Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Question for the people that said they got it. Does it show up on your GS order history? keeps giving me an error but there is a pending charge on my card and i got an email notification saying I got it.
I've had things not show up sometimes until 30 minutes later. I recall some CAGs have talked of phantom orders that never showed up but were charged, but I haven't experienced that either. My best guess is it may show up in a little while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one. I'm sure this has been answered a million times but do they let you swap out the games? I definitely want R&C but I already have Sackboy for PS4 and I think I have DA from PS+.

I got one. I'm sure this has been answered a million times but do they let you swap out the games? I definitely want R&C but I already have Sackboy for PS4 and I think I have DA from PS+.
YMMV, some employees are cool with it and it is possible, but others will refuse for no good reason. You'll have better luck exchanging than returning, as a return technically hurts their numbers which may be why they try to deny people.

YMMV, some employees are cool with it and it is possible, but others will refuse for no good reason. You'll have better luck exchanging than returning, as a return technically hurts their numbers which may be why they try to deny people.
I figured as much. The whole thing is dumb. No reason I couldn't just take the whole thing in, return it all, and then just buy the PS5 back.

im tired... tried and never got anything to show up other then it telling me to log in..
Story of my life.

Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that for me... I've had multiple opportunities but the only time PS5s show up abundantly is when I don't have the money.

Maybe everyone who isn't able to get one should have a party that's like the party thrown for that Kickstarter someone did for making an egg salad sandwich.

Story of my life.

Actually, it's a bit more complicated than that for me... I've had multiple opportunities but the only time PS5s show up abundantly is when I don't have the money.

Maybe everyone who isn't able to get one should have a party that's like the party thrown for that Kickstarter someone did for making an egg salad sandwich.
worst one for me was not checking my email and missing out on an invite from Sony to buy one..

Anyone that got a gamestop bundle know how long it takes for them to email the gift card? Says shipped but no email and I got the bundle from FedEx already.

Anyone that got a gamestop bundle know how long it takes for them to email the gift card? Says shipped but no email and I got the bundle from FedEx already.
That sounds kind of weird. Maybe check spam folder and also check your order page to see what it says about the gift card. When I've ordered gift cards by themselves, they sometimes take two to three days to process, but that's about it.

That sounds kind of weird. Maybe check spam folder and also check your order page to see what it says about the gift card. When I've ordered gift cards by themselves, they sometimes take two to three days to process, but that's about it.
Might be the case then. I ordered it yesterday and it arrived today, so if it takes a couple days to make the gc that makes sense.

I haven't seen my GC yet, but I also got the shipment already. I'm guessing maybe they are running behind sending them out, if I haven't seen it by Monday i'll contact them.

Must be nice. Yesterday it showed estimated delivery would be today. But I checked today and it still shows today but it also says the package hasn't even been picked up from KY. I'm in MD.

I managed to order PS5 Digital Edition from Walmart the other day.  I just got an email saying they oversold the digital edition so they are sending me a disc edition at no extra charge.  Has anyone ever heard of this.  The email says not do anything so I doubt it's a scam.  Usually a scam would ask you update something or click anything.  I hope it's legit since that would be cool.

I managed to order PS5 Digital Edition from Walmart the other day. I just got an email saying they oversold the digital edition so they are sending me a disc edition at no extra charge. Has anyone ever heard of this. The email says not do anything so I doubt it's a scam. Usually a scam would ask you update something or click anything. I hope it's legit since that would be cool.
I received the same email today as well.

I managed to order PS5 Digital Edition from Walmart the other day. I just got an email saying they oversold the digital edition so they are sending me a disc edition at no extra charge. Has anyone ever heard of this. The email says not do anything so I doubt it's a scam. Usually a scam would ask you update something or click anything. I hope it's legit since that would be cool.
Does that mean they undersold the disc version? Or just had extras lying around? Or will you have to wait longer for this replacement?

Does that mean they undersold the disc version? Or just had extras lying around? Or will you have to wait longer for this replacement?
I didn't see a change to the delivery date. I did notice the item in my order now links to the disc version but the price hasn't changed. I would say they have a higher allocation of disc versions so it makes sense to just upgrade orders. Sending out cancellations due to their overselling is bad business and the extra cost doesn't mean anything to them. Until it shows up, anyone could still get a cancellation email. I'm sure now that it's been on some sites people will complain and Walmart might have to change course.

I was about to order Dbrand black plates so I am waiting to see what arrives.

I got the same email but it’s doesn’t have a new ETA. Th ETA on the website says July 7 but it shows the digital edition

According to the Twitter PS5/XSX guru Matt Swider, it's legit. Anyone who got this free upgrade, you guys are some lucky bastards.

Just got an email from Sony regarding an exclusive sale on the 23rd. I’ve already got a PS5, but for those that don’t you should check your email.

Edit: I’m not looking to scalp it, but I may order one to trade to someone for a new XSX, not sure how feasible that is, though

If you are still looking for a ps5, I'm going to reveal my hookup only on CAG thru Private Message. Not a scam in any way shape or form. I don't want to help any scalper, so if you are serious about getting one and want it for your personal use, PM me and let me know why you want it and how long you've been trying. ✌️

I've not received an email from Sony in years. I'm still checked off to receive them though, so idk. Guess I'll try with the masses again and hope for the best. I managed to get to 2 minutes out in the queue last time, maybe this one will be the lucky one...

For those that have bought their PS5s through Sony's invite system before, what are the odds of succeeding at this method? Did they invite far more people than they have inventory or is it a little less competitive than some of the other store's drops?

bread's done
Back