Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Action Arcade Wrestling had its PS4 day one patch paused as it was causing the game to crash, unpatched earlier version has some issues including no trophy list appearing despite them unlocking.

The game is super limited regardless gameplay-wise. It's super difficult to pick someone up off the mat, the control layout is incredibly awkward, and you have to be right in front of someone to grapple.

Something that's been in development for as long as it has should have the basic fundamentals down better than it does. Retromania it's not. Hell, Smackdown 1 back in 2000, it's not. From the looks of it they probably spent all their time on that creation app and the special effects moves.

I'll report back if the patch improves things much, but right now it's a wait til it's cheap recommendation. Like $5 cheap, as it's been on Steam recently.

It's not horrible, just super limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Axiom Verge 2 surprise launch: https://twitter.com/AxiomVerge/status/1425490103049220104

Noon PST / 3PM EST for PSN according to a follow-up tweet.

Need to play the first. Have it on PS4 so may as well play it. I'll get to it next year, or the year after, or the year after, or the year after.....

Soul Calibur season pass 2 never goes on sale. It’s been on sale two separate times on Xbox but never on PSN. Wtf gives? Lol
Probably because most people play on PS4.
Lucky for me, I bought a code for it on this very site from a certain now disgraced pedophile who used to run the most popular fighting game tournament in the world.
Before he was outed, of course. :bouncy:

Axiom Verge 2 surprise launch: https://twitter.com/AxiomVerge/status/1425490103049220104

Noon PST / 3PM EST for PSN according to a follow-up tweet.
I find it quite annoying that PlayStation version doesn't have a discount but both the Epic Store and Nintendo Eshop have the game discounted to $17.99.

Damn that's cool, definitely picking that one up.
Might want to look into previews and reviews a bit first. Seems that one of the biggest draws, the large number of diverse weapons isn't a thing with this one and pretty much all of the boss battles are optional. I played all the way through the original and wasn't taken by it as much as some were, but did enjoy the regular picking up of new weapons and boss battles to be a highlight in it.

Might want to look into previews and reviews a bit first. Seems that one of the biggest draws, the large number of diverse weapons isn't a thing with this one and pretty much all of the boss battles are optional. I played all the way through the original and wasn't taken by it as much as some were, but did enjoy the regular picking up of new weapons and boss battles to be a highlight in it.
This might not be how it comes across when actually playing Axiom Verge 2, but the fact that boss battles are optional because they're roaming the environment makes them feel more "organic" and less "theatrical", which seems neat to me.

Been enjoying Axiom Verge 2 a lot so far. Feels more like it's dolling out some good upgrades quicker than the first game did and the hacking mechanic is really cool. Some enemies you can turn into allies and even with bosses, you can disable at least some of their weapons, if not all. The options they offer for the hacking is pretty cool, if not way better than the static results in the first game. The combat's also pretty nice in being more focused on melee with a boomerang for ranged attacks. I was surprised to see skill points that you can find or get from bosses, which let you upgrade health, weapon attacks/speed, the drone's attack and speed, hacking stats, and other stuff. Very fun so far.

Looking forward to playing this. I ordered the physical from Target during the last B2G1 sale, but just got an email from them today saying that delivery has been delayed to 8/27. Total bummer. Looks like their site is showing sold out on the PS5 edition too. It’s got me curious about whether the physical copy has a more limited print run, or whether Target dropped the ball.

Either way, jealous of you CAGs that get to play it sooner than later!

Been playing more Axiom Verge 2 and I think the thing that will trip people up is that it's not a combat-focused game for the first couple of hours. You're not getting XP from enemies and health is plentiful with the way you have multiple avenues to refill (save spots, hacks, items that collect health to refill later, bushes, etc) that you don't need to kill every creature you run into. Just run past them if they're not a direct obstacle and even then, you can easily take hits and heal up on another screen. It's more focused on exploration, light puzzles, and story early on as you get upgrades to make exploration easier and after a few hours, you get weapon upgrades to make you better there for when more dangerous enemies are around and even then, the hacking lets you switch enemy allegiances, slow them down, or disable them all together. It's a nice change of pace from the original being more of a straight Metroid-style game with a lot of combat and aggressive enemies early on.

The Breach stuff is pretty cool as an expansion of what was in the original with the drone, though sometimes the map isn't the greatest with how much it doesn't let you zoom. I'm starting to use the markers to try to highlight things I need to get back to when I can unlock those areas/doors. There's a good point where the drone is more viable and necessary to get all of the collectibles in the main map with maybe some boss stuff for it to tackle, as well.

Bosses have been pretty neat so far as you may not have to beat them in a traditional manner, but the hacking can turn them from a direct threat to more of a puzzle as one early boss is once I figured out that I needed a nearby upgrade and could just leave the area to get that upgrade without having to die for my mistake. It's a nice breath of fresh air from what the typical Metroid-like does with bosses.

Abandoned update is up

It is just a dude walking for 2 seconds

I gotta reach out to Kojima and ask him what the hell is going on
Blue Box has been running this scam since 2015. Hyping up a game, delaying due to technical issues, then eventually canceling. As for what they're actually trying to achieve, that is the real mystery here.

Does anyone know a lot about dekudeals? A lot of people say to always check that site to find out what the lowest price a game has been but when I checked out Marvel Puzzle Quest to see about the DLC, I saw that says the lowest it's ever been is $14.99. That's incorrect because I bought it years ago for $1.49. It shows the DLC as never going on sale. How accurate is that site? Did I just happen to find the only game that's wrong?

I don't use them often so I can't say to the accuracy of their price tracking.  When did you buy the game on sale?  As to be fair Dekudeals is only just going on 3 years old. So anything before then wouldn't likely be on the website. 

I'd really only use dekudeals for Switch, of which the pricing is pretty accurate. I use others like PSprices for PSN.

Didn't know I needed a remaster of a mystery walking simulator that's been free pretty much everywhere already.
The original Life Is Strange story and characters have a huge community and following. They probably would have preferred to release the remaster prior to the new games, in fact. A lot of them weren't as enthused by Life is Strange 2 and wanted more call backs to the original, so they bowed to pressure with the remaster at least, and if they throw in any references or whatever... I'm actually looking forward to replaying it. It hit me pretty hard the first time. For folks whom it did not connect with, I would not expect much enthusiasm for the remaster, but you are also not the target audience. Square-Enix-Eidos-whatever they like money and know they can extract it from the fans of the original. The devs probably just want to make new stuff.

I don't use them often so I can't say to the accuracy of their price tracking. When did you buy the game on sale? As to be fair Dekudeals is only just going on 3 years old. So anything before then wouldn't likely be on the website.
It was in 2017 so it makes sense it's not on dekudeals.

I'd really only use dekudeals for Switch, of which the pricing is pretty accurate. I use others like PSprices for PSN.

I used DekuDeals for Switch and PSDeals for PS.
Yup, PS prices showed it but I can't find the DLC for the game on that site. I have copied and pasted exactly what it's listed as from the PS store but PS prices shows no results. Oh well. I'm thinking the add on content from the game has never gone on sale and never will.

It was in 2017 so it makes sense it's not on dekudeals.

Yup, PS prices showed it but I can't find the DLC for the game on that site. I have copied and pasted exactly what it's listed as from the PS store but PS prices shows no results. Oh well. I'm thinking the add on content from the game has never gone on sale and never will.
PSdeals has the history for the addons and shows they have never been on sale. Back in 2018 I bought the Hulk & Punisher and Deadpool & Doc Ock dlcs but skipped the Lady Thor one. Some warnings about them if you plan on buying:

1. Punisher and Doc Ock are unlocked from the start but both are under level 10.

2. You have to beat Deadpool's campaign quests in normal mode and again in hard mode in order to unlock him.

3. Hulk's quest just requires you to beat normal mode to unlock him if I remember correctly.

4. Both dlc quests are relatively short. Each is about 1-2 hours to beat.

5. The opponents in the dlc raise in level pretty quickly. In normal mode they peak at around level 200. Anywhere from 250 to 300 for hard mode if I'm remembering right.

Are the Asdivine games worth snagging or should I pass?
Look up average to below average RPGs on the web and you'd likely find Kemco's full RPG catalog. These are mobile games ported to consoles so the graphics are average kind of a like an SNES game. I've played Asdivine Hearts on my phone, which was OK enough. If you really want a decent sized, maybe not crazy long RPG they're all likely worth a bit of play time. Not for my favorite developer/producer.

PSdeals has the history for the addons and shows they have never been on sale. Back in 2018 I bought the Hulk & Punisher and Deadpool & Doc Ock dlcs but skipped the Lady Thor one. Some warnings about them if you plan on buying:

1. Punisher and Doc Ock are unlocked from the start but both are under level 10.
2. You have to beat Deadpool's campaign quests in normal mode and again in hard mode in order to unlock him.
3. Hulk's quest just requires you to beat normal mode to unlock him if I remember correctly.
4. Both dlc quests are relatively short. Each is about 1-2 hours to beat.
5. The opponents in the dlc raise in level pretty quickly. In normal mode they peak at around level 200. Anywhere from 250 to 300 for hard mode if I'm remembering right.
Interesting. Why didn't you buy Lady Thor? Is she just the character? No story? All the DLC adds up to $9.99 and from what you just typed, it doesn't sound like it's worth it and that you weren't happy with your purchase. I find it odd that it has never been on sale.

Does any place have PlayStation Plus 12 month on discount? I could have sworn that was a lot cheaper at some place pretty much regularly but I can’t remember where. Any help would be appreciated.

Does any place have PlayStation Plus 12 month on discount? I could have sworn that was a lot cheaper at some place pretty much regularly but I can’t remember where. Any help would be appreciated.
Look on the trade forums here. You might be thinking of cdkeys.

Interesting. Why didn't you buy Lady Thor? Is she just the character? No story? All the DLC adds up to $9.99 and from what you just typed, it doesn't sound like it's worth it and that you were happy with your purchase. I find it odd that it has never been on sale.
Yup, the Lady Thor dlc only comes with the character no story mode. The Hulk & Deadpool dlcs are okay if you simply want some post game content. The base game has no real post game unfortunately, but you do unlock Loki and Iron Patriot.

Looking at the price history of the other PlayStation store Puzzle Quest games most have only been on sale once in their entire history. Puzzle Quest Galactrix for the ps3 seems to have never been on sale at all. Could be a case of Sony not sending them sale invites or the developer only focusing on profits from the free-to-play games.

War for Wakanda is looking pretty fire tbh.  I played a shit ton of hours on Avengers and got bored, but this is definitely going to bring me back.

War for Wakanda is looking pretty fire tbh. I played a shit ton of hours on Avengers and got bored, but this is definitely going to bring me back.
I enjoyed my run through the original game and the addon characters. Just re-installed the PS5 version to give it a playthrough now that Wakanda will be a part of it.

Only thing I wish they would rethink is the cost of the skins.  The prices as they sit now are way too fucking expensive for a full priced AAA game.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1427631488456142858

There will be a free Ratchet & Clank pack with a themed decal, boost, and toppers in Rocket League starting 8/18 until 1/3/22. There will also be a new PS+ pack on PSN 8/24 with some new items in it.

An update will also be out that day:

Also starting on August 18, enjoy Rocket League on the PlayStation 5 at 120hz. A new “Video Quality” setting will be added within the Video Settings menu allowing players to select Quality or Performance modes. Here are the details for each setting:

Quality:

• 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
  • HDR requires HDR10 compatible display and HDMI 2.0 cable or better
  • 4K capable display required to experience 4K. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 4K
Performance:
  • Game runs at 2688×1512 resolution (70% of full 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR
  • Game UI runs in 4K
  • 4K capable display required to experience 4K UHD. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 2688×1512
  • HDR and 120 FPS require a compatible display, as well as Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cabl

bread's done
Back