Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

That makes me feel great... why not opp it to another CAGer who actually wants one?

Digital just dropped. The spam place order does work. If you were still doing that than you were doing it right. Again some luck comes into play. Depends on area your area. Do you live in a big populated state? You aren't supposed to keep switching stores. People have used the website and their phone either on the same store or two different stores and that's how they got theirs. Not sure why you were trying five different stores. You really have to click place order as fast as you can.

Trying on five different ones is not efficient. You can't be fast constantly switching to five different stores. You pick one or two stores on the app on your website and just keep spamming them.

You can try the digital right now or wait for the big amazon drop happening soon.
I changed stores after they went out of stock at whatever location I was trying for.

Meh the digital shows in stock but every time I add it and hit place my order it errors

Same for me dude, this is so lame.
That's how it works. I saw the PS5 disc drop the second Jake mentioned it in his stream. The only way to check out is to have the item in your cart and just hit "place order" over and over again. One of the times I did it accidentally ended up working and going through.

Have you read what any of us have been posting? Are you watching Jake's stream? You have to spam that place order button. Keep clicking it and clicking and clicking and clicking it until it goes through. If it boots you out then choose another store that has it in stock. You might have to sit there for 20 minutes just spamming that place order button.
I'm in the DFW area, I think there were just too many damn people.

Don't watch Jake's stream, he isn't giving up any insider information or "tricks" to get this to work, all you guys are doing is making this guy a shit ton of money for having an annoying ass voice.

Don't watch Jake's stream, he isn't giving up any insider information or "tricks" to get this to work, all you guys are doing is making this guy a shit ton of money for having an annoying ass voice.
LOL

yeah, all the streamers that do this are like, "there's a rumor that the PS5 is dropping today" and they keep refreshing the pages to see if it happens. You know, just like we all can do ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get you are annoyed and really bitter right now but Jake has helped like a hundred thousand people get a PS5 or something like that. Dude also has cystic fibrosis. If you watch his streams he constantly tells people that they do not need to donate and you don't even have to subscribe to his channel. He is also giving away a PS5 he got from the PlayStation direct and all you need to do is reply to a tweet he will be doing. Don't need to follow him or like or anything.

Also, the place order trick DOES WORK. I understand that it didn't for you but that doesn't mean it's not helpful. It's gotten a lot of people a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X.

I was able to get one this morning using the place order spam even though I already have a PlayStation 5. I got it for a friend. If he backs out, I would be more than happy to sell it to you at cost if you are close to Southern California.

LOL

yeah, all the streamers that do this are like, "there's a rumor that the PS5 is dropping today" and they keep refreshing the pages to see if it happens. You know, just like we all can do ourselves.
Except Jake actually has real info. He's been doing this for months. He has legit inside sources at Target. Even his Twitter had a corporate email that stated that the drop would be happening this morning and he tweeted it out 2 days ago. Almost every time he streams one of these drops, a drop happens.

I managed to get one this morning, as well. Didn't even know about the spamming the Place Order button thing, but I was doing it anyway, since I know my store had them! LOL Just got my "Order is ready for pick-up" confirmation.

I wasn't in a big hurry to get one, but the FF7R upgrade and Yuffie DLC was the push for me. I might not even buy a game until then! Looking forward to finally playing through God of War with the PS5 upgrades in the meantime. 

I managed to get one from Target this morning so I cancelled my Gamestop bundle.  As far as Jake's stream, I did find a couple pieces of information helpful.  The bit about Paypal is interesting even though I didn't use it.  For me, it was more just spamming the checkout button.  It took me 18-20 minutes before I managed to get my order through.  I would have given up because it's not how ordering things online usually works.

I get the frustration because it's really about luck and not having normal expectations for how to buy things online.  I tried this week at Gamestop right when they dropped the bundles with no luck.  It kept saying to check again in a few minutes.  30 minutes later, it worked perfectly.  At Target, 90% of the time I was getting unable to checkout error, 10% an unknown error occurred, and once it prompted me to sign in again. 

Good luck to those still trying.

Spamming the check out button isn't a "trick" though. That's like buying a strategy guide and it tells you to keep attacking the boss to win. No shit...

I managed to get one from Target this morning so I cancelled my Gamestop bundle. As far as Jake's stream, I did find a couple pieces of information helpful. The bit about Paypal is interesting even though I didn't use it. For me, it was more just spamming the checkout button. It took me 18-20 minutes before I managed to get my order through. I would have given up because it's not how ordering things online usually works.

I get the frustration because it's really about luck and not having normal expectations for how to buy things online. I tried this week at Gamestop right when they dropped the bundles with no luck. It kept saying to check again in a few minutes. 30 minutes later, it worked perfectly. At Target, 90% of the time I was getting unable to checkout error, 10% an unknown error occurred, and once it prompted me to sign in again.

Good luck to those still trying.
paypal didn't help for me at all.

After constantly getting error messages at checkout and "This item is no longer available" on place order, i came in here and saw the suggestion to keep spamming the place order button and lo and behold, i was able to get an order in at 5:25am finally.

I got the email showing the order's processing and the charge is pending on my bank account, so now it's just a waiting game and hoping that the order doesn't get canceled.

And the PS5 isn't even for me, it's for my friend who asked me to check for PS5 stock between 1am-5am since i usually go to sleep pretty late and he's usually out by 1am lol, he's gonna be over the freaking moon ecstatic if this order goes through.

Spamming the check out button isn't a "trick" though. That's like buying a strategy guide and it tells you to keep attacking the boss to win. No shit...

paypal didn't help for me at all.
I get that you're disappointed, but it is a trick when you read a message saying the item is unavailable and assume that means they have already sold out. I would have stopped trying due to the message and the length of time from when they dropped.

Since i'm getting $1400 government stimulus bucks that I don't need and that FF is looking to be on PS5 only, decided might as well go for one. Target had one this morning but when I went to pay it was sold out. I mean I'm not going to go insane looking for one right now but if one happens to come my way, sure.

is there a reason to buy the ps5 version of a game if the ps4 version has a free upgrade to ps5? seems strange that sony didn't just release one copy of the game that worked on both systems like microsoft

is there a reason to buy the ps5 version of a game if the ps4 version has a free upgrade to ps5? seems strange that sony didn't just release one copy of the game that worked on both systems like microsoft
I would think one reason would be if you intend to play it on the PS5, if you buy the PS4 version I think you would have to download the PS5 version. So if data caps and/or bandwidth are problems, installing from the disc would be easier.

You can also remote play the PS5 from the PS4, so if you still could play it on the PS4 that way. Not sure how well it works, but it would have better load times and all that. I would assume that depends on local network speed.

The only benefit of the PS5 version might be future resale value, if that doesn't matter to you then just get the PS4 version.

I would think one reason would be if you intend to play it on the PS5, if you buy the PS4 version I think you would have to download the PS5 version. So if data caps and/or bandwidth are problems, installing from the disc would be easier.

You can also remote play the PS5 from the PS4, so if you still could play it on the PS4 that way. Not sure how well it works, but it would have better load times and all that. I would assume that depends on local network speed.
yeah, you would have to download the ps5 upgrade if you have the ps4 disc. I just figured it would be better to have the ps4 version since we will have a PS4 and a PS5.

Since i'm getting $1400 government stimulus bucks that I don't need and that FF is looking to be on PS5 only, decided might as well go for one. Target had one this morning but when I went to pay it was sold out. I mean I'm not going to go insane looking for one right now but if one happens to come my way, sure.
If you can talk someone down to the 700-750 range I would just buy it. You’ll spend at least $200 or more of your time trying to find one. Personally don’t think these will be easy to find till 2022. There’s a crazy shortage on parts for the foreseeable future.

If you can talk someone down to the 700-750 range I would just buy it. You’ll spend at least $200 or more of your time trying to find one. Personally don’t think these will be easy to find till 2022. There’s a crazy shortage on parts for the foreseeable future.
I won't ever buy from a reseller. I'm paying $499 for my console, and I can wait. I got a Series X, i'm mostly buying it for the PS5 exclusive Japanese games like Final Fantasy which will be a ways off.

PS5/XSX both jumped the gun on m.2 nvme; all we needed was sata ssd; and we could all be increasing our storage space with any sata ssd drive to 1,2,4,8tb.     But instead m.2nvme has us at 1tb/825gb=800/660gb usable, and expensive upgrades.  

That money should have been used to improve power on the CPU/GPU/RAM  instead.  

Agreed. Scalpers are lame...but a $100 to $150 cushion post tax is reasonable considering the shortages. You’d easily waste that in time value of money.

Agreed. Scalpers are lame...but a $100 to $150 cushion post tax is reasonable considering the shortages. You’d easily waste that in time value of money.
Honestly would rather spend the man hours looking for one myself, even if I end up losing more this way. Only way to stop scalpers is to stop giving into them. I don't care if it's $100 or $500, I refuse to give them money. Only way I would pay extra for a PS5 or any other console is if a friend went to get one for me and I gave him a tip for his troubles (because I had work or something and could not go).

PS5/XSX both jumped the gun on m.2 nvme; all we needed was sata ssd; and we could all be increasing our storage space with any sata ssd drive to 1,2,4,8tb. But instead m.2nvme has us at 1tb/825gb=800/660gb usable, and expensive upgrades.

That money should have been used to improve power on the CPU/GPU/RAM instead.
Couldn't disagree more. 3.5GB/s transfer speed m2.nvme vs 500-600 on SATA SSD. Give me that sweet IO all day long for my immersive gaming. Coders can tune for the CPU/GPU limitations .. source **20+ years systems design/architecture and gaming enthusiast.

I guess I don't care. Been playing since I could hold a controller so a bit of load time doesn't bother me. More space would have been nicer since I typically keep save games or screenshots. I buy my games on disc so it's less hassle to reinstall if I remove something I'm done with.

The stimulus is what changed my mind from waiting too. Yeah the white is no good but it seems like swapping panels isn't hard, won't let that be a dealbreaker.

Because it's been 2 weeks and they haven't posted. Yet you're bringing them up. I guess you got your na nana boo boo moment on the likes of Gizmo...a known troll that everyone ignores. Lol!
if you know how long it's been since they've posted, they're names and what not, perhaps they're living in your head?

I won't ever buy from a reseller. I'm paying $499 for my console, and I can wait. I got a Series X, i'm mostly buying it for the PS5 exclusive Japanese games like Final Fantasy which will be a ways off.
Good man. I can't believe people on here are suggesting you buy from a scalper.

you wouldn't have to search up on people if you charged them rent
True. Which instantly negates your last comment below. Lol!

if you know how long it's been since they've posted, they're names and what not, perhaps they're living in your head?
As you said. Why would they be in my head when I had to research who you were talking about. Making this comment look even dumber than it already looked.

Those posters that kept saying ps5s are easy to get sure seem to disappear faster than ps5s disappear
This comment prompted me to see what you were talking about. Because the thread has been drama free for a while. Then I look back a few pages and see that Gizmo's obvious trolling about scalping & his claim of ease of obtaining a console triggered you. So you proceeded to argue with him for a few days. Then you argued with Nothing about how easy/hard it is to get a PS5. They let it go obviously, but you bring it up 2 weeks later in this passive aggressive post for no reason other to gloat in a way. You just weren't man enough to call them out by name. That what I call living rent free in someones head. :whistle2:

Nothing against you, but people have been very good as of late in helping fellow members get PS5's. I got my brother a console from a tip in this thread. So you should try to help people instead of trying to bait another argument.

Yeah my whole point is your time is money as well. That amount of effort starts compounding. Sooner or later someone will take the 700-750 offer. Honestly think these are harder to buy now than they were over Christmas but the markup is smaller.

Digital or disc? I have a friend of mine looking for a digital console, and I am in SoCal.
Disc.

Unfortunately I'm in the Midwest, but thanks. I would post it on the trading forum tho, I'm sure you'll find a CAGer that would appreciate it!
Oh okay. I am not gonna ship so that's why I am looking for locals. I take it you didn't get one from PS direct. Be ready for the Amazon drop. It's supposed to be a big one. Might happen next week. If I find out any info from people with connections, I will post it here. All I do is read certain twitter users that are legit.

bread's done
Back