Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Bestbuy drop last Friday came early!
a9cc960426f32534cde9fd1590db1da3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
You better buckle that guy up!

Finally snagged one at Target. Was sitting in my car before work when the dropped happened. Literally hit place order 20 times on my phone, error. Went to my work computer first time place ordered worked. Tried Astro's Playroom, and for a free tech demo, really great.

Cannot make this stuff up man. The GOOD Lord as my witness I was in bed thinking, I wonder if target is going to hit today. Mind you I just got home from work, and I was long titty tired. I should’ve been out cold resting for the next shift.

As soon as I opened the app, the drop hit and I got the Twitter group notification. Still took me about 20 minutes of spamming, but I did cook a disc. That darned digi though sheesh. I was eagerly awaiting that and still didn’t have a shot. As soon as the digi died I passed out, missed all the shoe drops

Cannot make this stuff up man. The GOOD Lord as my witness I was in bed thinking, I wonder if target is going to hit today. Mind you I just got home from work, and I was long titty tired. I should’ve been out cold resting for the next shift.

As soon as I opened the app, the drop hit and I got the Twitter group notification. Still took me about 20 minutes of spamming, but I did cook a disc. That darned digi though sheesh. I was eagerly awaiting that and still didn’t have a shot. As soon as the digi died I passed out, missed all the shoe drops
Good to see you actually got one.

congratulations on your new PS5!    Promise to take care of her real good!       Welcome to your 665 GB of game install storage management issues first world problems.     Sony, we need expansion solutions asap. 

Did anyone get a PS5 with disc at Best Buy today?  I was at lunch and by the time time I got back to a computer (about 10 mins after the tweet) it seemed to be over.  I had a extra controller bundle waiting on please wait but it never went through.  By the time the add to cart button was lit it didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
or don't play Call of Duty. Not playing that saves a ton of space.
Heh, way ahead of ya. I wouldn't devalue my collection with that game. But seriously, discs install faster and let you offload games that aren't being used right now. Plus they look better than a bunch of USB drives.

I’m still waiting for mines to be shipped from the 3/18 drop
no notification. Just had to keep checking the site.

Meanwhile I've got several games in waiting on the system.
-Spider-man Ultimate with working codes for pre-order and the first game remaster for $45 total on ebay
-Black Ops Cold War for $47 total on ebay
-Sackboy Special Edition for $69

I've got RE Village and Deathloop on pre-order at Best Buy (Steelbooks!). I might check out the new Ratchet and Clank later, but anything else will be on Xbox as it's my main system. Outside of that I can't think of much else on PS5 any time soon. No interest in Souls games so I won't touch that one.

Edit: Just got the notification for the PS5 shipping. It for some reason started in Georgia, went to Texas, and is heading to me in Arkansas.

Edit 2: After getting the Texas alert last night, this morning I got an email saying out for delivery. It was delivered 5 minutes later. Wal-mart or fedex must have a crackhead pushing buttons for package tracking or something.

Edit 3: I knew it was big. I knew it was heavy. I wasn't prepared for how big and heavy.

A few Targets around me had the Sony Dualsense Charging Station in stock today.  I have one ready for pickup at a store across town.

A few Targets around me had the Sony Dualsense Charging Station in stock today. I have one ready for pickup at a store across town.
I found one on Etsy of all places at MSRP and ordered it. Found one at Walmart later that same day. Etsy doesn't have a clear cancelation method, so we'll see if I wind up with two.

I'm getting some PS4 games installed on my new system and it looks like Sony still can't make an easy way to install DLC you own.  The store pages don't even list dlc for the games.

This is it. If I don't get either a PS5 or an XSX from Target's drop this week, I'm not even going to try again until stock is easily available.
Just keep clicking the place order button once you have gotten it to cart. I tried one store on my phone and a different store on my laptop. Laptop went through. I am sure you know how to order from Target. If you can, go into some of your local stores and see the inventory before and set the one with the most as your store. As long as you get a store with them in stock, you can get one with the mad man clicking of the place order button.

Uh I last tried a month ago, Then I decided it's not worth playing the maybe I'll get it this time game. I'm cool waiting till I wont need to do a look see on Jake Randall's twitter which I only do for a laugh
Who knows how long the shortages will last. I know it's annoying, I didn't 'need' one yet but the stimulus was ready and Wally was good to me a couple weeks ago. Basically it comes down to who wants it more. If you're good for now that's fine.

Who knows how long the shortages will last. I know it's annoying, I didn't 'need' one yet but the stimulus was ready and Wally was good to me a couple weeks ago. Basically it comes down to who wants it more. If you're good for now that's fine.
All things considered I did get my PS4 two years after launch on Black Friday 2015 so I wasnt in a rush then and I am not now. Maybe it'll be on shelves in the fall/winter. If it isnt well I have a backlog of games that easily can last well in 2022

Its insane the level of reselling my FB market place is loaded with PS5's and the people you see selling them are just people you would never expect... Even seen an old guy selling one im like WTF... At the end of the day though I really dont know if the PS5 is worth all ths drama.. I was able to preorder a Series X and I am very happy with the system so far.

Not to get too far off topic, but did the PS4 receive a price reduction after it was released? (i.e. did it launch at one price and then drop after a year or two).  And if so, what are the chances that the same will happen with the PS5?

Not to get too far off topic, but did the PS4 receive a price reduction after it was released? (i.e. did it launch at one price and then drop after a year or two). And if so, what are the chances that the same will happen with the PS5?
nearly 2 years after launch it dropped $50 in North America.

They dropped it to match the price of the xbox one, so i wouldnt expect them to lead the way in price drops this gen either. main thing would be if they start putting out new SKUs with different size hard drives, that usually leads to the original model price getting knocked down.

Just keep clicking the place order button once you have gotten it to cart. I tried one store on my phone and a different store on my laptop. Laptop went through. I am sure you know how to order from Target. If you can, go into some of your local stores and see the inventory before and set the one with the most as your store. As long as you get a store with them in stock, you can get one with the mad man clicking of the place order button.
I know there is a shit ton of hype with the PS5, though button mashing really isn't needed. target seems to drop every Thursday morning, and just knowing that makes the PS5 easy to get, just as long as you have a store nearby. I could have bought one weekly for a while now. I finally pulled the trigger a few weeks back just because I had some extra gift cards, and in that time I've played one game for about three hours, Astro's Playroom. The first two weeks I had it it sat in the box, I had to force myself to keep it instead of just returning it.

There really isn't a reason to own the console at this point, it's like buying a new $2,000 gaming PC when your "old" one is hitting the two year mark. Sounds cool on paper/specs, the hype isn't justified in the end.

My point is, don't sweat it if doesn't pan out now. No one is missing out on anything big at this time. When some exclusive games come out later this year and more PS4 to PS5 upgrades come out, then it should be better.

Got a $15 Amazon GC for participating in a PC beta, and found a DualSense in "acceptable" condition for 45.xx. jumped on it for 30 out of pocket. Showed up today, looks friggin' pristine.

So I have a charger, I possibly have a second controller (gonna test it on my PC to make sure there isn't a broken stick or something) and now just gotta wait for my console to arrive.

That's it, I'm out.  I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm clock went off so I decided I'd get out of bed early and check for updates.  I strolled over to my iPad and found no new tweets from James Randall other than that there may be a 50/50 chance of a drop today.  Then I started up the Target app just to check things out, when out of nowhere a new Tweet comes in saying PS5 has dropped.  I figured "this must be meant to be!"

I immediately went back to the app and found that my local store had some.  I quickly added it to my cart — I was already signed in and payment info was saved — and went to check out.  I then received a message saying that I could not check out because the status of the item in my cart had changed.  I tried checking out again and again for the next 10 minutes with no success.

Maybe this is fun for some of you, but it sure isn't for me.  fuck this shit.  Sony and Microsoft won't be getting my money until they can provide some real inventory.

That's it, I'm out. I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm clock went off so I decided I'd get out of bed early and check for updates. I strolled over to my iPad and found no new tweets from James Randall other than that there may be a 50/50 chance of a drop today. Then I started up the Target app just to check things out, when out of nowhere a new Tweet comes in saying PS5 has dropped. I figured "this must be meant to be!"

I immediately went back to the app and found that my local store had some. I quickly added it to my cart — I was already signed in and payment info was saved — and went to check out. I then received a message saying that I could not check out because the status of the item in my cart had changed. I tried checking out again and again for the next 10 minutes with no success.

Maybe this is fun for some of you, but it sure isn't for me. fuck this shit. Sony and Microsoft won't be getting my money until they can provide some real inventory.
We have gone over this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. You have to keep clicking on place order. I told you I had to do it for 20 minutes between my laptop and cell phone with different stores.

You only tried for 10 minutes correct? Did you get a message stating that no targets have any in stock within 50 miles or did you simply just give up? Why didn't you also try it on your desktop? Did you only use your iPad or cell phone? Unless you got an out-of-stock message that popped up, you probably could have gotten one if you just kept trying. I don't know how many times we can state here that you need to use multiple devices and just keep trying until the website literally takes it out of your cart or you see that no stores have it in stock within 50 miles.

5.5.GB/s.    the custom speed of the custom NVME ssd of the PS5.      It honestly fails to impress on games.   SpidermanMilesMorales, Sackboy Big Adventure, Godfall, Astrobot; Destruction All Stars; fortnite.     I played every one of these titles.      NVME ssd is a hugely overrated tech feature of both new consoles. 

5.5.GB/s. the custom speed of the custom NVME ssd of the PS5. It honestly fails to impress on games. SpidermanMilesMorales, Sackboy Big Adventure, Godfall, Astrobot; Destruction All Stars; fortnite. I played every one of these titles. NVME ssd is a hugely overrated tech feature of both new consoles.
?
giphy.gif

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

We have gone over this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. You have to keep clicking on place order. I told you I had to do it for 20 minutes between my laptop and cell phone with different stores.

You only tried for 10 minutes correct? Did you get a message stating that no targets have any in stock within 50 miles or did you simply just give up? Why didn't you also try it on your desktop? Did you only use your iPad or cell phone? Unless you got an out-of-stock message that popped up, you probably could have gotten one if you just kept trying. I don't know how many times we can state here that you need to use multiple devices and just keep trying until the website literally takes it out of your cart or you see that no stores have it in stock within 50 miles.
Each time I tried to check out, it said the item in my cart was no longer available. I kept trying because that's how I ended up getting a Switch.

After about 10 minutes of trying (from my iPad) I tried from my desktop and the desktop site ended up removing the item from my cart, so even when I went back to my iPad, it was now gone from my cart and I no longer had an option to check out, nor an option to re-add it to my cart because by this point, the store no longer had any inventory.

5.5.GB/s. the custom speed of the custom NVME ssd of the PS5. It honestly fails to impress on games. SpidermanMilesMorales, Sackboy Big Adventure, Godfall, Astrobot; Destruction All Stars; fortnite. I played every one of these titles. NVME ssd is a hugely overrated tech feature of both new consoles.
That’s odd man. The lack of load times/minimal load times is my favorite thing about current gen.

There has been a lot of marketing hype for PS5/XSX, but the truth is that the vast majority of the time, the PC/Console is loading Random low queue depth data (Random 4K QD1). Here, the speed from the original SATA drives from 10 years ago to modern NVMe drives has been pretty much the same (~50 MB/s).

Old SATA SSD = NVMe SSD = PS5 SSD = XSX SSD = ~50 MB/s

HDD = 60 MB/s Seq | 2 MB/s 4kQD1 = 30s

SATA SSD = 500 MB/s Seq| 50 MB/s 4kQD1 = 10s

NVMe SSD = 3000 MB/s Seq| 50 MB/s 4kQD1 = 10s

You're right....

No one should have to deal with that kind of delay. Give up your video games girls and boys....we are wasting too much time with things not loading optimally

There has been a lot of marketing hype for PS5/XSX, but the truth is that the vast majority of the time, the PC/Console is loading Random low queue depth data (Random 4K QD1). Here, the speed from the original SATA drives from 10 years ago to modern NVMe drives has been pretty much the same (~50 MB/s).

Old SATA SSD = NVMe SSD = PS5 SSD = XSX SSD = ~50 MB/s

HDD = 60 MB/s Seq | 2 MB/s 4kQD1 = 30s

SATA SSD = 500 MB/s Seq| 50 MB/s 4kQD1 = 10s

NVMe SSD = 3000 MB/s Seq| 50 MB/s 4kQD1 = 10s <-- PS5/XSX is about here

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/fxi55m/real_world_tests_of_game_loading_times_pc_storage/

Then give up gaming and piss off. We get it, you don't like the PS5

bread's done
Back