Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Hope everyone here who hasn’t got one yet will get one because of this! Call it an old man’s sentimentality but I like to see people get what they want after trying for so long!

Pay walls, long lines, bundles. I won’t buy this thing until I can walk into a store and buy it…or when Ragnarok releases

Pay walls, long lines, bundles. I won’t buy this thing until I can walk into a store and buy it…or when Ragnarok releases
Sadly for those who still do not have a PS5, Ragnarok will most likely release before that happens. Chip shortage is still going strong and is predicted to continue for a while on top of stores doing all their shenanigans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop will have PS5 Bundles at selected stores:
https://www.gamestop.com/ps5-store-event.html
I was told on the 9th by my SL that they would have 50 bundles on the 22nd. Disc, Far Cry, Tsushima, 1 yr PS+, and $50 GS GC for $750 total. The store is an hour outside of Boston. We guessed the 50 might be per district but another SGA looked up an internal memo this week and saw the same.

This info came from their DL but was already a week old or more at that point so consider it hearsay for now.

Got an email from Sony inviting to register to buy a PS5 for the holiday season.  Interested to see if I'll be eligible since I was able to purchase one from the Sony Direct email back in September.  I used that to buy one for my brother (conveniently, it fell right around his birthday) so timing was perfect.  I'm think i'll sign up to see what happens, I do have a cousin who's been looking for one as well so I can ship it to him if I'm eligible.  

they let you buy it without any trouble

think if you get that email it doesnt matter if youve bought one before

Remember when 30 bucks used to get you Gamer's Club Unlocked and 20% off all new games for two years?

No one even goes to Best Buy for video games anymore. They actually believe that it's consumer preferences that have changed. My how the mighty have fallen...
Yeah, I think I've gone to Best Buy maybe twice in the last 2 years (since my GCU ended). And one of those times was to buy my son a router on the way to helping him move into a new apartment (we needed it that day). And I've only ordered a handful of stuff online - mostly during the BF sales. I would have probably bought more Switch games from them if I had GCU though. I would have gotten the kids cart copies of AC for example - instead I just shelled out full price for the digital versions.

I was lucky to get a Series X preorder in at Target the day before they released and after signing up for Game Pass I've been keeping busy with that. I still check Fred Meyer for PS5's when I go there and I've seen the Series S in stock just one time. I'd still probably buy a PS5 if I saw it. I did sign up for Sony's email notification so we will see... I'm just not in any hurry with the Game Pass backlog.

I was told on the 9th by my SL that they would have 50 bundles on the 22nd. Disc, Far Cry, Tsushima, 1 yr PS+, and $50 GS GC for $750 total. The store is an hour outside of Boston. We guessed the 50 might be per district but another SGA looked up an internal memo this week and saw the same.

This info came from their DL but was already a week old or more at that point so consider it hearsay for now.
Always good to see another Boston CAG!

Yeah, I think I've gone to Best Buy maybe twice in the last 2 years (since my GCU ended). And one of those times was to buy my son a router on the way to helping him move into a new apartment (we needed it that day). And I've only ordered a handful of stuff online - mostly during the BF sales. I would have probably bought more Switch games from them if I had GCU though. I would have gotten the kids cart copies of AC for example - instead I just shelled out full price for the digital versions.

I was lucky to get a Series X preorder in at Target the day before they released and after signing up for Game Pass I've been keeping busy with that. I still check Fred Meyer for PS5's when I go there and I've seen the Series S in stock just one time. I'd still probably buy a PS5 if I saw it. I did sign up for Sony's email notification so we will see... I'm just not in any hurry with the Game Pass backlog.

A kill shot for me was when best buy started eliminating physical media, particularly blu-ray, years back before covid. When I traveled I used to love checking the larger A stores that had better stock than my local smaller best buys. Then corporate decided to make the stores cookie cutter, just like target has done now, and everything is the same everywhere, all on the same planogram. The final deathblow of course was GCU going away too. Now I randomly stop at my local best buy just to check it out, almost like a kmart, turning into a relic.

Anybody who ordered through Wal-Mart in the late Sept (mine shows 23rd), showing a delivery date of October 28th have theirs shipped yet? Mine still shows no updates. Hoping we get order updates later this week!

Got an email from Sony inviting to register to buy a PS5 for the holiday season. Interested to see if I'll be eligible since I was able to purchase one from the Sony Direct email back in September. I used that to buy one for my brother (conveniently, it fell right around his birthday) so timing was perfect. I'm think i'll sign up to see what happens, I do have a cousin who's been looking for one as well so I can ship it to him if I'm eligible.
Registered last week and Sony better sent me an invite to purchase it since I spent $1,000+ on PS store digital games this past 2 years.

Just an FYI almost every game stop will have 20 to 60 PS5 tomorrow.  I can confirm for the Houston area 100% I’ve checked five of the local stores by calling and asking politely and they will definitely have them in the morning. 

Just an FYI almost every game stop will have 20 to 60 PS5 tomorrow. I can confirm for the Houston area 100% I’ve checked five of the local stores by calling and asking politely and they will definitely have them in the morning.
My local opens at 8am so I think I'll head over after I get off work.

Houston is one of the cities with announced drops so it's not representative. Same with Boston. Also are you confusing this with the Friday the 22nd drop? Came home to feed the dogs and pick up my trade card/

My local opens at 8am so I think I'll head over after I get off work.

Houston is one of the cities with announced drops so it's not representative. Same with Boston. Also are you confusing this with the Friday the 22nd drop? Came home to feed the dogs and pick up my trade card/
My local store will be selling when they open at 11. I know there is a drop Friday. They have to hold some for that. Today they are just selling the system alone.

Managed to get into the queue for PlaystationDirect with the invite and made it to front after 20 minutes and got an error with my queue# and that I need to take another number.  To the back of the line... SMH

The latest PS Direct links were sent out as invites only.  Like everybody else, I was able to get into queue, but eventually received a message saying it was for reserved.   Unless you received an email from Sony, you can still click on the links, but won't be able to order if stock is available without a proper email invite. 

The latest PS Direct links were sent out as invites only. Like everybody else, I was able to get into queue, but eventually received a message saying it was for reserved. Unless you received an email from Sony, you can still click on the links, but won't be able to order if stock is available without a proper email invite.
I got the email from Sony though

This way Best Buy is doing things is stupid. I get a sign that tells me I'm in line and to please wait, and while I'm waiting the stores sell out and the sign is still telling me to wait.

I wonder how may invites they send out vs stock on hand? This seems like a great idea and program but they executed it very poorly. What is the point of telling me I get an invite and made the cut, then I click the link during the window to be disappointed that they sold out already? Either send out invites for the number of consoles; or don't bother with this program! :)

I got the email from Sony though

My local GameStop actually had bundle PS5s in stock and was telling ppl throughout the store while o stopped by. I was shocked. Yeah the bundles being forced are BS but it’s wild to see them not sell out instantly

My local GameStop actually had bundle PS5s in stock and was telling ppl throughout the store while o stopped by. I was shocked. Yeah the bundles being forced are BS but it’s wild to see them not sell out instantly
Love in store bundles, because unlike online bundles, the items are charged separately, so you can just return the items to another store (unless it's a digital item or gift card).

Love in store bundles, because unlike online bundles, the items are charged separately, so you can just return the items to another store (unless it's a digital item or gift card).
Oh I had no idea that is good to know. So then I probably wouldn't want to use a cert if I was buying one of these bundles (if the cert is applied to one of the games in the bundle).

I might try to grab a (leftover) bundle but the lines were waaaay too long this morning.

I picked up another bundle today. I arrived 45 minutes before the store opened and I received the 12th ticket. When I left no one was waiting for tickets and the doorman still had over 20 left. My nephew also picked up one from a different store. When he finished checking out they still had 10 or so tickets. Pokémon people were bummed though. Apparently, the store ran out of that stuff in a hurry.

i waited trying to get an oled on release from gs and they had like 3 of each pokemon box and 30 people in line

first guy bought one of each lol

I got a delayed shipping notice from my  Playstation direct order. How long does it usually take? Anybody have this happen?

bread's done
Back