Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Hello-questions.png

Have people who placed orders from the last Walmart drop (last week I think?) received theirs or at least shipping confirmation?
I placed my order back on 3/4 and got the fedex shipping notification before anything from Walmart (app notification/email). I got the text yesterday (3/18) and it's out for delivery today.

I was lucky enough to be able to get one yesterday at Walmart. Doing the add to cart trick 1 minute before the 4:00pm drop. I’ll probably sell my Pro on OfferUp or EBay and get 1/2 of my money back from buying the PS5.
I'm doing the same. How's offerup to deal with?? Want to get the best price out of my PS4/XBO.

Was lucky enough to get both a XBSX and PS5 yesterday from Walmart.

Any fellow CAG's are welcomed and thanked for any help.

Have people who placed orders from the last Walmart drop (last week I think?) received theirs or at least shipping confirmation?
Still waiting on my order from 3/4 to ship. Not happy Walmart did a whole new round of sales before filling orders from over 2 weeks ago.

Walmart sill has not updated anything.  It's said preparing order since I got through the other day.  Looks like the games I got on ebay will get to me before the console which means I'll have something to play.  Found Cold War for $37 (after $10 off coupon that showed up in my profile today) and the Ultimate version of Miles Morales for $45.

This is why manuals are good to have... So the button on the controller can mute the mic, right? They don't tell you holding it for a sec (like when you fumble for the PS button) can mute the whole console. I just spent minutes wondering WTF happened.

This is why manuals are good to have... So the button on the controller can mute the mic, right? They don't tell you holding it for a sec (like when you fumble for the PS button) can mute the whole console. I just spent minutes wondering WTF happened.
this is why nobody includes manuals anymore, nobody looks at them. check page 11 of your ps5 quick start guide

this is why nobody includes manuals anymore, nobody looks at them. check page 11 of your ps5 quick start guide
Look, that's the fault of stupid people if they don't read it. I like to know what does what on my new products. Why should I suffer?

*I even read most of the book that came with the car I got 2 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting on my order from 3/4 to ship. Not happy Walmart did a whole new round of sales before filling orders from over 2 weeks ago.
I ordered the PS5 on that same day, Shipped on 3/8 then I got it on 3/10. (Would've got it on 3/9 except FedEx delayed the shipping by 1 day).

Agreed, Walmart should've filled the paid-orders(on 3/4) for everyone who didn't get their PS5's 1st to be delivered before starting another sale of their stock of PS5's (OR At least return the customer their money canceling the orders when the stock of PS5's ran out on 3/4, Unless the payment was never charged until its shipped).

Look, that's the fault of stupid people if they don't read it. I like to know what does what on my new products. Why should I suffer?

*I even read most of the book that came with the car I got 2 months ago.
im confused, did you call yourself stupid because you didnt read page 11 of the ps5 quick start guide? it states what the light on the controller means when off, lit and blinking and what happens when you press and hold the mute button.

im confused, did you call yourself stupid because you didnt read page 11 of the ps5 quick start guide? it states what the light on the controller means when off, lit and blinking and what happens when you press and hold the mute button.
Being it said 'quick start' I took a peek and it was all hookups and basics like every other setup manual. Didn't see anything about that feature. The full mute I mean, I saw it turns the mic off.

I'm doing the same. How's offerup to deal with?? Want to get the best price out of my PS4/XBO.
Was lucky enough to get both a XBSX and PS5 yesterday from Walmart.
Any fellow CAG's are welcomed and thanked for any help.
It’s pretty straightforward. Face to face meeting in a public place. Make sure the money you receive isn’t counterfeit. I sold my Pro for $275 with 2 controllers and 2 games. So basically I bought the PS5 for $152.

It’s pretty straightforward. Face to face meeting in a public place. Make sure the money you receive isn’t counterfeit. I sold my Pro for $275 with 2 controllers and 2 games. So basically I bought the PS5 for $152.
Thanks for the info. I think I will try to use this to sale my consoles.

Thanks for your help, you are a good CAG

Thanks for the info. I think I will try to use this to sale my consoles. I can meet them in front of my bank where I can have the money tested for being fake and hopefully finish the transaction

Huh? I have been dealing with Craigslist and offer up for like 15 years now. I have never once gotten any counterfeit money. I did not know that you can take cash into a bank to make sure it's real. I would be interested to find out if the buyer is willing to follow you into a bank and wait in line for you to make sure the money is real. My highest priced item I have sold was a car for $3350 off Craigslist. It was straight cash homie. I also bought a car for 8 grand. All cash. I'm sure for high-priced items you can always get a money order or cashier's check.

If you are that paranoid that someone is going to give you counterfeit 20s, I suppose you can ask them about the bank thing. I have never heard of that before.

Thanks for the info. I think I will try to use this to sale my consoles. I can meet them in front of my bank where I can have the money tested for being fake and hopefully finish the transaction

If you are that paranoid about getting fake money just spend like $5 and buy a counterfeit money detector marker that the bank probably will use. It will save you a trip into the bank and will speed the process up for you and your buyer.

Huh? I have been dealing with Craigslist and offer up for like 15 years now. I have never once gotten any counterfeit money. I did not know that you can take cash into a bank to make sure it's real. I would be interested to find out if the buyer is willing to follow you into a bank and wait in line for you to make sure the money is real. My highest priced item I have sold was a car for $3350 off Craigslist. It was straight cash homie. I also bought a car for 8 grand. All cash. I'm sure for high-priced items you can always get a money order or cashier's check.

If you are that paranoid that someone is going to give you counterfeit 20s, I suppose you can ask them about the bank thing. I have never heard of that before.
You could also meet at an ATM so you see the money get spit out. That does not work with super expensive stuff as there is usually a daily limit at the atm.

If you are that paranoid about getting fake money just spend like $5 and buy a counterfeit money detector marker that the bank probably will use. It will save you a trip into the bank and will speed the process up for you and your buyer.
Good ideal, Thanks for the tip. Didn't think about that.

I've been scammed on CL with fake bills before. Was a hassle and I end up loosing the money despite a police report, picture of the persons car / license plate and photo of them.

I now meet only at a police station, bank or university (as all have security and security cameras), check the bills with a counterfeit pen, view the serial numbers on the bills and if worst comes to worst, go inside the police station or bank to have them check. Rather be safe than have that happen again.

You could also meet at an ATM so you see the money get spit out. That does not work with super expensive stuff as there is usually a daily limit at the atm.
Fake money can go into an ATM and get processed (not normally but it does happen). Than you get a letter from your bank saying you gave them fake money. The ATM isn't perfect and can still accept fakes, but the money is checked again and they usually catch it with that check. Get a counterfeit pen at least or go into the bank, don't rely on the ATM alone.

I've been scammed on CL with fake bills before. Was a hassle and I end up loosing the money despite a police report, picture of the persons car / license plate and photo of them.

I now meet only at a police station, bank or university (as all have security and security cameras), check the bills with a counterfeit pen, view the serial numbers on the bills and if worst comes to worst, go inside the police station or bank to have them check. Rather be safe than have that happen again.

Fake money can go into an ATM and get processed (not normally but it does happen). Than you get a letter from your bank saying you gave them fake money. The ATM isn't perfect and can still accept fakes, but the money is checked again and they usually catch it with that check. Get a counterfeit pen at least or go into the bank, don't rely on the ATM alone.
Well that sucks and of course, not everyone has the same experiences. I just have a hard time believing that someone buying a used console for lets say $300 is going to wait there while the seller takes out a pen and marks all the 20's and verifies all the serial numbers or agrees to go into a bank with them. To each their own.

Well that sucks and of course, not everyone has the same experiences. I just have a hard time believing that someone buying a used console for lets say $300 is going to wait there while the seller takes out a pen and marks all the 20's and verifies all the serial numbers or agrees to go into a bank with them. To each their own.
I sell very often on CL and OfferUp. It takes barely 30 seconds to mark the bills with a pen to see if they turn. Someone might not be willing to go into the bank / police station, and that's fine, I personally don't meet with people not willing to take 5 minutes to do that (since a teller doesn't have the check the bills, there are associates all around who can).

I've never had to actually go into the bank / police station though. Counterfeit pen works greatly each time. I also don't check all the bills, just random ones. No need to check 40 bills when I can check 10-15 random ones. Again, takes barely 30 seconds to do this and check some serials.

If you, as the buyer, has a problem with someone checking the bills, I'd assume you're doing something shady and wouldn't want to sell to you either.

But as you said, to each their own. But for something expensive, regardless of what the item is, you should take precautions. That 5 minutes is going to save you a lot of hassle avoiding fake cash or other scams.

EDIT: Short story.
Had a guy come out to buy a bunch of games from me. Told him I need to check the cash before he checks the games just to make sure the cash isn't fake. I stood directly in front of him with the games on the ground. He can see them, but I'm not giving it to him until I see the cash to make sure the right amount is there and it isn't fake.

He refused and said he'll count it instead. Explained I still need to check if the bills are fake. He hands me one bill. I said, no, I need to check all the bills. Still tries to give me the one bill. I mark it and the pen ink turns black, so it's fake. I handed him his $20 back, took my games and left. His passenger in the car just started to laugh and speed away.

These precautions may seem like overkill to some but I don't trust everyone and those few minutes to check saves me money and time. Worth it for me.

Not specifically to do with the PS5 but this issue is coming for last gen systems.

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1374034203826909196

Basically, digital games even those downloaded on the system will not work on the PS3. On the PS4 the issue is worst because physical games also won't work. You can read more in that text thread but a lot of people are going to find that their games are useless in the coming months.

At least emulators and modded consoles are here regardless of this issue.

What thread is this? I knew digital was kinda at risk for the future but considering people used to change the clock for certain trophies I don't see why the clock would affect a game as long as it's on the console.

What thread is this? I knew digital was kinda at risk for the future but considering people used to change the clock for certain trophies I don't see why the clock would affect a game as long as it's on the console.
Internal clocks die. From my understanding, you can change the clock but that new clock needs to get reauthorized. But with no servers, there is nothing to authorize that new clock. So there is nothing for that game to get confirmation that it isn't pirated and is legit.

The twitter feed has a lot more information on it.

Internal clocks die. From my understanding, you can change the clock but that new clock needs to get reauthorized. But with no servers, there is nothing to authorize that new clock. So there is nothing for that game to get confirmation that it isn't pirated and is legit.

The twitter feed has a lot more information on it.
So it's a what-if. I've never had an internal clock die. Batteries run out but those can be fixed. I'm not sure we have to worry about no servers soon. Even if games shut down the PS3 uses PSN and I don't see that going away. Still unsure how a clock regulates a piracy check. I've never used Twit and the video doesn't play.

In any case we're moving towards new territory as different consoles enter the retro category. Can they be patched or preserved? I'm sure the modding community is on it, would the companies do the right thing for our collections or risk the blowback by suggesting we purchase a new copy? I've amassed a hefty collection and occasionally go back to the classics knowing they'll be there when I want. I do not intend on repurchasing anything. This could be a neat topic if we want to branch it out of the PS5 treasure hunt.

So it's a what-if. I've never had an internal clock die. Batteries run out but those can be fixed. I'm not sure we have to worry about no servers soon. Even if games shut down the PS3 uses PSN and I don't see that going away. Still unsure how a clock regulates a piracy check. I've never used Twit and the video doesn't play.

In any case we're moving towards new territory as different consoles enter the retro category. Can they be patched or preserved? I'm sure the modding community is on it, would the companies do the right thing for our collections or risk the blowback by suggesting we purchase a new copy? I've amassed a hefty collection and occasionally go back to the classics knowing they'll be there when I want. I do not intend on repurchasing anything. This could be a neat topic if we want to branch it out of the PS5 treasure hunt.
It has already affected some games that servers have shut down / were removed from PSN in PS3's and PSP's that went offline. So it isn't what if, it already happens.

The twitter feed has a lot more information from modders who are currently trying to find ways around the problem for those without modded systems.

I can see two ways around this with patches where Sony invalidates all DRM measures or each individual developers patches their games to not require this check. Both aren't likely to happen though as Sony has no reason to support old consoles and developers have long since stop production on those games. That whole twitter feed is from the modding community though, they are trying to deal with it now before the complete shut down happens.

There are ways around it now but it only works before the shutdown happens and appears to only work for maybe 10 years before the internal clock dies again and you're back to square 1.

It's unfortunate but we knew this topic would come up eventually when these servers completely shut down. Not that most will notice their games don't work until they turn on their PS3's after the shutdown / after their clocks die and realize their whole collection doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: Kotaku released an article on the topic. https://kotaku.com/so-called-pirates-are-doing-the-work-when-publishers-fa-1846533244

Some tweets describing the problem:

Explaining the problem for PS4s

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1374038017254563846

Showing this already happens with select PS4 games that have their servers shut

https://twitter.com/desgamesyt/status/1374047714539753472

Temporary workaround / inconvenient workaround

https://twitter.com/DraconicA24/status/1374066116281131010

Explaining how this is a bigger issue for Xbox systems

https://twitter.com/DoesItPlay1/status/1374048767301857280

It has already affected some games that servers have shut down / were removed from PSN in PS3's and PSP's that went offline. So it isn't what if, it already happens.

The twitter feed has a lot more information from modders who are currently trying to find ways around the problem for those without modded systems.
I buy my games on disc when possible so I'm covered there. From the little bit I see it's a security thing nobody noticed before. Everything I click on asks me to register so I'm not doing that. What a stupid setup for that site.

Oh well, modders have unlocked and preserved most everything else so in due time these consoles should be safe.

Woke up with the pending Wal-Mart charge off my account. Hoping this is a good sign like with my Xbox pre-order.
My charge has been pending since the order and the site has said preparing since then too.

Direct has the Sackboy special edition for $70. It's PS4 with a free upgrade but does not work on the digital PS5.

I can see two ways around this with patches where Sony invalidates all DRM measures or each individual developers patches their games to not require this check. Both aren't likely to happen though as Sony has no reason to support old consoles and developers have long since stop production on those games. That whole twitter feed is from the modding community though, they are trying to deal with it now before the complete shut down happens.

There are ways around it now but it only works before the shutdown happens and appears to only work for maybe 10 years before the internal clock dies again and you're back to square 1.

It's unfortunate but we knew this topic would come up eventually when these servers completely shut down. Not that most will notice their games don't work until they turn on their PS3's after the shutdown / after their clocks die and realize their whole collection doesn't work anymore.
You're right they aren't obligated to, but as this is new territory I think when word gets out that disc based consoles aren't future proof like cart based ones, Sony would feel a need to fix it as a sign of goodwill that our purchases will not 'expire' after a decade or so. Especially these days as any ridiculous friggin thing turns into a social media sensation. Assuming you boot it every so often that battery could last ages, some of my NES games held saves for like forever. We just don't know.

bread's done
Back