Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Definitely want the disc-based version, and happy to wait until these are readily available, which I would expect to be around the summer. 

Digital version makes zero sense to me given it would close out the BC function.  I would imagine most PS5 buyers are also PS4 owners who are already living in the PlayStation ecosystem.

Definitely want the disc-based version, and happy to wait until these are readily available, which I would expect to be around the summer.

Digital version makes zero sense to me given it would close out the BC function. I would imagine most PS5 buyers are also PS4 owners who are already living in the PlayStation ecosystem.
Nah man In April you’ll be able to get these with some ease. This console launch reminds me of the ps2’s demand which was unreal. By April if you were determined you could get one. By summer they’ll be all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital version makes zero sense to me given it would close out the BC function. I would imagine most PS5 buyers are also PS4 owners who are already living in the PlayStation ecosystem.
Google search turns this up:

"The PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 software, so this means both physical and digital software will work on the next-gen system. Assuming you're using the same PSN account on PS5, you will have access to all of your PS4 purchases from the PlayStation Store."

"The PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 software, so this means both physical and digital software will work on the next-gen system. Assuming you're using the same PSN account on PS5, you will have access to all of your PS4 purchases from the PlayStation Store."
he clearly means he has physical PS4 games he doesn’t want to have to rebuy in order to play on a digital ps5.

Nah man In April you’ll be able to get these with some ease. This console launch reminds me of the ps2’s demand which was unreal. By April if you were determined you could get one. By summer they’ll be all over the place.
I saw somewhere where they forecasted to have around 28 million produced by the end of year. That's still not enough to meet the current demand.

he clearly means he has physical PS4 games he doesn’t want to have to rebuy in order to play on a digital ps5.
I don't feel it was all that clear at all, to me it seemed like someone who didn't realize that digital games (which I'm pretty sure most people also have a pretty sizeable library of) were downloadable on the digital console.

My bad if I really did misunderstand his point

Agree with this. Hard to transition someone from disc to digital. To make the discless version of the PS5 viable, you basically would have to have been mostly digital on PS4. Being the CAGs that we are, I’m betting most here have a large percentage (if not the vast majority) of PS4 games on disc. For the most part, most crazy deals and glitches are on physical games.

If it wasn't clear, I meant for my physical PS4 games. I do not buy digital games, and never will.

If it wasn't clear, I meant for my physical PS4 games. I do not buy digital games, and never will.
Can’t blame you man. You get a better bang for your bucks with physical games. Discounts are way steeper and you keep it for life. Hopefully one day in store digital game cards will get the same deals. It’s an inevitability that disc rive will go away in time.

Fair enough, my mistake.

In the past I agreed with your viewpoint but since the PS4 came out the vast majority of my library has been digital. Once the install became the same size as the download I stopped really caring which way I got my games. I only have 5 discs for PS4, so at least it'll still get occasional use

maybe because I come from gaming in the early 90's.  I prefer physical.  I like looking at my game collection, I can let friends and family borrow when I'm finished and also I can trade in if I don't like the game.

I entered that Newegg drawing for the digital edition, I didn't get selected to buy one, but the more I thought about it, I think digital edition would work for me.  I have enough stuff taking up space at this point.  The main drawback would be not being able to play my PS4 discs on it, but I'm not getting rid of that system.  I have enough of a digital backlog to hold me over and many games in both formats thanks to PS+.  If both were readily available, I'd get the version with the disc drive, but the digital edition is probably more than enough for me.  Of course, I can't find either one right now, so it's a moot point.

I entered that Newegg drawing for the digital edition, I didn't get selected to buy one, but the more I thought about it, I think digital edition would work for me. I have enough stuff taking up space at this point. The main drawback would be not being able to play my PS4 discs on it, but I'm not getting rid of that system. I have enough of a digital backlog to hold me over and many games in both formats thanks to PS+. If both were readily available, I'd get the version with the disc drive, but the digital edition is probably more than enough for me. Of course, I can't find either one right now, so it's a moot point.
I tell you man, Jake Randall is a great follow. He seems to have "sources" who tell him roughly when drops are going to happen and he does livestreams roughly around that time. I know for a fact that I would have given up yesterday without him.

I noticed for the first time, it showed shipping as an option for the ps5 consoles and bundles at Best Buy, but it still made me try to find a store. did anyone get a console for shipping? or was it always shown as an option and i just didnt notice it before?

I noticed for the first time, it showed shipping as an option for the ps5 consoles and bundles at Best Buy, but it still made me try to find a store. did anyone get a console for shipping? or was it always shown as an option and i just didnt notice it before?
I got one for shipping! I don't know whether it was an option at first - I assumed it was still store pickup only and was hurrying through. I was discouraged when I got the verification code entered and there were none available at the only local BB, but it dumped me out to the cart where it let me choose shipping. Supposed to arrive on Wednesday.

I got one for shipping! I don't know whether it was an option at first - I assumed it was still store pickup only and was hurrying through. I was discouraged when I got the verification code entered and there were none available at the only local BB, but it dumped me out to the cart where it let me choose shipping. Supposed to arrive on Wednesday.
thanks for responding, this gives me some hope, as i can never get one for pickup locally. if they start shipping these I might actually have a chance.

Gamestop is your best bet, usually their bundles last 30 minutes to a hour. The expensive $650 Xbox Series X bundle lasted 15+ hours.

You are incorrect I had twenty or so minutes to decide. I cannot prove that but I am sure someone else can confirm.
technically he is right, they tweeted it out well after it was first available though. however i seem to have some cart error on gamestop and cant even access it.

technically he is right, they tweeted it out well after it was available though. however i seem to have some cart error on gamestop and cant even access it.
Logout clear your cookies add something to your cart while logged out then log back in. I would argue he was wrong either way since it wasn't sold out just not available but such details are unimportant. What is important is that Gamestop bundles stay in stock for a long time making them easily purchased. Might have a additional cost of $210 but makes the hunt so much easier.

Logout clear your cookies add something to your cart while logged out then log back in. I would argue he was wrong either way since it wasn't sold out just not available but such details are unimportant. What is important is that Gamestop bundles stay in stock for a long time making them easily purchased. Might have a additional cost of $210 but makes the hunt so much easier.
wow, thank you that worked, cleared cookies a bunch of times but it never took, i guess adding to the cart while not logged in, then logging in finally fixed the problem, thanks.

You are incorrect I had twenty or so minutes to decide on the PS5. I cannot prove that but I am sure someone else can confirm
Look at the responses to their tweet yesterday. It may have come back after, but it wasn’t available when they tweeted it and wasn’t available for twenty minutes straight from the time of the tweet.

If anyone else doesn't like the white color of the PS5, it's very easy to turn it other colors with plasti-dip.  I messed up the one side with the disc drive on a final coat and had to peel it off and it peeled off very easily and I just redid it and it came out much better because I changed my technique.  The fact it's not permanent though is pretty awesome because you can always revert it.

na5jNc1.jpg

XTiPCkG.jpg

If anyone else doesn't like the white color of the PS5, it's very easy to turn it other colors with plasti-dip. I messed up the one side with the disc drive on a final coat and had to peel it off and it peeled off very easily and I just redid it and it came out much better because I changed my technique. The fact it's not permanent though is pretty awesome because you can always revert it.

na5jNc1.jpg

XTiPCkG.jpg
That's awesome. Can you post a picture 9nce it's all back together?

@purebeast    I'd be slightly concerned about affecting heat dissipation with plasti-dip.  Based upon the properties and heat resistance of the material, you may look at a slight increase of operating temperatures.   From what I've seen of the thermal design it may not affect it greatly, but by the time you noticed problems, it could be too late. 

I've seen people use plasti-dip on PC components including internal thermals with some poor results on overall heat dissipation.    I wouldn't advise ripping it off at this point, because it looks great, but just be mindful.

Enjoy! 

G~

That's awesome. Can you post a picture 9nce it's all back together?
Sure I took a few yesterday.

NZelmwK.jpg

OdBLVXD.jpg

N1OTsSZ.jpg

723Kwpi.jpg

7SmFfnp.jpg

@Gatchaman yeah I'm not really concerned about that but it did cross my mind. My basement where I have my consoles stays relatively cool year round and the way the PS5 is designed it is pretty cool to the touch so it's just not really a concern. Putting plasti-dip on external panels versus internal PC components is pretty much apples to oranges too. Now if this was like putting it on the internal fan or something, that would be a bit different.

I use wire rack shelving just like that and getting some small plexiglass/lexan/polycarbonate sheets has made a word of difference for me for the items with smaller surface area not feeling unstable when I handle them.

For example the switch dock must be constantly on the verge of getting misaligned on the shelving rods when you dock. Even a small piece of flat plastic underneath will provide a nice flat surface and will distribute the weight evenly across the rods.

That weight distribution is probably all the more important for that PS5!

If you happen to have a really cheapo poster picture frame from Ikea or the like that's broken, you can cut down the protective plastic (the "fake glass") with a good pair of scissors.

@Gatchaman yeah I'm not really concerned about that but it did cross my mind. My basement where I have my consoles stays relatively cool year round and the way the PS5 is designed it is pretty cool to the touch so it's just not really a concern. Putting plasti-dip on external panels versus internal PC components is pretty much apples to oranges too. Now if this was like putting it on the internal fan or something, that would be a bit different.
Looks very cool man. Seems like 2 different companies are coming out with colored plates. Going to get those. I’m not as handy/crafty as you sir.

I also like your av setup. I’m really into audio visual tech.

I use wire rack shelving just like that and getting some small plexiglass/lexan/polycarbonate sheets has made a word of difference for me for the items with smaller surface area not feeling unstable when I handle them.

For example the switch dock must be constantly on the verge of getting misaligned on the shelving rods when you dock. Even a small piece of flat plastic underneath will provide a nice flat surface and will distribute the weight evenly across the rods.

That weight distribution is probably all the more important for that PS5!

If you happen to have a really cheapo poster picture frame from Ikea or the like that's broken, you can cut down the protective plastic (the "fake glass") with a good pair of scissors.
I actually haven't had any issues with that at all. I'm not sure what you mean about getting misaligned on the rods when docking. The dock lies flat across the rods no matter what angle it is at. It's thick enough that it cross over at least 2 so it's not really an issue. I could see how having something flat would give more stability though I just haven't had any issues with it.

Yeah, the panels are more for redirecting the airflow than absorbing and dissipating it - where it would become a possible problem. If concerned about that, one could always just tape off the inside of the panel and just plastidip the outside to make a nice two-tone effect but retain an uncoated surface against the airflow. I kinda like the white due to the glow the console gives off, and the black would absorb more light muting it.

One thing I would do if I did this is make sure to not coat the hooks that hold it on the console (tape around that area). I would want to make sure the coating doesn't flake off into the console sliding it on or off - and the hooks aren't visible anyways.

Another possible option for people might be too look into vinyl dye. I'm not sure how well it would work to absorb on the cover material, so maybe test an area hidden on the inside. You could do all kinds of colors with that.

Yeah, the panels are more for redirecting the airflow than absorbing and dissipating it - where it would become a possible problem. If concerned about that, one could always just tape off the inside of the panel and just plastidip the outside to make a nice two-tone effect but retain an uncoated surface against the airflow. I kinda like the white due to the glow the console gives off, and the black would absorb more light muting it.

One thing I would do if I did this is make sure to not coat the hooks that hold it on the console (tape around that area). I would want to make sure the coating doesn't flake off into the console sliding it on or off - and the hooks aren't visible anyways.

Another possible option for people might be too look into vinyl dye. I'm not sure how well it would work to absorb on the cover material, so maybe test an area hidden on the inside. You could do all kinds of colors with that.
Yeah I taped off the tips. It was a pain in the ass to get the tape off that was also partially plasti-dipped lol.

Hey fella's and fellet's(?), lurker here to point out the sony direct queue just started. Hopefully today is the day, been seriously debating the cheapest ebay chode or stockx. Good luck!

Edit: another no go, just extra depressing since I actually felt confident this time.

Hey fella's and fellet's(?), lurker to point out the sony direct queue just started. Hopefully today is the day, been seriously debating the cheapest ebay chode or stockx. Good luck!
Good Luck Man!

My GF actually sent me the link when it came up and im at 5 mins now.... Make sure to add your payment information so its ready to go

Good Luck Man!

My GF actually sent me the link when it came up and im at 5 mins now.... Make sure to add your payment information so its ready to go
I’m trying to buy one for a friend in another state. I full expect to be rejected by my credit card company. But hey at least I can say I tried.

I’m still over an hour. But someone said on here that the time left in the queue wasn’t really true. 🤷‍♂️

Jesus 6 minutes left than out of stock. Spending $2600+ on PSN credit at Gamestop and then their store isn't enough apparently.

bread's done
Back