Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Seems to be selling for $25-30 used on eBay for the standard edition, so probably worth it if someone wanted to try the base game and then flip with the dlc code if they don’t like the base game. In for one.

Godfall's an okay game. I got it from Gamefly and after beating the first stage, the install was constantly deleted to make room for the PS5 versions of FFVII Remake, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. 

Eh, watched a couple reviews on YouTube … cancelled my Godfall order. I’m getting older and more critical of the games I play, just looked kind of meh compared to other games.

It always breaks my heart to see a nice-looking RPG on sale, and then click and see it's just another Kemco game. Noooooooooo my hopes and dreams...
Yeah, what are these games? I have a couple free on Xbox but never played any. They look RPG Maker-tier. A new one seems to come out every couple of months.

I’ve seen various deals for Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin, but has anyone here played it? It’s on sale for $28 on PSN for the first time.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. The combat isn't amazing, but everything else is great (music/characters/setting/farming). Has that relaxing Atelier vibe to it.

Yeah, what are these games? I have a couple free on Xbox but never played any. They look RPG Maker-tier. A new one seems to come out every couple of months.
They have a reputation for being mass-produced and really bad. I just remember being really disappointed by the one I played years ago, because its screenshots made it look 100% like my type of game, but then the game itself was horrible and very, very low-effort.

Got the platinum for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which is by far the easiest of the series since it doesn't require at least a full second playthrough if not more. Still going to play through Challenge Mode. Spider-Man's definitely influenced how they do trophies to not be slogs like some of the old Ratchet & Clank games.

Got the platinum for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which is by far the easiest of the series since it doesn't require at least a full second playthrough if not more. Still going to play through Challenge Mode. Spider-Man's definitely influenced how they do trophies to not be slogs like some of the old Ratchet & Clank games.
I got it last week, I thought it was a fun platinum. Definitely easy. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, wouldn't have minded an excuse to play through it a second time honestly.

Were all of the theme designers on vacation for the past few weeks? Tell me how long it takes you to find that out, bud.
angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ratchet and Clank was a great showcase of the PS5 without overstaying its welcome. I’d say it’s the perfect GameFly subscription/free trial game, as I played a few hours a day and had the platinum in under a week. The game never crashed for me, and the only issue I found was a partially loaded level.

I mailed the game back to GameFly yesterday afternoon, and Sackboy already shipped. That’s pretty quick!

I platinumed Into the Nexus and the 2016 remake before starting Rift Apart.  I'm not feeling this new game.  The voice acting changed and it is glaring.  Admittedly this probably is more noticeable since I played the other games right before, but still should be noted.  The level design is beautiful, but it is too busy.  You can't get around as fluidly as you could in the older games without constantly pulling up the map.  And lastly, the game just isn't as fun as the previous games.  The glitch mini game for instance is not a puzzle, it's just a mini tank game.  Also the game is glitchy.  On the first level I went back up in the train station and hadn't got the wall run boots which you get later in the level, got the boots then went back and there were no enemies in the entire area.  The opening fight with Nefarious also glitched, when he floats out of range and sends creatures at you, you kill all creatures and he's supposed to come back into range, he just sat out there and I had to suicide to start the fight over.  I'm now on the planet as Rivet, we'll see how it goes, but not feeling it so far.

I platinumed Into the Nexus and the 2016 remake before starting Rift Apart. I'm not feeling this new game. The voice acting changed and it is glaring. Admittedly this probably is more noticeable since I played the other games right before, but still should be noted. The level design is beautiful, but it is too busy. You can't get around as fluidly as you could in the older games without constantly pulling up the map. And lastly, the game just isn't as fun as the previous games. The glitch mini game for instance is not a puzzle, it's just a mini tank game. Also the game is glitchy. On the first level I went back up in the train station and hadn't got the wall run boots which you get later in the level, got the boots then went back and there were no enemies in the entire area. The opening fight with Nefarious also glitched, when he floats out of range and sends creatures at you, you kill all creatures and he's supposed to come back into range, he just sat out there and I had to suicide to start the fight over. I'm now on the planet as Rivet, we'll see how it goes, but not feeling it so far.
Nope.

How's returnal for someone who isn't the biggest fan of rougelites
I would say give it a try. Once you beat a boss it basically acts like a checkpoint and you don't have to play that biome again if you don't want to. But it's very much a roguelite as you get new guns each time and the environment/enemies change. It's also very hard in my opinion. I'm not a fan of roguelikes and I wouldn't necessarily say I'm "all in" on this but I'm digging it.

Fired up my PS4 Pro for the first time since last year and purchased Katamari Damacy ReRoll, the best $10 spent on PS Store. My girls and I are having a ball playing this lost treasure. 😉

I have a very hard time dodging bullets sometimes in Returnal, but I admit I'm bad at the game. I got the true ending and am giving my copy to my buddy, but I did get some very frustrating gameplay and about 60 hours compared to most. Good but flawed game IMHO. 

Finally manged to get a PS5 (free disc version upgrade from Walmart!) and was thinking of getting Miles Morales. I never played the DLC for Spider-Man even though I loved the game and it's my only platinum trophy. Is it worth it to spend the extra $20 for the Ultimate Edition just to play the DLC for Spider-Man?

bread's done
Back