Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I'm damn near tempted to say F it and just wait for the smaller, more power efficient, model 2 that will surely be released eventually (probably with more SSD space too).

I know once HZD2 comes out that I will actually HAVE to have one.  Still not enough to pay over retail, but I don't think they will be hard to find by then.

Costco drop happened earlier. Target will drop Wednesday or Thursday. Amazon likely dropping next week.

Gamespot article says that GameStop will have them in stock today.

Last edited by a moderator:
What'd you use, the online form? It doesn't like my serial. Funny that Sony wouldn't consider adding online support to their site.
Enter your serial number and then start changing random characters until it takes. That is what I did because I had the same exact issue you did. It simply would not take mine. But then I just modified mine and like the 2nd try it went through and asked me to fill out the form.

Costco drop happened earlier. Target will drop Wednesday or Thursday. Amazon likely dropping next week.

Gamespot article says that GameStop will have them in stock today.
How long did Costco have there’s ???
I went to the page as soon as it gave me a notification & it was gone!!!

How long did Costco have there’s ???
I went to the page as soon as it gave me a notification & it was gone!!!
I don't know. I have it in my cart from a last drop. I will still try to get one even though I've already gotten one through Wal-mart. I was sleeping when I got the notification and when I went to my cart to checkout, said OOS. I have heard with Costco that you still need to try checking out for 10-15 min after the drop but I am not sure. Gamestop dropped like 40 min ago. Target should be dropping tomorrow or Thursday.

I got mine in the last target drop. I bought two copies of Spiderman MM locally because the price was too good. If anyone wants either of them, let me know, I'm trying to unload one for cost and keep the other.

Meh. Gamestop disc bundle is still available, and I was able to add it to the cart, then wavered at checkout. I want a PS5, but I don't want a $730 bundle with two full-priced games I have no interest in. I have little faith my local Gamestop would allow returns on them. Alas, the wait continues...

Meh. Gamestop disc bundle is still available, and I was able to add it to the cart, then wavered at checkout. I want a PS5, but I don't want a $730 bundle with two full-priced games I have no interest in. I have little faith my local Gamestop would allow returns on them. Alas, the wait continues...
I'm in a similar boat, but I passed on it a month or two ago and I'm tired of waiting. I'll try if Target drops this week, and if I can nab one there, I'll cancel this since it's a pre-order, but if not I'll try and do something with Call of Duty since that's the one I have no interest in.

Yeah, looking at the $730 bundle, the bundle that was just Spider-Man and a second controller that I passed on a few weeks ago seems like a bargain now.

I hope Indiana Jones can get his PS5!!    Trying to find one is like being Indiana Jones after a treasure/artifact!     = )        

Enter your serial number and then start changing random characters until it takes. That is what I did because I had the same exact issue you did. It simply would not take mine. But then I just modified mine and like the 2nd try it went through and asked me to fill out the form.
Oh great, you probably stole mine! Ok that's not likely to happen but still... Yeah I'll give it a shot.

*Lots of other drops happening and I dunno if it's worth trying. I mean it wouldn't be hard to unload a spare system if Walmart decides to ship before next month. Or I wait it out and hope they don't send me a cancel notice first.

Oh great, you probably stole mine! Ok that's not likely to happen but still... Yeah I'll give it a shot.

*Lots of other drops happening and I dunno if it's worth trying. I mean it wouldn't be hard to unload a spare system if Walmart decides to ship before next month. Or I wait it out and hope they don't send me a cancel notice first.
Check your Walmart order status. Mine just shipped per Walmart order status page, ordered at 4:40p. Item shows shipping out of Louisville via fedex to Frankfort Ky. I started to pull the trigger on the GS bundle but didn't wanna deal with the extra stuff. Don't give up hope, WM has gotten me XSX, PS5 and XSS so they have a track record for me. FYI, not a hoarder or scalper, got these for buddies of mine.

Check your Walmart order status. Mine just shipped per Walmart order status page, ordered at 4:40p. Item shows shipping out of Louisville via fedex to Frankfort Ky. I started to pull the trigger on the GS bundle but didn't wanna deal with the extra stuff. Don't give up hope, WM has gotten me XSX, PS5 and XSS so they have a track record for me. FYI, not a hoarder or scalper, got these for buddies of mine.
Just looked and still nothing. I think I got the second wave, so like 3:10 or whatever? Someone said it could be regional... I had a couple opportunities to go with GS and while I don't mind shopping there those bundles are tough to swallow. Rarely do they pack in games I'm looking for, I never need a spare control right from the start, and honestly I feel odd for paying full price for anything but the console itself.

Just looked and still nothing. I think I got the second wave, so like 3:10 or whatever? Someone said it could be regional... I had a couple opportunities to go with GS and while I don't mind shopping there those bundles are tough to swallow. Rarely do they pack in games I'm looking for, I never need a spare control right from the start, and honestly I feel odd for paying full price for anything but the console itself.
I totally agree. The GS bundle is a lot of money with stuff that isn't needed by a lot of folks. I think that it showed by the amount of time it was on sale. I was able to add it to cart after it was on sale for several mins. I hardly ever pay retail for games and paying retail for all these items just goes against my inner CAG. Best of luck on getting your console shipped.

I totally agree. The GS bundle is a lot of money with stuff that isn't needed by a lot of folks. I think that it showed by the amount of time it was on sale. I was able to add it to cart after it was on sale for several mins. I hardly ever pay retail for games and paying retail for all these items just goes against my inner CAG. Best of luck on getting your console shipped.
One game would be ok. No interest in sports and I already played Demon's on PS3. What else have they stuffed in there, I forget. You're totally right, I'm always shopping for deals and working on my backlog while waiting for price drops. The only reason I have 3 Ps5 games already is they hit $30 or so. I understand the bundle is to deter scalping because there's more crap to unload, however it doesn't help us when the bundle is all filler. What sense does it make to include a GS GC? It's not even listed as a bonus.

One game would be ok. No interest in sports and I already played Demon's on PS3. What else have they stuffed in there, I forget. You're totally right, I'm always shopping for deals and working on my backlog while waiting for price drops. The only reason I have 3 Ps5 games already is they hit $30 or so. I understand the bundle is to deter scalping because there's more crap to unload, however it doesn't help us when the bundle is all filler. What sense does it make to include a GS GC? It's not even listed as a bonus.
It was PS5 disc, COD CW, Spiderman MM, Extra controller and GC. I think the GC is to keep you in their eco-system. Pay a $20 GC that can only be used to buy more stuff from GS. I honestly never thought of the anti-scalping thingy, I figured it was GS trying to maximize selling items with the hard to find consoles.

I'm the same way, always looking for software deals because games can be found below MRSP.

keep me posted on when your console ships, sending good vibes hoping it ships soon.

It was PS5 disc, COD CW, Spiderman MM, Extra controller and GC. I think the GC is to keep you in their eco-system. Pay a $20 GC that can only be used to buy more stuff from GS. I honestly never thought of the anti-scalping thingy, I figured it was GS trying to maximize selling items with the hard to find consoles.

I'm the same way, always looking for software deals because games can be found below MRSP.

keep me posted on when your console ships, sending good vibes hoping it ships soon.
Enh, COD isn't my thing. I'd have to see if my mouse controller works before buying any shooters anyway. (It's what I grew up with and anyone can learn it instead of analogs, don't throw me under the bus).

I'm sure the bundle isn't hurting their bottom line, the GC sorta makes it look like they're squeezing some extra profit. I read the anti-scalping thing somewhere and it makes sense. I mean how quickly do the plain models sell out and how often do you see a bundle on Craigslist? All the components are retail cost unless they're tacking on stuff you normally wouldn't get.

You bet. Like I said I'm eager to try it out but I have no shortage of games to work on in the meantime. Had I waited until I was 'done' with PS4 I probably wouldn't need a new platform for 2 years yet.

The gift card is to make the buyer return to Gamestop to spend it. And chances are, what they want will cost a lot more than $20, especially if it's another game.

I don't have a problem with the bundle if it's keeping scalpers from buying them up.

The gift card is to make the buyer return to Gamestop to spend it. And chances are, what they want will cost a lot more than $20, especially if it's another game.

I don't have a problem with the bundle if it's keeping scalpers from buying them up.
I ended up getting my PS5 in a GameStop bundle that included a $20 gift card a few weeks back. I figure, if nothing else, I can just cash it in for a $20 PSN card/code that I'll use on a cheap digital game at some point anyway.

Finally got it home a few hours ago Wednesday this week, Fortunately in safe condition. Would've had it on Tuesday except when I seen which warehouse it was shipping from I figured it'll be a 1 day delay (due to the snow-storm hitting that state hard).

Played a few PS4 games off the external HDD while a small/slim number of games I moved over to the internal SSD of the PS5 to get the faster load times until I get a 1TB/2TB external SSD or Better external HDD with higher read/write speeds.

Fortunately the option to expand the storage for PS5 games is coming except that's bound to be pricey & Hopefully we'll see a good number of manufacturers having them available when the PS5 update for it arrives.

Like Jake stated, if you get to place order, keep clicking the button. Do that on both the app and the website. Try a different store on the app and website if you want but getting to the place order is key. People have sat there for 20 min just clicking place order and it finally works. The store still has stock as long as you are on the place order screen. If it throws you off there, pick the next store that has stock.

Just a warning, I did have Target cancel a Series X from me before back in December when I was trying to get one so it is possible that you will get canceled even if you do place an order although unlikely. If that happens, call up and explain how disappointed you are etc. They gave me a $15 git card to say sorry.

Digital PS5 still hasn't dropped if want one of those. Also keep in mind that Amazon will have a big drop soon too so you can try again.

Man fuck Jake, he isn't telling anyone shit.  I clicked the damn place order button over 300 times across 5 different stores and 2 different states and...  nothing.  This shit is botted out more than a damn limited Jordan 1.  Shit is so fucking annoying  I'm just about to stop following this thread and save myself the frustration.

Man fuck Jake, he isn't telling anyone shit. I clicked the damn place order button over 300 times across 5 different stores and 2 different states and... nothing. This shit is botted out more than a damn limited Jordan 1. Shit is so fucking annoying I'm just about to stop following this thread and save myself the frustration.
Digital just dropped. The spam place order does work. If you were still doing that than you were doing it right. Again some luck comes into play. Depends on area your area. Do you live in a big populated state? You aren't supposed to keep switching stores. People have used the website and their phone either on the same store or two different stores and that's how they got theirs. Not sure why you were trying five different stores. You really have to click place order as fast as you can.

Trying on five different ones is not efficient. You can't be fast constantly switching to five different stores. You pick one or two stores on the app on your website and just keep spamming them.

You can try the digital right now or wait for the big amazon drop happening soon.

Man fuck Jake, he isn't telling anyone shit. I clicked the damn place order button over 300 times across 5 different stores and 2 different states and... nothing. This shit is botted out more than a damn limited Jordan 1. Shit is so fucking annoying I'm just about to stop following this thread and save myself the frustration.
It's odd how this console launch has been. I did the same today just for shits and giggles because a friend said it isn't actually available. Clicked "place order" a few times and it actually went through. Unless a friend wants it, I'm just going to cancel the order. I'm waiting for a better internal HD, new color, or bundle before I buy one.

Meh the digital shows in stock but every time I add it and hit place my order it errors
Same for me dude, this is so lame.
Have you read what any of us have been posting? Are you watching Jake's stream? You have to spam that place order button. Keep clicking it and clicking and clicking and clicking it until it goes through. If it boots you out then choose another store that has it in stock. You might have to sit there for 20 minutes just spamming that place order button.

bread's done
Back