PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale - Coming Holiday 2012, First Gameplay Footage Un

I'll be picking up my copy later today from Best Buy. Anyone know how they generally handle their preorders? Unfortunately I was late in preordering the game so I'm hoping they'll have extra copies left over with preorder codes inside.

Looks like the fun, I'll pick it up eventually, especially if they ever get around to doing a Demon's Soul character as DLC, Biorr of the royal twin fangs would rock as a playable character.

Had bought Gravity Rush last month from BB with the B2G1, but hadn't opened it yet. Returned it today for the Vita version of PS All-Stars after the surprisingly good reviews. Once I sink some time into it, I'll probably be trying to go online with some CAGs.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Kratos needs a nerf![/QUOTE]
Called that back in the beta. Problem is his move list is just too good and minor nerfs arent going to help that fact. Normally I would rather learn to fight against something that is really powerful(wesker/zero in umvc) instead of it getting nerfed but from the beta it looked like kratos was in a tier of his own. Still havent played retail so of course my opinion is not entirely educated but it was enough to make me wait a bit to get the game until after some more reviews came in.

Does Anybody know if Kmart is selling this game? I went to two Kmarts and neither had them and it doesn't show it on their website. I have two gaming coupons to burn and really want this game!!! :D

Got familiar with Drake and played through Arcade mode. A lot of depth and strategy for a game like this. It strikes a surprisingly good balance between being familiar to the games that inspired it like SSB but still feeling like it's own game with some new ideas. The super move requirement to earn kills and thus points changes the way you play in a good way, and all the moves match the characters well.

After finishing Uncharted on the Vita and then playing this game, it feels almost exactly like you'd expect a 2D Uncharted to control like. Looking forward to trying out some more characters.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Called that back in the beta. Problem is his move list is just too good and minor nerfs arent going to help that fact. Normally I would rather learn to fight against something that is really powerful(wesker/zero in umvc) instead of it getting nerfed but from the beta it looked like kratos was in a tier of his own. Still havent played retail so of course my opinion is not entirely educated but it was enough to make me wait a bit to get the game until after some more reviews came in.[/QUOTE]
The main moves that irk me about Kratos is his left-right+square and his air down+circle (hammer). First why does his first move track people. And why does a downward attack like air hammer have a projectile coming out making it fairly safe if blocked anywhere except point blank.

I've also been having trouble against Raiden, who defintely has the best set of supers and can easily build up meter for them with his normal moveset.

So far been playing with Drake. I've tried Sir Dan a little, but his moveset is definitely lacking. He really feels like the joke character. He may have reach but his mobility is under par. He does have air resets into supers, though it's not guaranteed and requires further mindgames.

[quote name='option.iv']
So far been playing with Drake. I've tried Sir Dan a little, but his moveset is definitely lacking. He really feels like the joke character. He may have reach but his mobility is under par. He does have air resets into supers, though it's not guaranteed and requires further mindgames.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be the first time...

Alpha_3_Dan.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Played some more and I think Sony should have spent whatever was necessary to get a Final Fantasy character into this game, if only from a marketing perspective. Plus I'm remembering Ehrgeiz and how much fun it was, some of the characters would fit right in. Maybe Square-Enix isn't interested if they plan on doing more with Dissidia?

I have a quick question about this game and that is if i buy a used copy of PSASBR for PS3, I wouldn't be able to get the Playstation Vita version because the disc would be tied to the previous owner's account already right?

[quote name='Metal Militia']I have a quick question about this game and that is if i buy a used copy of PSASBR for PS3, I wouldn't be able to get the Playstation Vita version because the disc would be tied to the previous owner's account already right?[/QUOTE]

Depends on if the previous owner activated it. Apparently the disc notifies you every time you insert it that you haven't redeemed your Vita version, so I think it's unlikely that a used copy (even from Gamefly) hasn't been redeemed. There's been a discussion on it in the PSN Weekly Deals thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10200968&postcount=402

[quote name='johnnypark']Played some more and I think Sony should have spent whatever was necessary to get a Final Fantasy character into this game, if only from a marketing perspective. Plus I'm remembering Ehrgeiz and how much fun it was, some of the characters would fit right in. Maybe Square-Enix isn't interested if they plan on doing more with Dissidia?[/QUOTE]

They already have an effeminate japanese character though. And wasting money to get more men with vaginal creases in a game is just stupid.

[quote name='Paco']They already have an effeminate japanese character though. And wasting money to get more men with vaginal creases in a game is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

No way, bring on the androgyny =)

Not sure if you doods knew about this, but the first DLC is going to free. Here is a sneak peek at the new characters and level.

Can I get some help with the "Friendly Competition" trophy? What you have to do is "Complete a Versus Match against an online player". Basically, play a match with someone on your friends list.

got this for a friend but want to sell/trade the vita version to offset costs (friend doesn't want vita). can anyone suggest how to go about this?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']got this for a friend but want to sell/trade the vita version to offset costs (friend doesn't want vita). can anyone suggest how to go about this?[/QUOTE]

It's attached to the disc, the only way to activate the Vita copy is through the disc while logged into the PSN account you want it to be registered to, so any trade/sale would require the other person access to the disc itself. If you have a friend locally who'd be willing to through you $20 for it, you might be able to do it, but generally speaking it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

I know this game gets ragged on a lot, but I put it on my Christmas list in the hope that my wife would play with me. We played for about 2 hours last night, and had a lot of fun! She's hardly ever interested in games, but used to play back in the day. The online is kind of frustrating, as it seems some folks are really really good. I am complete garbage, but I still have fun.

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']This game is so much fun. I wish I bought it sooner.

It popped up for 39.99 at GS. Still 39.99 on amazon at the moment.[/QUOTE]New MSRP is $40 & BB has a $10 off coupon so it's 430.

Did anyone else notice that PS Store put up the preorder DLC costumes for sale... at $1.99 PER COSTUME? Uh... WTF.

[quote name='Enuf']New MSRP is $40 & BB has a $10 off coupon so it's 430.[/QUOTE]

I just checked that thread and it says 10 off for the vita version only. I bought it on PS3.

Really like this game, but thinking of trading it in now that I have the platinum. Online is fun, but I'm tired of it being me (usually Heihachi) vs 3 Kratos/Raidens. Hope they do some balancing soon to nerf some characters and buff some others.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Really like this game, but thinking of trading it in now that I have the platinum. Online is fun, but I'm tired of it being me (usually Heihachi) vs 3 Kratos/Raidens. Hope they do some balancing soon to nerf some characters and buff some others.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm taking a little mini break from this game because all I run into are Kratos and Raidens. I would wait to trade it in though cause there's suppose to be an upcoming patch that nerfs both of them and I think Drake as well. Maybe it will help with the balancing issues online. I'm guessing it will be realsed when the new DLC drops which shouldn't be that far off.

Yup, the brand of Playstation doesn't really come to mind when I think of Issac Clarke or Zeus.

Abe from Abe's Odyssey, Gabe from Syphon Filter, or Dart from Legend of Dragoon would've been better choices (to name a few)

bread's done
Back