Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
That may be true about SE execs, but is Embracer better? SE has popped out great games from these studios over the past decade. Is Embracer known for letting devs make great games or do they cost cut the hell out of stuff?
Embracer is the new name for Nordic/Nordic THQ so you may have already played more games under their umbrella than you think you have. They have acquired a LOT of studios in the last few years.

May the Fourth be with you all! For some reason the Playstation site doesn't have a specific section for May the Fourth sales, but Starwars.com has the good stuff.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-day-video-game-deals

Edit: I should have searched Star Wars instead of May the Fourth.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/search/star%20wars
Jedi Fallen Order for $10 is tempting for me, but it feels like something that will pop up on the new PS Plus/Now at some point.

That may be true about SE execs, but is Embracer better? SE has popped out great games from these studios over the past decade. Is Embracer known for letting devs make great games or do they cost cut the hell out of stuff?
I don't know enough about Embracer to really say. All I know is, I really hope they go back to letting them focus on their own IP. No more Marvel stuff. I'm sick and tired of watching gaming mainstays like Deus Ex get backgrounded in favor of pre-existing IP that has clear limits on how imaginative the product can be.

It's funny, I hate the repetition and frustration of Souls and Rogue-like games, but I'll sit in my chair for hours trying to shave thousands of a second off of my friends best time on a GT7 license test.  

I'm gonna start playing Guns of the Patriots today. The only other Metal Gear Solid game I have played is the Phantom Pain. Mgs4 leaves PS now in like 10 days so I'm going to beat it before then. I still wish PS3 games could be downloaded but I am sure I won't have any trouble streaming it. I have really fast internet. Something like 400-500 down.

Is anyone here familiar with Metro's home internet? I know they're advertising 5G like their parent company T-Mobile, but I also know from experience that Metro customers get deprioritized during peak hours in favor of T-Mobile customers. I would switch but I like getting Prime bundled with my plan. Streaming or cloud gaming is out of the question for me when I have crappy slow internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny, I hate the repetition and frustration of Souls and Rogue-like games, but I'll sit in my chair for hours trying to shave thousands of a second off of my friends best time on a GT7 license test.
A lot of people have their repetitive comfort food for games and other things. For gaming mine is dungeon crawlers like Etrian Odyssey. I know people like those RPGs with repetitive combat (I've kind of grown out of that phase), but some people really like to just do something like getting beaten like crazy in Souls games, or match a bunch of candy in those type of games. For my anime watching my comfort food is the ecchi romantic comedy animes. They usually suck, but require so little brain power I can power through them quite easily.

I'm gonna start playing Guns of the Patriots today. The only other Metal Gear Solid game I have played is the Phantom Pain. Mgs4 leaves PS now in like 10 days so I'm going to beat it before then. I still wish PS3 games could be downloaded but I am sure I won't have any trouble streaming it. I have really fast internet. Something like 400-500 down.
Great game. I didn't have any issues streaming it; you should be all good with that speed.

The fact that the game is leaving PS Now in 10 days kinda ruins this, but if you had the chance, I'd suggest playing MGS 1 & 2 before 4. (3 optional since it's more of a prequel to all of them.) MGS4's story will be more meaningful if you've played those. And it's a very story-heavy game compared to MGS5.

Great game. I didn't have any issues streaming it; you should be all good with that speed.

The fact that the game is leaving PS Now in 10 days kinda ruins this, but if you had the chance, I'd suggest playing MGS 1 & 2 before 4. (3 optional since it's more of a prequel to all of them.) MGS4's story will be more meaningful if you've played those. And it's a very story-heavy game compared to MGS5.
Not an option unfortunately. People rave about 4 more so over any other MGS game is seems so I am okay with playing 4 first and then going back to the others if I feel like it and they are available to stream.

This ends on May 9, so grab the new version of Fall Guys before then:

https://twitter.com/FallGuysGame/status/1511328163099512840?t=tHT2DlbkMLhfIr_102eqpA&s=19

Not an option unfortunately. People rave about 4 more so over any other MGS game is seems so I am okay with playing 4 first and then going back to the others if I feel like it and they are available to stream.
Playing 4 first is like watching Avengers Endgame without seeing any other Marvel movies.

Playing 4 first is like watching Avengers Endgame without seeing any other Marvel movies.
Well I have already played and beat 5. I had no idea what was going on most of the time and then google told me all the Metal Gear games are like that. I still had a blast with it though. There is no way I am going to buy all the metal gear games. I would then have to figure out which ones will play on my PS2 or PS3 and track them down. Too much work. There are just way too many games to play on PS NOW and Game Pass that I have already paid for sub wise. Someone wouldn't watch only Endgame since all the Marvel movies are on Disneyplus. It's not like all the Metal Gear Solid games are on PS Now and I am choosing to only play 4. It's either play 4 before it leaves in 12 days or not play it at all. Since it's gotten amazing reviews, I am choosing to play it. I got to the guy that trades weapons for points before saving and putting on the Penguins game. I will play a lot more tonight.

Well I have already played and beat 5. I had no idea what was going on most of the time and then google told me all the Metal Gear games are like that. I still had a blast with it though. There is no way I am going to buy all the metal gear games. I would then have to figure out which ones will play on my PS2 or PS3 and track them down. Too much work. There are just way too many games to play on PS NOW and Game Pass that I have already paid for sub wise. Someone wouldn't watch only Endgame since all the Marvel movies are on Disneyplus. It's not like all the Metal Gear Solid games are on PS Now and I am choosing to only play 4. It's either play 4 before it leaves in 12 days or not play it at all. Since it's gotten amazing reviews, I am choosing to play it. I got to the guy that trades weapons for points before saving and putting on the Penguins game. I will play a lot more tonight.
You done goofed. I don't see anyway how you will enjoy the story. Who is snake talking to. Why are they focusing on this girl from that squad. Who is this revolver ocelot. Why is he calling himself liquid. Is that a vampire? Who is this ninja? The gameplay is fine but very linear though.

You done goofed. I don't see anyway how you will enjoy the story. Who is snake talking to. Why are they focusing on this girl from that squad. Who is this revolver ocelot. Why is he calling himself liquid. Is that a vampire? Who is this ninja? The gameplay is fine but very linear though.
So then I will check out a video summary on youtube.

I beat 5 without playing Peace Walker and I thought I didn't miss out on much. 4, however, references past games as it is the culmination of their stories. Then again, MGS stories are wack and you probably won't connect everything together unless you watch a lore video. My friends dragged me to watch the last Harry Potter movie opening weekend and I had never seen any of the prior movies so I didn't get very much out of that experience. But anyway, if you do choose to play 4, I think the game is worth a replay after you've had time to play the other games.

If only we’d get a MGS3 remake but actually open world this time. My fav out of all of them. MgsV was the best gameplay wise. 4 is up there as well. 1 was my childhood. 2 was ehh to me

I played every MGS game (even the GB Color one) and I completely agree, the overall story/how the games related to one another is hard to follow outside of a few key characters/events. But I loved the games thought the stories were good and stood fine on their own. The only exceptions was MGS2 got a little too out there after a while. Also, a plug for MGS GBC for anyone that's never played it- I have no idea how they managed to make a handheld MGS game that was arguably one of the best portable games I've ever played.

I'm not sure if it's still available, but on the PS3, there was a MGS Database thing you could download that was basically an encyclopedia of the MGS series. It's an awesome bonus but I don't remember the details of how I got it (free DLC? automatic add-on content? bonus DLC?) or what it's actually called.

Huge Metal Gear guy here

4 is playable but it’s not gonna make much sense. 1 and 2 are the ones you NEED to play. 3 can wait since it is a prequel followed by portable ops and then Peace Walker.

I also have a David Hayter signed PS3 MGS4 console and a Kojima autographed copy of Snake Eater (Korean version). I’m a bit of a fan.

Huge Metal Gear guy here

4 is playable but it’s not gonna make much sense. 1 and 2 are the ones you NEED to play. 3 can wait since it is a prequel followed by portable ops and then Peace Walker.

I also have a David Hayter signed PS3 MGS4 console and a Kojima autographed copy of Snake Eater (Korean version). I’m a bit of a fan.
Well maybe they will come to PS Now soon and I can play them. I don't want to miss my chance to play MGS4 without having to pay for it and play it on my PS3. So much easier to just play it right now on my PS5.

If only we’d get a MGS3 remake but actually open world this time. My fav out of all of them. MgsV was the best gameplay wise. 4 is up there as well. 1 was my childhood. 2 was ehh to me
Konami has been done funding new game development for years. All they do are cash-ins now.

I beat 5 without playing Peace Walker and I thought I didn't miss out on much. 4, however, references past games as it is the culmination of their stories. Then again, MGS stories are wack and you probably won't connect everything together unless you watch a lore video. My friends dragged me to watch the last Harry Potter movie opening weekend and I had never seen any of the prior movies so I didn't get very much out of that experience. But anyway, if you do choose to play 4, I think the game is worth a replay after you've had time to play the other games.
If you are referencing the Dumbledore one you wouldn't get anything out of the other movies besides knowing who the animal protection guy is from the previous movie and his friend.

I played every MGS game (even the GB Color one) and I completely agree, the overall story/how the games related to one another is hard to follow outside of a few key characters/events. But I loved the games thought the stories were good and stood fine on their own. The only exceptions was MGS2 got a little too out there after a while. Also, a plug for MGS GBC for anyone that's never played it- I have no idea how they managed to make a handheld MGS game that was arguably one of the best portable games I've ever played.

I'm not sure if it's still available, but on the PS3, there was a MGS Database thing you could download that was basically an encyclopedia of the MGS series. It's an awesome bonus but I don't remember the details of how I got it (free DLC? automatic add-on content? bonus DLC?) or what it's actually called.
This maybe? https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4_Database

I'm pretty sure I have something similar in either DLC from MGS4 or The Legacy Collection.

Well maybe they will come to PS Now soon and I can play them. I don't want to miss my chance to play MGS4 without having to pay for it and play it on my PS3. So much easier to just play it right now on my PS5.
Maybe a possible buy in the future: Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO

(Try to buy brand new if you do because the PS1 games are codes and not on disc)

Assuming it has a platinum, this will be an easy one like it is to get 1000 points on Xbox:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1522577076141936640

Wow. Goodbye Square Enix caring about Western developed games!
They still have Just Cause and a couple other games, but they were dumping their risk at this point. Losing 200 million on Avengers and Guardians shook them a bit, so they wanted out of games that have consistently under-performed or done nothing for them financially. It also frees them up to have a tighter portfolio of actual substance should Sony come knocking for an acquisition. Granted I don't think they're looking for that right now.

ya nobody wants your shit 'service' games.

grow up, and act like you actually deserve your salaries. 

let Avengers and other SquareEnix IPs be a lesson to asshole executives everywhere. 

ya nobody wants your shit 'service' games.

grow up, and act like you actually deserve your salaries.

let Avengers and other Square IPs be a lesson to asshole executives everywhere.
This attitude is so weird. Square Enix started making live-service games because they're popular. Some of their live service games have been making them money for almost twenty years now. Some of them are even among the most beloved titles ever, FFXIV for instance.

"Grow up"...? Uhh. What's childish here. I don't see it. None of my kids make bad business decisions and fail to adequately predict market successes using financial models, but maybe they're just behind for their age.

People really need to stop making really divisive, borderline political pronouncements about games. The attitude towards Square-Enix lately is baffling. Read the embracer group threads on the PS5 subreddit, then the stuff lately about FF16 or FF14 and you will experience borderline paralyzing whiplash.

And that's without saying anything about the NFT hysteria.

Take a deep breath guys; it's gonna be OK. If you wanna populist rant about execs, there are better venues than a video games forum.

This attitude is so weird. Square Enix started making live-service games because they're popular. Some of their live service games have been making them money for almost twenty years now. Some of them are even among the most beloved titles ever, FFXIV for instance.

"Grow up"...? Uhh. What's childish here. I don't see it. None of my kids make bad business decisions and fail to adequately predict market successes using financial models, but maybe they're just behind for their age.

People really need to stop making really divisive, borderline political pronouncements about games. The attitude towards Square-Enix lately is baffling. Read the embracer group threads on the PS5 subreddit, then the stuff lately about FF16 or FF14 and you will experience borderline paralyzing whiplash.

Take a deep breath guys; it's gonna be OK. If you wanna populist rant about execs, there are better venues than a video games forum.
LOL you just compared Avengers to FF14. Probably the second best MMO in the history of paid subscription models.

The market spoke and Avengers sucks. I can't even think of a bigger bomb in recent memory. Using one of NA's most successful franchises in modern history. If you don't understand how hard SquareEnix has been over-monetizing the majority of their IPs, bastardizing the concept of a proper DLC model, and unnecessarily turning games into GAAS titles during the previous decade then that's on you. Blaming Guardians for selling poorly is like blaming 'Solo' for doing poorly at the box office after following The Last Jedi; people caught on and they are rejecting your hubristic businesses.

Not everybody gets to be Call of Duty. You have to make a truly great game first.

The irony is that Avengers was delayed so badly because mid-development the decision was made to turn it into a live-service game. They doubled-down on that fuck up.

It's a videogame site talking about videogames. It's valid to talk about how stupid square enix is.

Call of Duty [...] truly great game
cc8.gif

LOL you just compared Avengers to FF14. Probably the second best MMO in the history of paid subscription models.
They are both live service models and you said live service games were bad and no one wants them... They are by the same company, bruh. I'm just trying to make arguments over here and respond to the substance of what people say, you should try it sometime.

and you said live service games were bad and no one wants them...
They didn't say that exactly though I can see how you would have interpreted it that way.

On the subject of ff14 people seem quick to forget that it originally released and was considered garbage. So much so that they fired the entire team that worked on it throwing them under the bus even though it should be upper management held accountable for that. It took them years of retweaking it and running the game at a loss to get to where they are now. It's not even the same game really given they basically remade it from the ground up.

I like when everyone gets angry and fights.
We're probably going to run out of popcorn.

I thought the first original Modern Warfare was great. They just kept milking afterward. I haven't bought or played a COD games in years.

I keep getting this error message every time I try to play MGS 4 PS Now game: Your PS Now subscription has ended. Renew it now to continue playing. It doesn't expire for another 11 months. Google just tells me to reset the PS5 and not keep the game suspended. So I reset the PS5 and the game worked so last night, I closed out of the game completely but I am yet again getting the same message when trying to play it. Is this common? Has anyone else ran into this bug? Do I really need to reset my PS5 every time I want to play a PS Now game? The error code is CE-118415-0 and this is the only thread I have found about it

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/tsln03/my_sons_account_is_unable_to_stream_any_game_from/

I will try some other troubleshooting and contact Sony if I have to. Hopefully it's just some weird issue related to their new merger with PS+ but I don't think anyone here has posted that they are having this issue so I am asking about it. Then again, I don't know how many here have PS Now or have played it recently.

bread's done
Back