playstation classic 39.99 newegg..(if anyone actually wants one)

I think the retailer that drops these to $20 will be the one to finally flush out their inventory.  Seems to be the magical "buy in" price for most.  I'm definitely waiting on another drop or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan boy but thanks for the dumb comment ... not an expert but think I found the idiot in the thread 😂😂😂😂🤣
Nice use of emojis. I can generally gauge the intelligence of a poster by the use of them. Gold star for you, special guy.

Hey guys, maybe someone could help me. So i completely missed the PS1 and PS2 era on gaming. The game I've been dying to play is Silent Hill, can this thing be hacked to play it? Been trying to look this info up but i cant seem to find any. Thanks guys!
Google search "PlayStation Classic USB Ready" and download the 32gb or 64gb files loaded with games (I think Silent Hill is one of the games, not positive) and copy them to a USB 2.0 flash drive and plug it into the PSC and play, that's it. No modding of the system, it's all on the flash drive.

Edit: You can also just download the files without any games, and just add your own.

Edit 2: I meant Google search "PlayStation Classic USB Ready".

I thinkj the retailer that drops these to $20 will be the one to finally flush out their inventory. Seems to be the magical "buy in" price for most. I'm definitely waiting on another drop or two.
Get it now. Look what happened to the PS TV.

Get it now. Look what happened to the PS TV.
Eh, I don't think those two are inherently the same. There's gotta be way more units of PlayStation Classic than there ever were PSTV.

Plus, that hacking scene really got good *after* those things were long clearanced out, and that drove demand way up on them.

I think the retailer that drops these to $20 will be the one to finally flush out their inventory. Seems to be the magical "buy in" price for most. I'm definitely waiting on another drop or two.
Amazon already cleared their stock (Amazon US).

Haven't really been paying attention so this may be old news, but it looks like Target and Best Buy have had a price drop on this to $40.

They have to do that. Sony hasn't pushed an "official" price drop yet and by law you can only have stuff on sale for a certain amount of time in some places.

It’s been $40 at walmart for five weeks. Best Buy price matches them.
Maybe it was your regional management? Or mine perhaps as it dropped at WM here when the famous $40 drop occurred, but then went back up to $60 after a week or so. Then dropped back down again just recently.

Maybe it was your regional management? Or mine perhaps as it dropped at WM here when the famous $40 drop occurred, but then went back up to $60 after a week or so. Then dropped back down again just recently.
I wasn’t familiar with it going up and down in price. I just knew a thread was posted six weeks ago about the new $40 price. It’s basically a race to the bottom.

This Romeo guy thinks we can just price match everywhere but that doesn't work for some retails. Plus some still show $59.99 price tag. I even remember a post where the price went down to $25 but only at few stores. Most retail stores likely just lowered the price to $40 in the last two weeks. 

I don’t see it happening. Is it even possible to have all them games be backwards compatible in one system. It being able to play ps4 games makes sense. Ps1-ps4 games, that’s too good to be true

This Romeo guy thinks we can just price match everywhere but that doesn't work for some retails. Plus some still show $59.99 price tag. I even remember a post where the price went down to $25 but only at few stores. Most retail stores likely just lowered the price to $40 in the last two weeks.
I presume since you’re new around here based on your join date that you’re obviously trolling.

walmart has been selling the PSC for $40 six weeks ago. All stores price match walmart. There is no YMMV, no hope or luck, it is policy at target and best buy to price match walmart.

I’ve been following the PSC for quite a while now. I am the one who announced the price drop to $60, and members such as yourself argued with me that it wasn’t. Two months later and the proof was there, I was correct. Same as this time, the PSC dropped to $40 a while back. Search CAG and you can see the time stamped history of posts.

https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/2019/2/12/18220963/playstation-classic-console-walmart-sale

All you needed was to give me proof and then l heard nothing from you there after. Of course people would argue if you don't even give proof. 

All you needed was to give me proof and then l heard nothing from you there after. Of course people would argue if you don't even give proof.
Why should one have to prove themself? It takes about three seconds to google search ‘PlayStation classic $40”, which is exactly how I found and linked the verge article from six weeks ago. Or search on the forums to see the threads that were on the main page from six weeks ago up until recently.

seems to be moving at $40, I might have to bite at this price for a backup system if it starts going out of stock

Sooner or later these stocks will dry up. Stores will be like “We just can’t hold on to these any longer, we need space for new merchandise.”

Cmon and bring the fire sale!!!!

bread's done
Back