Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Yeah got in the Queue and that was a cluster then get in and alas sold out....  they did inform me I could buy games and accessories though....  um and do what exactly with them Sony....   im tired of trying for this thing.

Yeah got in the Queue and that was a cluster then get in and alas sold out.... they did inform me I could buy games and accessories though.... um and do what exactly with them Sony.... im tired of trying for this thing.
You'll get one eventually so no reason to not grab a game if the right deal comes up. Hell I had 3 games before the console.

I managed to get a second PS5 last week, this time via Direct Queue.  Not for reselling - I don't do that.  Just so my son can have his own for when we play multiplayer games together.

What worked for me is what other people have been saying: load up the Direct Queue on seriously as many browsers and devices as you can.  I was doing only one or two browsers at a time initially and had no luck. As soon as I switched to 4-5 (that's 2-3 devices and a browser or two on each), it worked.  I got into the queue twice.  The first time just sold out a minute after I got into the store, but the second time, I managed to get an order in.

If you have old phones or computers or tablets or whatever laying around, boot em up.  If you can get 10 browsers onto the queue, I'd wager your odds are > 50%.  Just estimating based on what I've seen with queue times, as about 75% of the time I got "more than an hour" and those are the ones I never got into the store with.

Something I haven't seen people mention before is that you get better shipping options if you have an active PS+ subscription.  I was in too much of a rush to checkout to look at the details, but it was either faster or free.  I added a controller to my cart for free shipping before I knew that..so the controller might not have been necessary.

Something I haven't seen people mention before is that you get better shipping options if you have an active PS+ subscription. I was in too much of a rush to checkout to look at the details, but it was either faster or free. I added a controller to my cart for free shipping before I knew that..so the controller might not have been necessary.
Free standard or express shipping for PS Plus members.

Sears, like Walmart, Target and Amazon has a marketplace for other sellers to sell on their platform. It's not that they support scalping, they only allow people to sell without a price ceiling.
Which is like saying "we don't support police officers shooting people in the back, we just don't hold them responsible when they do."

If you don't support a practice, then don't allow the practice to take place. If you don't support people reselling an item for 3x MSRP, don't allow them to use your platform to resell the item for 3x MSRP. It reflects negatively on you, and all the "oh, WE don't support that" in the world is just so much mealy-mouthed word lawyering.

I guarantee you Sears is still getting a cut of those sales for giving the scalper a platform from which to sell. They aren't hosting those sellers out of the goodness of their hearts.

Which is like saying "we don't support police officers shooting people in the back, we just don't hold them responsible when they do."

If you don't support a practice, then don't allow the practice to take place. If you don't support people reselling an item for 3x MSRP, don't allow them to use your platform to resell the item for 3x MSRP. It reflects negatively on you, and all the "oh, WE don't support that" in the world is just so much mealy-mouthed word lawyering.

I guarantee you Sears is still getting a cut of those sales for giving the scalper a platform from which to sell. They aren't hosting those sellers out of the goodness of their hearts.
That's some reach. You can say that but they don't support it, they just don't care. They sell products, they have others sell products on their site. That's it. Just like any other site, if someone isn't selling something illegally or a restricted item, they don't care or have reason to do anything about it.

It isn't even just PS5's. Sears website (and all those other websites) has had sellers selling over MSRP for years. They even show eBay listings from time to time under their product listings. This is business as usual for them.

I guess you can complain to them about it, or just not buy from those sellers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you hear that? Sears definitely still has stores open. Not much though but they still have 29 stores open nationwide. And they still operate and ship goods online.
They went from being the largest retailer in the nation to filing for bankruptcy and having only 29 stores (and that number will likely continue shrinking). Even just a few minutes of browsing their website you'll see that the vast majority of their products are sold by third parties. I have fond memories of looking through the annual Sears catalog as a kid so it pains me to say it, but you can put a fork in Sears.

Don't be that guy... People are to blame, not the stores, sites, tools, whatever they use. Our Sears closed so I'm a little surprised they still have a presence.

They went from being the largest retailer in the nation to filing for bankruptcy and having only 29 stores (and that number will likely continue shrinking). Even just a few minutes of browsing their website you'll see that the vast majority of their products are sold by third parties. I have fond memories of looking through the annual Sears catalog as a kid so it pains me to say it, but you can put a fork in Sears.
The largest share holder has held negative positions on the company for years. I’ll try to find an article for ya but it’s easily googled

Does anyone know if you still get the 5% discount using the Target Redcard to purchase a PS5 from Target?  I assume you would, but I wouldn't be surprised if there some items (hot items like this) that would be excluded.

Does anyone know if you still get the 5% discount using the Target Redcard to purchase a PS5 from Target? I assume you would, but I wouldn't be surprised if there some items (hot items like this) that would be excluded.
Yes 5% discount still works.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if you still get the 5% discount using the Target Redcard to purchase a PS5 from Target? I assume you would, but I wouldn't be surprised if there some items (hot items like this) that would be excluded.
Absolutely works. I've done it.

Jake is streaming tomorrow morning for Target. When he streams, it usually means a drop is happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiZoXDvvh30

PS5 disc already went live ^^^

Target in store pick up. Still a good amount in stock for stores.

They went live 20 mins ago. I couldn't check out at 4 or 5 stores.  Now sold out.

5% was coming off at check out.

I couldn't even log into my account for the first 4 or 5 mins.  Probably lost right there.

If you can add to cart keep trying, took me like ten minutes of going to cart and trying to check out to get though on the app.

Just got mine delivered from the March 18th Walmart drop.  Said April 8 when I ordered it.  WM shipping is as bad as Amazon.  Just cosmetic damage to the box, so no big deal.

My situation is exactly the same, just waiting for it to be delivered. I got the shipping notification Tuesday evening.
Which specific drop did you order in (if you can track or remember)? I can see mine was the 4th (3:30). Just curious if they're going by order number.

It comes with the PS4 collection on PS5 which is a bunch of great PS4 games. That should hold you over. Lol
Only to PS+ members but yeah, 20 PS4 best sellers.

"At PS5 console launch, we are pleased to add new benefits to your PlayStation Plus membership at no additional cost. This includes the recently announced PlayStation Plus Collection."

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/

Don't forget the monthly freebies. Last month was Destruction All Stars which I added to the library before, and Maquette this month. Astro is also preinstalled so anyone who nabs a PS5 doesn't truly have 'nothing' to play.

I mean it’s cool. I’ll just keep enjoying my game pass on series x until something I want to play hits a price I’m willing to pay.

My order from 3/4 FINALLY made it. Relieved for sure, but wow the transfer from PS4 is absolute crap. Couldn't detect my ps4 via WiFi, couldn't detect it from LAN cable. Finally got it to find my ps4 (no idea how), was told it would take 30 minutes to transfer my stuff (a few games and system stuff not on my external). I let it start then walked away. Came back in 30 and the PS5 was sitting at the main screen while my ps4 was still on the transfer screen. Couldn't do anything with it. Had to restart in safe mode, redownload the most recent update (I had already updated it before) and rebuild my ps4. Got it all set up again, went to the PS5 and noticed it was trying to download some stuff and now was saying 78 hours!! What a mess!

I'd like to say the transfer of stuff was way easier on the Series X (I have a large external drive that fit all my xbox games) but that thing would not connect to my wifi for anything when I first started it. Had to update over my phone hotspot before it could connect to my internet.

Early impressions of both systems setup processes were not good.

My order from 3/4 FINALLY made it. Relieved for sure, but wow the transfer from PS4 is absolute crap. Couldn't detect my ps4 via WiFi, couldn't detect it from LAN cable. Finally got it to find my ps4 (no idea how), was told it would take 30 minutes to transfer my stuff (a few games and system stuff not on my external). I let it start then walked away. Came back in 30 and the PS5 was sitting at the main screen while my ps4 was still on the transfer screen. Couldn't do anything with it. Had to restart in safe mode, redownload the most recent update (I had already updated it before) and rebuild my ps4. Got it all set up again, went to the PS5 and noticed it was trying to download some stuff and now was saying 78 hours!! What a mess!

I'd like to say the transfer of stuff was way easier on the Series X (I have a large external drive that fit all my xbox games) but that thing would not connect to my wifi for anything when I first started it. Had to update over my phone hotspot before it could connect to my internet.

Early impressions of both systems setup processes were not good.
My transfer said it would take 30 minutes but in reality it took a couple of hours. It was "done" with the PS5 stuff but everything didn't get actually moved on to my PS5 until a couple of hours. Your PS4 will tell you what's going on. If it's still transferring, just let it do its thing.

My transfer said it would take 30 minutes but in reality it took a couple of hours. It was "done" with the PS5 stuff but everything didn't get actually moved on to my PS5 until a couple of hours. Your PS4 will tell you what's going on. If it's still transferring, just let it do its thing.
Yeah that's probably what I should have done. Already went with the nuclear option and stopped everything and am doing it manually now. Not sure why there wasn't some kind of process bar or notification on the PS5 since the PS4 becomes totally unresponsive during this process.

Astro's Playroom was a pleasant delight to have. It's like a condensed Ratchet & Clank, Knack (the good parts) and LittleBigPlanet with enough difference showcasing the PS5 controller that it feels fresh. End up getting a Platinum in it, only wish the game was longer.

Yeah that's probably what I should have done. Already went with the nuclear option and stopped everything and am doing it manually now. Not sure why there wasn't some kind of process bar or notification on the PS5 since the PS4 becomes totally unresponsive during this process.
You should have googled it. I did and the article told me it would take a couple of hours. You just got impatient. I get it.

Astro's Playroom was a pleasant delight to have. It's like a condensed Ratchet & Clank, Knack (the good parts) and LittleBigPlanet with enough difference showcasing the PS5 controller that it feels fresh. End up getting a Platinum in it, only wish the game was longer.
I mostly agree. Big fan of platformers and the games you mentioned. Going for the plat felt just about right. Sure I'd love a sequel in a year or so but I like when games don't pad on repetitive hours of gameplay and drag down the whole product. Shorter games are good for those with a backlog, ha.

Bestbuy drop last Friday came early!
a9cc960426f32534cde9fd1590db1da3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back