Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

For those that have bought their PS5s through Sony's invite system before, what are the odds of succeeding at this method? Did they invite far more people than they have inventory or is it a little less competitive than some of the other store's drops?
Was by far the smoothest purchase for me. Way easier than fighting crashing websites and bots.

I got through on the PS direct email. Wait time was less than a minute. We’ll see if it gets canceled, though, because I got a PS5 from them at launch and I noticed as I was placing my order that it’s one per household and if you’ve got one from them already you can’t get another one. We’ll see.

I got the Special Invite from PlayStation and my wait time was about 5-6 minutes

Didn't think it was gonna be that smooth, I took my time ordering and it's good to go

Got one shipped to my friend.  I used the same PSN account to order mine last time, so I was surprised it went through because of the "one per household" rule.

My PS5 bundle from GameStop finally arrived today. Did anyone ever figure out what the deal is with the gift cards?
Dunno what the recent situations are, but when I ordered a digital bundle from GameStop back in March, my experience went like...

- $20 gift card was e-mailed to me quickly (before the PS5 even shipped IIRC)

- no sign of the 1-year PS+ and $50 PSN codes after a week or two, so I emailed GameStop support

- they emailed me back with two codes... which were already redeemed

- long back and forth, they wanted me to contact Sony to get them replaced, I did, Sony wanted me to contact GameStop to get them replaced. lol

- took the last resort: opened a credit card dispute with my CC company

- that dispute took a while and a bit of paperwork, but I finally got my money back for the codes portion of the order about 2 months after ordering the PS5

so you may be in for some un-fun times

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys really think he's not getting paid off his YouTube channel?
he probably is depending on how many subs he has and what not. I don't follow him so don't know anything about him but gonna assume he has a twitch as well? I'm sure he's making money off this but not his main source of income. Nice little respectable side hustle.

Edit. A quick search, the Matt guy says in his bio he's an Amazon associate that earns from qualifying purchases

The Sony invites seem odd. I bought a PS5 months ago. Played it once, it’s registered to my Sony account and my primarily console. Yet this week Sony sent me an invite to buy a PS5 through email as an exclusive chance to buy one, of course one per customer. Wouldn’t they already know I own one and offer it to someone else? Or is it just a marketing plot? I passed on it, didn’t respond to the email. 

My PS5 bundle from GameStop finally arrived today. Did anyone ever figure out what the deal is with the gift cards?
My digital gift card eventually showed up in my email. I had gotten an email saying the gift card had "shipped" when I initially made the purchase, and then the actual gift card information was emailed to me the same day my console was delivered.

Everything about the way the PS5 releases are going is infuriating, especially through Sony direct. Just let everyone that wants one preorder it and wait, it would kill off most of the scalpers if people knew they had an order in even if they had to wait months.

Everything about the way the PS5 releases are going is infuriating, especially through Sony direct. Just let everyone that wants one preorder it and wait, it would kill off most of the scalpers if people knew they had an order in even if they had to wait months.
Yeah I really don't understand how and why this hasn't been done yet. Just basically let people enter a queue to preorder em, first come first serve, and as they come in stock, you just start going down the queue. At least at a store like Sony Direct. I can see why Amazon and Best Buy and stuff want to do it the other way to build up the hype and drive traffic to their sites, but even then, I feel like if they let people just get in a queue for them, it would be so much easier.

In the end, these big box stores don't even care who buys them. A sale is a sale, whether it's to a bot, scalper, or someone who wants it. The downside with bots and scalpers buying them is you don't get game and accessory purchases with the system either. But I really don't think that is a big deal because those people who end up with the systems will eventually be buying games and accessories and it probably all evens out in the end.

I ended up calling yesterday, and they reissued a new "card". Got the email with the details within minutes, but it was for the one they just voided. Few minutes later the new one arrived.

Didn't even have to wait on hold when I called, spoke to someone almost immediately.

It’s unbelievable how many people get bitchy with them when they fail to get a console. It’s like chill dude, it isn’t like he’s the one selling the things!
Yeah, it's really sad to see all the hate, but unfortunately that's the internet these days. Both those guys seem like really good dudes. It was definitely a frustrating journey at times, been trying for 2 months to no avail and then within the last week I've managed to get both the PS5 and Series X. Just takes persistence.

Yeah, it's really sad to see all the hate, but unfortunately that's the internet these days. Both those guys seem like really good dudes. It was definitely a frustrating journey at times, been trying for 2 months to no avail and then within the last week I've managed to get both the PS5 and Series X. Just takes persistence.
I was ready to tap out after 3 weeks. I couldn’t believe how hard it was to find one. But Jake’s livestream was so helpful and positive I kept trying and it paid off. It really is amazing how people can hate on other people being positive! I mean I can understand if he was being antagonistic but literally he just tells people “don’t give up, you got this!” and people talk so much trash! The internet really is a toxic place!

I was able to order a PS5 for Best Buy store pick up on July 2nd a little over a hour ago.  I think I've tried a dozen times in the past to get one at Best Buy, but each time they made me wait.  After the wait, I get a message that it's out of stock.  But this time I got it.

I was able to order a PS5 for Best Buy store pick up on July 2nd a little over a hour ago. I think I've tried a dozen times in the past to get one at Best Buy, but every time they made me wait. After the wait, I get a message that it's out of stock, every time. But this time I got it.
I had to wait a week to pick mine up too. That was a seriously long week. The wait was almost as excruciating as the hunt

My PS5 from Playstation direct is delivering tomorrow. I also ordered one with the launch invitation. There was a warning about not being able to buy if you bought one at launch but it worked anyway.

Those Antonline bundles. WOOF!!!
Agreed. I got my PS5 from one of their bundles that had a second controller, Miles Morales and Demons Souls. The experience had with them was good, I got my preorder a few days after launch which was stated when I placed the order.

I know that they must be trying to thin out their inventory but forcing people to buy SIX GAMES in order to get the system is a bit much. Two games, i thought was perfect for me because it had stuff that I was already going to buy anyway.

How much were they charging for this? Can't see it now that its OOS.

Agreed. I got my PS5 from one of their bundles that had a second controller, Miles Morales and Demons Souls. The experience had with them was good, I got my preorder a few days after launch which was stated when I placed the order.

I know that they must be trying to thin out their inventory but forcing people to buy SIX GAMES in order to get the system is a bit much. Two games, i thought was perfect for me because it had stuff that I was already going to buy anyway.

Someone's tweet shows PS5 digital, second controller, media remote, headset, charging station, 12 months of PS+ and MLB bonus (whatever that is) for $689.94.

Don't see any comments about the price of the six-game super disc-edition bundle.

The bundle you got is definitely worthwhile! I do have to say, a six game bundle is crazy but I'm not sure its any worse than GameStop bundling their own gift cards and I have heard tales (can't confirm, internet rumor) that some GameStop stores were requiring you purchase an extended warranty with a system in person.

The bundle you got is definitely worthwhile! I do have to say, a six game bundle is crazy but I'm not sure its any worse than GameStop bundling their own gift cards and I have heard tales (can't confirm, internet rumor) that some GameStop stores were requiring you purchase an extended warranty with a system in person.
i bought a switch in store and they told me the deal they were doing is that i had to buy a game or a warranty for the right to purchase the switch. I was trading in a switch lite for $150 towards it so I was just happy to dump that off, but it still seemed scummy.

Gamestop employees are under extreme pressure to sell extended warranties, Power Up Pro, etc. to the point where many of them lie to the customer or charge them without telling them.

My PS5 just shipped from Walmart after I got the free upgrade to the disc version.  I'm still not sure what's showing up though since there seems to be some confusion.  Originally it was supposed to deliver July 14 but now it says Monday.  The shipping company is LaserShip which I have never heard of but  a little research says they are terrible.  Anyone ever deal with them?  I have a very bad feeling about this whole thing.

I had a PS5 disc, but I gave it to my friend. Recently moved to NY and the thinking was that I didn't want to be distracted with video games (only brought Switch). On a scale of 1-10, I'm, like, regretting that decision at a 5. The plan was to scoop one up on Black Friday, though idk if that's going to be possible anymore.

I just want one to play some stupid Cold War again. The game sucks, but Nuketown scratches an itch I have rn. Any who. Carry on.

Well, despite the confusion I received my PS5 from Walmart and they did give me the free upgrade to the disc version.  It was even packed well.  A delivery driver showed up this morning at 10 am to deliver it.  I was shocked since today is Sunday.  I wasn't even dressed.

My PS5 just shipped from Walmart after I got the free upgrade to the disc version. I'm still not sure what's showing up though since there seems to be some confusion. Originally it was supposed to deliver July 14 but now it says Monday. The shipping company is LaserShip which I have never heard of but a little research says they are terrible. Anyone ever deal with them? I have a very bad feeling about this whole thing.
Walmart used Lasership for my PS5 as well. They did a good job, put the box in my garage (had a temp password set up on my garage opener) and they did a good job. Much better than my last 2 experiences with Fedex. I think it's not the best but by far not the worst.

I finally got through and ordered a PS5 through Best Buy on 06/24 for pickup on 06/30. But ever since Saturday, when I check the status online it says, "This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days". Anyone who's ordered one through Best Buy experienced this message? I'm worried this order might get cancelled.

I've had both happen to me on pokemon cards, one box I didn't get and the other was really just delayed a couple days.

I finally got through and ordered a PS5 through Best Buy on 06/24 for pickup on 06/30. But ever since Saturday, when I check the status online it says, "This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days". Anyone who's ordered one through Best Buy experienced this message? I'm worried this order might get cancelled.

Well, despite the confusion I received my PS5 from Walmart and they did give me the free upgrade to the disc version. It was even packed well. A delivery driver showed up this morning at 10 am to deliver it. I was shocked since today is Sunday. I wasn't even dressed.
I'm jealous in so many ways. Got my order in at Walmart and the date just keeps getting pushed back. First it was July 5th, then July 13th, now it's July 17th. Glad you got yours but salty that I won't get mine for nearly a month after finally getting to order one.

I'm jealous in so many ways. Got my order in at Walmart and the date just keeps getting pushed back. First it was July 5th, then July 13th, now it's July 17th. Glad you got yours but salty that I won't get mine for nearly a month after finally getting to order one.
Well, my original delivery was July 14. I think the system is adjusting as they get them so you might just get a shipping notice suddenly like I did.

bread's done
Back