Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
well, EA added ultimate team to the college game, so every other mode will be completely ignored and the gameplay will be a reskinned version of the previous years madden. I really want this game to be good so i can put away my ps3, but i have real doubts EA isn't just releasing a cash grab here. I'll see how they handle recruiting and the transfer portal before i give them any money.

More details:

This will be the first game I drop the $70 to get on day 1. It will also be the first time I spend that much for just the digital version (easier to access the game remotely from the PS Portal or from another PS5). Hopefully the committee that decides who makes the post-season playoff is better than the real life version though.

An annual sports game seems like the worst type of game to preorder to me.
As others have said, this is the first game in the series in over a decade and it will feature the real players with accurate details (name, appearance, ratings based on performance, etc.). Prior games required us to download rosters from others to get real names and hopefully accurate ratings. EA did a lot of work to make this game more authentic in terms of the stadium details and college traditions that make it unique from the NFL.

You’re never going to talk a Gamer out of their crippling fomo or illusions of rarity. It’s why pre-ordering games is inexplicably still a thing these days.

Y'all don't realize how popular college football is in some parts of this country. This game series was infinitely more enjoyable than the soul-less Madden series for a lot of people and we have been starving for another entry for a long time. We aren't preordering due to scarcity of the actual game itself but moreso to relive something we enjoyed when we were younger. It's a combination of nostalgia and CFB fandom that drives the interest to get it day 1. The amount of hours that people like me poured into this series growing up would be worth paying full price so I understand that doesn't mesh with typical CAG principles.

Y'all don't realize how popular college football is in some parts of this country. This game series was infinitely more enjoyable than the soul-less Madden series for a lot of people and we have been starving for another entry for a long time. We aren't preordering due to scarcity of the actual game itself but moreso to relive something we enjoyed when we were younger. It's a combination of nostalgia and CFB fandom that drives the interest to get it day 1. The amount of hours that people like me poured into this series growing up would be worth paying full price so I understand that doesn't mesh with typical CAG principles.
Completely agree.

Some games are worth it (to me) in getting Day 1. Sure, I know that down the line I can (more than likely) get a game for $30, but I think of all the time that I could have enjoyed said game while waiting for the price to drop.

In this paticular case, 2 of the 3 other guys that I played College with are waiting to get a PS5 just for this game (one still plays Everbody's Golf on PS4 to this day while he waits). They are not gamers; they found a game they enjoyed. So, why would I say, "Hey guys I will get this game when it goes on sale" vs "Hey guys lets get the season going day 1" ?

What game could be compared to hi fi rush gameplay? I’m looking for a challenging action game, and it has really good reviews and is on sale.
Probably the only thing that comes close is Crypt or the Necrodancer but it’s really its own thing. All the combat is based on timing moves the the beat of the music. Kind of Devil May Cry meets Rock Band?

PS+ Extra and Premium games for May are available starting today.

• Red Dead Redemption 2 | PS4
  • Deceive Inc. | PS5
  • The Sims 4 City Living | PS4
  • Crime Boss: Rockay City | PS5
  • The Settlers: New Allies | PS4
  • Stranded: Alien Dawn | PS4, PS5
  • Cat Quest | PS4
  • Cat Quest II | PS4
  • The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame | PS4
  • Watch Dogs | PS4
PlayStation Premium | Classics
  • 2Xtreme | PS4, PS5
  • G-Police | PS4, PS5
  • Worms Pinball | PS4, PS5

Does anyone else find it odd that the PlayStation app doesn't tell you the size of the games? I'm going through the different coin challenges/Quests and it doesn't show you the file size of any of the games. Just want to get the quick 50 points for playing one of the PlayStation Plus premium games and annoying that I have to Google the file size of each game. I would guess that dead by daylight is the smallest one but won't know for sure until I Google them all. Lame.

Does anyone else find it odd that the PlayStation app doesn't tell you the size of the games? I'm going through the different coin challenges/Quests and it doesn't show you the file size of any of the games. Just want to get the quick 50 points for playing one of the PlayStation Plus premium games and annoying that I have to Google the file size of each game. I would guess that dead by daylight is the smallest one but won't know for sure until I Google them all. Lame.
Yeah, I've been in the same boat with the PS Stars campaigns. It's somewhat irritating, would be more so if I had a data cap or when I'm low on hard drive space. I don't have any campaigns with Dead by Daylight in them at the moment though. That might be a larger download depending on how it handles all the DLC.

If you played MultiVersus during the 'Open Beta', you can get the season 1 premium battle pass (which includes Jason Voorhees) for free.

Destiny Connect: Tick-Tock Travelers on PS4 is $3.99 on PSN, an all-time low.

This is an already forgotten NIS game from a few years ago. There is a kernel of a cult classic in there though. It’s really simple, like a kid’s first jrpg, but it’s got a lot of charm. It’s clearly a love letter to early 2000s PS2/Dreamcast jrpgs and has that neat Earthbound vibe.

Worth $4 if you like chill rpgs and obscure games that make you wonder why they even got greenlit for development.

Last edited:
Speaking of NIS, Grand Kingdom is on sale for dirt cheap. It was already given away in PS+ back in 2018, but for $1.79, why not get a permanent license. Both the PS4 and Vita versions were given away then, but the game isn't crossbuy, so you won't be getting the Vita version here. This game was made by ex-Vanillaware developers, so maybe there will be renewed interest in this title since Unicorn Overlord's release.

Speaking of NIS, Grand Kingdom is on sale for dirt cheap. It was already given away in PS+ back in 2018, but for $1.79, why not get a permanent license. Both the PS4 and Vita versions were given away then, but the game isn't crossbuy, so you won't be getting the Vita version here. This game was made by ex-Vanillaware developers, so maybe there will be renewed interest in this title since Unicorn Overlord's release.

If anyone else gets "Not available to purchase" when following that link, I searched the game separately and was able to get it.

Is the singleplayer campaign worth it? I’m really not interested in multiplayer.
Yeah, for $1.79, it's worth it easily. I'm not sure if the game even has multiplayer. It has some kind of online component that I think has already been shut down. The game has a demo if you want to check out the gameplay, but for a buck and change, you might as well just buy it instead of spending 10 minutes on a demo or watching review videos.

Games leaving PS+ Extra/Premium on June 18th:
  • Baja: Edge of Control HD
  • Brothers: a Tale of two Sons
  • DC League of Super-Pets
  • Dodgeball Academia
  • 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝗩
  • Indivisible
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans
  • MotoGP™23
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
  • Rehydrated
  • The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition
  • The Wild at Heart
  • Unturned

That link is for Europe, will it be for the US too? Would like to get PS+ discounted.
Generally, yes. There are some usually some slight differences between the sales, but they usually have the same promotions and the percentages roughly translate. (For what it's worth, this is the site and the poster that accurately posts the PS+ games before the official announcements.)

Games leaving PS+ Extra/Premium on June 18th:
  • Baja: Edge of Control HD
  • Brothers: a Tale of two Sons
  • DC League of Super-Pets
  • Dodgeball Academia
  • 𝗚𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝗩
  • Indivisible
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans
  • MotoGP™23
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
  • Rehydrated
  • The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition
  • The Wild at Heart
  • Unturned

I am definitely moving the Talos principle to the top of my list of games to play.

OMG YES they fixed the bullshit where going into ranged mode deselects your targeted enemy. I was constantly hitting the ranged mode trigger when I meant to block since the triggers are so close to each other, thus unlocking the enemy. Plus, the compass can now be displayed full time! And, the outfits look pretty sharp, too!

Too bad I already beat the game 3 times :ROFLMAO: oh well, this will all benefit any future playthroughs.

I'm just going to assume the censorship controversy was manufactured by SHIFT UP to get attention on the game pre-release, and Playstation approved this strategy knowing some people would cancel pre-orders or request refunds, because if Playstation was really adamant about censoring costumes, they wouldn't have allowed SHIFT UP to put in these uncensored recolors. Plus, there are way more risque outfits in the game that are completely uncensored. You can play the game in a bikini, for God's sake. Only way I can explain this mess.

OMG YES they fixed the bullshit where going into ranged mode deselects your targeted enemy. I was constantly hitting the ranged mode trigger when I meant to block since the triggers are so close to each other, thus unlocking the enemy. Plus, the compass can now be displayed full time! And, the outfits look pretty sharp, too!

Too bad I already beat the game 3 times :ROFLMAO: oh well, this will all benefit any future playthroughs.
I need to do another playthrough for the platinum. I missed 2 rest stops, need 9 cans, need to catch all the fish & get the bad ending.

Been playing Stranger of Paradise. It's literally Final Fantasy Nioh & I'm loving it.

I just want a update to delete a indivual save file. Every PS5 game needs to have this since Sony seems to refuse to update so you can do this on the system like the PS4. I made a second save to mess around with the infinite 'god mode' glitch and when I discovered I couldn't delete the blasted thing my ocd kicked in and I wipe the entire save, hence my now 4th playthrough 😩

I'm just going to assume the censorship controversy was manufactured by SHIFT UP to get attention on the game pre-release, and Playstation approved this strategy knowing some people would cancel pre-orders or request refunds, because if Playstation was really adamant about censoring costumes, they wouldn't have allowed SHIFT UP to put in these uncensored recolors. Plus, there are way more risque outfits in the game that are completely uncensored. You can play the game in a bikini, for God's sake. Only way I can explain this mess.
Actually I'm more going to go with the opposite. With the way they couldn't even clean up the altered outfits from the in game menus screams to me it was a last minute force by Sony. Now with the uncensored recolors in the update I take it as the game has already released, it sold, Sony is happy & no longer cares.

Censorship aside I do want to say one thing that a lot of people overlook about the game that has it going for it in my eyes. It's a complete game that is virtually bug free at launch. I played on the 1.0 version only had one issue in my first playthrough that didn't replicate on any follow up playthroughs on 1.0. I know some people complained about a timing delay on parry's, never had a issue. The only delay I ever got was on the follow up attack after a assassination/assault, which yeah sucked sometimes but I also used it to my advantage just as much to hit a enemy further away than what I would have normally if it was correct.

This game sure looks Korean.
Cue the Raven boss fight music 🤣

We started this global tradition seven years ago to celebrate you, our passionate PlayStation community, for your endless support. We are pleased to bring you more reasons to play, with special Days of Play activities appearing across PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Stars, PlayStation Store, PlayStation Gear, and retailers. The Days of Play celebration begins May 29 at 12:01AM through June 12 at 11:59PM local time in each region.

To mark this special occasion, we’re giving away new avatars to all PlayStation players throughout Days of Play. Starting May 29, players can access avatars that commemorate some of the popular titles that will be offered through PlayStation Plus during Days of Play. You can find them on the PlayStation Plus web page or visit the PlayStation Plus Days of Play page on your PS5 or PS4 console to get the voucher code. These PlayStation Plus avatars are free for all PlayStation players to redeem. Stay tuned for more free avatars during Days of Play.

PlayStation Plus Content Offerings

We’d like to share with you some fantastic news about the PlayStation Plus offerings available during the Days of Play celebration, which includes bonus Game Catalog titles, PS VR2 titles, new PS2 titles and more. Let’s take a look below.

Monthly Games for June​

(Available for all PlayStation Plus members on June 4 as part of our regular monthly offering)

To start off, here’s the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup for June.
  • SpongeBob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake
  • AEW Fight Forever
  • Streets of Rage 4
Also, just wanted to give a quick reminder that EA Sports FC 24 (part of May’s Monthly Games lineup) will be available until June 18, so you still have time to redeem this title if you haven’t already done so.

On June 3, all PlayStation Plus members will also be able to download a Roblox Pack that includes an avatar for Felix Freezebeard the Yeti.

Bonus titles for Game Catalog, Classic Catalog, PS VR2 and a Game Trial​

Here are the bonus titles we are releasing during the Days of Play celebration ahead of our normal release schedule, which include additions to the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog*, Classics Catalog*, PS VR2 bonus games and a Game Trial*. Don’t forget to check back later this month for our regular Game Catalog announcement to see the full June lineup. Enjoy!

PS VR2 games

(Available on June 6 for Premium members)
  • Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
  • Walkabout Mini Golf
  • Synth Riders
  • Before Your Eyes
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapters 1 & 2
PS2 games

(Available in Classics Catalog on June 11 for Premium members)
  • Tomb Raider Legend
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
PS4 and PS5 games

(Available in Game Catalog on the specified dates for Extra and Premium members)
  • Dredge | PS4, PS5 (available May 29)
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 | PS4 (available May 31)
  • Cricket 24 | PS4, PS5 (available June 5)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition | PS4, PS5 (available June 7)
Game Trial

(Available on May 29 for Premium members)
  • WWE 2K24 | PS4, PS5

Days of Play Activities

During Days of Play, we want you to join in on all the activities we have planned to bring you unique rewards while playing. Here’s a look at some of the activities planned for this year’s celebration. You can find more details about activities you can take part in on the Days of Play 2024 web page.

Days of Play Community Challenge

We’re bringing three exciting new challenges, where PlayStation players will work together to reach community goals to unlock exclusive PlayStation Stars rewards. PlayStation Plus members will get a unique reward for participating.

Find more details about these challenges on the Days of Play 2024 web page, and check in daily to see how you’re contributing alongside your fellow players.

PlayStation Stars Campaigns

We’ll have special PlayStation Stars Campaigns during Days of Play with new Digital Collectibles to earn. Be on the lookout for a new display case as well to showcase your Digital Collectibles.

There will also be exclusive PlayStation Stars Campaigns for PlayStation Plus members to look forward to that are focused on the titles available through PlayStation Plus during Days of Play, such as Dredge and EA Sports FC 24.

PlayStation Offers

We’ve got a lot of great promotions to make your play more remarkable. Below are some of the Days of Play offers from PlayStation Gear store, PlayStation Store, direct from PlayStation or local retailers.

Direct from PlayStation and Participating Retailers

Here are some of the hardware promotions available in select regions starting May 29 – June 12. Be sure to check direct.playstation.com (available in select markets) and participating local retailers, as offers and promotion dates may vary by region. Check out the Days of Play 2024 page for updates on local offerings.

• $50 off PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition
  • $100 off PlayStation VR2 and PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain Bundle
  • $20 off select titles including:
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
    • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
    • MLB The Show 24
    • MLB The Show 24: The Negro Leagues Edition
    • Rise of the Ronin
"PLAYSTATION PLUS MEMBERS ONLY GET 12 MONTHS OF NETFLIX PREMIUM AT NO EXTRA COST with purchase of a PS5® console or PS VR2 headset direct from PlayStation® Offer expires 12 Jun 24. Must be 18+ and resident of United States. Account for PSN & PS Plus required. Redemption link for 12-mth Netflix Premium expires 12 Sept 24. Once redeemed, Netflix subscription will continue until cancelled. Terms apply: https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/netflix"
Here are some additional exclusive offers from direct.playstation.com:

• PlayStation Plus members will also get an exclusive deal for purchasing a PS5 console or a PS VR2 headset through direct.playstation.com. PlayStation Plus members who sign in with their PlayStation account and purchase a PS5 or PS VR2 through direct.playstation.com will get 12 months of Netflix Premium. PlayStation Plus members can take advantage of this promotion during Days of Play from May 29 – June 12! Offer applies to new and existing Netflix subscribers. Terms and conditions apply.
  • $10 off all PlayStation 5 Console Covers
  • $80 off Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Collector’s Edition – PS5
And remember, players who shop through direct.playstation.com enjoy free standard shipping and free returns.

PlayStation Plus

Between May 29 – June 9, new players who join PlayStation Plus can save up to 30% on a 12-month membership plan. Local promotional dates may vary for this deal, so please check the Days of Play web page for local details.

Current members can get 25% off PlayStation Plus Extra, or save 30% off Playstation Plus Premium for the remainder of their membership when they upgrade their memberships between May 29-June 12.** Additionally, all PlayStation Plus members can get 15% off content from Sony Pictures Core starting May 29 through June 12. You can also check the Sony Pictures Core app*** to find additional offers during Days of Play.***

PlayStation Store

Days of Play will bring two weeks of incredible offers on hundreds of compelling digital games, including several 24-hour flash sales on PlayStation Store.

You can find a list of PlayStation Store offers here. Check back each day – especially for flash sales before they are gone.

I'm playing Dave the Diver too, but getting burnt out. Want to go for the platinum, but I've hit some endgame trophies that seem to be a grind.

Started Animal Well last night since I figure I can juggle it with other games. Next up will be Dredge once I finish one of those other 2 games.

bread's done
Back