Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I find even funnier the fact that you're making this joke about the prequel trilogy as if it doesn't already apply to the original 1977 movie.
original.gif

Enjoyed the second RE8 demo more than the first ... still don’t like how some enemies have no reaction to being shot. I’m assuming it’s because the game wants you to run past them rather than engage ... but it makes you wonder if you even hit them. I know RE isn’t a shooter, but it makes it feel a bit unsatisfying.

Atmosphere and characters seemed way more interesting than crying villager woman and dying old man from the first demo.

Random thought / spoiler from the trailer that follows the demo ... is that possibly
Wesker’s
voice saying Ethan Winters near the end of the trailer? I sure as hell hope so ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Since when?
While some classify earlier RE games as shooters, I tend to think of them as Survival Horror first and third/first person exploration games with a shooting element. It’s not supposed to be Doom where you’re just mowing everything down ... but RE7 did feel more empowering when you got the shotgun ... maybe RE8 will be the same ... but the pistol feels lethargic and unsatisfying IMO.

Enjoyed the second RE8 demo more than the first ... still don’t like how some enemies have no reaction to being shot. I’m assuming it’s because the game wants you to run past them rather than engage ... but it makes you wonder if you even hit them. I know RE isn’t a shooter, but it makes it feel a bit unsatisfying.
You know, I thought the same thing until I realized it's a lot like 4 where aiming for the legs then following up with melee was way more effective than headshots.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/26/meet-rivet-the-mysterious-new-protagonist-in-ratchet-clank-rift-apart/

Some new gameplay footage of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart with Rivet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p_gg9UW9k4

They also announced that DEVO's Mark Mothersbaugh is the composer of the soundtrack, so they have a few bits of songs to listen to in the post itself.

They're also doing a new State of Play on Thursday at 2 PM PT/5 PM ET with about 15 minutes of new gameplay for Rift Apart.

Anyone doing any last minute pickups from the PS Store sale?  

I'm still debating The Witcher 3 for $9.99 even though I already have it on the PC... just for the PS5 upgrade version (which is a sad reason to get it actually.)  

I've been going back and forth on Witcher 3 as well. Raytracing is nice but I was mostly wanting to finally check out the Blood and Wine expansion. I'd feel obligated to play through the campaign again though since I don't remember much, but where would I find the time. 

Anyone doing any last minute pickups from the PS Store sale?

I'm still debating The Witcher 3 for $9.99 even though I already have it on the PC... just for the PS5 upgrade version (which is a sad reason to get it actually.)
I thought about it due to not having the expansions on the pc due to them not having physical releases and gog not having prepaid cards. But then I think about it and I don't think I could take replaying the main game on ps4. On the pc I had almost no load times and the settings were maxed. I know ps4 isn't like that. As for the game, I don't really remember much about it other than a lot of running and horse riding. So I decided against it.

One positive thing I can say about the PlayStation store: I do appreciate that it shows my entire collection on one page, so I can just search in the page itself instead of relying on whatever horribly implemented search feature Sony would come up with.

The fact that I can't filter by any attributes whatsoever (VR headset required/PS Camera required/number of players etc) isn't quite as cool.
Not anymore for purchases it seems...changed to a max of 24 per page, oof.

Finally got this damn Platinum after getting everything but the make every enemy dance trophy a few years ago.

Ez8K7iGX0AE-fSj.jpg

Tip for those starting the game, as soon as you get the Groovitron, use it on as many creatures as you can, especially bosses. It'll save you from having to do a full second playthrough in Challenge Mode to double check that you've done it for every enemy you can find.

Still considering Persona 5 Royal Deluxe for $32 but I just don’t know when I’ll get around to playing it consistently.

was i the only one who was mildly annoyed that they added new games to the same sale? hard to sift through and find stuff I didn't already look at the week or so before.

Anyone have any input on power Rangers: Battle for the Grid?  Was looking at it since it is on sale but don't really know if it is a worthwhile fighting game.  Read some stuff saying that it is worth it now but wanted to get some input from others.

Anyone have any input on power Rangers: Battle for the Grid? Was looking at it since it is on sale but don't really know if it is a worthwhile fighting game. Read some stuff saying that it is worth it now but wanted to get some input from others.
I heard that it is very good from the fighting game community and the 3 vs 3 battles looks very fun. I don't think you can go wrong for the price and the improvements they made.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider complete dlc thingy is 5.99.  Much better than last time when it was 10.  Even though the game is pretty poor the tombs are a blast and the more the better.  But all in all mostly the same stuff as always at the same prices.  I may pick up the Shnemue 3 story dlc this time though.  But not the bundle.  I was was hoping for a ps3 sale but I guess that will never happen.

Same old, same old golden week type sales. Some better prices and some worse than before I believe. Would be better if that included Vita/PS3 so people can get RPGs and such for them but alas. May pick up Shenmue 3 DLC though I have to get through drudging through the 1st one still. I wasn't super enamored with my few hours of play earlier this year.

bread's done
Back