Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

About how fast does Walmart ship? I got lucky on Thursday
One of the ones I got says arrives Oct 2. The one I got 10 mins later says arrives Oct 5. From reading Twitter, seems like Oct 2-5 is pretty much when they should arrive. I guess there is always a chance they will send them sooner than October.

Series x should be poretty easy to find compare to ps5
From what I saw with the recent Wal Mart restock it sold out just as fast as the PS5. I'm not really keeping track but I guess the series S isn't as in demand because I saw 2 in stock at a Wal Mart when we went shopping yesterday. I considered buying it just for the heck of it but then realized I'd rather just keep looking for a PS5.

I like my Series S. It's filling exactly the niche I envisioned for it when I bought it, and it periodically surprises me with what it can do.

No real desire for a Series X, though.

About how fast does Walmart ship? I got lucky on Thursday
A few months ago, I ordered both a PS5 and Series X from Walmart. Even though the orders showed about a month delivery, I actually got it 10 days for the PS5 and 14 days for the Series X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope so because October 5th is a long ways off...
True, but at least you have one coming. I'd be happy with pre-ordering one for November/December as long as it guarantees one is coming with my name on it. I'm tired of this situation of having to run out to my car while I"m at work to log in on my phone and computer to roll the dice and see if I get lucky during the check out process.

My delivery date says September 23rd, on a side note is a 4K tv absolutely necessary or will a cheaper HD TV work?
4K isn't needed, but you do see a noticeable difference on games optimized for 4K. Toggling Borderlands 3 between 1080p & 4K is a good example of the difference. It's just cleaner looking.

My delivery date says September 23rd, on a side note is a 4K tv absolutely necessary or will a cheaper HD TV work?
I mean, you can get a 4k set pretty cheap. It won't be the highest of the high end but if you're looking to get a new TV to go with it, the Insignia 50" 4k TV set me back less than $200 last year and I've been very happy with how my 4k content looks on it.

I mean, you can get a 4k set pretty cheap. It won't be the highest of the high end but if you're looking to get a new TV to go with it, the Insignia 50" 4k TV set me back less than $200 last year and I've been very happy with how my 4k content looks on it.
I must have gotten a model year closeout price, but even their current model 50" is around 400, and the 43" is around 300.

I'd still rather play on a good 1080p than a crappy 4K.

I was going to get a 4K TV but they're dragging their feet on the VRR so I can make sure I get a compatible set. I pulled the trigger on a X950H that they canceled on me, and I'm kinda glad they did. Almost got the X900H after that, and that has firmware issues, last I saw.

4K itself is mostly pointless, IMO. It's the HDR that's the big benefit.

i recently bit the bullet and splurged on the 55” lg c1 oled. returnal looks and plays significantly better than the 50” samsung tu8000 it replaced. both 4k…but no comparison really.

i think it would be better to use the 1080p tv you have until you are ready for an actual gaming tv (new hdmi ports, quality hdr, gaming mode with low latency)

if you settle for a budget 4k tv for gaming, then expect to be underwhelmed with the experience

i recently bit the bullet and splurged on the 55” lg c1 oled. returnal looks and plays significantly better than the 50” samsung tu8000 it replaced. both 4k…but no comparison really.

i think it would be better to use the 1080p tv you have until you are ready for an actual gaming tv (new hdmi ports, quality hdr, gaming mode with low latency)

if you settle for a budget 4k tv for gaming, then expect to be underwhelmed with the experience
Returnal isnt even 4k is it?

I got the PS5 bundle today and it came with 5,850 madden points which said $50…

I have no use for it.

Any tips on what to do with the points?

I got the PS5 bundle today and it came with 5,850 madden points which said $50…

I have no use for it.

Any tips on what to do with the points?
You enjoy that you only had to pay a $50 upcharge to get a PS5. But yeah, I mean other than taking it as a lost cost, your best bet is trying to ebay it I guess.

I received an email on Monday with an invite to purchase a PS5 from Playstation Direct. I had my doubts but after a short wait I was able to order a PS5 from Sony yesterday, so I'm pretty stoked.

I received an email on Monday with an invite to purchase a PS5 from Playstation Direct. I had my doubts but after a short wait I was able to order a PS5 from Sony yesterday, so I'm pretty stoked.
Buying from Sony direct has been awesome. If you’re a PS+ member you get free shipping (it’s either 1-day or 2-day, can’t remember) too. The other retailers should take note, this is how it should be done. Anyway, congrats!

Buying from Sony direct has been awesome. If you’re a PS+ member you get free shipping (it’s either 1-day or 2-day, can’t remember) too. The other retailers should take note, this is how it should be done. Anyway, congrats!
Yes I chose the free express shipping option which is 1-2 days, so hopefully I'll have it very soon. I can't wait to play the new Ratchet game.

Kinda silly getting a PS5 or Series X with out having a 4k display... Kinda like gaming in SD on a 360/PS3
When i got my x360 in 2005 launch day; it looked decent on 480 sd. about a few weeks later i did get my HD display and it was super sharp of course.

going from SD to HD was more obvious visual upgrade; going from HD to 4K is much more subtle due to human viewing distances and screen sizes. HDR implementation is half-baked across all the various display devices; not enough standards in place.

Yeah I have my XSX and PS5 hooked to my projector that is only 1080p and the screen is 10 feet and it looks fantastic.

4k is completely overrated IMO.  I have a 4k 60" TV and it's just not that drastic of a difference at all.

I'd take 1080p@60fps over 4k@30fps 10 out of 10 times.  This gen "promised" 4k@60fps with all this fancy schmancy other buzzwords and we're not even close to getting that and probably won't be this whole gen.

Yeah I have my XSX and PS5 hooked to my projector that is only 1080p and the screen is 10 feet and it looks fantastic.

4k is completely overrated IMO. I have a 4k 60" TV and it's just not that drastic of a difference at all.

I'd take 1080p@60fps over 4k@30fps 10 out of 10 times. This gen "promised" 4k@60fps with all this fancy schmancy other buzzwords and we're not even close to getting that and probably won't be this whole gen.
I am truly curious, what model TV do you have? There's so much false advertising of "4K" out there it's insane. I remember back in the 720i/p and 1080 i/p days too. There was 'real' HD and the fake numbers on the box HD.

I want to gouge my eyes out after reading half of the posts on the previous couple pages.  The reason why "4K isn't very noticable to you" is because your TV sucks.  People have no idea what they are talking about.  The first clue is when they think it's about the resolution increase.  In actuality, the (picture/video quality) upgrade you get is from HDR and WCG (or dynamic colors). The budget sets people are talking about don't do proper HDR.  You get what you pay for when it comes to televisions.  Your $300 Black Friday big-screen ain't shit.   Real HDR televisions start at around $1000 for a 55" LCD.  The substantial boost in video quality you receive when you start gaming and watching discs on a legit set are instantly apparent.  If you don't have experience with one of those sets then it's time to cool your jets when it comes to weighing in on a tech discussion about the true benefits of four 'kay.

4k is completely overrated IMO. I have a 4k 60" TV and it's just not that drastic of a difference at all.

I'd take 1080p@60fps over 4k@30fps 10 out of 10 times. This gen "promised" 4k@60fps with all this fancy schmancy other buzzwords and we're not even close to getting that and probably won't be this whole gen.
Going from 1080p to 4k isn't really a drastic improvement, but going from a 4k set to a 4k set with a good HDR is a noticeable improvement. HDR is where it is at.

For gaming I would mostly prefer 60fps over higher resolution too.

There is nothing wrong with gaming at 1080p if people are enjoying themselves but if they are planning to upgrade in the future. I would suggest spending a little extra if they can to get a 4k set with good HDR, a 4k set alone is not really worth it. I did not notice the difference until I saw what a 4k set with good HDR can do.

Question, and if this isn't the right place I do apologize. About 4 months ago I ended up getting a Series X from target and haven't really touched it in the meantime. I posted it online to see if anyone was interested in trading for a PS5. Someone locally has offered to trade me a PS5 but it's the digital console. Just curious if this is a decent deal considering the current difficulty in obtaining either system.

Question, and if this isn't the right place I do apologize. About 4 months ago I ended up getting a Series X from target and haven't really touched it in the meantime. I posted it online to see if anyone was interested in trading for a PS5. Someone locally has offered to trade me a PS5 but it's the digital console. Just curious if this is a decent deal considering the current difficulty in obtaining either system.
That all depends on you if you want everything digital, you won't be able to use your PS4 disc games if you have any. Digital or physical, that's the difference you have to weigh. Personally I don't think the extra $100 you paid for the Series X is worth losing the disc drive. Might as well wait for the disc version.

I second waiting for a disc version of the PS5. You paid the same price as one of those with your Series X and you can play PS4 physical games you already have on it with enhanced features. That person trading you a digital version I feel is getting the better deal as he is getting a better system and paid $100 less for it. JMO

I want to gouge my eyes out after reading half of the posts on the previous couple pages. The reason why "4K isn't very noticable to you" is because your TV sucks. People have no idea what they are talking about. The first clue is when they think it's about the resolution increase. In actuality, the (picture/video quality) upgrade you get is from HDR and WCG (or dynamic colors). The budget sets people are talking about don't do proper HDR. You get what you pay for when it comes to televisions. Your $300 Black Friday big-screen ain't shit. Real HDR televisions start at around $1000 for a 55" LCD. The substantial boost in video quality you receive when you start gaming and watching discs on a legit set are instantly apparent. If you don't have experience with one of those sets then it's time to cool your jets when it comes to weighing in on a tech discussion about the true benefits of four 'kay.
This guy is clueless hiesense and tcl are killing it on high quality budget HDR. MY U8G is a budget flagship and it does greater than 1500 nits which is claimed on the box. Picture quality on both brands lower teirs is getting reviewed better than Sony 900 series, lgs best lcds, and comparable to Samsung’s best. They’re nearly all buying the lcd panels from one or two companies in China these days.

I personally won't even be interested in upgrading my projector to a 4k projector until we get 4k gaming with HDR and ray tracing at 60fps as the lowest common denominator.  That is probably 2 console generations away, or 1 depending how long the current gen lasts.

Part of a game looking "good" is having at least a 60fps framerate.  I don't care how "good" a game looks in 4k with HDR/RT if it is running at a choppy 30fps.

And I will admit, I am super sensitive to FPS.  Like my other buddy couldn't even tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps when I was switching back and forth in Ratchet and Clank, Fallen Order, and Demon's Souls.  I  was like WTF dude it is a NIGHT AND DAY difference to me.  But to him, he simply couldn't tell the difference at all, until I pointed it out, and even then he was like it's barely noticeable and only when going back/forth between the two.

EDIT:

Let's also not forget the input lag that some of these buzzwords can add to games.  I'm even more sensitive to input lag.

Buy your new TELEVISION before you buy your new CONSOLE (at $600+ with accessories), people..  It will serve all of your interests going forward and will be noticeable even when streaming content.  Because otherwise the only benefit you will receive is faster load times.  A quality television makes all of your content across all your devices look much better, including higher streaming quality.

bread's done
Back