Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

My daughter told me last week she wanted a PS5 for her birthday (which is today). I was like, yeah, right. She only wants it to play Bugsnax. I am very casually looking for them in that once every few weeks I'll check Target or Best Buy or I'll look in the Fred Meyer electronics section when I'm there for groceries. I was lucky to get a Series X from Target the day they came out (got a store pickup order in the night before), so I'm in no huge hurry. I would have picked one up to surprise my daughter if it was easy to do, but I wasn't gonna go nuts trying to get it for just that. She got plenty of other stuff ;).
isnt Bugsnax also on PS4?

Dualsense headset worth it or nah?

Been bouncing back and forth about getting one as I already have 2 other HyperX headsets lol. Just curious if there is that big of a difference.
Depends. It's comfy and light. The mic sucks though. I have mine hooked up to a Blue Yeti (for voice chat).

isnt Bugsnax also on PS4?
Yes, but only the PS5 version was free with PS+ (from what I understand). I think it's also on PC and could get it for her on that too. It was just sort of an excuse for me to look for a PS5 though.

Also, since I probably won't be buying any new games for the PS5, it's nice to have something ready to go on it to try out. If I buy it on another system I'm even less likely to want to buy a PS5 when I see one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get any notification from my phone that it went live. I was sleeping but my phone notifications wake me up when they actually go off. It's so random with Twitter. I also have hot stock and web alert but hot stock is also Hit or Miss. I got the Xbox series X notification right when it went live a couple of days ago but for todays PS5 drop, I got the notification two and a half hours after the fact. Just a bunch of error for web alert showed up so maybe I don't have that setup right.

It's so so simple to get though so I am really such a moronic idiot that is not trying at all. My lazy ass.

Bundle live at Costco.
I had the bundle in my cart from the last drop. The second I got Wario64's twitter notification, I went to my cart and tried to checkout. Hit checkout like 50 times but always OOS. I have no idea how it could sell out so quickly when it was already in my cart and I just there right when the drop happened. It has to be a regional thing and Socal never had any in stock.

Best chance to get PS5's is to use the direct add to cart link.  Below is a copy/paste from my instructions on another forum that has worked multiple times for me and others.

Just keep in mind I haven't used this since like January so I'm assuming the process is the same but it could be a little different.

--

Once you see the "add to cart" button show up on Walmart for the item you want, click the link below.  It's a direct add to cart link for the items.

DO NOT REFRESH IT.  Let it spin.  

If you get a 521 timeout error, THEN refresh it and wait again.  

Even if the "add to cart" button on the listing page isn't working the links below should eventually work.  It will take you directly to the cart with the item in your cart if it successfully worked.

PS5 DISC: https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=363472942
PS5DIGITAL: https://affil.walmart.com/cart/buynow?items=493824815 

Best chance to get PS5's is to use the direct add to cart link. Below is a copy/paste from my instructions on another forum that has worked multiple times for me and others.

Just keep in mind I haven't used this since like January so I'm assuming the process is the same but it could be a little different.

--

Once you see the "add to cart" button show up on Walmart for the item you want, click the link below. It's a direct add to cart link for the items.

DO NOT REFRESH IT. Let it spin.

Even if the "add to cart" button on the listing page isn't working the links below should eventually work. It will take you directly to the cart with the item in your cart if it successfully worked.

Omg dude thank you thank you! That worked super easy. I can finally rest easy.

Best chance to get PS5's is to use the direct add to cart link. Below is a copy/paste from my instructions on another forum that has worked multiple times for me and others.

--

Once you see the "add to cart" button show up on Walmart for the item you want, click the link below. It's a direct add to cart link for the items.

Even if the "add to cart" button on the listing page isn't working the links below should eventually work. It will take you directly to the cart with the item in your cart if it successfully worked.

Thanks, bud. It worked perfectly.

ATC links work but when I submit order it's always out of stock. So stupid man. Why don't companies just do pre-orders again. Idc if I gotta wait just give me some clarity.

Even using the affiliate link it will not add. I hit a page asking to redirected to WM.com and it does nothing.
Time it right when it drops. Next one is in 2 min. Click link then when it asks to redirect refresh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2VtLCwFuiU

follow that stream

Thanks, got the ps5 with your links. I had one tab open with the PS5 already in my cart in the "submit order" page and then I kept refreshing the direct to cart link on the other tab. The moment I entered the "wait page", I went to my other tab and clicked "submit order".

Bu-bu-but it's so easy to get these! You must not be trying!
If only there was some resource, say a website dedicated to deals, link listings, and stock updates if you will, that gave notifications about availability. And if only stock dropped multiple times per week at multiple retailers provided by said social networking resources. :whistle2:k

Bro, its flooded. I did the ATC cart method every time Xbox to PS5. Nothing. Tired of this bs.

I can’t get any affiliate link to work for me. Oh well. Wal Nart does not want me to get one through them.
I was able to get it to work. I know there is also luck involved. I have been trying for over a month with some weeks getting very little sleep. Jakes stream worked for me. His link worked. Just keep trying. Target will be restocking next week. Keep your twitter notifications on. Jake also does Target streams. Follow his twitter. He has legit inside info. I still have a PS5 bundle in my cart from Costco that I will try to get and I would be more than willing to sell it to someone here at cost if I am able to get it on their next drop.

This shut is annoying
Are you trying on your phone app and computer? Sometimes you can add to cart on your phone and check out on the website. Just follow Jakes stream and do what he says. Keep at it!

You-can-do-it.gif

What's the shipping date for anyone here who were able to get their PS5 order in on the walmart website or walmart app?

Mine won't be til next month early-mid April 2021(unless this was the default-ship-date from the start-wave 3PM), Hopefully it won't be that long, Even if it is at least it'll be better than paying the scalper-price / bundles-with-certain-items-we-wouldn't-add-in-cart & I was able to check out during the 3:30 PM wave :whistle2:/ while already having it in the cart on stand-by during the 3:20 PM wave while kept getting hit with the out of stock / error / high-website-traffic, etc messages during the 3:20 PM wave.

--

The direct link(s) were a great help. The 2-Month struggle trying to get a PS5 is over. The next one will be the Xbox Series X.

App and browser
Follow Jake's stream now

What's the shipping date for anyone here who were able to get their PS5 order in on the walmart website or walmart app?

Mine won't be til next month early-mid April 2021(unless this was the default-ship-date from the start-wave 3PM), Hopefully it won't be that long, Even if it is at least it'll be better than paying the scalper-price / bundles-with-certain-items-we-wouldn't-add-in-cart & I was able to check out during the 3:30 PM wave :whistle2:/ while already having it in the cart on stand-by during the 3:20 PM wave while kept getting hit with the out of stock / error / high-website-traffic, etc messages during the 3:20 PM wave.

The direct link(s) were a great help. The 2-Month struggle trying to get a PS5 is over. The next one will be the Xbox Series X.
April 10th. I got a Series X from them a couple of months ago and it also showed a far off shipping date. I called them twice in 5 days and on the 6th, it shipped out. There is a very very good chance we get our PS5's way before the 10th of April.

Mine won't be til next month early-mid April 2021(unless this was the default-ship-date from the start-wave 3PM)
Same thing for me. I got my order in at 3:40 p.m., and they say it will arrive by April 13th. That's all right by me - it'll give me time to enjoy Spidey before Deathloop comes out in May.

I'd never have managed it without the ATC links. Thank you to everyone here who pointed toward them!

Walmart possibly has a big stock of PS5's in since they been taking/processing orders for 2 hours since 3PM. :whistle2:k (Then now "out of stock" since 5PM)

Congrats to those of us that finally got one! I am not gonna get too excited until I get that shipped email and I am hooking it up to my TV but feels good right now!
Agreed & Same here where I'm just happy to get the order in while not excited til I have the PS5 at home.

After months of trying, was able to get a PS5.  Was able to get an order in at the 4:40p drop.  Was able to add it via the app and the order confirmation email arrived a few mins later.  

Was able to get mine at the 3:20 drop with the ATC link. Just kept refreshing until it finally added, then it took 8-10 attempts to Place Order but it finally worked! April 13 expected date. Like others I'm not getting TOO excited until I get that shipped email.

Thanks to everyone here who helped make it possible and good luck to those still trying to get one!

bread's done
Back