open "new" copies from GS, but only when it's the last copy, and because I can't be bothered to go anywhere else for it.

I understand folks who would be frustrated with codes being used up on a new copy. That would stink.

I stopped buying from GS some time ago. Not because of these issues, but just because the deals are better elsewhere, and with them largely having moved past the older generations, I have no more reason to shop there.

Same I do get Gamestop used when it's cheap or somethin, but not as common for me anymore. I have bought Gamestop new as well, but knew it in advance, since I rarely order from Gamestop online. I stopped buying Gamefly used as well when I got a very beaten up copy of Tomb Raider Definitive for PS4. It somehow ran, but it was junked out. I could have sent it back, but it was very cheap.

I do want one, but the other part is finally getting one. I’ve waited this long so I can wait longer but it’s frustrating I can’t get one if that makes sense haha
I'm in the same boat, brother. Unfortunately I'm at a tremendous disadvantage when it comes to most drops because I work on weekdays when most of them happen so I can't be on my phone long enough. I really don't expect to have one before the summer.

Feels more and more every day like I'm gonna be looking for a scalper. This is frustrating.
I'm thinking with the stimulus checks, the additional stimulus checks, and tax refund season it's going to be a while before I get one. I won't give a scalper business though, I'll just have to try to be patient.

I'm thinking with the stimulus checks, the additional stimulus checks, and tax refund season it's going to be a while before I get one. I won't give a scalper business though, I'll just have to try to be patient.
Unfortunately for me my ps4 is my original launch console and the fan is constantly running so its probably on its way out. I'm not trying to buy a new ps4 when it's on the way out so a scalper is my only shot

Unfortunately for me my ps4 is my original launch console and the fan is constantly running so its probably on its way out. I'm not trying to buy a new ps4 when it's on the way out so a scalper is my only shot
you can find a used ps4 pro for low $200s and sell it for your money back if not all. I personally can wait on a ps5 until there's actually a bunch of exclusives and by that time I'm sure the scalping will be over.

Edit: sold to a local cag
I have an extra ps5 bundle from GameStop that includes spidey, demons souls and extra dualsense controller for $710+tax in central NJ. Would rather sell to a CAG for msrp than return.

Had it in my cart on Amazon and sold out. Dirtbag resellers ruin it for everyone.
Not everyone buying a ps5 is a reseller. They’re probably in the minority at this point. Not a whole lot of money reselling consoles at this point.

Best Buy’s system is dog shit. I hit the site right when they dropped em in both the app and my browser. Had waiting for inventory for about 15 minutes, then came in stock and none available for 250 miles. Shit is stupid lol

Need-Help-BB.jpg

Do you need some help?

And they just removed it from my cart, so I guess that's it...so much for getting one for my kid anytime soon.

Walmart will be soon with announced times. No point in even tring them.

3pm not sure if xbox and ps5 at that time or what.

Apparently I got lucky and bagged one this morning from Best Buy. Was hoping for the disc version but settled for the digital. Pickup in about a week but beggars can't be chosers, right?

PS5s on Gamestop's website are officially out of stock now. The console itself says unavailable and the bundles have been delisted.

I couldn't even get the buy button to turn yellow. Didnt even come close.
Yeah I got extremely lucky! Took almost an hour to complete the transaction. Came close to just giving up several times but I stuck with it.

For those of you with Twitter I wholeheartedly recommend following Jake Randall, his livestream kept me going

bread's done
Back