Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Looks like they added the ability to check for updates on installed games in your library so you don't have to start them first.

Some new releases for this week:

PS5/PS4 Crymachina - $59.99 - Demo out now

PS5/PS4 Frog Detective: The Entire Mystery - $19.99

PSVR2 Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord - $34.99

PSVR2 Journey to Foundation - $39.99

PS5/PS4 Mineko's Night Market - $19.99

PS4 World of Horror - $19.99

There's a Cross-Play Open Beta going on for The Finals from now until 11/6:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6851-PPSA18780_00-0426326284338457

So, say your drive fails down the road. Will you be able to buy another drive or a used drive from another console to repair? Or does this pair the drive to only that PS5 for life and only way to repair it would be to send it in to sony. One of the things I loved about the new PS5 design is the ability to replace a faulty disc drive years down the road easily.
Yep. It could have saved my day1 PS4 with the perpetual "disc ejection" issue.

I'm streaming some Saltsea Chronicles if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Very neat adventure game set in a post-climate change flooded world called Saltsea where you're working with your crew to try to figure out what happened to your leader. They have a good card game in there that seems to have house rules in the different areas you can play it, so you'll have to see how the rules change in every community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Came to post the $25 PSN gift cards that were $17.61 on Amazon, but they sold out already.  I managed to get an order for 4 in.  EDIT: Looks like it's back?

I snagged just one of the $25 PSN cards for $17.61, since I try to buy mostly physical games and go digital for deep discounts or if I have no choice. Have nothing in mind for it, but figure it'll be a nice surprise when I do want to get something on there in the future. I'm sure I'll find a game or two I want during the Black Friday sale.

missed the psn credit, got some of the $25 amazon gift cards for $14 though.
Was trying to get some of those but the price kept bumping up when I clicked buy now. Seems like somebody over at Amazon is having a wild one with all these gift card glitches.

there were some crazy ones, $100 amazon for $50 (couldn't get any) $50 roblox for $26, lots of fast food ones. expect a bunch of cancellations but some might slip through. most were overnight 4-8am delivery so clock is ticking.

It's not possible to use Amazon digital rewards (for picking the slower shipping for Prime members) on PSN cards, or any digital cards right? 

It's not possible to use Amazon digital rewards (for picking the slower shipping for Prime members) on PSN cards, or any digital cards right?
Correct, or game codes. The only games they can be used for are Android games through their website or app.

Best use for me is buying cheap movies that are Movies Anywhere eligible.
Is there any easy way to do that? I'm not a huge digital purchase person and definitely not a huge digital video/TV show purchase person- I know what MA is but wondering if I can easily filter Amazon purchases to show MA compatible movies.

I just picked up Barbie since it was 49 cents.

EDIT* Welp, nevermind, it was 49 cents because that was the price AFTER the $19.50 credit I had so... there goes all my credits.

Is there any easy way to do that? I'm not a huge digital purchase person and definitely not a huge digital video/TV show purchase person- I know what MA is but wondering if I can easily filter Amazon purchases to show MA compatible movies.

I just picked up Barbie since it was 49 cents.

EDIT* Welp, nevermind, it was 49 cents because that was the price AFTER the $19.50 credit I had so... there goes all my credits.
I don’t think you can sort Amazon by if it’s movies anywhere, but if you need to know about specific titles in the future, the fastest way to an answer is to search the title on the movies anywhere site/app. If it shows up there then it’s definitely MA compatible.

As far as Barbie goes, you might be able to ask for a refund if you haven’t watched it yet.

Came to post the $25 PSN gift cards that were $17.61 on Amazon, but they sold out already. I managed to get an order for 4 in. EDIT: Looks like it's back?
Got 5 of the 8 PSN cards I ordered. The first order of 4 cards shipped, then I got an e-mail saying that they were only going to honor the price for 1 card. The second order was reduced to a quantity of 1 and shipped. Later I got an e-mail saying that they were canceling all orders for the cards, the cards would have $0 balance, and gave me a $25 Amazon credit. All 5 cards redeemed, so I got $150 in PSN/Amazon credit for $88.

I received my one PSN card for $17. Makes me wish I would have ordered a couple more.

There is some DLC content on sale that I'm interested in but I will just wait until black Friday and hope they might be cheaper during the holidays.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/08/23/playstations-first-remote-play-dedicated-device-playstation-portal-remote-player-to-launch-later-this-year-at-199-99/

Update: Pulse Explore wireless earbuds, Pulse Elite wireless headset, and additional PlayStation Link USB adapters will be available to pre-order starting Thursday, November 9 at 10am local time. Pre-orders will be available in U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Portugal through direct.playstation.com and select retailers. Preorders will also be available through select retailers in other global markets starting on the same day.

The Pulse Explore wireless earbuds will launch in select markets starting December 6, 2023, including the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Pulse Explore wireless earbuds will continue to roll out globally in the following months.

The Pulse Elite wireless headset will launch in most global markets starting February 21, 2024, and throughout the following months.

A PlayStation Link USB Adapter is included with Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore and will also be available as a standalone purchase for the recommended retail price of 24.99 USD | 24.99 EURO | 19.99 GBP | 3,480 YEN. Standalone adapters will launch starting December 6, 2023, in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. PlayStation Link USB Adapter will continue to roll out globally in the following months.

Not feelin the new PS store. Can’t even see the ps plus plans. My premium expires before Black Friday. Finna see if there’s gonna be deals for renewing

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1719049303564386486

I'm sure that people have seen or heard this already, but:

Bungie delaying Destiny 2 expansion and Marathon release amid layoffs

Destiny 2 Dev Bungie Hit With Layoffs, Just 15 Months After PlayStation Acquisition

The Final Shape delayed from Feb 2024 to June 2024.
These shakeups at Sony amid a record-breaking year means they're seriously concerned about the future. They won the console business but sorely lost live services. The irony is that once cloud gaming, or all digital takes over in the future there will be little need for independent hardware when platforms can be a TV, an iPad, a PC; anything. This is why XBL was retired and PS+ will have little relevance when their main selling point was to be able to play online. That free (greedy) ride will be over.

This phrase always confuses me. When Doom, Duke Nukem, and Quake were big, boomers were in their 30s and 40s primarily complaining about shooters, not playing them. It was the kids of boomers creating and playing them.
I just base it on the look and feel of the game which is why I use that terminology. Call them Baby Boomer Shooters lol

I just got the platinum for Chorus. It's probably around the twelfth platinum I've gotten since getting my PS5 a few months ago. Originally played it on my Xbox One X and the 60 FPS boost and fast loading times on current gen hardware really make a big difference.

Right now I'm playing through Indivisible and Cris Tales and really enjoying both. I never got to finish Chorus and Cris Tales before they left Game Pass so I'm glad that I finally get to clean them up.

This phrase always confuses me. When Doom, Duke Nukem, and Quake were big, boomers were in their 30s and 40s primarily complaining about shooters, not playing them. It was the kids of boomers creating and playing them.
It just sounds catchier than calling them Retro FPS's.

Rumors are Mafia II Definitive Edition and Aliens Fireteam Elite.
Mafia II I worked on back when I was with 2K, so have fun with it.

Aliens is a good time, and the addition of it being free will hopefully bring an influx of new players to it and wake up matchmaking

Wonder what the 3rd game is. Would that be Teardown since it is a new title this month and is coming to Plus?

Wonder what the 3rd game is. Would that be Teardown since it is a new title this month and is coming to Plus?
I don't think so since it's mentioned as joining the "PlayStation Plus Game Catalog" with no mention of the Essential tier.

Spider-Man 2 was a great 25 hour platinum. Such a fantastic game. Now I return to the backlog. Just started Star Ocean First Departure R since I realized most of main series is in my backlog. Might as well start knocking the games out. By the time I get through a few of them the remake of Second story will hopefully be a bit cheaper. 

I bought Dragon Ball Breakers for $5 a couple months ago and now it's on PS Plus. That's an excuse to finally give it a try. I'll add my physical copy to the trade pile for the next convention. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/11/01/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-november-mafia-ii-definitive-edition-dragon-ball-the-breakers-aliens-fireteam-elite/

We’re pleased to see strong engagement for Sony Pictures Core since launching earlier this month on PS5 and PS4 consoles. Sony Pictures Core provides access for players to buy or rent up to 2,000 movies* straight from their console, and as a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get additional benefits. Starting on November 1 all PlayStation Plus members will receive a 15% discount on all content available for purchase and rental in Sony Pictures Core during the month of November.

Lastly, we hope you caught the premiere of the new mind-bending interactive streaming series Silent Hill: Ascension which made its debut yesterday. In addition to the interactive series, a weekly compilation of audience-influenced storylines will be packaged into TV episodes, and PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members will have exclusive access to all weekly compilation episodes 24-hours before they debut on other platforms. PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members can catch the first one early on November 8 at noon PST local time, before its wide release on November 9.**

bread's done
Back