Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Disc.

Oh okay. I am not gonna ship so that's why I am looking for locals. I take it you didn't get one from PS direct. Be ready for the Amazon drop. It's supposed to be a big one. Might happen next week. If I find out any info from people with connections, I will post it here. All I do is read certain twitter users that are legit.
You're just wanting retail right? Let me see if my buddy is interested. I know he wanted digital, but not being able to successfully get one might lead him to taking anything at this point.

You're just wanting retail right? Let me see if my buddy is interested. I know he wanted digital, but not being able to successfully get one might lead him to taking anything at this point.
Yup. Retail plus tax as long as you trust that he is going to play it and not resell it.

Local pricing is around $650-$700 for disc console.  I sold one yesterday for $675.  4th one I've sold since launch.

This week seemed like a good week in terms of securing a PS5 if one really wanted one.  I felt like my Twitter alerts kept going off.

And yes, the average consumer can't go to their favorite website or local store and buy one, hence the second hand market price is still above MSRP, but the price has come down significantly.  From $1000+ around launch to $650-$700 (at least in my local area).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else’s PS5 ship from the Walmart drop yet? I got mine at 3:10 and it’s still “preparing order”
The pending charge was refunded too. I know they don’t charge charge your card until it ships but I just don’t think it bodes well that it did that.

Anyone else’s PS5 ship from the Walmart drop yet? I got mine at 3:10 and it’s still “preparing order”
The pending charge was refunded too. I know they don’t charge charge your card until it ships but I just don’t think it bodes well that it did that.
I expect the next note from them will come on Apr 1st. They'll claim they never had any. If any of these other drops were at normal hours I'd be trying my luck again.

I had my delivered today from the WM drop, I got my at the 4:40 drip and was shipped from Louisville to Frankfort Ky.

Hope yours ships soon.

I expect the next note from them will come on Apr 1st. They'll claim they never had any. If any of these other drops were at normal hours I'd be trying my luck again.
I had my delivered today from the WM drop, I got my at the 4:40 drip and was shipped from Louisville to Frankfort Ky.

Hope yours ships soon.

In the past week I got one from:

Wal-Mart -- this was easy with the ATC link. Gonna sell to a local friend or at cost + shipping elsewhere if local friends don't want it.

GameStop Bundle - Will probably return this, it's just too much effort for me to just sell the junk I don't want. It was easy to get too - I took my sweet ass time putting in my card info and everything.

Target - Spammed checkout for 20-25 minutes and it worked. YMMV I guess.

PS Direct - This one was odd. I got in line in the last minute of the "countdown" and managed to get one - it's shipping direct to someone on GTZ so long as it doesn't cancel for some reason. Very random and YMMV results.

Gonna stop now since I got one for myself.

In the past week I got one from:

Wal-Mart -- this was easy with the ATC link. Gonna sell to a local friend or at cost + shipping elsewhere if local friends don't want it.

GameStop Bundle - Will probably return this, it's just too much effort for me to just sell the junk I don't want. It was easy to get too - I took my sweet ass time putting in my card info and everything.

Target - Spammed checkout for 20-25 minutes and it worked. YMMV I guess.

PS Direct - This one was odd. I got in line in the last minute of the "countdown" and managed to get one - it's shipping direct to someone on GTZ so long as it doesn't cancel for some reason. Very random and YMMV results.

Gonna stop now since I got one for myself.
Play the lottery. You might be one of the luckiest people in the world right now.

This is not how these things are working for most people.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

After trying for months, I was somehow able to get 3 within a matter of days.

1. Best Buy drop last week, store pickup 100 miles away. Was going to drive to get it but canceled it instead. Someone is going to be very happy to see a PS5 on the shelf tonight.

2. Walmart drop last week, said it would ship mid April, but was delivered today.

3. PlayStation Direct today. Should be delivered in a couple of days.

Was planning on scalping one and keeping one. But honestly for a $100 profit or so, it’s not really worth it. Will probably just return the Walmart one.

The point of this post is that they seem to be getting easier to get, as I haven’t been doing anything differently. Keep your chin up guys, you’ll get one too.

No kidding. I never figured out the timing for Targ and my attempts with Sony always came back 'over an hour'. Think I managed to add to cart at BB before going out of stock before I finished. I'll admit I could have gotten at GS twice if I wanted all the crap in the bundle. That's the only reason they're lasting longer. It's like playing the lotto and I suck at that too. They don't ship winning scratchies anymore.

I literally get 1 ps5 a week based on my totals. All manual. I’m not going to BS everyone and say it’s easy, but I do it. Call it luck, grace (preferred), blessings, whatever you want but it’s possible to get at least one a week.

Especially with the head starts everywhere.

Local pricing is around $650-$700 for disc console. I sold one yesterday for $675. 4th one I've sold since launch.

This week seemed like a good week in terms of securing a PS5 if one really wanted one. I felt like my Twitter alerts kept going off.

And yes, the average consumer can't go to their favorite website or local store and buy one, hence the second hand market price is still above MSRP, but the price has come down significantly. From $1000+ around launch to $650-$700 (at least in my local area).
I’m honestly not surprised. Black Friday was peak markup. I had a ps5 that I opened and sold on eBay get bidded up over $1k...bastard didn’t pay so I sold it a week later and I got like $850 for it which was the same as eBay after fees. I definitely can see someone whose sitting on 3-4 ps5s accepting $650-$700 now. I’m in a major city so prices are a little higher.

Anyone that got their order in at Walmart on the last run, has anyone not had theirs ship yet?  Mine still says April 10th, and the charge fell off my bank account.  Ive seen a lot of people here and on reddit say their shipped or they already got them.

The recent one? How the hell are they organizing this? I was in the 3:10 group.
Yup, I was shocked how quick I got it because I have heard the same thing that it has been very random of who's getting them at which time ordered. Mine was almost exactly 7 days to the minute from order to my door.

Anyone that got their order in at Walmart on the last run, has anyone not had theirs ship yet? Mine still says April 10th, and the charge fell off my bank account. Ive seen a lot of people here and on reddit say their shipped or they already got them.
Mine was ordered March 4th at 440p slot and was delivered today. Mine shipped from Louisville shipped to Frankfort Ky

If it's worth it to someone to pay over retail price for it, then it's their money. It took me 2 months to get the PS5. If I would have paid $800 for one 2 months ago, I would not have had to go this all this BS hassle in order to get one and I would have been playing it that whole time. I could definitely see someone with a demanding job or life that doesn't have a lot of free time to not want to do what most of us have been doing in order to get a PS5. Obviously, if people are willing to pay $700-$1000 for a PS5, it's worth to them.

I do see a good amount of PS5's being sold for $700-$750 and even a couple for $680 now for the disc on offer up and marketplace so either demand is slowing down or people are only wanting to spend that much and resellers/scalpers are lowering prices until they sell. I've seen the digital as low as $620. Money is worth different things to different people. Most of us here wouldn't pay a dime over retail price but we don't speak for all the gamers. I know would offer resellers and scalpers $600 for the PS5. It was worth it to me at that price to not have to go through all the BS I went through. No one would sell it at that price and now that I have one, I don't need to worry anymore but it takes a good amount of patience and luck to be able to get a PS5 and not everyone has those qualities and just simply wants to play it and not go through the crap. 

If it's worth it to someone to pay over retail price for it, then it's their money. It took me 2 months to get the PS5. If I would have paid $800 for one 2 months ago, I would not have had to go this all this BS hassle in order to get one and I would have been playing it that whole time. I could definitely see someone with a demanding job or life that doesn't have a lot of free time to not want to do what most of us have been doing in order to get a PS5. Obviously, if people are willing to pay $700-$1000 for a PS5, it's worth to them.

I do see a good amount of PS5's being sold for $700-$750 and even a couple for $680 now on offer up and marketplace so either demand is slowing down or people are only wanting to spend that much and resellers/scalpers are lowering prices until they sell. Money is worth different things to different people. Most of us here wouldn't pay a dime over retail price but we don't speak for all the gamers. I know would offer resellers and scalpers $600 for the PS5. It was worth it to me at that price to not have to go through all the BS I went through. No one would sell it at that price and now that I have one, I don't need to worry anymore but it takes a good amount of patience and luck to be able to get a PS5 and not everyone has those qualities and just simply wants to play it and not go through the crap.
Then there's people like myself who I've only just started to get in the game and after a few failed attempts. I stopped and will wait out the rush to grab one just to say I got it. I'm more than patient to wait till it's on a shelf or ready to be shipped when I want it not when one of these drops happens

Anyone that got their order in at Walmart on the last run, has anyone not had theirs ship yet? Mine still says April 10th, and the charge fell off my bank account. Ive seen a lot of people here and on reddit say their shipped or they already got them.
I was in the same boat. Ordered March 4 in the 3:30 wave and hadn't updated yet. Charge dropped off my card. Rolled the dice and was able to get one through Sony Direct yesterday and cancelled the WM order.

Did anyone else with a Walmart order have their's shipped in a thin, easily dented box with a small piece of bubble wrap? My PS5 box has a dent. I haven't opened it yet and I'm sure it's fine, but still annoying.

People on here talking about how they have bought multiple systems for no reason and can't understand why others are having trouble buying one... think about it.

People on here talking about how they have bought multiple systems for no reason and can't understand why others are having trouble buying one... think about it.
I'm getting them cause I'm trying the second they drop. You really have to try as soon as it happens. But now that I've got one and some for friends, I'm done. Kommie doesn't resell for profit!

I'm getting them cause I'm trying the second they drop. You really have to try as soon as it happens. But now that I've got one and some for friends, I'm done. Kommie doesn't resell for profit!
You have nothing better to do than get up at 5am to hammer Target? They're always too early and the rest like to release midday when I'm at work (which for reasons may not affect everyone). And of course there's Sony direct but that's a permanent 'over an hour wait' no matter when you show up.

Guess I'm just a little aggravated that despite my getting an order through I probably still won't get it. Stupid Wally.

You have nothing better to do than get up at 5am to hammer Target? They're always too early and the rest like to release midday when I'm at work (which for reasons may not affect everyone). And of course there's Sony direct but that's a permanent 'over an hour wait' no matter when you show up.

Guess I'm just a little aggravated that despite my getting an order through I probably still won't get it. Stupid Wally.
7AM. I live on the East Coast. One of my extras is going to a local friend for $540. The GameStop will probably be sold at cost to someone over on GTZ. You can believe me, or not. I don't resell stuff. Wal-Mart will ship, I got mine yesterday. It's the extra going to a local friend at cost, rounded up to $540. I'm getting a $0.46 "profit" on that one.

7AM. I live on the East Coast. One of my extras is going to a local friend for $540. The GameStop will probably be sold at cost to someone over on GTZ. You can believe me, or not. I don't resell stuff. Wal-Mart will ship, I got mine yesterday. It's the extra going to a local friend at cost, rounded up to $540. I'm getting a $0.46 "profit" on that one.
why do your friends and others need help finding one? What's stopping them from looking like you are?

When someone says they are buying one for their friend/family they mean they are buying one to resell. Don't believe any differently.
I need a second one for my son. I want to get him a digital one so he doesn’t have to mess with discs.

Big restock coming next week to Amazon, according to Jake Randall. 46,000 units
I have a couple of friends at Amazon's Atlanta DC and apparently there are multiple pallets of PS5 sitting labeled "On Hold". So there might be some truth to this. One is a forklift driver & the other is a sorter so they have no idea on any drop times though.

why do your friends and others need help finding one? What's stopping them from looking like you are?
truthfully, I got out of hand ordering them. Wal-Mart was taking forever and I was getting impatient, so I tried GameStop. GameStop never even sent me a confirmation e-mail and by the time I wanted to cancel, I couldn't. I did Target cause it's same day pick up in store. I posted on FaceBook seeing if any friends wanted one, and someone did. If I sell at cost on Facebook, there's always the risk I sell it to a shady reseller who's just gonna flip it. However I'm done finding them so good luck to all!

Dude you are a constant pain in the ass. Wtf is wrong with you.

Some of my friends aren’t on this site. Most don’t sit in front of a computer all day.

While certainly there are resellers, some people are generally trying to help others.

I have absolutely no interest in a ps5 but since I work in front of a computer all day and just like the hunt, I’m trying to get one for friends who can’t do this.

Some of my friends aren’t on this site. Most don’t sit in front of a computer all day.

While certainly there are resellers, some people are generally trying to help others.

I have absolutely no interest in a ps5 but since I work in front of a computer all day and just like the hunt, I’m trying to get one for friends who can’t do this.
He literally hasn't made a single post to help anyone or add positively to this thread. He just wants to argue with people.

you don't need to be a member to use this site...or target, or Walmart, our the rest of the fucking internet to look for a ps5. You also don't need to sit in front of a computer all day. Most people have something called a phone. if you're trying to help others why don't you help users on here then?

you don't need to be a member to use this site...or target, or Walmart, our the rest of the fucking internet to look for a ps5. You also don't need to sit in front of a computer all day. Most people have something called a phone. if you're trying to help others why don't you help users on here then?
How about you help users on here. :roll:

bread's done
Back