Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Are you sure you're not looking at the avatars that are 99 cents?
Yeah I mentioned it in the Vita deal thread I think it was, but it's one of those Vita games that doesn't actually show up in the Vita store. I think you could buy games like that on the old web store, but with the web store dead for real now the PS3 is your only option.

Anyone have some impressions of Curse of the Dead Gods? Looking for some good rogue light/rogue like games as I’m starting to realize that the genre is becoming my favorite. I’m a big fan of enter the gungeon and Dead Cells for example.

I played Curse of the Dead Gods on PC. Very similar to Hades in a way, but way more weighty fighting, a more punishing healing and exploring mechanic. You will get cursed and sometimes it sucks. Hard but satisfying combat. I liked it but it wasn't anywhere near as good as Hades. I rated it around 7/10. Decent game but not my favorite.

This is how I know I am reaching grandparent age. I made a purchase last week and now I’m wondering if I could have saved money by making a better purchase this week. Please help my old brain.

Last Wednesday I purchased “Far Cry New Dawn Complete Edition (Full Game and Add-On Content)” for $19.99

Now, this Wednesday (June 9) I see “Far Cry New Dawn Ultimate Edition” is on sale for $33.79

When buying bundles in the past, PsStore will deduct the price of already purchased items from the bundle, making sure you don’t double dip on digital purchases.

So what am I seeing here? The price of all the content I don’t already own? Or should I request a refund of my purchase last week and buy this bundle instead? I think this was $130 when I compared them before. I haven’t opened any of the content I already purchased.

TL;DR: I want all the content for the best price available

Thanks for doing math for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting in case anyone is considering the RE 4, 5 and 6 bundle in the double discount sale.

Don't.

RE6 isn't bad because it's too action and not enough horror like a lot of people say. It's bad because it's an awful game with horrible mechanics that are a total departure from anything resembling any of the other RE games. In fact, I have never seen any other games that are as shitty as it is. There's no innovation to speak of despite the fact that they're trying something new, it's just pure, unenjoyable trash from front to back with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

However, 4 & 5 are $8 each. Save yourself the 4 dollars and the time and don't even try to play RE6. It sucks. Majorly. RE5 is actually pretty great though. The complaints about it are overly harsh, especially in co-op. If you liked 4, you will like 5 probably.

By the way, Metal Gear Survive is $6. I can recommend it at that price, I honestly think it's a hidden gem people dismissed unfairly because of the anti-Konami sentiment. I brought it new at $40 because it looked like my kind of game and it was actually pretty fun. The microtransaction stuff is scummy, sure, but it's easy to ignore.

RE6 isn't bad because it's too action and not enough horror like a lot of people say. It's bad because it's an awful game with horrible mechanics that are a total departure from anything resembling any of the other RE games. In fact, I have never seen any other games that are as shitty as it is. There's no innovation to speak of despite the fact that they're trying something new, it's just pure, unenjoyable trash from front to back with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
The redeeming feature of RE6 is couch coop. How many AAA games still support couch coop - it's not many and that's what makes RE6 unique. It's beyond stupid but I could see how it would be fun with a buddy (similar to how watching awful movies is always more fun with friends)

But yeah, if you are only interested in single player it's a definite skip.

Picked up Hatsune Miku Future Tone Bundle for $20.

-Update-

Damn that comes with a lot of songs (~220). I'm only familiar with one or two Miku songs, so this should be a nice way to hear more. Demo with two songs available for those who want to try before you buy.

Hyped on BF 2042. After V I was a little worried but this reminds me so much of 3 (the best BF by far) and 4. Looking forward to June 13th to see some gameplay.

Posting in case anyone is considering the RE 4, 5 and 6 bundle in the double discount sale.

Don't.

However, 4 & 5 are $8 each. Save yourself the 4 dollars and the time and don't even try to play RE6. It sucks. Majorly. RE5 is actually pretty great though. The complaints about it are overly harsh, especially in co-op. If you liked 4, you will like 5 probably.

By the way, Metal Gear Survive is $6. I can recommend it at that price, I honestly think it's a hidden gem people dismissed unfairly because of the anti-Konami sentiment. I brought it new at $40 because it looked like my kind of game and it was actually pretty fun. The microtransaction stuff is scummy, sure, but it's easy to ignore.
RE6 is my favorite RE game. I highly recommend it and it’s well worth that price. Enjoy!

All I want is Battlefield Bad Company 3 but those cowards at DICE just won't do it!
Bad Company 3 is second on my wishlist behind a 2142 sequel, and this being a game set in the future is a step closer to that for me so I'm content. I'm glad they got away from present day after BF 3&4 and WW1 was a novel setting but going back to WW2 was lame if they weren't going to go full alt-history (though I understand why they wouldn't).

I’ve grabbed a lot of games over the past two sales and am currently looking at Lego Worlds and the Unyarny bundle for my kiddos. Also have the Deponia games and Elea in cart.
Is Undertale cross buy? The description doesn’t say so, but the bottom says something about the vita one time license fee.

Don't.

I thought RE6 was overall abysmal and Capcom should be permanently embarrassed for ever ever releasing it ... But it has a handful of redeeming qualities. The Ada campaign is decent, and it's seperate enough from the other campaigns that you can play it by itself and ignore the other stuff. The couch co-op is mindless fun, especially when playing with someone who may not be so great at shooters. If you are one of the weirdos who plays RE for the story and characters (like me), then there is a lot to keep you interested in the other campaigns too- like nearly every major RE character showing up, Chris & Leon finally meeting and Wesker's son being a thing for some reason. It's a B-movie plot, yeah, but that's always been part of the series' appeal. Unfortunately the gameplay itself is just so so bad.

I thought RE6 was overall abysmal and Capcom should be permanently embarrassed for ever ever releasing it ... But it has a handful of redeeming qualities. The Ada campaign is decent, and it's seperate enough from the other campaigns that you can play it by itself and ignore the other stuff. The couch co-op is mindless fun, especially when playing with someone who may not be so great at shooters. If you are one of the weirdos who plays RE for the story and characters (like me), then there is a lot to keep you interested in the other campaigns too- like nearly every major RE character showing up, Chris & Leon finally meeting and Wesker's son being a thing for some reason. It's a B-movie plot, yeah, but that's always been part of the series' appeal. Unfortunately the gameplay itself is just so so bad.
I always stand by this description of RE6: It's a pretty good third-person shooter, but the worst Resident Evil. I at least enjoyed playing it.

Buddy of mine is the Senior Voice Over Designer at DICE LA and has been working on BF 2042 over the last year.  I talked to him earlier this morning to congratulate him on a stellar trailer.  He told me that there is some crazy shit we haven't seen yet.

Looking forward to the 13th lol

There are a couple of new sales:

Double Discounts for PS+ members ends 6/24 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/5f23deed-eb76-4c44-ba9c-4305b1575898/1

Games Under $15 Sale ends 6/24 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

UFC 4 Deluxe Edition for 50% off until 6/17 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA14204_00-DELUXEEDITION000

Full list:

https://platprices.com/en-us/news/1010-psn-sale-june-9-2021-united-states

Some nice stuff I'm seeing:

• Civ VI is $14.39 for PS+ people, which seems like a new low for it while both of the big DLC bundles are on sale for decent prices
  • F1 2018 ($5.19) and F1 2019 ($7.79) for under $10 for PS+ for those interested in them.
  • Far Cry 3 CE is back at $3 for the first time in a while
  • Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory is half off for PS+
  • Puyo Puyo Champions is $3
  • Rogue Legacy's on sale for the first time in a while for $4.24
  • Star Wars Republic Commando is $10.49 for PS+ for its first sale after launch
  • Toki Tori 2+ is $1.49 for PS+ -
    It's a good mix of Zelda and Metroid-style exploration for a non-combat adventure game where you're trying to solve puzzles and learn abilities that you can do from the start.

Buddy of mine is the Senior Voice Over Designer at DICE LA and has been working on BF 2042 over the last year. I talked to him earlier this morning to congratulate him on a stellar trailer. He told me that there is some crazy shit we haven't seen yet.

Looking forward to the 13th lol
Meh, glad you are or someone is. The war game sequels are now right there with sports games to me. Pass on it or deep discount.

Thanks for the recommendation Frisky. If you have Puyo Puyo Tetris, is there any reason to grab Puyo Puyo Champions?

The free PS5 upgrade for Final Fantasy VII Remake is live now:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-7462776201452750

81 GB download

Upgrade for the Digital Deluxe version:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-0770864872994601

Free item pack for the PS5 version, which I believe is all of the free items they put out for the PS4 version at launch:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-0178847627322413

$19.99 for the Intermission episode:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-8094607291671776

Edit: Just noticed that the new PS5 FW made it so that the installed list of games in Game Library are the first tab that shows up instead of the collection, which is nice.

Who's getting Ninja Gaiden Master Collection? I really want it but no time to play it right now; don't know how long before a price drop.

Quick question about FF7 Remake. I have it on PS Plus and would like to upgrade to the PS5 version but see no path other than paying full price outright. Am I missing something or is this Square being Square again?

Quick question about FF7 Remake. I have it on PS Plus and would like to upgrade to the PS5 version but see no path other than paying full price outright. Am I missing something or is this Square being Square again?
They don't allow the upgrade from the ps+ version.

In my case, I own both the physical discs and the ps+ version. It also will not let me access the upgrade.

They don't allow the upgrade from the ps+ version.

In my case, I own both the physical discs and the ps+ version. It also will not let me access the upgrade.
You need to delete the PS+ version and download the free “Intergrade upgrade for PS4 owners” with the disc in.

You just need the disc in the drive to redeem the free PS5 upgrade. You do not need to delete your PS+ digital version if you have it downloaded.

bread's done
Back