Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

How early did you get in line
Left at 5, got in line at 6.. there were 72 people including me at the time..

by the time they opened it was around 300.

They had signs up forbidding people to line up before 4.

You were only allowed to choose 1 console

but because my roommate was there, we were able to get 1 of each console...

They had 100 XBSX, and over 50 of each PS console.

Didn't require any bundles.

After everyone got a ticket, we were told to return in an hour. Anyone who did NOT pick up their console by noon, would loose their reserve.. and man were there people waiting for that. Just small groups of people watching from the edge of the line.

[attachment=36117:20210923_061706.jpg]

[attachment=36118:20210923_073358.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to snag one finally from Wal-Mart.

Here is an exploit to get around the touch and hold bullshit on desktop:

1. Have two tabs open (one on Walmart homepage, one on the PS5 listing. I used Chrome)

2. Spam add to cart until you finally get the verification pop-up. The cart in the top right should show the subtotal.

3. Switch to the second tab on Walmart homepage, click cart, and check out as normal. I even had enough time to sign-in to Paypal and check out no issues. Got my confirmation email in seconds.

Left at 5, got in line at 6.. there were 72 people including me at the time..

by the time they opened it was around 300.

They had signs up forbidding people to line up before 4.

You were only allowed to choose 1 console

but because my roommate was there, we were able to get 1 of each console...

They had 100 XBSX, and over 50 of each PS console.

Didn't require any bundles.

After everyone got a ticket, we were told to return in an hour. Anyone who did NOT pick up their console by noon, would loose their reserve.. and man were there people waiting for that. Just small groups of people watching from the edge of the line.

20210923_061706.jpg

20210923_073358.jpg
Thanks for sharing. The nostalgic side of me finds joy in reading these experiences.

Managed to snag one finally from Wal-Mart.

Here is an exploit to get around the touch and hold bullshit on desktop:

1. Have two tabs open (one on Walmart homepage, one on the PS5 listing. I used Chrome)

2. Spam add to cart until you finally get the verification pop-up. The cart in the top right should show the subtotal.

3. Switch to the second tab on Walmart homepage, click cart, and check out as normal. I even had enough time to sign-in to Paypal and check out no issues. Got my confirmation email in seconds.
I did the same the same thing and snagged one as well. The ship date says will arrive by Oct 28th so we'll see what happens.

Gamestop always like to put worthless NBA 2k games into their bundles.  NBA 21 was in the bundles sold last year and now NBA 22 in the bundles selling today.  I wish they would give you the option on what game to grab with the bundles.  I bought a bundle last December with NBA 21 and ended up getting rid of it for about $40 shortly after.

I got a ps5 bundle but when i check my order status, nothing is there…
When I bought it from Gamestop last December mine did the same, took a day or two to show up in my order status. It was suppose to ship sometime on mid January and it showed up randomly on my door on December 31st.

Gamestop always like to put worthless NBA 2k games into their bundles. NBA 21 was in the bundles sold last year and now NBA 22 in the bundles selling today. I wish they would give you the option on what game to grab with the bundles. I bought a bundle last December with NBA 21 and ended up getting rid of it for about $40 shortly after.
how was it worthless if you were able to get rid of it for $40?

There is a PlayStation direct sale thing going on if you got an email from them. I just placed an order. I didn’t think I was going to buy one this early, planning to wait for a price drop or redesign, but the fact that it was in stock when I clicked the link somehow was enough for me to commit to one.

So check your emails. It’s live now

At this point, I wouldn't mind a PS5 that was basically a slightly better version of an Xbox Series S.  If it played at least PS4 discs, then Day One purchase at $350.

Was able to grab a ps5 bundle from gamestop just now using the pro early access. Lets see if it actually ships/on time
If you pay via PayPal and any part of your order ships late (even if you got the ps5) then you get your full money back. Some people on here did it when being sent incomplete bundles.

It finally showed up a few hours later. I used paypal, not sure if that had anything to do with it. They already sent my year of psn and $50 gc, so hopefully it will actually ship soon

When I bought it from Gamestop last December mine did the same, took a day or two to show up in my order status. It was suppose to ship sometime on mid January and it showed up randomly on my door on December 31st.

Completely random question. What official Dualshock 4 wireless controllers have you seen in stores since the shortage? I see that you can get black, red, camoflauge and white at PlayStation Direct. And I also saw the first three colors at a regional chain today. I need another controller.

Completely random question. What official Dualshock 4 wireless controllers have you seen in stores since the shortage? I see that you can get black, red, camoflauge and white at PlayStation Direct. And I also saw the first three colors at a regional chain today. I need another controller.

I see those colors and lots of gold ones at the Walmart I usually shop at.

They tried to deliver mine today while I was at work. Signature required, so I didn’t get it. Luckily I’m off tomorrow and can be around for it

OMG I was so close :( had to input my credit card info and it went out of stock lol

IMG-0675.png

IMG-0676.png
Not having your card info saved already was playing with fire.

Today best buy is major fail.... constant reset password, verificatoon etc.... Didn;t they fix this shit a few months ago?
Still trying to understand how my buddy got a digital PS5 from Best Buy. I let him know they were live, and he landed one pretty easily, albeit a few captcha issues. This was a few months back too.

I also landed a Series X for a friend from Best Buy pretty easily, but that was at like 3am lol.

Honestly the best bet is the Sony que. It is how I got mine.

I got mine from the email invite from Sony. I don’t know exactly how long I bought after the direct sale went live but I can tell you based on when they sent my email confirmation that it was likely about 2 hours after. Pretty crazy compared to other retailers instant sellouts. Maybe because it’s an individual link that can only be accessed once bots can’t scoop them up

Still trying to understand how my buddy got a digital PS5 from Best Buy. I let him know they were live, and he landed one pretty easily, albeit a few captcha issues. This was a few months back too.

I also landed a Series X for a friend from Best Buy pretty easily, but that was at like 3am lol.
Honestly the best bet is the Sony que. It is how I got mine.
I got mine from Best Buy back in January. Was tedious as hell and it took close to an hour but being persistent paid off

I got a digital and my brother a physical from yesterdays restock. The app was complete garbage and I had to reset my password and send 7 verification emails but once I logged in on my tablet browser I checked out easy

I got a digital and my brother a physical from yesterdays restock. The app was complete garbage and I had to reset my password and send 7 verification emails but once I logged in on my tablet browser I checked out easy
I’ve bought 5 PS5 and 2 box series x and iOS’ safari has been the best way to do it each time. Smart phone browsers are so well optimized. Same can be said of android stuff.

Got my PS5 GameStop bundle. Was able to exchange one of the games no issue.

Jk, had to bribe them with a preorder after they gave me the "idk" look

Got my PS5 GameStop bundle. Was able to exchange one of the games no issue.

Jk, had to bribe them with a preorder after they gave me the "idk" look
I did the same thing except I didn't get any "idk" look. I actually just took the whole amount NBA2k22 was and preordered a copy of Horizon Forbidden West.

Apparently some are reporting that they have been told they have 60 days to cancel the TotalTech membership so you could probably sign up, get your PS5, then get a refund on the membership.

The whole concept of 'Best Buy Beta' was founded on the principle of "well we wanted something to compete with Amazon Prime".

Well no shit eh? You know I'd like myself a personal annuity too. Additional money for nothing is great. Maybe I deserve one for the act of depriving people of their goods and paywalling them?

BestBuy pay walling the consoles behind the $200 Total Tech membership now, lol.
This is what "cord cutting" has turned into. Our generation paying out the ass for a la carte pricing and for superfluous services, some of which used to otherwise be free.

Wow it's their own form of scalping putting PS5s behind a $200 Paywall.

“Best Buy Totaltech gives you peace of mind in one comprehensive plan: around-the-clock tech support, up to 24 months of product protection on most Best Buy purchases with an active membership, free delivery and standard installation, plus other great benefits,” according to the retailer."

"Free Standard Installation"? I think we can all manage to plug in an HDMI cord thanks BestBuy.

so theyre gating off a ton of people

and the people that pay the one time 200 fee can just keep buying unlimited ps5s

Remember when 30 bucks used to get you Gamer's Club Unlocked and 20% off all new games for two years?

No one even goes to Best Buy for video games anymore.  They actually believe that it's consumer preferences that have changed.  My how the mighty have fallen...

bread's done
Back