Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Wal-Mart goes live today at 3PM EST:

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/addToCart?items=363472942

Disk add to cart link

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/addToCart?items=493824815

digital add to cart link

When these went live last time, the ATC links were dead after 3 or 4 drops.

When it's 3PM start spamming refresh for the link, when it works the page could freeze you with a blank white screen and if it does, refresh again and checkout ASAP. Have an account, saved payment info as well as your CVV number in your paste bin as it asks for that.

I got Wal Mart on the last drop like this at the first drop.

Xbox Series X also goes live today at 2:30 PM EST. If you take those add to cart links and replace the numbers at the end with anything else, it does the same thing.
Should the link say "Forbidden?" before the drop?

Last edited by a moderator:
just got another one for my brother just kept refreshing, was able to add it to my cart at 1:03 and at 1:10 checked out and got it.

used the walmart app to add it to cart and used the website to checkout

at 20 after I got one in my cart but debit card declined then it went out of stock. While on the phone with the auto call from the bank asking if it was legit, I was able to leave it in the cart and checkout with my credit card at 30 after.  Now to think over this purchase while I wait.  I've got so much to play on the Series X and nothing new for PS.

Says it will arrive by April 9th. Using the app was definitely the way.

If you load the page on the app (On the Samsung Galaxy S10+) during an earlier drop and get the add to cart button to show on the page, you can mash it at the next drop 10 min later.

For me, the app never removed the button and showed the "Item will be back" message.

If positioned right, you can mash the cart button and "ok" on the out of stock message pop up in repeat presses.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and I hope this trick will help those still looking. 😃

If you load the page on the app (On the Samsung Galaxy S10+) during an earlier drop and get the add to cart button to show on the page, you can mash it at the next drop 10 min later.

For me, the app never removed the button and showed the "Item will be back" message.

If positioned right, you can mash the cart button and "ok" on the out of stock message pop up in repeat presses.
Exactly what I did to get mine.

I actually added to cart via Walmart website and then it went oos during checkout. I waited 7 min for the next wave. About 5 sec into the next wave, I was able to check out. Jake is 💯!

just got another one for my brother just kept refreshing, was able to add it to my cart at 1:03 and at 1:10 checked out and got it.

used the walmart app to add it to cart and used the website to checkout
You deserve a Nobel Peace Prize my friend, the search is over for me.

Says it will arrive by April 9th. Using the app was definitely the way.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and I hope this trick will help those still looking.
That worked for me thank you arrives april 9th

My app never refreshes from the previous time. I am still waiting for 4:30pm.
You have to get the cart button to appear during a drop. As far as I know, there is no refresh button on the app.

Close it and reopen or add the PS5 page to your list on the app and go to the page during a drop to make the cart button appear.

Then stay on PS5 page on the app til the next drop.

Looks like a few of us were able to secure one. The search is finally over for me as well, as I followed what Jake stated in his videos and tweets. And the app really is the best way, followed by checking out via PC. Thanks to everyone on this thread as well. And for those still on the lookout, keep trying, eventually there will be more stock and be easier to get one. April 12th for me but I think from what others have stated, Walmart tends to ship earlier than the estimated arrival date in the order.

Yeah im throwing my hands up at this point.... it shouldnt be this damn hard to get one. Sony needs to change how they are selling the PS5 so people who want one can get one for retail...

Taken from nowinstock comments:

Acquiring via the Walmart app:
Within the Walmart app, head to the product page as soon as the launch begins and click the Add to Cart button repeatedly. If you receive a pop-up message saying the item is out of stock, align the OK portion of the pop-up with the Add to Cart button behind it and just repeatedly tap the same spot until you see the item gets added to your cart.

If you cannot get the item to add to the cart within 2 minutes of the start of the drop, do not leave the product page. Just take a break until the next batch drop.

If you do get the item to your cart and cannot checkout, you can wait for the next batch to drop then try to checkout. Open the product page in a browser (outside of the app) and begin to refresh this product page 20 seconds prior to the next batch droop. When the product page shows the Add to Cart button, immediately head over to the app and attempt to complete the checkout process. Or you can just head to your cart within the browser and checkout there. Your cart carries over from the app to the browser and vice versa.

Taken from nowinstock comments:

Acquiring via the Walmart app:
Within the Walmart app, head to the product page as soon as the launch begins and click the Add to Cart button repeatedly. If you receive a pop-up message saying the item is out of stock, align the OK portion of the pop-up with the Add to Cart button behind it and just repeatedly tap the same spot until you see the item gets added to your cart.

If you cannot get the item to add to the cart within 2 minutes of the start of the drop, do not leave the product page. Just take a break until the next batch drop.

If you do get the item to your cart and cannot checkout, you can wait for the next batch to drop then try to checkout. Open the product page in a browser (outside of the app) and begin to refresh this product page 20 seconds prior to the next batch droop. When the product page shows the Add to Cart button, immediately head over to the app and attempt to complete the checkout process. Or you can just head to your cart within the browser and checkout there. Your cart carries over from the app to the browser and vice versa.
this is completely ridiculous we shouldnt be jumping through hoops and all types of other nonsense to get this damn console.

Tried for like an hour and a half at wal mart with no dice. I don't care that I didn't get one. What really annoyed me about the whole situation is I'm a web developer in my day job. If this ever happened more than once where I work, we would of figured out some way to prevent this from happening. Instead Wal-Mart doesn't give a  fuck and it frustrates me because they certainly have the money to do it.

this is completely ridiculous we shouldnt be jumping through hoops and all types of other nonsense to get this damn console.
I agree, but at this point I just want one for my family. It was so bad having to jump through hoops that I had to double check to see what version I got (disc or digital). That is how chaotic it has been the last couple of hours.

But yet you have to. It's not ideal but I got both a PS5 and Series X on Walmarts website. When Target drops, you need to sit there and click on place order once it's in your cart for sometimes 20-25 min before it goes through. It's just how things are. Amazon is supposed to drop any min so try with them. A lot of people and scalpers want this thing so it's not going to be easy. If you REALLY want it, you need to do all the tips people have posted. If you don't do these things, you probably won't get one. It's just like when Wii was super hard to find but people didn't want to wait 2-3 hours in line before a store opened so they didn't get one.

But yet you have to. It's not ideal but I got both a PS5 and Series X on Walmarts website. When Target drops, you need to sit there and click on place order once it's in your cart for sometimes 20-25 min before it goes through. It's just how things are. Amazon is supposed to drop any min so try with them. A lot of people and scalpers want this thing so it's not going to be easy. If you REALLY want it, you need to do all the tips people have posted. If you don't do these things, you probably won't get one. It's just like when Wii was super hard to find but people didn't want to wait 2-3 hours in line before a store opened so they didn't get one.
it was easier to find a Wii

We've sunk to lining up areas on the page, giving out tips, button mashing, and using shortcuts. It's literally a game to order a game.

Looks like a few of us were able to secure one. The search is finally over for me as well, as I followed what Jake stated in his videos and tweets. And the app really is the best way, followed by checking out via PC. Thanks to everyone on this thread as well. And for those still on the lookout, keep trying, eventually there will be more stock and be easier to get one. April 12th for me but I think from what others have stated, Walmart tends to ship earlier than the estimated arrival date in the order.
Mine took 10 days. You may or may not get advance notice, think my 'your item shipped' came the day it was supposed to arrive.

it was easier to find a Wii

It was easier to find a Wii because they were being carried in store, plus there wasn't an ongoing chip shortage
You had to actually go to the store and wait in line. Sure, you could have gotten lucky and just walked in but for 2 years, Wii was difficult to buy. I know first hand as I was working in an electronics store at the time. I would get like 30 calls a day asking if Wii was in stock and when it would be. A lot of times, the store would get them and keep them for a certain day. I would tell people that they would need to get to the store before it opens and get in line and many said I am not doing that and some of them cussed at me like it was my fault. They didn't want to do what it took to get a Wii. At least you can try to get the PS5 online now. I can almost guarantee PS5 won't be hard to find for 2 years. I stood in line at a Best Buy 3 hours before it opened launch day to get a Wii and I got one. I did the same thing with Switch at Target. I tried for nearly 2 months to get a PS5 and I finally got one.

My point is, if you don't want to pay hundreds over retail, you are going to have to be there right when systems go in stock and follow all the tips and tricks people that have gotten the systems show and tell you how to get it. I see PS5 discs for as low as $650 in my area and many for $700 so prices are coming down at least.

Before I was finally able to get mine, I was offering people $600 for their PS5. They sell for around $540 ish after taxes retail around here so I didn't mind giving someone like $60 so I wouldn't have to deal with the headache. It was worth it to me. The big Amazon drop still might happen today so I would be on the lookout for that.

I hope you aren’t that frustrated. You aren’t missing anything, just updated graphics on old games so far. I got one a week ago based on hype, forcing myself to buy one. I opened it, it’s sitting on my entertainment center, not even plugged in yet.

I hope you aren’t that frustrated. You aren’t missing anything, just updated graphics on old games so far. I got one a week ago based on hype, forcing myself to buy one. I opened it, it’s sitting on my entertainment center, not even plugged in yet.
Well for people who have PS4/Pro models they want to sell I could imagine the frustration. I mean I’m looking to get one now because I have the stimulus money and that I can flip my PS4 for something still. Even if there isn’t a lot off games yet.

Well for people who have PS4/Pro models they want to sell I could imagine the frustration. I mean I’m looking to get one now because I have the stimulus money and that I can flip my PS4 for something still. Even if there isn’t a lot off games yet.
First world problems lol. If you're worried that much, then sell your damn Ps4 and go without until you find a ps5. Jesus the entitlement. You just got free money from the government.

Where would you suggest selling my ps4 Pro? I know eBay is my go to but it can be a hassle and I’m always paranoid the buyer is going to get the item and say something is wrong. GS has $175 credit so I guess that’s an option. I’d also like to sell my PSVR, I haven’t touched it in 2 years but I don’t know how to sell it without demonstrating for the buyer it works.

Where would you suggest selling my ps4 Pro? I know eBay is my go to but it can be a hassle and I’m always paranoid the buyer is going to get the item and say something is wrong. GS has $175 credit so I guess that’s an option. I’d also like to sell my PSVR, I haven’t touched it in 2 years but I don’t know how to sell it without demonstrating for the buyer it works.
GS not a bad option if the +50 promo is still going, or sell locally.

I'd be interested in purchasing the ps vr if you're selling.

I got one yesterday at the Walmart launch.  I was beating my head against the wall for months.  I came here, saw people said go to twitter and follow this and that guy and I ran across Jake Randall.  He's saying use all these tips and tricks...  I'm thinking "Look at this huckster trying to get followers."  I watched his Wal-Mart video and five minutes later I checked out with a PS5.

1. Have your phone on the product page and your computer on checkout with your account signed in and a credit card saved (remember the CCV)

2. When 3:00 comes, mash add to cart on your phone and wait for a buzz/click/whatever.  Then refresh until it show it in cart on your computer.

3. Wait until the time changes to their next stock drop (3:10, etc) then count to three.

4. Click checkout on your computer.

It's completely ridiculous what you have to know/do to get one of these.

I got one yesterday at the Walmart launch. I was beating my head against the wall for months. I came here, saw people said go to twitter and follow this and that guy and I ran across Jake Randall. He's saying use all these tips and tricks... I'm thinking "Look at this huckster trying to get followers." I watched his Wal-Mart video and five minutes later I checked out with a PS5.

1. Have your phone on the product page and your computer on checkout with your account signed in and a credit card saved (remember the CCV)

2. When 3:00 comes, mash add to cart on your phone and wait for a buzz/click/whatever. Then refresh until it show it in cart on your computer.

3. Wait until the time changes to their next stock drop (3:10, etc) then count to three.

4. Click checkout on your computer.

It's completely ridiculous what you have to know/do to get one of these.
And this above is why while following this thread I'm sitting out as long as it takes to get a PS5 when I want and not from one of these random drops

I was lucky enough to be able to get one yesterday at Walmart. Doing the add to cart trick 1 minute before the 4:00pm drop. I’ll probably sell my Pro on OfferUp or EBay and get 1/2 of my money back from buying the PS5.

bread's done
Back