Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

How does this Best Buy "release more inventory" thing even work? You just wait on the page and the button will turn yellow by itself? Or do you have to refresh?

It let me add one to cart, but then because there were no stores within 250 miles of me for pickup, I couldn't check out. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!   Played Returnal last night; it is such a cool vibe world design of Metroid/Alien films/Prometheus films.      Very cool aesthetic, and tight fun game play design as well!    music and sound effects combined with graphics make for a stellar experience!     out of this world experience.

I was finally able to score a PS5 disc version at Walmart for delivery.

Probably shouldn't have bought it with recent expenses but after trying for soo long I was like if it lets me check out on the first try its mine.  

Good luck to everyone else still trying.  

If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me.  Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out.  Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol.

And yes, I would like it at retail + shipping.

If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me. Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out. Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol.

I want one as well for retail and I will pay for shipping but I want a receipt to verify actual shipping cost

I want one as well for retail and I will pay for shipping but I want a receipt to verify actual shipping cost
So both of you want someone to spend time and effort to get you a console, and foot the time to drop off, to not get a solid penny from you? At least try to be more appreciative of someone else.

And no I’m not asking you to give up a $50 or anything but don’t sound demanding when asking for a sought item like this please

So both of you want someone to spend time and effort to get you a console, and foot the time to drop off, to not get a solid penny from you? At least try to be more appreciative of someone else.

And no I’m not asking you to give up a $50 or anything but don’t sound demanding when asking for a sought item like this please
I don't mind trying to help Spraykwon, also known as Wu-tang guy, he offered me his Ghost of Tsushima CE at cost before when he could have easily sold it for a profit.

If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me. Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out. Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol.

No guarantee though but if I see one pop up I'll try to help.

No guarantee though but if I see one pop up I'll try to help.
Appreciate it bro. He has been trying every time and I always send links and what not when they go live. Zero luck, but I did help his bro in law get a digital one lol. Now he is the last one I need to help.

I also still have two Ghost of Tsushima CE's in my garage both sealed. Totally forgot about them until I read your post LOL

I just re-read my post and tried to identify where I sounded "demanding". I mean I did state that I would like it at retail + shipping, but if I had to pay an extra $50 bucks I wouldn't be objected to it.

I decided to rewrite my original post to fit your narrative. Let me know if I nailed it or not:

"If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me immediately or I will find and kill you. Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out. Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol, and if you don't assist me, well it is your funeral.

And yes, I would like it at retail + shipping or I will burn your fucking house down and take a shit on your front lawn."

I just re-read my post and tried to identify where I sounded "demanding". I mean I did state that I would like it at retail + shipping, but if I had to pay an extra $50 bucks I wouldn't be objected to it.

I decided to rewrite my original post to fit your narrative. Let me know if I nailed it or not:

"If anyone scores an extra Digital Edition PS5 by chance, PM me immediately or I will find and kill you. Been trying to get one for my buddy for months and we keep missing out. Dude is the ONLY person in our group without one so I am trying to help him out lol, and if you don't assist me, well it is your funeral.

And yes, I would like it at retail + shipping or I will burn your fucking house down and take a shit on your front lawn."
I mean I could pick apart your post, but I’d rather indulge your OG post with a proper revision. Ready, watch:

Hey if anyone could give an assist in securing a P5 Digi that would be amazing! I know everyone is looking and I know well that the consoles are dick hard at copping, but I’m having some rough luck amongst many success stories here. I know I’m asking for a lot, and I really don’t know if anyone could help, but I’m really trying to get one at retail. If anyone could help me out in any way I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

:shrug:

Also, so I don’t edit my post, I want you to know that I don’t think that you’re a bad person nor have poor intentions, I’m just saying that the post came off as entitled. That’s my only beef. Ask away, that’s the only way you’ll win sometimes but the wording could’ve been better. No need to cock measure here I’m rooting for you my mans.

Appreciate it bro.  He has been trying every time and I always send links and what not when they go live.  Zero luck, but I did help his bro in law get a digital one lol.  Now he is the last one I need to help.

I also still have two Ghost of Tsushima CE's in my garage both sealed.  Totally forgot about them until I read your post LOL
Just be sure not to accidentally ship them media mail. Games or consoles are not eligible to be sent media mail. I'm still looking at B&M stores for a PS5 and I'll give updates if I see any.

I mean I could pick apart your post, but I’d rather indulge your OG post with a proper revision. Ready, watch:
Hey if anyone could give an assist in securing a P5 Digi that would be amazing! I know everyone is looking and I know well that the consoles are dick hard at copping, but I’m having some rough luck amongst many success stories here. I know I’m asking for a lot, and I really don’t know if anyone could help, but I’m really trying to get one at retail. If anyone could help me out in any way I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.
:shrug:
All good

I’m not here to pick fights or anything like that. And whenever I’m assisted I’m always grateful for the help. I for sure am not looking for handouts. Could I have worded it a little bit more grateful, sure. But I didn’t think at the time it was necessary. Noted for next time.

And yes if someone does manage to help me out, I’d def be appreciative as all hell.

I am not real tight with anyone here but at work two people were looking for consoles for their kids for Christmas.  If I was able to score one (I wasn't) I would have sold it to them at whatever I paid for it.  Not everyone is out to resell stuff at a premium.  

Kudos to those here willing to hook up a fellow CAG at cost.  

I don't mind trying to help Spraykwon, also known as Wu-tang guy, he offered me his Ghost of Tsushima CE at cost before when he could have easily sold it for a profit.
Not to put a damper on people just helping each other out, but the Tsushima CE could maybe make someone $20-$40 profit for a long period, if that, and why would someone have multiple still sealed if not for scalping? It probably is one that was good to hold onto and is worth more now, but still a big difference in what is being asked for, giving up potentially $400 profit or someone’s own system with no end in sight to the shortages. Nice to help someone out in buying a video game system, but also a pretty big ask of internet strangers. Especially the demand for proof of shipping cost, that’s gotta be a joke right?

Just be sure not to accidentally ship them media mail. Games or consoles are not eligible to be sent media mail. I'm still looking at B&M stores for a PS5 and I'll give updates if I see any.
I would never send an expensive item like a $500 system media mail even if it did qualify. More chance of it being lost and/or damaged as its in the delivery process for much longer time and is not a priority to the post office to get it to where its going like other faster services. I'm not saying priority mail never gets lost or damaged, but I feel its a higher chance for that to happen when an item is sent by media mail over other choices.

Finally scored a bundle from the GS drop today. Now hopefully the store will allow me to return/rebuy like they said they would to save the tax I had to pay.

That's going to make the kids' summer!

They way they are just randomly dropping PS5 sales online to try to combat the resellers is actually just helping them.. I think its time Sony asks the stores to put stock on the floor randomly like Nintendo and MS do.... 

This is obnoxious

Midnight Black features two subtly different shades of black with light grey detailing to reflect how we view space through the night sky, and Cosmic Red offers a striking black and red design inspired by the unique vivid shades of red found throughout the cosmos.

Surprised no one has talked about it yet, but new dualsense colors announced & coming out next month.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/13/two-new-dualsense-wireless-controller-colors-hit-shelves-starting-next-month/
Put in the pre-order for the Midnight Black controller & I already have the black-plates on my PS5.

The faceplate is more midnight blue than black, not sure how they fucked that one up.
Agreed by the way it looks on the picture of the faceplate color on the Midnight Black controler.

Midnight Black features two subtly different shades of black with light grey detailing to reflect how we view space through the night sky, and Cosmic Red offers a striking black and red design inspired by the unique vivid shades of red found throughout the cosmos.
I guess I missed that part, looks like I was right though.

Has there been deals on dualsense yet? Maybe I saw a $10 off before but is that about it? I got two controllers no need for another one unless it’s a really nice color

Has there been deals on dualsense yet? Maybe I saw a $10 off before but is that about it? I got two controllers no need for another one unless it’s a really nice color
Check Amazon warehouse deals, $50-60 range, condition varies. GameStop preowned for $60. But I haven’t seen much discounts on new controllers. That may change with the new colors announced.

Check Amazon warehouse deals, $50-60 range, condition varies. GameStop preowned for $60. But I haven’t seen much discounts on new controllers. That may change with the new colors announced.
Woot had a deal a couple months ago for one for $60, that's when I got my second one. I got some of those replacement faceplates to change the color of the black part of the controllers - they look great. I ordered the new red one (because it looks awesome), but I can't help but wonder how cool the new black controller would look with one of those faceplates in a cool color (maybe blue).

can anybody tell me if that dualsense charging station has one of those plug ins with a usb that goes into a wall plug or just a regular wall plug? dont really have the extra plug in spot but i do have usb charge ports open on my surge protector.

If you are a Target Red Card and a Circle member, you may have gotten a 10% off coupon for an electronic item.

This does not apply to normal dualsense but it works on the preorder for the new colors.

bread's done
Back