Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I agree the hunt is fun. When I hear of a drop, I just let a friend/acquaintance know if it and they're off not their own then. If I wanted to at this point, I'd own 3-4 PS5s if I wanted to.

I do actually own a PS5, though I bought it by accident. When a target dropped happened a while back, where you can checkout and have to keep clicking confirm order, one time it actually went through. Sat on it for a month debating on just returning it to target though in the end I opened it and played it. Only played two games so far, the included demo Astro's Playroom, and Star Wars Fallen Order.
Yeah wouldn’t shock me if this generation had a serious game drought due to system shortages. Why release a AAA game if no one can play it. Happy I got my family all the PS5s and Xboxes we wanted to game together. I gave one to my nephew in July for his bday and he literally shit a brick lol. He flexed on all his 9 year old friends. He made fun of the kid who made fun of him for having a PS4 and not a Xbox one X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah wouldn’t shock me if this generation had a serious game drought due to system shortages. Why release a AAA game if no one can play it. Happy I got my family all the PS5s and Xboxes we wanted to game together. I gave one to my nephew in July for his bday and he literally shit a brick lol. He flexed on all his 9 year old friends. He made fun of the kid who made fun of him for having a PS4 and not a Xbox one X.
People keep saying this, but even if bots and scalpers buy up a bunch they do sell them to end users that will use them. That's kind of the point of buying one to scalp, eventually selling it to someone. Just because demand is higher than supply does not equate to the supply being low. It just means the demand is higher than that. As I understand, the PS5 has sold even more at this point than the PS4, and no one would have suggested the PS4 was under-available at this point in its life.

People keep saying this, but even if bots and scalpers buy up a bunch they do sell them to end users that will use them. That's kind of the point of buying one to scalp, eventually selling it to someone. Just because demand is higher than supply does not equate to the supply being low. It just means the demand is higher than that. As I understand, the PS5 has sold even more at this point than the PS4, and no one would have suggested the PS4 was under-available at this point in its life.
Someone did an analysis of units sold and those that are active and something 10-20% weren’t active. That means like 1.3-2.6M PS5s are in scalper inventory….maybe more…this also mean the scalp value is artificial inflated by this inventory. I’ll try to find the article. This doesn’t surprise me. Scalpers are basically holding on to inventory to keep prices up and acting in an organized way. Something we really haven’t seen because you can’t get them in store. Really if they did in store drops only a lot of these problems would be solved.

Someone did an analysis of units sold and those that are active and something 10-20% weren’t active. That means like 1.3-2.6M PS5s are in scalper inventory….maybe more…this also mean the scalp value is artificial inflated by this inventory. I’ll try to find the article. This doesn’t surprise me. Scalpers are basically holding on to inventory to keep prices up and acting in an organized way. Something we really haven’t seen because you can’t get them in store. Really if they did in store drops only a lot of these problems would be solved.
Yes, I could see that and it sounds about right. More dedicated scalpers might be holding consoles for the holidays to make an even larger premium. And it is fairly common knowledge Walmart and others are holding onto stock for Black Friday weekend. Tons of them are still being sold, and even with scalpers sitting on maybe 10% that's a ton of them out there and scalpers aren't going to sit on their stock forever. It certainly isn't going to deter game publishers from making and releasing games because scalpers or retailers may be sitting on stock. And the main point of what I was saying is a scalper sale might temporarily take a console out of an end user's hands - it isn't going to stay out forever. They aren't a black hole. Every one sold at retail, be it to scalper or end user, will eventually be played and have games bought for.

Just saw on Walmart app you can “score” a PS5 today at 3pm ET (crock of shit). Saying I was able to beat the scalpers and the people “buying for friends”, do I still have to sign up to the Walmart tech plan to purchase?

The Walmart drop at 3pm was the easiest one I've seen thus far.

Refreshed and my wait was 7 minutes.

After 7 minutes I could go to the product page and add to cart.

Clicked cart, entered CC security code, held down the button it told me to hold down, and order went through.

November 11th is when they say it'll be here by.

Was able to score a PS5 (Disc edition) and a Switch OLED (White) through the Walmart+ drop today. Estimated delivery for the Switch is tomorrow, and estimated delivery date for the PS5 is the 24th.

Was able to score a PS5 (Disc edition) and a Switch OLED (White) through the Walmart+ drop today. Estimated delivery for the Switch is tomorrow, and estimated delivery date for the PS5 is the 24th.
I was just going to ask if anyone was able to grab ether. Seems like for most it was a no go.

I was just going to ask if anyone was able to grab ether. Seems like for most it was a no go.
I saw a few people post that they were able to get it. I think it's just refreshing at the right time. I had the NIST clock up and refreshed a few minutes before to see how long it took. Then, 3 seconds before noon, I refreshed it and got in the line with 5 minutes. I've gotten that before and when it counted down to one, it shot back up to 60 min. This time, I was surprised to see it added to cart and gave me a 10 minute window to complete the transaction.

Just got an email from Playstation for EXCLUSIVE ACCESS ON: November 9, 11:00 – 16:00 PT to purchase a PS5.

Are these usually slamdunks or giant clusterfucks? Sitting on about $400 in shopkick credit that I could use to get Sony bucks and not sure if I should do so.

I was also able to snag a ps5 with walmart plus. Signed up for a month about 10 mins before the drop and refreshed right at 3, had a 6 min wait.

Just got an email from Playstation for EXCLUSIVE ACCESS ON: November 9, 11:00 – 16:00 PT to purchase a PS5.

Are these usually slamdunks or giant clusterfucks? Sitting on about $400 in shopkick credit that I could use to get Sony bucks and not sure if I should do so.
Got one of these, I ignored it assuming it was a scam.

you can't use playstation credit to purchase physical items, so if that is what your plan is I wouldn't do it.

Walmart PS5 from last week that was supposed to arrive has been delayed.  I got an email about it overnight just saying there is a delay with no more info.

Was you able to get a PS5 easily from Sony direct? I as well just received this same email from Playstation for EXCLUSIVE ACCESS ON: November 16, 11:00 – 16:00 PT to purchase a PS5.

Anyone have any movement on their Walmart order from Nov 5th?

It was supposed to be delivered last Thursday the 11th but still is in delayed status with no estimate or anything.

Was you able to get a PS5 easily from Sony direct? I as well just received this same email from Playstation for EXCLUSIVE ACCESS ON: November 16, 11:00 – 16:00 PT to purchase a PS5.
No I was put into a 30 minute wait right at 11am and was shown as sold out before I got a chance. My 30 minute wait did only last 15 mins...so I guess they saved me another 15 of waiting before rejecting me.

Good luck!

No I was put into a 30 minute wait right at 11am and was shown as sold out before I got a chance. My 30 minute wait did only last 15 mins...so I guess they saved me another 15 of waiting before rejecting me.

Good luck!
Hell yeah! The 1 year hunt for a PS5 is over for me. I was able to purchase a PS5 (physical) via Sony PS5 direct. Got in at 11:28am, 10 minutes wait, add a PS5 physical to cart, and checkout with express free shipping. Just need Sony to email me a tracking number so I can know for sure I'm getting it forreal.

2021-11-16-11-43-00-Inbox-Gmail-Mail.jpg

Hell yeah! The 1 year hunt for a PS5 is over for me. I was able to purchase a PS5 (physical) via Sony PS5 direct. Got in at 11:28am, 10 minutes wait, add a PS5 physical to cart, and checkout with express free shipping. Just need Sony to email me a tracking number so I can know for sure I'm getting it forreal.

Nice. Congrats. I'm hoping to get one of the bundles from Costco one of these days.

Congrats the one nice thing about getting it a year later you have more games to jump into right away! Those of us that got it at launch had some excellent games to play in Miles Morales, Sackboy, and Demon Souls but you get to jump right in with those games plus Ratchet, Returnal, Kena, Village at many more great games.

Good luck!

I got an invite for tomorrow. So I guess even though it says I have from 11-4 that I really need to do it at 11?

Also, how did you get free shipping? In the email they sent me they said you need to add a game or accessory to get free shipping. Could they have just changed the rules over the last 2 days?

I got an invite for tomorrow. So I guess even though it says I have from 11-4 that I really need to do it at 11?

Also, how did you get free shipping? In the email they sent me they said you need to add a game or accessory to get free shipping. Could they have just changed the rules over the last 2 days?
Don't you get free express shipping for being a Plus member? If you don't have Plus, the site says "Consoles ship free when an additional item is added to the cart."

Don't you get free express shipping for being a Plus member? If you don't have Plus, the site says "Consoles ship free when an additional item is added to the cart."
Could be - I've never ordered anything physical from Sony before. You'd think they would know that I have Plus and send me the appropriate email. But every time I log in to get the PS+ games they ask me to add a Plus membership even though I'm paid up for 2+ years. After clicking around for a while the site finally "remembers" and I can get the PS+ games. So it could just be that their system is janky. Not a good sign for tomorrow but we'll see.

Edit: In the queue now... I started about 5 till 11 and was shown a countdown timer at which time I was supposedly put into a random order in the queue. It was telling me at first that the wait time was more than 1 hour. 3 minutes in it went down to 18 minutes.

Got in at around 11:14 and was able to order it instantly. The $399.99 one was sold out but I wanted the disc version anyway. It had remembered my log in from last night so I didn't even need to enter my account/password again. It also did give me free express shipping without needing to add a game or accessory. Got the confirmation email already! Woo-hoo!

Just received my PS5 from PS direct this morning. Got it in 2 days with free express shipping. Shipped from Ontario California to Los Angeles California. Can't wait to try it out tonight after work.

IMG-3481.jpg

Could be - I've never ordered anything physical from Sony before. You'd think they would know that I have Plus and send me the appropriate email. But every time I log in to get the PS+ games they ask me to add a Plus membership even though I'm paid up for 2+ years. After clicking around for a while the site finally "remembers" and I can get the PS+ games. So it could just be that their system is janky. Not a good sign for tomorrow but we'll see.

Edit: In the queue now... I started about 5 till 11 and was shown a countdown timer at which time I was supposedly put into a random order in the queue. It was telling me at first that the wait time was more than 1 hour. 3 minutes in it went down to 18 minutes.

Got in at around 11:14 and was able to order it instantly. The $399.99 one was sold out but I wanted the disc version anyway. It had remembered my log in from last night so I didn't even need to enter my account/password again. It also did give me free express shipping without needing to add a game or accessory. Got the confirmation email already! Woo-hoo!
Sony didn't send me a tracking # or letting me know that it was shipped until that morning out for delivery. But my FedEx app on my phone sent me a notification last night that I'm expecting a large package that required a signature. If you want download the FedEx app for your phone and add your address and name. The app can text you to let you know it's out for delivery and that it was delivered and signed.

Sony didn't send me a tracking # or letting me know that it was shipped until that morning out for delivery. But my FedEx app on my phone sent me a notification last night that I'm expecting a large package that required a signature. Download the FedEx app for your phone and add your address and name. The app can text you to let you know it's out for delivery and that it was delivered and signed.
UPS and USPS too.

lol the walmart ps5 is in my cart but it wont let me check out even though there is a timer lol

just says item is oos lol

Such a joke. A year later and you can’t find this thing
Our reliance on China (trade and manufacturing) is the joke.

Certain people like to talk like it's all the fault of the guy who has been in office for like 5 minutes.

Everyone should watch an informational news story on global chip manufacturing in semiconductor plants in order to get a better idea on the timelines. I think they said a single, giant wafer takes like 9 months to complete? It's hundreds of millions of dollars in tech, equipment, and facilities. Intel is the only company making semiconductors in America anymore. TSMC in Taiwan can make fabrications shrunk at about half the size and they supply about 70% of the global market. We are many years behind in this kind of chip manufacturing. Without having the capability of making the most efficient / fastest chips. China also supplies about 75% of the worlds rare earth metals used in electronics manufacturing. If you've been paying attention to the news the last couple of years you also know that China has been fighting for control over Taiwan.

Crypto mining is also ruining everything with their demand for PC components. While wasting energy (.5% of the entire world's electricity consumption now) and contributing nothing to society or the economy. So much of this chip supply now has been redirected into making expensive PC components that never even make it to the public market.

Such a joke. A year later and you can’t find this thing
This isn't meant to instigate in any way.

The PS5 hasn't been 'hard to get'. I've had plenty of opportunities to buy one, and could have purchased several throughout the year. I even accidentally bought one back in March, sat on it for a month and almost returned it to get a refund since it sat unopened/unused. Since April I've played two games on it. You aren't missing much.

bread's done
Back